Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) (53845 Views)

Lagos, Oando Take Delivery Of First Electric Buses In Nigeria / Buses In Toronto Canada Vs Lagos Nigeria (Video) / Facts About The New BRT Buses In Lagos - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:39am On May 01, 2023
jumper524:
Lagos has lived up to expectation.
Despite the Abuja being the capital of Nigeria since 1991, it has struggled to gain clear cut advantage over lagos state as both City are still very competitive in development.
When I give kudos to the architecture of modern lagos(Asiwaju) , people would complain that its the federal capital in the past, meanwhile they've had 3 governors after the capital was moved to Abuja before Asiwaju yet none of them were seen to be credible enough to be given this accolades.
God bless Asiwaju and the lagos state governors who have set up standard of development.
Also God bless Baba tunde raji fashola.

I pray one Congo of garri doesn't reach N1000 with you guys still using Lagos to launder APC's image even after eight years.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:40am On May 01, 2023
SmartyPants:
Lagos always doing as if it is a country of its own separate from Nigeria. Wonderful, forward-thinking government!

Other States need to step up and emulate some of these things.
How much do they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:41am On May 01, 2023
humberjade:
Nice one

For your info, these buses would have strategic terminals where they are to be recharged. So it doesn't have anything to do with with the state of electricity in the country, commercial solar systems are good enough to back up the electricity from the national grid and Lagos' IPP.

So no cause for alarm, na maintenance come remain.
recharged by petrol engine or renewable options?

Please how much do they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:42am On May 01, 2023
leedigital:
Great! Now we have more facilities to compete for the limited power we have. shocked
How much do they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items? This has been the story of Lagos under APC.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:43am On May 01, 2023
clearcrystal:
God bless our Daddy
Asiwaju Jawonlaya Bola Ahmed Tinubu
and his begotten son Sanwo-Olu.

We pray to see more of this...

REAL CHANGE IS COMING
With the debt vurden of Lagos it is good to know how much they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 8:44am On May 01, 2023
RepoMan007:

How much do they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items?

I don't know - do you have any information that the items cost 11 times as much as they should?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:45am On May 01, 2023
seguno2:

Maybe they are relying on the stable electricity supply achieved by Fashola in six months after Nigerians gave them the opportunity to deliver their change agenda in 2015?

Or what else is the basis, since they are not moving Lagosians with the light rail commissioned by Buhari so many weeks ago ??
Exactly. Any attempt at accountability is termed wailing and tears.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:45am On May 01, 2023
Goalnaldo:
Forget sentiment this man is really trying in lagos. One of the few good thing to come out from apc.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:49am On May 01, 2023
BigIyanga:
Where is electricity to power and charge?
So OANDO, owned by Tinubus, is now into selling and managing molue buses? Or LASG awarded an inflated contract to their crony company. What is the value thar OANDo is offering without BAT influence?

All with burdensome debt extending into future generation.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by AmazingELixir: 8:50am On May 01, 2023
lipsrsealed

Let's give these ones 6 months tops before it goes the way of it's diesel predecessors.

A country that lacks maintenance culture...those that have the opportunity ride it now should savour it because it ain't gonna last.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RevolverOcelot(m): 8:50am On May 01, 2023
Impressive. I just hope there will be light to charge it grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:51am On May 01, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
They've shown us the buses. However, charging stations have not been built as at yet.

I celebrate the Lagos State government for this trail blazing move. But if you don't have charging stations yet in place, then what's the point? Except ofcourse Oando has given concrete assurances that they will have them in place soon.
what's the point charging it with a diesel or petrol engine and then end up using same fuel conventional buses use?

Asides that, how much do they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:54am On May 01, 2023
Elonmuzk:
Africans and their shallow mindset. So because of all the substandard roads and rail projects Chinese are constructing with their high interest loans, you consider them a better ally than United States. Without US, polio would still be killing people in Africa. Without the US, Malaria would still be killing people in their numbers. Without the US, Aids would still be a death sentence. Let me stop here.
he is writerNiig and writerNig, the dude that runs BRICS(Brazil, Russia, Iran, China, South Africa) propaganda on Nairaland.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by RepoMan007: 8:56am On May 01, 2023
SmartyPants:

I don't know - do you have any information that the items cost 11 times as much as they should?
I spoke in principle because that's what Lagos is known for under APC. They do road at multiple times the average cost around the world and claim Eko OnI Baje, when they have already spoilt even the future of Lagos with huge loans looted via these projects
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 9:01am On May 01, 2023
lolu2019:
u meant unlike Headless mobs.

Spot on, Wa Gbayi jare Oga mi,👍👊

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2023
lendahand:
development in any state is incumbent on the IGR of that state. Lagos has the highest IGR in Nigeria. My question to you now is: Do you think Igbos who dominate the major markets in Lagos plus the Apapa Terminal which is the highest revenue generator do not contribute to the development of Lagos Are you informed properly or speaking out of sheer envy??

Envy for you??As in i don't understand
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Emmanuel909090: 9:03am On May 01, 2023
Super
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 9:04am On May 01, 2023
MightySparrow:

Shatap, na Igbo bought too them. We know how to develop Lagos than developing our own statesgrin

Yes Sir, am Loyal Sir. Have heard you Sir.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 9:07am On May 01, 2023
smsinnigeria:

You are not ashamed of yourself. Sanwu olu unveil electric car made in Lagos or imported. I use solar powered standing fan I should go media and unveil it Ndi ara .Bala blue bulaba blablabla region. They can't celebrate Ingenuity only cut corners.

