Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) (27829 Views)

Arsenal Star Bukayo Saka Is In Lagos [video, Photos] / Abuja Holds First International Marathon (Video, Photos) / Ruth Okafor: Referee Saves Player's Life During Football Match. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Naijalarry: 5:53pm On Apr 29, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YL5SnyATY

History was made on Saturday in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory as Bahrain runner Ruth Jebet won the women’s categories of the Abuja International Marathon.

Jebet stole the show as she won with a time of 2.36.08 while Kenya’s Mercy Kwambai was second with a time of 2:38:17 Dida Negasa from Ethiopia with a time of 2:40:16 settled for the third spot.

On winning the title, Jebet said: “I can never forget the Abuja International Marathon, it is my first full marathon and I won it, I hope to be back next year to defend my title.”

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2023
Congrats, she's doing masculine sport . Marathon should be a man's thing because it will help them sexually. Please don't quote me, enjoy your weekends.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by benikad(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
This lady thick o

If u know u know
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Solidkay(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Congratulations......
Any other national that can win kenyas in a marathon race deserves that their statue be put in a museum......
If you know you know.....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Yankiss(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hmmm. This is the very first time Kenya and Ethiopian nationals are beaten to it in long distance race by any country - and Bahrain of all. Congratulations. History was made indeed!

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Af0nja: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
How to unbar your dream world is a short guide that will help you forge a descent lifestyle to have clearer and more collective dreams.

See signature, it's for free.
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Seagodess(f): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Congrats, she's doing masculine sport . Marathon should be a man's thing because it will help them sexually. Please don't quote me, enjoy your weekends.
shut up.. All of una..na igboya dey cover una secret for bed

3 Likes

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I need to start then , I go dey run from mowe to ibafo because of toto now
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by flexyrule(m): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wow
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Af0nja: 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:

Weak man speaks, sorry to disappoint you some women find joy in doing it. You're not in any position to say what a woman should and should not do. To carry your big head for nine months is even harder than marathon grin

8 Likes

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:14pm On Apr 29, 2023
Great

When Nigerian go win am.
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by bigdammyj: 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2023
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by edungene7: 8:16pm On Apr 29, 2023
Nothing buhari never take our eyes see even mountain climbing some people go still show buhari aka pharaoh abeg dey go
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by thrillionaire(m): 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wow. Nothing in life is easy.. the amount of hard work they put in to be here is unimaginable. And here I am wishing I participated and came first - third so I can win price money and have business capital.. lol

1 Like

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Deicide: 8:17pm On Apr 29, 2023
We were not Informed
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
I need to start then , I go dey run from mowe to ibafo because of toto now
So you've not been doing it and you chose this username? undecided
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Satanistx: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
Primenet:
Congratulations!

earn it for your family nA
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by HeartlessMan: 8:18pm On Apr 29, 2023
No breast

1 Like

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2023
strength of a woman.....
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by eepeepook: 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
Congratulations to her.
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:20pm On Apr 29, 2023
cool
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by merits(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29, 2023
Naijalarry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_YL5SnyATY

History was made on Saturday in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory as Bahrain runner Ruth Jebet won the women’s categories of the Abuja International Marathon.

Jebet stole the show as she won with a time of 2.36.08 while Kenya’s Mercy Kwambai was second with a time of 2:38:17 Dida Negasa from Ethiopia with a time of 2:40:16 settled for the third spot.

On winning the title, Jebet said: “I can never forget the Abuja International Marathon, it is my first full marathon and I won it, I hope to be back next year to defend my title.”

Na me be this oo,the race is not easy I ran and nearly gas out.But I God for my today victory.

1 Like

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by kevoh(m): 8:23pm On Apr 29, 2023
Solidkay:
Congratulations......
Any other national that can win kenyas in a marathon race deserves that their statue be put in a museum......
If you know you know.....
lol...She's Kenyan by birth.

2 Likes

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Okiton: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
cheesy

Iyaebethegreat come and see ur fellow woman

1 Like

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Mindlog: 8:24pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ruth Jebet na Kenyan. cheesy
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by kevoh(m): 8:25pm On Apr 29, 2023
Yankiss:
Hmmm. This is the very first time Kenya and Ethiopian nationals are beaten to it in long distance race by any country - and Bahrain of all. Congratulations. History was made indeed!
She's originally from Kenya but competing as Bahrain.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Kizzygentle: 8:27pm On Apr 29, 2023
Wait oooo.. So there was a Kenyan and Ethiopian but a Bahrain lady won it.... Unbelievable.. The marathon was fixed...
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by MorolayoVictor(m): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
Ruthless Ruth.
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Originalsly: 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
Hmmm..... she finished with a lot of speed..... if I joined the race in the last 100m I can't win her......she,deserves the gold!
Re: Moment Ruth Jebet Won Abuja Marathon Female Category (Video, Photos) by Antipob777(f): 8:28pm On Apr 29, 2023
Igbo ladies always on top. Congratulations Nwanne.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BIG BOY! Ahmed Musa Makes N4million Promise To U-23 Eagles After Libya Win / Supersports Asks You To Select The Greatest Ever African In The Premier League / Nigerian Striker Audu Seriki Dies In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.