Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

How Do I Become God's Friend? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Become God's Friend? (437 Views)

How To Become God's Oracle / The Only Way To Become God's Righteousness Is By Keeping God's Word! / Five Simple Ways To Become God’s Favourite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become God's Friend? by ecolime(m): 5:32am On May 06, 2023
Hello guys!

First of all, Hapoy birthday to me amd please join me as I celebrate a new age today.

It's a Landmark birthday for me and I have long thought of what to do going forward to make life more meaningful.

I have decided to re-dedicate my life to God and make him my all as never before. I don't just want to live life the normal way. I am comfortable in my own little way but I feel like I am just living life based on my personal philosophy and out of God's will and purpose.

I am honestly restless within me. Any advise on how to develop a deeper relationship or intimacy with Christ and command same spiritual power as all the known great men of God?

Please don't confuse this with opening a church or being a Pastor. NO

I just want to be on fire for God, win souls, intercede for others, see visions, heal the sick, etc. I don't mind leaving all my earthly treasures for this.

Please advise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On May 06, 2023
ecolime:
■ I have decided to re-dedicate my life to God and make him my all as never before. I don't just want to live life the normal way. I am comfortable in my own little way but I feel like I am just living life based on my personal philosophy and out of God's will and purpose. I am honestly restless within me. Any advise on how to develop a deeper relationship or intimacy with Christ and command same spiritual power as all the known great men of God?

Please don't confuse this with opening a churches or being a Pastor. NO I just want to be on fire for God, win souls, intercede for others, see visions, heal the sick, etc. I don't mind leaving all my earthly treasures for this.Please advise
1. Are you born-again? What proof do you have that you are - John 3 vs 5 - 8? What was the cross that was given to you when you decided to follow Jesus Christ- Matthew 10 vs 37-38? undecided

Once you are able to confirm that you are born-again, then and only then can you move forward with what is a relationship with God through Jesus Chrit. With proof on place, the only thing you can and should do is live your life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ- God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God - John 8 vs 31 - 37 & John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 7 - 14. That is the one and only way to do what Jesus Christ commands us all to do which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then God's righteousness in order that all these things-- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God --- shall then be added onto you. undecided

Jesus Christ gave His followers almost 100 commandments and teachings, all of which are contained right in His Gospel teachings and it is only by accepting and obeying each and everyone of His teachings that you can have and grow a true relationship with God. undecided
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Nobody: 6:18am On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Are you born-again? What proof do you have that you are - John 3 vs 5 - 8? What was the cross that was given to you when you decided to follow Jesus Christ- Matthew 10 vs 37-38? undecided

Once you are able to confirm that you are born-again, then the only thing you can and should do is live your life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ- God's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of God - John 8 vs 31 - 37 & John 14 vs 15 - 23 & John 15 vs 7 - 14. That is the one and only way to do what Jesus Christ commands us all to do which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness) and then God's righteousness in order that all these things-- the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God --- shall then be added onto you. undecided
You must tell me today whether you are a christian or atheist else I'll be following you everywhere asking the same question. You have confused me too much on this issue. You have very good knowledge of the bible but sometimes your comments would be otherwise

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
■ You must tell me today whether you are a christian or atheist else I'll be following you everywhere asking the same question. You have confused me too much on this issue. You have very good knowledge of the bible but sometimes your comments would be otherwise
1. I am not a Christian. Rather I am a follower of Jesus Christ, the King in the Kingdom of God and King forever over Israel. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Nobody: 6:28am On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am not a Christian. Rather I am a follower of Jesus Christ, the King in the Kingdom of God and King forever over Israel. undecided
You are not a christian but a follower of Jesus Christ, how? What are the followers of Jesus Christ called?
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 6:31am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
You are not a christian but a follower of Jesus Christ, how? What are the followers of Jesus Christ called?
They are just followers of Jesus Christ. undecided

Christians are those who belong to the religion of Christianity, a religion founded on doctrines and traditions of men --- lies-- which Jesus Christ clearly warned His followers to steer clear of in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. God never gave men religion. What He instead did was offer men citizenship in His Nation with a mandate that they each obey His Constitutional Law in order to become righteous citizens in His Kingdom/Country. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Nobody: 6:34am On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Christians are those who belong to the religion of Christianity, a religion founded on doctrines and traditions of men --- lies-- which Jesus Christ clearly warned His followers to steer clear of in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. God never gave men religion. What He instead did was offer men citizenship in His Nation with a mandate that they each obey His Constitutional Law in order to become righteous citizens in His Kingdom/Country. undecided
So, how do you now worship God if He never gave men religion
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On May 06, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
So, how do you now worship God if He never gave men religion
You accept and obey His teachings and commandments same way Noah, Abraham, Enoch and all the others did without having religion or any related idea hanging over their heads. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by jamesversion: 6:36am On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:

You sure say you no be JW?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 6:38am On May 06, 2023
jamesversion:
■ You sure say you no be JW?
1. JWs are actually just another Christian religious denominations much like the sect you belong to. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Zaheertyler(m): 6:40am On May 06, 2023
ecolime:
Hello guys!

Join me as I celebrate a new age today.

It's a Landmark birthday for me and I have long thought of what to do going forward to make life more meaningful.

I have decided to re-dedicate my life to God and make him my all as never before. I don't just want to live life the normal way. I am comfortable in my own little way but I feel like I am just living life based on my personal philosophy and out of God's will and purpose.

I am honestly restless within me. Any advise on how to develop a deeper relationship or intimacy with Christ and command same spiritual power as all the known great men of God?

Please don't confuse this with opening a church or being a Pastor. NO

I just want to be on fire for God, win souls, intercede for others, see visions, heal the sick, etc. I don't mind leaving all my earthly treasures for this.

Please advise
Start by being accountable and disciplined in your thoughts and actions
Gracias
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On May 06, 2023
Zaheertyler:

Start by being accountable and disciplined in your thoughts and actions
Gracias
Without great self discipline and self control, one might as well forget about getting born-again- Luke 14 vs 25 - 33.
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Zaheertyler(m): 7:21am On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Without great self discipline and self control, one might as well forget about getting born-again- Luke 14 vs 25 - 33.

So what is being born again?
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by ecolime(m): 10:58am On May 06, 2023
Thank you guys for the comments
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by delkuf(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:

they are called Christians.
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by delkuf(m): 1:02pm On May 06, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You accept and obey His teachings and commandments same way Noah, Abraham, Enoch and all the others did without having religion or any related idea hanging over their heads. undecided
how did Noah Abraham accept and obey the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Wujio: 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
Pray and worship daily

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
delkuf:
how did Noah Abraham accept and obey the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ
Go read Genesis 6 on the description of the man that is Noah to learn this for yourself. Noah is written to have done that which was right in the sight of God which is He obeyed God's teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: How Do I Become God's Friend? by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Oct 29, 2023
delkuf:
they are called Christians.
That is a lie since Jesus Christ never said such of those who follow Him. undecided

(1) (Reply)

All In All / Gmb's Word For The Day- Speak Words Of Healing / One Good Reason To Hang On (2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.