Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo (1407 Views)

CityNG - 1999 Volvo V70 Station Wagon - N490,000 Shipped / SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! perfectly working 1999 Volvo S70 Is Up For Grab / 1999 Volvo. Tokunbo.... N750,000. Call: 07063022739 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,
I urgently need your advice on this 1999 Volvo. I am about to buy the car from US.

How durable is it for Nigeria roads. How far on the fuel economy and part replacement.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Pixs,

Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by femmy2010(m): 10:01am On Sep 26, 2011
I have a friend that drive same and frankly he has never complained.
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 26, 2011
femmy2010:

I have a friend that drive same and frankly he has never complained.

Thanks Femmy,
Appreciate your quick response. I will appreciate to speak to your friend to ask him some questions. Does the car overheat inside holdup? You know the situation of holdup on Nigeria road,
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 5:19am On Sep 27, 2011
Awaiting your advice
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by dagboss(m): 8:54am On Sep 27, 2011
Bravo! One of our auto Gurus in Nairaland @Femmy has said it all i just want to chip in my own personal experience on Volvo cars. I started with a 740 you know it? I used a Tokunbo for about 2 and a half years i dropped it for my wife when i was leaving for Liberia, i stayed 18 months there my wife never complained about it apart from normal servicing. When i came back it was still as reliable, but i had to sell it off because my children mishandled the door paddings which were not available in the market. This encouraged me to go for another model 940 which i bought since 2008 up till now it is still working like when i bought it as Tokunbo and the fuel consumption is like any other car model. The sum-up of my long story is that Volvo cars are rugged and more reliable than most of the other car models for which Nigerians rush at and pay more than necessary. The only two minuses Volvo models have are: good mechanics are not many and above all they dont have good second hand value and this is understandable because of the usual stereotypes assigned ignorantly to the model. Volvo mechanics and parts are available in large quantity in Volvo line at Ladipo. Go for it my Bros or sis i bet you will not regret if you did wink wink
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2011
dagboss:

Bravo! One of our auto Gurus in Nairaland @Femmy has said it all i just want to chip in my own personal experience on Volvo cars. I started with a 740 you know it? I used a Tokunbo for about 2 and a half years i dropped it for my wife when i was leaving for Liberia, i stayed 18 months there my wife never complained about it apart from normal servicing. When i came back it was still as reliable, but i had to sell it off because my children mishandled the door paddings which were not available in the market. This encouraged me to go for another model 940 which i bought since 2008 up till now it is still working like when i bought it as Tokunbo and the fuel consumption is like any other car model. The sum-up of my long story is that Volvo cars are rugged and more reliable than most of the other car models for which Nigerians rush at and pay more than necessary. The only two minuses Volvo models have are: good mechanics are not many and above all they dont have good second hand value and this is understandable because of the usual stereotypes assigned ignorantly to the model. Volvo mechanics and parts are available in large quantity in Volvo line at Ladipo. Go for it my Bros or sis i bet you will not regret if you did wink wink

Thanks Dagboss,
I really appreciate your kind response. Both of you have really turn my darkness into light. I will keep you updated. Regards.
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2011
Keep it rolling
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by gentlegg(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2011
I have a friend who drives exactly the one in picture, same year model, same colour. When he brought it new for me to see, i entered it and d interior was cute and the AC chilling, infact i keep admiring the car anytime i see it. But i don't know anything about the durability or economy of the car. Well, from what i know about Volvo's generally, they are very rugged, durable but not very good fuel economy and that particular S80 is a one in town Volvo, am afraid of the parts availability.
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2011
gentlegg:

I have a friend who drives exactly the one in picture, same year model, same colour. When he brought it new for me to see, i entered it and d interior was cute and the AC chilling, infact i keep admiring the car anytime i see it. But i don't know anything about the durability or economy of the car. Well, from what i know about Volvo's generally, they are very rugged, durable but not very good fuel economy and that particular S80 is a one in town Volvo, am afraid of the parts availability.

Dear Gentlegg,
Appreciates.

Dear All,
Keep it rolling.
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by mcgboye(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hi guys,
pls how much does the toks of this car cost? Thanks
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2011
smiley
Re: Advise Is Urgently Needed On 1999 Volvo by leonn(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2013
brother volvo cars are one of the best cars, considering durability and ruggedness, coupled with great interior and leg space. the engine is superb and fuel economy is great expecially brands from 1998... i will always drive volvo cars any time any day.......if you see a good one abeg buy am.

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo Peugeot 406 Saloon Black 1996 Model @ 530k Grab Price / 9ja Used Toyota 4runner@ Cheapest Price. / Reg 2001 Nissan Altima 4sale @ Cheap Price N620k Call 08180051794

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.