Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,336 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey (1992 Views)

My Data Analytics Journey / ALX Data Science & Data Analyst Program Whatsapp Group Link / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by covirade: 5:07pm On May 06, 2023
Hello All,

This thread will serve as a journey for me on my quest of becoming a Data Scientist or Data Analytic, which ever comes first.
I applied for the ALX Data science programming and after going through the rigorous process, i am still wondering why iut had to be that hard.

I received a congratulation mails some weeks later. To cut the long story short...

Today was the first Karibu session and i had mine here in Lagos, amidst the heavy downpour. Normally, i would stay at home but i think the hope for a new beginning was to inspiring that i braced the rain.

Did you have your own Karibu today? how was the rain and what do you expect from the program? 15V months is a long time but like i always say...

Time will tell

PS

I created a WhatsApp link for those in ALX Data Science and analyst program, you can join if you are interested, this will help for better cohesive learning :

- Join ALX Data Science Whatsapp Group
- Join ALX Data Analyst Whatsapp Group
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by covirade: 5:09pm On May 06, 2023
I really want to hear from you all. If you are registered in any of the programme below:

- ALX Data Science
- ALX Data analytics

There are others like the software engineering, Salesforce, Cloud computing programme but the 2 above are my main interest.

By the way, the crowd today was immense and it shows that Nigerian youth are really hoping and shopping for a great future.

The programme is a scholarship because the fee alone is too much for an average Nigerian youth.

We move till next week for the Next physical Karibu session which is mandatory too.

Cheers!
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by dawnomike(m): 5:41pm On May 06, 2023
covirade:
Hello All,

This thread will serve as a journey for me on my quest of becoming a Data Scientist or Data Analytic, which ever comes first.
I applied for the ALX Data science programming and after going through the rigorous process, i am still wondering why iut had to be that hard.

I received a congratulation mails some weeks later. To cut the long story short...

Today was the first Karibu session and i had mine here in Lagos, amidst the heavy downpour. Normally, i would stay at home but i think the hope for a new beginning was to inspiring that i braced the rain.

Did you have your own Karibu today? how was the rain and what do you expect from the program? 15V months is a long time but like i always say...

Time will tell
Nice one... I am an alimni of the virtual Assistant program and I also enrolled for Data analytics. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the Karibu today cos of the downpour.

How did it go over there?
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by shegzy0514(m): 9:12pm On May 06, 2023
covirade:
I really want to hear from you all. If you are registered in any of the programme below:

- ALX Data Science
- ALX Data analytics

There are others like the software engineering, Salesforce, Cloud computing programme but the 2 above are my main interest.

By the way, the crowd today was immense and it shows that Nigerian youth are really hoping and shopping for a great future.

The programme is a scholarship because the fee alone is too much for an average Nigerian youth.

We move till next week for the Next physical Karibu session which is mandatory too.

Cheers!
I also applied and passed everything , but I stay in jos so they might drop me.
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by covirade: 9:08am On May 07, 2023
dawnomike:
Nice one... I am an alimni of the virtual Assistant program and I also enrolled for Data analytics. Unfortunately, I couldn't attend the Karibu today cos of the downpour.

How did it go over there?

It eventually went well. People came in irrespective of the heaven downpour.
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by covirade: 9:08am On May 07, 2023
shegzy0514:

I also applied and passed everything , but I stay in jos so they might drop me.

I understand. I think they should have noted that the programme will work better for those in Lagos currently.
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by COZA(m): 1:04am On May 09, 2023
Interesting... I signed up too, but don't stay any where near lagos, hopefully they don't drop me.. really eager to learn.
keep us updated, Thanks
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by covirade: 3:07pm On May 09, 2023
I created a WhatsApp link for those in ALX Data Science and analyst program, you can join if you are interested, this will help for better cohesive learning :

Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by sabbiboi: 4:47pm On May 09, 2023
covirade:

It eventually went well. People came in irrespective of the heaven downpour.

I guess your in-person Karibu meeting was along Agidingbi, Ikeja. The experience there was hectic at first but fun at the end.
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by Enugbe: 1:13pm On May 19, 2023
Hello guys, please where is the location for physical meetings in Lekki. Also must we attend the weekly physical classes. Thank you
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by Freelane33(m): 10:50am On May 25, 2023
I will be contributing my own quota as a certified data scientist. This is a very nice thread . A lot of people are hell bent on cyber security, data scientists are going to be needed so bad in the future
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by fastseo: 11:49am On May 25, 2023
covirade:
Hello All,

Time will tell

PS

data scientist and data analyst are different.

data science is more complex and requires python programming language. while data analytics is just mysql manipulation
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by Coolhaywhy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2023
Hello,

Can you please share your WhatsApp number with me?

I am keen on kickstarting my journey as a Data Analyst and am so lost on the foundational knowledge I need to acquire and the source.

I plan to visit NIIT in Ikeja tomorrow as they seem the only reliable option known to me yet.

I would be glad if you can share your WhatsApp number with me just for chats and I promise not to bother you with calls, except if you won't mind.
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by marksman5404(m): 5:06pm On Nov 30, 2023
Which is best tech skill to acquire in 2023 between data analytics, AWS and Salesforce administrator.
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by Tayorshd87: 6:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=fastseo post=123356651]

data scientist and data analyst are different.

data science is more complex and requires python programming language. while data analytics is just mysql manipulation [/quote
Do you have any course to share in data analysis and scientis
Re: My ALX Data Science & Data Analytics Journey by lakunle1love(m): 9:47pm On Jan 19
Must I stay in Lagos before I can apply for it?

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A Checkbox Required On An Email Form Read More / Why Is No One Talking About Networking Here / I Finally Got A Job. Haters Should Bury Their Heads In Shame.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.