Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? (53431 Views)

Families In Africa Act As If They Own You When You Make Money- Mikel Obi Laments / What Mistakes Did You Make And You Don't Want Your Children To Make? / If Your Brother Is Still Generous To Your Family After Marriage, Thank His Wife’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 11:11pm On May 13, 2023
mariahAngel:

Dearest Sukkot, cheesy

I have some questions for you:
Why do you feel you have the right to (help) be kind to others, but when they try to return the kindness, you deny them that opportunity?

Also, why do you think of someone trying to help you of their own freewill as you "using" them?
Do you forbid help?
If so, why then do you help people?
If not, why do you not allow them help you?
(Do you know that it makes some people uncomfortable accepting help they need, without giving something back?)

Don't you think you're taking advantage of (by helping) them, since you seem to know things that those you help don't know?
Have you thought about that?

It's almost like someone doing saraa , but the people receiving the saraa don't know that there's a reason behind the saraa .

I await the answers to the above questions. 😌
Mariah these are all solid questions . And I appreciate solid well thought out questions. Now obviously I am going to answer this in many parts so as not to write a long novel lol. I believe the first part of the response , I would quote the response I gave armyofone . Basically the gist of that response is that I do not accept unsolicited help from people lower than me on the foodchain . I will try to insert that post here

hell yeah you are right on the money lmao. Unsolicited help is an emotional trap that someone is setting for you . Once you step into that trap you have to pay up one way or the other. If you refuse to pay up , you have created an enemy unknowingly and you better hope the person is somewhat civilised or has boundaries or else your life may be in danger. So I try not to fall into these emotional traps that people throw your way. This is spiritual wisdom as well as one of the laws of power. Never ever get indebted to people lower than you on the food chain . If you are going to accept help make sure it's from someone way higher than you on the foodchain because you know they don't want anything from you. Anyone lower on the foodchain ? We are transacting , I don't need your help. I need my car washed, how much should I give you to do it for me ? You collect your money and wash the car and we are even. No emotional guilt ties, strictly transactions. If your job is a security man, that job description does not include washing my car so don't attempt to put me in an emotional guilt trap by unsolicitedly washing my car. I don't fall for such cheap tricks. We are keeping it strictly professional and we transact if I need you to do other things . No free services in this world oooo , do not be deceived. All the favors they are doing for you they are clocking it in their head and watching you to see if you will reciprocate. And so I don't have time for these games. Anyway that explains why I do what I do. I don't accept unsolicited help from people lower than me on the foodchain cuz it's not genuine help. It's a trap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 11:29pm On May 13, 2023
mariahAngel:

Dearest Sukkot, cheesy

Why do you feel you have the right to (help) be kind to others, but when they try to return the kindness, you deny them that opportunity?

Also, why do you think of someone trying to help you of their own freewill as you "using" them?
Do you forbid help?
(Do you know that it makes some people uncomfortable accepting help they need, without giving something back?)

Don't you think you're taking advantage of (by helping) them, since you seem to know things that those you help don't know?

It's almost like someone doing saraa , but the people receiving the saraa don't know that there's a reason behind the saraa .

and why do I deny people the opportunity to be kind to me ? I don't but you have to be in three of these categories before I can accept your kindness, if not I would advice you to go give it as charity to someone else . The three categories are

1- my family members
2- someone who has lived abroad for many years and has allowed civilisation to take root in them. Like I can assess you and see you are a wise and civilised and intelligent cosmopolitan and a very good kind person.
3- someone higher than me on the foodchain

I would gladly accept help from these three categories. Anybody else ? I would advise you to bless somebody else with whatever help you want to bless me with grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 11:50pm On May 13, 2023
mariahAngel:

Dearest Sukkot, cheesy

Do you forbid help?

so why do I consider people helping me as me using them ? Well unless they are higher than me on the social ladder, are they genuinely helping me ? It's all a game of trap and me I don't have time for those types of games. The human Heart can be devious. I approach every stranger with a healthy dose of caution

Why do I help people ? I am creating a better afterlife for myself by helping not because I particularly care for the people I help because I strongly believe and know that whatever condition you find yourself in is of your own doing from this or past life. No coincidences. You are pAying for your karma . So it's not like I particularly care for these people but I pity the situation they have created for themselves and yes I use their situation to get myself good karma by helping a little . You can call it selfish or self serving but I see it as building good karma and yes it is a form of Sara and you can say I am taking advantage of them but we are mutually benefitting from the situation. It's a win win . Nobody loses. But I have to see the genuine smile on your face after offering the help and I have to admit it gives me satisfaction seeing them eat the food especially all those little cute Hausa children you see on the road in the hot sun running after cars . grin life is tough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by DonroxyII: 9:35am On May 14, 2023
sukkot:
grin cheesy
Na you spoil am .. Many People Hve entitlement Mentality !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by DonroxyII: 9:45am On May 14, 2023
Skyview01:

I used to work in a bank and at month ends, accounts and transaction fees are charged. We have an instruction to reverse fees ONLY if the customers asked for it. Most rich people will 100% of the time ask for a reversal of the smallest amount and lots of the poor people never ask for their money back.

