Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,513 members, 7,854,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator (858 Views)

How Do You Manage Energy Consumption At Home? / Men Please Try And Reduce Your Stress And Live.. Real Life Lesson / Why Do Most Nigerians Like To Reduce Their Ages? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator by Openair: 11:07pm On May 08, 2023
Good day people. Please, I need expertise on how to reduce fuel consumption in a tiger generator ( I beta pass my neighbor). Thanks🙏🏼
Re: Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator by garriAndsugar: 11:10pm On May 08, 2023
you want 1litre to last 10hrs?

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator by Hamachi(f): 6:15am On May 09, 2023
grin
garriAndsugar:
you want 1litre to last 10hrs?
Re: Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator by Hamachi(f): 6:18am On May 09, 2023
Openair:
Good day people. Please, I need expertise on how to reduce fuel consumption in a tiger generator ( I beta pass my neighbor). Thanks🙏🏼
Turning the fuel tap of a generator halfway reduce the rate at which fuel is being consumed which most Nigerians do

The fuel is the source of the energy. You can't hope to reduce that without reducing the output. That would be preposterous.

Any prime mover suffering from fuel starvation will slow down; and thus lose it's ability to supply the torque that is keeping the generator in the forward quadrant of the power diagram, reversing power flow. Far from generating the same amount of power it would start to consume power.

In fact, halving the fuel supply will likely stall the prime mover completely, as the retardation of the generator load will so far exceed the available power that the speed will go outside the power range. Even if the reverse power detector trips the generator off the bus then half fuel may not be enough to keep it working.

The fundamental method of speed control, that keeps the generator generating rather than motoring is the micro fine adjustment of fuel supply. The tweaking of output that guarantees load sharing is the microfine djustment of fuel supply. You throttle that, and the whole control system fails.
Re: Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator by garriAndsugar: 6:54am On May 09, 2023
Hamachi:
Turning the fuel tap of a generator halfway reduce the rate at which fuel is being consumed which most Nigerians do

The fuel is the source of the energy. You can't hope to reduce that without reducing the output. That would be preposterous.

Any prime mover suffering from fuel starvation will slow down; and thus lose it's ability to supply the torque that is keeping the generator in the forward quadrant of the power diagram, reversing power flow. Far from generating the same amount of power it would start to consume power.

In fact, halving the fuel supply will likely stall the prime mover completely, as the retardation of the generator load will so far exceed the available power that the speed will go outside the power range. Even if the reverse power detector trips the generator off the bus then half fuel may not be enough to keep it working.

The fundamental method of speed control, that keeps the generator generating rather than motoring is the micro fine adjustment of fuel supply. The tweaking of output that guarantees load sharing is the microfine djustment of fuel supply. You throttle that, and the whole control system fails.
Wow

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Reduce Fuel Consumption In A Generator by MasterJayJay: 9:02am On May 09, 2023
The small tiger gen is already built to save fuel. You should be asking how to power your generator without fuel.

Anyway, you can adjust the output. But make sure you are using less load.

(1) (Reply)

How Does Empower Life Works Is It A Scam? / Help Me With Good Solution To This And Get 75k Reward / Good Children, Bad Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.