Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria (40177 Views)

Japa: ‘many Nigerians Trapped In Illegal Marriage Contract Abroad’ / Should You Japa (with Family) On A Study Visa In 2024? / "Last Born": 5 Things You Can Relate To As The Youngest Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Bhettie: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2023
FEMALE ROOMMATE NEEDED IN A MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU, Lagos

FEE: 350k
Agency:50k
Total: 400k

Call: 08087979068
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2023
scally11:

U see most people no know say experience na the best teacher. When we mention cold some go think say na AC cold. I have a friend that I told that Scotland is very cold, he was making mouth that he used to sleep naked for AC. The day he got here it was even in the Autumn na so he dey shout say I beg I no fit stay here. For winter he dey wear winter jacket inside house. Nigerian sabi talk say get used to it. Oyinbo way dey born here self no get used to it na me way come from naija go get used to it

you only wear winter jacket in the house, if you have no money for heating or trying to minimise your heating bill

all the house have heating system
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Asabe4(f): 5:34pm On Apr 30, 2023
Iamzik:

True that.
Today is ya nairaland birthday grin
grin
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by millionboi2: 5:53pm On Apr 30, 2023
whippersnapper:
Why is it that the moment someone makes money in Nigeria, he automatically turns to a motivational speaker. It is only someone that is cursed that will leave this shithole and still miss Nigeria. This country is hellfire
speak with sense oga, don't allow frustration take away your reasoning.
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by millionboi2: 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2023
Mhistaedie01:
Make God just give me money... I no wan leave this country I swear 😩😩
Imagine missing Nigerian food, jollof rice and plenty swallow ahhhh and our curvy and problematic girls I go too miss them.. noooo I can't.
same with me, I can only visit..... All I pray for is money more money.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by whippersnapper(m): 7:48pm On Apr 30, 2023
millionboi2:
you wey get sense wetin you done use am do.
millionboi2:
you wey get sense wetin you done use am do.
millionboi2:
you wey get sense wetin you done use am do. odé
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by damoceile: 8:21pm On Apr 30, 2023
If this is all I would miss about Nigeria, then I'm not missing anything if I travel out..
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by scally11: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

you only wear winter jacket in the house, if you have no money for heating or trying to minimise your heating bill

all the house have heating system

Do u know that during winter even when u put on the heater immediately u off it the cold go come. Can you put in heater 24/7. Do u know how expensive gas is now. U need to see how happy oyinbos are to see small sun coming out. They will sit under the sun to warm their body while does who are not strong usually travel to the Caribbean or tropic area during winter.
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2023
scally11:
■ Do u know that during winter even when u put on the heater immediately u off it the cold go come. Can you put in heater 24/7. Do u know how expensive gas is now. U need to see how happy oyinbos are to see small sun coming out. They will sit under the sun to warm their body while does who are not strong usually travel to the Caribbean or tropic area during winter.
1. Heating systems on thermostats are meant to stay on 24/7. undecided
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2023
scally11:

Do u know that during winter even when u put on the heater immediately u off it the cold go come. Can you put in heater 24/7. Do u know how expensive gas is now. U need to see how happy oyinbos are to see small sun coming out. They will sit under the sun to warm their body while does who are not strong usually travel to the Caribbean or tropic area during winter.

i live in scotland glasgow i dont get told about how cold is scotland

The heating works thermostat set it to room temperature
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by millionboi2: 10:14pm On Apr 30, 2023
Atonsboy:
Abeg d only thing I miss nah friends we get years back. And small small dem dey gather here. Soon we no go miss anything again. We still dey eat naija food steady, the weather best for me and orderliness is great. We dey alright here. Amenities dey work well and am happy to pay for it. Dey there dey deceive urself. Any body wey wan stay naija. Abeg stay there
oga naija cool na money you no get for naija, if you get money you go dey ball 247

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 2:31am On May 01, 2023
Cypherhendrix:

The speed limit is for your own sake, unlike naija where you need to beat traffic it not like that most times here so why speed like you are in formula 1 smiley, and loud music even in naija person use police carry church wey dey loud praise and worship for him ear, all this is not freedom it just naija is lawless.
lol na dat lawlessness dey mk am sweet pass o
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 2:32am On May 01, 2023
Chidolalar:

