Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

C - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / C (1808 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

C by babyface12: 12:14pm On Sep 25, 2011
c
Re: C by annytee(m): 5:03pm On Sep 25, 2011
DO NOT LIMIT URSELF because OF GRADES, GO FOR WHATEVER JOB U ASPIRE UR TECHNICAL KNOW HOW IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN "GRADES"
Re: C by babyface12: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2011
thanks, cos was previously just having humane doubts and telling myself, wouldn't I be better off spending the money already spent on PGD/ Masters instead?, but I know IT is what I really want.
Re: C by okeyxyz(m): 10:30pm On Sep 25, 2011
i think what u should do is get some good experience in IT projects(especially ambitious ones), it would be easier to engage with professionals\ practitioners and volunteer (without, pay if u can afford it) to assist in projects\contracts. that way u can emphasize these experiences in ur CV with references u can defend(be sure they will ask you abt issues & challenges of ur experience). who knows, u might even let the whole job application thing slide, & go on to setup ur own business.
Re: C by babyface12: 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2011
@okeyxyz, Would love that! cos I know Experience is a really BIG criteria, really wished I could afford it, cos frankly been praying to God I don't want any other job than a tasking one that would place me at the center of where my skills would be required every other second, but really, do u think I'll receive positive responses working into a big organization  from nowhere and asking to work/join as a volunteer? would I be taken seriously??
Re: C by okeyxyz(m): 1:04am On Sep 27, 2011
^^^
I think you can recieve positive response. it's all about presenting yourself well. you are a university graduate, CCNA certified, CCNP [/b]training with [b]APTECH, these are all reputable selling points. you can write an application\proposal for an IT internship project, highlight what they can gain from you & what you hope to gain from them & that payment is not your primary motivation but the field experience(i know the money issue is tough, but it can help open doors for you. i really wish it goes well for u). it would also help to include reputable persons as your referees, recommending that you are trustworthy. at least small\medium businesses would likely respond favorably to this proposal, and they do get the contracts with bigger businesses requiring IT services.
Re: C by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2011
okeyxyz:

^^^
I think you can recieve positive response. it's all about presenting yourself well. you are a university graduate, CCNA certified, CCNP [/b]training with [b]APTECH, these are all reputable selling points. you can write an application\proposal for an IT internship project, highlight what they can gain from you & what you hope to gain from them & that payment is not your primary motivation but the field experience(i know the money issue is tough, but it can help open doors for you. i really wish it goes well for u). it would also help to include reputable persons as your referees, recommending that you are trustworthy. at least small\medium businesses would likely respond favorably to this proposal, and they do get the contracts with bigger businesses requiring IT services.   

Could not have said it better - you are so right
Re: C by babyface12: 8:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
@okeyxyz  Makes total sense, thank the lord for the internet/ Naira land, really, two heads are better than one, wouldn't have thought of viewing it from your point of view, even in a billion years, would work on this and in time let u know how it goes, thank u

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Adverts - Advertising Or Cost / In Need Of A Proffesional To Design Software For Supermarket / Please How Do I Install Nulled Xenforo Script On My Hosting Server?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.