Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,808 members, 7,851,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:10 AM

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m (661 Views)

64-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Stabbed To Death By Her Son In London / Nigerian Romance Scammer Arrested In India For Duping Indian Woman Of N9.5m / Elephant Kills Indian Woman And Returns To Her Funeral To Attack Her Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Airlord2030: 12:45pm On May 08, 2023
A Nigerian man has been arrested in India for allegedly duping a lonely 64-year-old woman of Rs 8 lakh.

According to the Times of India, the woman from Parnasree, who started spending hours on Facebook during the pandemic, ended up walking into a trap set by the Nigerian national, working with an Indian fraudster.

The woman approached police in April and the accused, identified as Young Emeka, was finally arrested on Saturday, May 6, 2023, from the outskirts of Delhi.

The detective department and Delhi Police crime branch had to storm a neighbourhood in Chander Vihar in the dark to arrest the accused as the cops were initially stopped by residents.

According to DC (cyber) Atul V, Emeka, posing as a British man, named Eric James, struck up a friendship with the woman on the online platform.

As they ostensibly grew close, Emeka reportedly offered to send the woman a gift, which he claimed, consisted of foreign currency.

Shortly, he reportedly told her the Customs had seized it as a "duty" of Rs 7.9 lakh had not been paid. The woman was reportedly convinced to pay the pending "Customs duty" and within a week, she lost all her savings, police said. Once the money was gone, the accused cut off all ties with her.

"Among the accounts, where the money had gone, two were found to be private banks, one of them in Mizoram. A part of the amount was credited to a Mizoram woman's account at a bank branch at Hnahthial in Mizoram. The phone number linked was someone else's, as was common in the modus operandi of Nigerian fraudsters, police said.

"Based on the IMEI (device) search of the number, we traced Emeka to near Jiya Memorial Public School in Chander Vihar," said Atul V. The said phone has been seized. "Emeka was produced at Tis Hazari court in Delhi on Saturday, from where we are securing his transit custody," said Atul.

"Police are finding out if Emeka was part of cyber gangs in Delhi. These gangs have duped hundreds of women, not just in India but also in Portugal, Sweden and the Netherlands," said an officer.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/nigerian-man-arrested-for-allegedly-duping-lonely-64-year-old-indian-woman-after-befriending-her-on-facebook-2.html

Seun
nlfpmod
Mynd44

take to fp

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by LeoDeKing: 1:02pm On May 08, 2023
If I check the name now, obedients no go allow my mention rest for the next one month. Dem go say I dey insult dem, then the moderator go ban me for "tribal slur".

So the best is to stop checking names and continue blaming Tinubu for everything, that way, obedient will be very happy.

Therefore, let's join hand and blame Tinubu, even though we are lying to ourselves. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by MatrixReloaded: 1:03pm On May 08, 2023
I wonder how this guys get caught after duping someone, well na him palava. You are doing local job and you think you won't be vulnerable. Ikegwuru some nigas maka chi.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by LeoDeKing: 1:10pm On May 08, 2023
grin
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Tingotoe: 2:37pm On May 08, 2023
Airlord2030:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/5/nigerian-man-arrested-for-allegedly-duping-lonely-64-year-old-indian-woman-after-befriending-her-on-facebook-2.html

Seun
nlfpmod
Mynd44

take to fp
Not a single week goes by without us getting bad news about these miscreants giving us a bad name in a shithole such as India. Also why is it that 10/10 times it's people from one particular ethnic group? What's wrong with you guys? angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Airlord2030: 3:12pm On May 08, 2023
Afghaneastterns again
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Airlord2030: 3:14pm On May 08, 2023
LeoDeKing:
grin
mods don't want to move the thread to fp undecided
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by tungamaje: 6:02pm On May 08, 2023
Young Emeka? That's a fake Igbo name. My mind is telling me other tribes are also indulging in these crimes in India using Igbo names.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Ibaaboy(m): 6:05pm On May 08, 2023
He must be an igbo man
Igbo amaka
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Ibaaboy(m): 6:06pm On May 08, 2023
LeoDeKing:
If I check the name now, obedients no go allow my mention rest for the next one month. Dem go say I dey insult dem, then the moderator go ban me for "tribal slur".

So the best is to stop checking names and continue blaming Tinubu for everything, that way, obedient will be very happy.

Therefore, let's join hand and blame Tinubu, even though we are lying to ourselves. grin

wetin u take
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Ibaaboy(m): 6:08pm On May 08, 2023
Airlord2030:
Afghaneastterns again
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by wrongman665(m): 12:43pm On May 09, 2023
Na themgrin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by kingthreat(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2023
Seems like 70% of Nigerians in India who aren't enrolled in universities are actually into crime. It is just a matter of time before they get caught.
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Karlovych: 1:58pm On May 09, 2023
Igbos again!
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by ahiboilandgas: 5:31pm On May 09, 2023
Re: Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping 64-year-old Indian Woman Of N4.5m by Helgreenluv(m): 1:25am On May 10, 2023
Baddestqueen and finestgurlie come and see ya brother. Ndi developers. Ndewoo

(1) (Reply)

I Was SCAMMED! Can I Get Reversal? / Boko Haram Sect Not A Terrorist Organisation — Expert / 10 Fulani Robbers Arrested In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.