I have seen up to $180 reversible charges in transaction fees in a poor person's account and could have been reversed if they had asked for it but, guess what, they are either too proud, shy or ignorant to ask.

The distinction between being rich and poor goes deep into mentality and build up of individuals.

If you give 20million dollars each to all the young people today aged 20 years, in 25 years, the rich will still be rich and the poor would have squandered the 20 million dollars and still remain poor.

I give to people that are really in need; the motherless babies home, orphanage homes and the likes of that.
The Difference Between Poverty & Richness is "Mindsets, Mentality & Maturities"

The Difference Between Mindsets, Mentality & Maturities is Simply "Intentions" !

To Become Whatever You Wanna Become:
"Intentions, Mindsets, Mentality & Maturities Must All Work in Sync .. !

The Area of Lacuna is Your Weaknesses!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by juman(m): 2:49pm On May 14, 2023
I would say about 19 years old.

Thats a baby boy.
He behaved accordingly.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by mariahAngel(f): 3:00pm On May 14, 2023
sukkot:
Mariah these are all solid questions . And I appreciate solid well thought out questions. Now obviously I am going to answer this in many parts so as not to write a long novel lol. I believe the first part of the response , I would quote the response I gave armyofone . Basically the gist of that response is that I do not accept unsolicited help from people lower than me on the foodchain . I will try to insert that post here

hell yeah you are right on the money lmao. Unsolicited help is an emotional trap that someone is setting for you . Once you step into that trap you have to pay up one way or the other. If you refuse to pay up , you have created an enemy unknowingly and you better hope the person is somewhat civilised or has boundaries or else your life may be in danger. So I try not to fall into these emotional traps that people throw your way. This is spiritual wisdom as well as one of the laws of power. Never ever get indebted to people lower than you on the food chain . If you are going to accept help make sure it's from someone way higher than you on the foodchain because you know they don't want anything from you. Anyone lower on the foodchain ? We are transacting , I don't need your help. I need my car washed, how much should I give you to do it for me ? You collect your money and wash the car and we are even. No emotional guilt ties, strictly transactions. If your job is a security man, that job description does not include washing my car so don't attempt to put me in an emotional guilt trap by unsolicitedly washing my car. I don't fall for such cheap tricks. We are keeping it strictly professional and we transact if I need you to do other things . No free services in this world oooo , do not be deceived. All the favors they are doing for you they are clocking it in their head and watching you to see if you will reciprocate. And so I don't have time for these games. Anyway that explains why I do what I do. I don't accept unsolicited help from people lower than me on the foodchain cuz it's not genuine help. It's a trap

If you don't accept unsolicited help, then why do you give it?
Do you feel you have the right to?

If you can't accept unsolicited help, then maybe you shouldn't give unsolicited help.

You do now realize that giving continuous unsolicited help ruins gratitude, don't you?

Continuous giving of unsolicited help could also be a "trap" in some way - like a commitment you have to keep up without complaining.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by mariahAngel(f): 3:03pm On May 14, 2023
sukkot:
and why do I deny people the opportunity to be kind to me ? I don't but you have to be in three of these categories before I can accept your kindness, if not I would advice you to go give it as charity to someone else . The three categories are

1- my family members
2- someone who has lived abroad for many years and has allowed civilisation to take root in them. Like I can assess you and see you are a wise and civilised and intelligent cosmopolitan and a very good kind person.
3- someone higher than me on the foodchain

I would gladly accept help from these three categories. Anybody else ? I would advise you to bless somebody else with whatever help you want to bless me with grin

The way I look at life; if you can't accept something from me, don't give me anything.
That is why I'm hardly impressed by what people possess.

A man's life should not be measured by the things he possess.
Anybody can help anybody in any way.
Talking someone out of depression/suicide is also help, you know?
Referring someone to some information that can save their life is help too.

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by mariahAngel(f): 3:06pm On May 14, 2023
sukkot:
so why do I consider people helping me as me using them ? Well unless they are higher than me on the social ladder, are they genuinely helping me ? It's all a game of trap and me I don't have time for those types of games. The human Heart can be devious. I approach every stranger with a healthy dose of caution

Why do I help people ? I am creating a better afterlife for myself by helping not because I particularly care for the people I help because I strongly believe and know that whatever condition you find yourself in is of your own doing from this or past life. No coincidences. You are pAying for your karma . So it's not like I particularly care for these people but I pity the situation they have created for themselves and yes I use their situation to get myself good karma by helping a little . You can call it selfish or self serving but I see it as building good karma and yes it is a form of Sara and you can say I am taking advantage of them but we are mutually benefitting from the situation. It's a win win . Nobody loses. But I have to see the genuine smile on your face after offering the help and I have to admit it gives me satisfaction seeing them eat the food especially all those little cute Hausa children you see on the road in the hot sun running after cars . grin life is tough

You also, are you genuinely helping them, especially if they didn't ask for your help? I think not. cheesy

Also, I think the need has to be genuine and asked for, for the help given to account to you.

