Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,266 members, 7,853,314 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. (1741 Views)

Angry Mother Shows Up In Her Nightgown At A Club And Drags Her Daughter Home / Edo Schoolgirls In Trouble After Matching With 'Dorime' (Video) / Covenant Uni- Beneath The Best In W.africa Rankings - Oppression, Bribes, Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by aboyaji(m): 5:21pm On May 07, 2023
I have come across threads highlighting different youthful financial exuberances. It's no longer news in today's Nigeria that one has a very high chance of being oppressed by people's flashy lifestyles.

Many of those lifestyles could be;

1. Flashy and expensive cars.

2. Dorime - Uncontrollably Spending much money in the clubhouse and with the company of so many hungry and sultry looking Ladies.

Etc.

I'll tell you my story and how I live my life.

I'm already old enough to have control over my Life. So, nothing freaks me anymore. This comes with maturity.

So, one fateful day, I landed in portharcourt and I got picked up by my relative. Later in the night, we went to a club somewhere in the town. I knew I wasn't going to spend a dime because I don't club. I could visit a club maybe, once in 7 to 10 years.

On reaching there, a lot of guys with their usual DOINGS have already started the normal things. We went in, joined the group as it was a well arranged activity that had all guys meet up together without the inclusion of a stranger.

Hennessy bottles were flying around as they had decided to buy Hennessy drinks ONLY. But we later added other brands like four cousins and co. So the target was 10 bottles of Hennessy and each of it went as high as 35k in the clubhouse.

In my mind, I knew I can't afford to buy such drink at the time because normally, I'm not used to such gathering. I have organised a lot of meetings (business meetings) and not just a drinking contest. Mind you, I'm not against what happened that night, but to teach whoever wants to learn selfcontrol.

The consumed Hennessy bottles had gone up to 10 which were stacked up like a tower on the glass table with chants and moves to top it up more with at least 2 more bottles making it 12 Hennessy bottles.

35,000 multiplied by 12 bottles is #420,000.

That my relative paid for 2 bottles and so many guys did same too while the Dorime lasted.

The activity lasted till Dawn maybe by 4am or so. And the Total bill amounted around 800k.

So, it got to the usual money spraying level. For those who knew how guys throw money in the club. Wads of mints were flying up and down. This one is not the usual pieces, but wraps in bundles. Ladies were just there picking money up and down while guys sprayed them. I made sure I enjoyed myself but wasn't perturbed by their show of frivolousness.

One thing was certain. I knew I wouldn't turn a blind eye on those wads of money. I was dancing with a very pretty lady when an unwrapped wad of money found its way to my palm. Guys, I gum am . I gum am close eyes. When the dark background came on, I bent over and picked the ones I could and pocketed them. cool I get no shame in that, Bro . The random babe I was dancing with was busy picking hers. She didn't try to judge me. No, dey there dey look for whom to judge. No pick your own.

Fast forward to when we went to a service apartment that early morning, slept and woke by 8am. On our way home, the same relative that was doing Dorime started asking me for transport fare back home.

I can't be oppressed. My esteem is too high for such. Use your sense.

8 Likes

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by illicit(m): 5:27pm On May 07, 2023
Ok now
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by aboyaji(m): 5:50pm On May 07, 2023
It's people with very low self-esteem that quickly term every little thing they see as oppression.

The things you see guys do here like riding a flashy car , picking up woman and spending on her and living high is already existing in some other countries as a normal way of Life. Your unexposed life has submerged your thinking to believe you can't rise up to a better life and so, you have reduced your mindset to a background.

GLK that a boy in Nigeria bought for 8m is worth like 3m Naira in Germany.

2013 Ml 350 Benz that's worth 15m and is owned by your former schoolmate in Lagos or Port Harcourt is worth around 5-7m in the USA and all those cars are driven by people there without breaking the Bank. Instead of overthinking your life around Dorime and being oppressed, why not think for a way outside the shores of Africa?

