Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,103 members, 7,845,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? (2140 Views)

6 Months Old Seberian Husky Urgently For Sale / How Can I Train My Two Month Old Puppy To Go Outside To Urinate And Deficate / This My Three Months Old Caucasian, It Plays Alot How Do I Train It To Be More A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 12:26pm On May 10, 2023
So I got this baby husky personally as a guard dog, I use to have German Shepards, Caucasian in the past. Now back to train another gaurd dog but am confused cos when I went to pick up this pup, the mother won't even bark at us. I asked why is the mother not barking at all, owner said husky don't bark anyhow, how true is that ? Pls anyone with husky cos I'm going to resell the pup if truly husky don't bark.

I want a dog that barks to alert and as a guard dog.
This one is not even playing with me, though he's only 6weeks older.
Any good feeding tips, cos he's also not eating well

Modified: if you love husky and want to buy, kindly quote me am reselling

He’s male
Blue eyes
Pure breed with parents document
Serial no tattoo on parent

Asking price is 380k last

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by verminnel(f): 12:53pm On May 10, 2023
Huskys dont bark..you will likely be irritated by the howling noises

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 1:30pm On May 10, 2023
verminnel:

I don enter one chance

6 Likes

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Mekudo: 2:01pm On May 10, 2023
Husky are kept as pet
They don't bark

3 Likes

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by verminnel(f): 3:37pm On May 10, 2023
Xwizard:

I don enter one chance
you can say that again... For the while the dog has been with u have u heard it barking ? Or making wolf noises

4 Likes

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 4:04pm On May 10, 2023
verminnel:
you can say that again... For the while the dog has been with u have u heard it barking ? Or making wolf noises
I said the pup is barely 7weeks
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by CzarBillion: 5:56pm On May 10, 2023
Every dog barks. Only that some have the tendency to bark more. As a guard dog you have to make sure you don't over socialize it and restrict it to a very small territory that it feels it's his. Training is what you need to do. When I say training, I mean it should be able to sit on command, lie down on command, attack on command. With that you are good
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by StonedSaint: 7:51pm On May 10, 2023
I think YouTube should provide some insightful tips on how to train different dog breeds

as long as it's not a Chihuahua or Eskimo then you're good to go lol...
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 7:52pm On May 10, 2023
CzarBillion:
Every dog barks. Only that some have the tendency to bark more. As a guard dog you have to make sure you don't over socialize it and restrict it to a very small territory that it feels it's his. Training is what you need to do. When I say training, I mean it should be able to sit on command, lie down on command, attack on command. With that you are good
I’ve once own different breeds well trained but this husky, every one is saying they similar to a pet dog
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by CzarBillion: 6:57am On May 11, 2023
Xwizard:

I’ve once own different breeds well trained but this husky, every one is saying they similar to a pet dog
Yeah you are right. The husky is more of a pet dog. They are too friendly to be guard dogs.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Sikechukwu81(m): 7:57am On May 11, 2023
Xwizard:
So I got this baby husky personally as a guard dog, I use to have German Shepards, Caucasian in the past. Now back to train another gaurd dog but am confused cos when I went to pick up this pup, the mother won't even bark at us. I asked why is the mother not barking at all, owner said husky don't bark anyhow, how true is that ? Pls anyone with husky cos I'm going to resell the pup if truly husky don't bark.

He’s male
Blue eyes

That animal is vexing shaa ! With that face, it must bark and front sef..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 8:21am On May 11, 2023
pls am reselling whoever is interested should contact me
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Walekennel: 1:13pm On May 11, 2023
Husky aint protection or guard dogs
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by wallace18(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2023
Xwizard:
pls am reselling whoever is interested should contact me
Pls do you want to swap for a doberman pinscher. I love to have a husky. I have 5 fresh doberman puppies for sale if you want to swap I don't mind okay.
For others I have for sale if you're interested in having a great security dog. Doberman pinscher is what you need immediately.

1 Like

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Maxitomxane(m): 5:40pm On May 15, 2023
Xwizard:

He’s male
Blue eyes

After judging the mother's temperament, you should have known the pup has a 50% probability of behaving like the mother.
Huskies don't bark except the need arises.
Unlike some noisy German shepherds. angry

1 Like

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 11:33am On May 17, 2023
wallace18:

Pls do you want to swap for a doberman pinscher. I love to have a husky. I have 5 fresh doberman puppies for sale if you want to swap I don't mind okay.
For others I have for sale if you're interested in having a great security dog. Doberman pinscher is what you need immediately.
No am reselling for a Gsd
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by bassdow: 9:17pm On May 29, 2023
Xwizard:

I said the pup is barely 7weeks

why was such puppy seperated from it's mom at such tender age. e no dey good Oooo
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by bassdow: 9:17pm On May 29, 2023
Xwizard:

No am reselling for a Gsd
Replacing this quiet one for an absolute noise maker

1 Like

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by bassdow: 9:21pm On May 29, 2023
Xwizard:

more like a bigger version of some toys called dogs e.g eskimo , samoyed , lhasa, etc
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Waffarianman(m): 3:24am On May 30, 2023
bassdow:
Replacing this quiet one for an absolute noise maker

Una no go kee me with laugh 😂 here.
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by macho44(m): 10:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
wallace18:

Still available?

1 Like

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by wallace18(m): 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
macho44:

Still available?
yes call me on 08177163777 08109343654

1 Like

Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by wallace18(m): 2:00am On Jun 22, 2023
Yes
macho44:

Still available?
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by lilsamzy(m): 12:37am On Jun 27, 2023
verminnel:

Depends on the dog ,mine is almost 8wks and to my surprise it barks seriously and very aggressive.. although I didn't get it as a guard dog but it shows traits
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by Xwizard: 6:46am On Jun 27, 2023
lilsamzy:

Depends on the dog ,mine is almost 8wks and to my surprise it barks seriously and very aggressive.. although I didn't get it as a guard dog but it shows traits

Wooooa! Mine is also about 12weeks older now, my Lhasa don influence him to bark now, and even bark louder and thicker for that age. It makes me wonder those who concluded Huskies don’t bark.
Re: Can I Train This Baby Seberian Husky As Gurad Dog? by sylve11: 12:26pm On Aug 30, 2023
Xwizard:

I don enter one chance

grin cool

(1) (Reply)

Superb CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD Pups For Sale / Big Bone Male And Female Caucasian Pup For Sale / Cute Chowchow Pups For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.