Alas! What you're doing is saraa. cheesy
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by armyofone(m): 6:39pm On May 14, 2023
Nigerians world wide - when they can't get something from you, you become their enemy.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by mariahAngel(f): 7:00pm On May 14, 2023
armyofone:
Nigerians world wide - when they can't get something from you, you become their enemy.

That's not true, Iya mi.
Majority of Nigerians are good, selfless and generous people.
When Nigerians support, they go all out.
There have been several instances that have made me so proud to identify as a Nigerian.

Take for example our Hilda that is about to break the world record; the love and support for her by Nigerians have been so overwhelming.
Nigerians are good people.
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by armyofone(m): 5:13am On May 15, 2023
mariahAngel:

That's not true, Iya mi.
Majority of Nigerians are good, selfless and generous people.
When Nigerians support, they go all out.
There have been several instances that have made me so proud to identify as a Nigerian.

Take for example our Hilda that is about to break the world record; the love and support for her by Nigerians have been so overwhelming.
Nigerians are good people.

Lol, i laugh cuz my mom calls me Nnem...you too eh Iya mi asiko!
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 12:43am On May 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

You also, are you genuinely helping them, especially if they didn't ask for your help? I think not. cheesy

Also, I think the need has to be genuine and asked for, for the help given to account to you.

Alas! What you're doing is saraa. cheesy
well to be perfectly honest with you it's people on the streets who ask that I give. This particular situation with the guy was just an aberration . But even at that I don't think it only counts when you give only after you are asked. Now that's your theory lmao . The Mariah theory of giving
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 12:47am On May 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

The way I look at life; if you can't accept something from me, don't give me anything.
That is why I'm hardly impressed by what people possess.

A man's life should not be measured by the things he possess.
Anybody can help anybody in any way.
Talking someone out of depression/suicide is also help, you know?
Referring someone to some information that can save their life is help too.
well I am willing to accept anything from dangote even if he wants nothing from me back grin . It's not a game of give and take. It's not a competition. Some people are just in a better position to give
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 12:54am On May 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

If you don't accept unsolicited help, then why do you give it?
Do you feel you have the right to?

If you can't accept unsolicited help, then maybe you shouldn't give unsolicited help.

You do now realize that giving continuous unsolicited help ruins gratitude, don't you?

Continuous giving of unsolicited help could also be a "trap" in some way - like a commitment you have to keep up without complaining.
well I am never in the habit of giving unsolicited help. This was a one off involving someone I have to see everyday and only because he came to me and said he was hungry and had no food . So I figured he is new on the job and doesn't have money to eat. Let me help him out till he gets his salary but trust and believe I am not in the habit of giving unsolicited help. And even when it is solicited it is still Saraa to the universe , is how I see it anyway lol

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by AngelicBeing: 4:59am On May 16, 2023
Astral Magic Investment Bank
Earthly Headquarters 777 Lekki phase 1, Celestial Headquarters 7777 UY SCUTTI

Managing Director, Sukkot

Bank objectives to assist, feed the hungry and help the downtrodden globally

Net Assets 777 Trillion dollars on planet earth and 777 Trillion Pounds stashed in planet Jupiter

Operation and disbursement of funds commences in July 7th 2023

To assess fund's, contact sukkot via his Abuja Representative, Mallam Gambo Buhari Otedola Obama Putin shocked
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 8:59am On May 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Astral Magic Investment Bank
Earthly Headquarters 777 Lekki phase 1, Celestial Headquarters 7777 UY SCUTTI

Managing Director, Sukkot

Bank objectives to assist, feed the hungry and help the downtrodden globally

Net Assets 777 Trillion dollars on planet earth and 777 Trillion Pounds stashed in planet Jupiter

Operation and disbursement of funds commences in July 7th 2023

To assess fund's, contact sukkot via his Abuja Representative, Mallam Gambo Buhari Otedola Obama Putin shocked
shocked shocked

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by AngelicBeing: 9:29am On May 16, 2023
sukkot:
shocked shocked
Dayuummmmmm, my kind @ sukkot tongue
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 9:45am On May 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Dayuummmmmm, my kind @ sukkot tongue
bro whats hatteninnnnnn. the boys remain loyal Sir