Show us your own ingenuity or Swerve go one side make we view better things.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Acekidc4(m): 9:08am On May 01, 2023
omokudu:

Shut up and thank Oando

Yes Sir.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by MightySparrow: 9:08am On May 01, 2023
Acekidc4:

Yes Sir, am Loyal Sir. Have heard you Sir.

You get it.
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by humberjade: 9:11am On May 01, 2023
RepoMan007:
recharged by petrol engine or renewable options?

Please how much do they cost because buying one item for the cost of eleven is same as buying one and stealing 10 items?

I don't understand your questions, but i assume they will be recharged by renewable energy majorly, otherwise, it betrays the main essence of buying them in the first place.

Note, I am not a mouthpiece of the government, just a submission made based on my own little exposure and knowledge on how it works.

Below is a picture of how charging stations look like, this is in Berlin, Germany.

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by mmsen: 9:11am On May 01, 2023
jumper524:
Lagos has lived up to expectation.
Despite the Abuja being the capital of Nigeria since 1991, it has struggled to gain clear cut advantage over lagos state as both City are still very competitive in development.
When I give kudos to the architecture of modern lagos(Asiwaju) , people would complain that its the federal capital in the past, meanwhile they've had 3 governors after the capital was moved to Abuja before Asiwaju yet none of them were seen to be credible enough to be given this accolades.
God bless Asiwaju and the lagos state governors who have set up standard of development.
Also God bless Baba tunde raji fashola.

Nonsense.

Abuja is still far cleaner and more organized than Lagos.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Invitationn: 9:14am On May 01, 2023
loswhite:
Where do you get information from? Is it not funny that you probably get your information from Chinese media and choose to believe it is not propaganda....lol but turn around and accused ppl of getting their information from US media
Valid points.
Spotting a propaganda campaign isn’t as hard as it seems. The whole idea is to corrupt the truth.

I’ll give you some instances and you be the judge.
We’ve been dealing with the US for decades now.
We have the a huge energy issue.
We have a huge infrastructure issue (roads, railways, airports- MMA in Lagos; the busiest, the gateway to Nigeria is an eyesore).

What did the US do about it? What help did they give?
All they do is threaten us with sanctions (John Kerry threatened GEJ with sanctions because of a bill to legalise homosexualism). Trump paused the delivery of the much needed Tucanos to fight terrorists as sanctioning measures even after we’ve paid in full.

Looking at what the Chinese has done for us in less than a decade- over our nascent relationship with them.
Railways and rail stations , highways, Airport terminals, Port and bridges.
They not only provide the loans (interest cheaper than what’s obtainable in the world bank and IMF) they are also building the infrastructure.

Now, you’d agree with me that I didn’t get these information from the Chinese media: these are facts! We can all see it.

That’s not propaganda.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Moniya4Real(m): 9:20am On May 01, 2023
Dem don come as usual. Why would I strive to see anything good about them when unlike you, a Western vassal, I base my conviction on glaring realities rather than myopic sentiments. Even , the West you so much care to love ,inspite of the heinous crime they committed against your forefathers, have admitted to their atrocious acts. But, may be you should start by giving an objective answer to the question- “ why did the entire west support‘apartheid South Africa’ then? Mr imperialist supporter, I believe your forefathers that were maimed, pillaged, mutilated and dehumanized would be regretting they gave birth to a supporter of devilish , imperialist west, like you. Thank God Patrice Lumumba, Mandela, Jomo Kenyatta, Kwame Nkrumah never had a docile mind like you.

loswhite:
It is a glaring evidence because it aligned to your views. Anti west never sees anything good in the west. I can post a pic with zero facts and you will jump in to it like a dunce.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by ridwanlawal: 9:33am On May 01, 2023
Almunjid:

Na people wey don bed wet before go understand wetin u mean grin
cheesy
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by litaninja(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2023
Not really.
All the aforementioned options don't exist at this time.

humberjade:

Well, I am not a mouthpiece of the Lagos State government, I am sure they have means to power the said buses. Apart from the national grid, Lagos has its IPP, and in addition, solar is another clean way to generate power too. So it doesn't have to be generating plants so as not to defeat the emission control goal. Wind turbines is another means, but i don't think Nigeria has enough wind all year round to power them.

So does that address your concern?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by humberjade: 9:49am On May 01, 2023
litaninja:
Not really.
All the aforementioned options don't exist at this time.

Solar panel systems are not in existence in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Khyrvxjzy: 10:08am On May 01, 2023
lagos should make a free for all rail and automatic rail tax for everyone
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by Khyrvxjzy: 10:11am On May 01, 2023
Beno3:
Another looting loading...

u go fit make am if you dey reason like this...
#poor man
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by CursedOsuPigs: 10:12am On May 01, 2023
Beno3:
Another looting loading...

In all these, 5hats what your myopic mind sees?😏

Shame!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Electric Buses In Lagos (Photos) by loswhite(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2023
Moniya4Real:

Dem don come as usual. Why would I strive to see anything good about them when unlike you, a Western vassal, I base my conviction on glaring realities rather than myopic sentiments. Even , the West you so much care to love ,inspite of the heinous crime they committed against your forefathers, have admitted to their atrocious acts. But, may be you should start by giving an objective answer to the question- “ why did the entire west support‘apartheid South Africa’ then? Mr imperialist supporter, I believe your forefathers that were maimed, pillaged, mutilated and dehumanized would be regretting they gave birth to a supporter of devilish , imperialist west, like you. Thank God Patrice Lumumba, Mandela, Jomo Kenyatta, Kwame Nkrumah never had a docile mind like you.

A fool like you always jump from one imperialist to another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairobi, Kenya. The New Dubai Of Africa? / Breath Taking Pixs From Kano State / Mistaken Of Identification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.