16 Likes

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by anthonyuncle(m): 5:59pm On May 07, 2023
everyone with his/ her own choice of life

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Cassandraloius: 6:59pm On May 07, 2023
If we can only learn from these billionaires who have much but living on a low.

2 Likes

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by ruggedtimi(m): 7:59pm On May 07, 2023
When you do dorime for club na three sets of people u dey attract inside club..
No1 Runs gals ( they will know what to bill you)

No2 Kidnappers

No3. SARS ( no news that sars regularly sends their guys to spy in clubs to give update on the happening guys in town that they can apprehend).

I have never for once felt oppressed inside the club..

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by aboyaji(m): 8:48pm On May 07, 2023
ruggedtimi:
When you do dorime for club na three sets of people u dey attract inside club..
No1 Runs gals ( they will know what to bill you)

No2 Kidnappers

No3. SARS ( no news that sars regularly sends their guys to spy in clubs to give update on the happening guys in town that they can apprehend).

I have never for once felt oppressed in the ckub

You Sabi something.

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by StonedSaint: 9:03pm On May 07, 2023
Low self esteem been wrecking lives since 1960 lol..

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Juliearth(f): 12:53am On May 08, 2023
I can emphatically tell you that people who work hard for their money hardly ever spend it this way. Since you are not a fan of such gathering, I would suggest that you steer off completely. Apart from the fact that you could pick up familiar spirits from there, you can never tell when you would be completely influenced. Remember you didn't join them in this madness because you said you cannot afford to. What if you can?

4 Likes

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Pennywise2: 7:21am On May 08, 2023
Nice try bro
But u see that money, u can't escape. Everything is spiritual. The. Money is ur connection to the place. You will find it there and this time it's dollars they will use . That's the catch.

Freedom comes with a price. I can't risk their money either. Bad money. Ain't worth it
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2023
Everyman with his poisons I know.
Dorime no bad,dorime is bad, we've all got that thing that drains our money.

Na we be your best plug for everything Sexual enhancement tho
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by aboyaji(m): 11:04am On May 08, 2023
Juliearth:
I can emphatically tell you that people who work hard for their money hardly ever spend it this way. Since you are not a fan of such gathering, I would suggest that you steer off completely. Apart from the fact that you could pick up familiar spirits from there, you can never tell when you would be completely influenced. Remember you didn't join them in this madness because you said you cannot afford to. What if you can?

Afford in this context means, not able to partake in the unconscious spending. That's why I said I had the self control.
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Saviour07: 11:06am On May 08, 2023
please and please which club wey u buy hennesy for 35k, because me am not understanding oh
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by RaySimran: 11:56am On May 08, 2023
Saviour07:
please and please which club wey u buy hennesy for 35k, because me am not understanding oh

Might be the VS brand, but going by how Nigerian clubs inflate price anyhow, it should be more than that.
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Iamicekid(m): 12:09pm On May 08, 2023
As a man once u start feeling intimidated by ur fellow man, hate will start to creep in, u start wishing u deserve it more than he does just know Na that day ur life begin spoil.... Don’t ever feel intimidated by no one, feel motivated, feel energized then work and pray for yours but most importantly WORK

2 Likes

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by jesmond3945: 12:24pm On May 08, 2023
aboyaji:
It's people with very low self-esteem that quickly term every little thing they see as oppression.

The things you see guys do here like riding a flashy car , picking up woman and spending on her and living high is already existing in some other countries as a normal way of Life. Your unexposed life has submerged your thinking to believe you can't rise up to a better life and so, you have reduced your mindset to a background.

GLK that a boy in Nigeria bought for 8m is worth like 3m Naira in Germany.

2013 Ml 350 Benz that's worth 15m and is owned by your former schoolmate in Lagos or Port Harcourt is worth around 5-7m in the USA and all those cars are driven by people there without breaking the Bank. Instead of overthinking your life around Dorime and being oppressed, why not think for a way outside the shores of Africa?
good post. Liked.