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by AngelicBeing: 11:39am On May 16, 2023
sukkot:
bro whats hatteninnnnnn. the boys remain loyal Sir
Hian, you have started again, you are sitting on 777 Trillion dollars as the MD / CEO of Astral Magic Investment Bank headquartered in Lekki, you also have another 777 Trillion Pounds stashed at Planet Jupiter were Nigeria politicians cannot access, now enter your apartment in Lekki and start a Deep meditation, invoke all the Celestial forces to help you properly, utilize the quid, remember that the money is meant to help those who are going through extreme hunger in the 54 countries of Africa, after that go to CNN and advertise about the huge investment at your disposal, and request for Elon musk, Warren Buffet, Amazon owner, Bill Gates, Dangote, Otedola, The Russian Oligarchs, Chinese Billionaires to partner with you in distributing the trillions of pounds and dollars at your disposal tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 4:42pm On May 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Hian, you have started again, you are sitting on 777 Trillion dollars as the MD / CEO of Astral Magic Investment Bank headquartered in Lekki, you also have another 777 Trillion Pounds stashed at Planet Jupiter were Nigeria politicians cannot access, now enter your apartment in Lekki and start a Deep meditation, invoke all the Celestial forces to help you properly, utilize the quid, remember that the money is meant to help those who are going through extreme hunger in the 54 countries of Africa, after that go to CNN and advertise about the huge investment at your disposal, and request for Elon musk, Warren Buffet, Amazon owner, Bill Gates, Dangote, Otedola, The Russian Oligarchs, Chinese Billionaires to partner with you in distributing the trillions of pounds and dollars at your disposal tongue
777 trillion dollars ? nwanne that is universal wealth . bia nwokem you know how many maysaideez benz i can put in container and on the hiigh seas with that ? ego makachukwu. shocked

1 Like

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by AngelicBeing: 4:49pm On May 16, 2023
sukkot:
777 trillion dollars ? nwanne that is universal wealth . bia nwokem you know how many maysaideez benz i can put in container and on the hiigh seas with that ? ego makachukwu. shocked
DAYUUMMMMMM, Money answereth all things, money is a defense, Wisdom is also a defense but the Excellency of knowledge is that wisdom give life to them that have it >>Ecclesiastes 7:2.>>>> Both money and wisdom provides Defense / Defence on earth tongue
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 4:56pm On May 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
DAYUUMMMMMM, Money answereth all things, money is a defense, Wisdom is also a defense but the Excellency of knowledge is that wisdom give life to them that have it >>Ecclesiastes 7:2.>>>> Both money and wisdom provides Defense / Defence on earth tongue
hmmmm let me go check that verse out shocked shocked

bro you be real 419. ecclesiastis 7 verse 2 not talkin bou money and wisdom

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by AngelicBeing: 5:01pm On May 16, 2023
sukkot:
hmmmm let me go check that verse out shocked shocked

bro you be real 419. ecclesiastis 7 verse 2 not talkin bou money and wisdom
lt talks about money and wisdom but concluded that wisdom give life to them that have it, another one says, in all your getting, get wisdom, Wisdom is profitable for direction, my point is this, money and wisdom provides Defense but you need wisdom to manage money, now get into your room and start Deep meditation to acquire celestial wisdom to manage the wealth at your disposal shocked. >>> Ecclesiastes 7:12
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 5:07pm On May 16, 2023
AngelicBeing:
lt talks about money and wisdom but concluded that wisdom give life to them that have it, another one says, in all your getting, get wisdom, Wisdom is profitable for direction, my point is this, money and wisdom provides Defense but you need wisdom to manage money, now get into your room and start Deep meditation to acquire celestial wisdom to manage the wealth at your disposal shocked

Ecclesiastes 7:2

Better to go to the house of mourning Than to go to the house of feasting, For that is the end of all men; And the living will take it to heart.

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by AngelicBeing: 5:15pm On May 16, 2023
sukkot:

Ecclesiastes 7:2

Better to go to the house of mourning Than to go to the house of feasting, For that is the end of all men; And the living will take it to heart.

Typo errors, l was actually referring to Ecclesiastes 7:12

And not 7:2

Typo mistake
Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by sukkot: 3:35am On May 18, 2023
AngelicBeing:

Typo errors, l was actually referring to Ecclesiastes 7:12

And not 7:2

Typo mistake

that is a good verse bro. money truly is a defense. without it you are butt nekkid undecided dj please play me CREAM by wu tang clan

2 Likes

Re: Do You Make Someone Your Enemy When You Are Generous To Them ? by Carcholce: 4:37am On Jun 02, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Stop Snatching Our Husbands ⁠— Owerri Wives Protest Against Young Women / SEE a Lady Calls Her Friends Hoes Because She Has A Man / My Friend's Wife Keeps Disturbing Me For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.