Pls can u connect me to Canada and show me d way on how u are making money over there. Thanks
na to come tru school o... Then wen u land, i go show u show. 100% legit.The question na if u get strength and not lazy.
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Bhettie: 9:16am On May 01, 2023
HOT OFFER

FEMALE ROOMMATE NEED IN A FURNISHED MINI FLAT

AT SHOMOLU , Lagos

FEE: 250k
Agency:20k
Total: 270k

Call: 08087979068
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by scally11: 11:46am On May 01, 2023
ZIMDRILL:

i live in scotland glasgow i dont get told about how cold is scotland

The heating works thermostat set it to room temperature
Maybe u should help me. I pay over 300£ on heating alone and I only use the gas heater only a few hours in a day. How much do u pay on heating bill
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Chidolalar: 2:04pm On May 01, 2023
kossyablaze:
na to come tru school o... Then wen u land, i go show u show. 100% legit.The question na if u get strength and not lazy.
Pls what do u mean by nah to come true school?
I am not lazy at all.
I really need to make legit money to look after my old mum and secure my personal, and future family needs.
And what do u mean by wen I land bcuz as of now I don't even have enough money to cater for my personal needs not to talk of looking for money for flight
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 3:40am On May 02, 2023
Chidolalar:

Pls what do u mean by nah to come true school?
I am not lazy at all.
I really need to make legit money to look after my old mum and secure my personal, and future family needs.
And what do u mean by wen I land bcuz as of now I don't even have enough money to cater for my personal needs not to talk of looking for money for flight
ur visa go be for schooling. Buh na money... Buh the thing be say u go make that money back in few months.
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:21am On May 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. What freedom abeg? undecided

The freedom to always write '1' without remembering to write '2' and still go scot-free.

Abroad, you'll be bundled to the next mental health home after being reported by your 'good' neighbours grin.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Chidolalar: 11:28am On May 02, 2023
kossyablaze:
ur visa go be for schooling. Buh na money... Buh the thing be say u go make that money back in few months.
Like how much is d visa for schooling and how much is d cost of flight
Can u break down d overall cost it takes to get there
And what kind of job will u secure to make d money back in few months
And are u working or schooling in canada
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Holluwhakemmy(f): 7:33am On May 07, 2023
Mitchy49:
I pray for every Nigerian that wants a better life, I pray God almighty in his infinite and inestimable capacity, grant everyone their hearts desires in Jesus name. Be it maritally, financially, economically, materially, physiologically, God supply their needs. Those seeking for fruit of the womb, those that need a better job, those that want to have their own houses, God settle them all round. There shall be no loss, no lack and no limitations in Jesus name.
Testimonies will never cease amidst them. Everyone here is preserved and protected. You will not be victim of any casualty in Jesus name
Amen
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by roqrules04(m): 11:16am On May 15, 2023
Working or doing business without paying tax 😂
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On May 15, 2023
roqrules04:
Working or doing business without paying tax 😂
That seems to be major for pretty much all those who bark and whine about high taxes abroad. They are majorly the kind who don't pay taxes, or even pay back loans in Nigeria. grin
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 12:52am On May 18, 2023
phr0nesis:
Na food I know say I go miss

I remember when I traveled to Spain on a business trip do you know that getting ordinary rice to eat in the hotel was an uphill task shocked
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by phr0nesis(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2023
Kobicove:

I remember when I traveled to Spain on a business trip do you know that getting ordinary rice to eat in the hotel was an uphill task shocked
cheesy cheesy
And rice is even popular
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by kossyablaze(m): 4:40am On May 24, 2023
Chidolalar:

Like how much is d visa for schooling and how much is d cost of flight
Can u break down d overall cost it takes to get there
And what kind of job will u secure to make d money back in few months
And are u working or schooling in canada
visa no reach 500k...buh schools fees na like $8k[4m] for first session. Then wen u enter, u work and pay d rest. School fees here na normally $16k-38k depending on how many years d course be and the course name. Any job as long as u save. $17 - $23 per hour and a student can work 40hrs a week.... Im working. Not a student..... Flight na like 500k-1.5m depending on how near u book am
Re: 5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria by Nobody: 6:05am On May 24, 2023
Mindlog:

Freedom to do what?

To pee anywhere you want i guess!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Giving Her Husband A Haircut In Lagos / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby After 10 Years Of Pregnancy (pic) / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.