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by tofolo(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2023
aboyaji:
I have come across threads highlighting different youthful financial exuberances. It's no longer news in today's Nigeria that one has a very high chance of being oppressed by people's flashy lifestyles.

2. Dorime - Uncontrollably Spending much money in the clubhouse and with the company of so many hungry and sultry looking Ladies.

Etc.

I'm already old enough to have control over my Life. So, nothing freaks me anymore. This comes with maturity.

So, one fateful day, I landed in portharcourt and I got picked up by my relative. Later in the night, we went to a club somewhere in the town. I knew I wasn't going to spend a dime because I don't club. I could visit a club maybe, once in 7 to 10 years.

On reaching there, a lot of guys with their usual DOINGS have already started the normal things. We went in, joined the group as it was a well arranged activity that had all guys meet up together without the inclusion of a stranger.

Hennessy bottles were flying around as they had decided to buy Hennessy drinks ONLY. But we later added other brands like four cousins and co. So the target was 10 bottles of Hennessy and each of it went as high as 35k in the clubhouse.

In my mind, I knew I can't afford to buy such drink at the time because normally, I'm not used to such gathering. I have organised a lot of meetings (business meetings) and not just a drinking contest. Mind you, I'm not against what happened that night, but to teach whoever wants to learn selfcontrol.

The consumed Hennessy bottles had gone up to 10 which were stacked up like a tower on the glass table with chants and moves to top it up more with at least 2 more bottles making it 12 Hennessy bottles.

That my relative paid for 2 bottles and so many guys did same too while the Dorime lasted.

The activity lasted till Dawn maybe by 4am or so. And the Total bill amounted around 800k.

So, it got to the usual money spraying level. For those who knew how guys throw money in the club. Wads of mints were flying up and down. This one is not the usual pieces, but wraps in bundles. Ladies were just there picking money up and down while guys sprayed them. I made sure I enjoyed myself but wasn't perturbed by their show of frivolousness.

One thing was certain. I knew I wouldn't turn a blind eye on those wads of money. I was dancing with a very pretty lady when an unwrapped wad of money found its way to my palm. Guys, I gum am . I gum am close eyes. When the dark background came on, I bent over and picked the ones I could and pocketed them. cool I get no shame in that, Bro . The random babe I was dancing with was busy picking hers. She didn't try to judge me. No, dey there dey look for whom to judge. No pick your own.

Fast forward to when we went to a service apartment that early morning, slept and woke by 8am. On our way home, the same relative that was doing Dorime started asking me for transport fare back home.

This only happens when you have Contentment.... Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by bukatyne(f): 1:26pm On May 08, 2023
This one leg out - one leg in you are advocating for doesn't work.

If you are not into that lifestyle, steer clear from them.

Like a poster said, all these things are spiritual and there is no free meal in Freetown.

May we not lose our destiny for peanuts.

1 Like

Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by aboyaji(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2023
bukatyne:
This one leg out - one leg in you are advocating for doesn't work.

If you are not into that lifestyle, steer clear from them.

Like a poster said, all these things are spiritual and there is no free meal in Freetown.

May we not lose our destiny for peanuts.

I do not think you followed the post well. I said it's something I did just once and that's it. That experience up there was from last year. I haven't been to any club in 7 years or more. Read the post well.
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by Ayojideonline(m): 8:56pm On May 08, 2023
aboyaji:

Etc.

Very well. You are correct. All these described here are things seen regularly in the course of work, especially on weekends. Use your sense is very much in line.
Re: How I Defeat The Power Of Oppression (dorime) In The Club And Anywhere. by aboyaji(m): 8:21am On May 11, 2023
Ayojideonline:

Very well. You are correct. All these described here are things seen regularly in the course of work, especially on weekends. Use your sense is very much in line.

Absolutely

(1) (Reply)

Statistics Showing Most Hard Working Students According To Geo Political Zone / Neco Result Pending / Tuition Free Schools In Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.