Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk (491 Views)

My Laptop Finally Crashed / Whatsapp Just Crashed / OST Recovery Tool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by AnthCunny(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2023
Hello, house. Please who knows of any lab or centre where I can recover files from my crashed hard disk. I've exhausted every software options to recover the file. I need to do it manually at a lab or data recovery centre in Nigeria.

Please this is urgent, and I will appreciate any help.

1 Like

Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by Dotmanmcdon(m): 10:52am On May 13, 2023
Have you tried EaseUs. I have used it and it worked.
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by airsaylongcome: 1:08pm On May 13, 2023
What software have you used? Getdataback has always bailed me out in really bad situation. Unless your disk has a physical problem.
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by AnthCunny(m): 6:51pm On May 13, 2023
Dotmanmcdon:
Have you tried EaseUs. Have ones used it and it worked.

Please where is it located?
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by AnthCunny(m): 6:52pm On May 13, 2023
airsaylongcome:
What software have you used? Getdataback has always bailed me out in really bad situation. Unless your disk has a physical problem.

Thanks, I'll try it out
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by airsaylongcome: 7:44pm On May 13, 2023

1 Like

Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by bassdow: 8:07pm On May 13, 2023
Before suggesting anything, be sure OP understands basic use of computer. File recovery not often a straight bullet..

Moreover you people making recomendations, are yet to ask of the health or situation of the storage medium
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by bassdow: 8:11pm On May 13, 2023
AnthCunny:
Hello, house. Please who knows of any lab or centre where I can recover files from my crashed hard disk. I've exhausted every software options to recover the file. I need to do it manually at a lab or data recovery centre in Nigeria.

Please this is urgent, and I will appreciate any help.

what part of Nigeria do you reside in ?

what sort of Storage media (e.g Hard Disk, SSD, etc) is it ?

On what Operating system was it last used on ?

What is the fileSystem type (e.g btrfs , ext4 , ntfs, FAT32, etc) it was formated in ?

Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by airsaylongcome: 7:26am On May 14, 2023
bassdow:

What is the fileSystem type (e.g btrfs , ext4 , ntfs, FAT32, etc) it was formated in ?

I'm sure you know that this is 99.999% a Windows NTFS Hard Disk. Anyone who knows about ext4 or btrfs would most likely know how to do a recovery. Or at least research how to get one done. The only way Getbackdata wouldn't work is if the disk has physically failed
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by bassdow: 9:47am On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I'm sure you know that this is 99.999% a Windows NTFS Hard Disk. Anyone who knows about ext4 or btrfs would most likely know how to do a recovery. Or at least research how to get one done. The only way Getbackdata wouldn't work is if the disk has physically failed

well, assumptions could be risking, plus it costs nothing much asking. and NO, not everyone who uses such fileSystem (or OperatingSystems other than Windows) are savy enough. Same way not everyOne who's in Science class was meant to be there. Some are there because it sounds and looks cool, or because their friends are there also. Same way we have [so called] cat and Dog lovers...
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by airsaylongcome: 10:01am On May 14, 2023
bassdow:

well, assumptions could be risking, plus it costs nothing much asking. and NO, not everyone who uses such fileSystem (or OperatingSystems other than Windows) are savy enough. Same way not everyOne who's in Science class was meant to be there. Some are there because it sounds and looks cool, or because their friends are there also. Same way we have [so called] cat and Dog lovers...

Well in this case, this person was asking for a lab. They already are technical enough to know that there are specialized labs that do data recovery. They already mentioned that they had tried some data recovery software. Again already showed some technical know-how

1 Like

Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by AnthCunny(m): 6:53am On May 15, 2023
bassdow:

It's a hard disk. I'm ready to take it to any part of the country, location isn't a problem. It was last used on Windows.

You know of any lab I can go? Using software to recover it is no longer an option as the hard disk doesn't even get recognized on a computer anymore.
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by bassdow: 8:53am On May 15, 2023
AnthCunny:

It's a hard disk. I'm ready to take it to any part of the country, location isn't a problem. It was last used on Windows.

You know of any lab I can go? Using software to recover it is no longer an option as the hard disk doesn't even get recognized on a computer anymore.

personally, have done recoveries myself. if it's no longer recognized by the Windows PC, I would say you try it on a Linux based PC. Windows based PC often are quick to not show it, but Linux hardly does that.

It doesn't matter if it was used on Winodws OS or not, plug am into a Linux box, it should show up, and from there, you continue what you were doing.

and please don't forget the subtle rule of recovery, limit any more WRITEs onto such disk [even when it starts displaying] for as long as you're still need those data recovered.

reason why I asked your location, was to see if I could be of help.

Don't want to insult you with question of why you didn't make/have backUps, we all at one time or the other, have been there...and sometimes, we need learn the hardWay, to make that change.

PSS: Please I don't want to assume you're a serious PRO and knows what you doing BUT know that, the more futile attempts you make, the less chances of successful recovery.
If you're average enough, and confident, no issue else quit trying, and spend that time looking for that lab or get in touch with me or anyOne in here who's willing to help.
for this nigeria, depending how important those files are, would be weary of trying my luck in any fancy Nigerian owned company who advertises themselves as Data Recovery firm. I'm Nigeria, I'm into IT, but I no trust our people. A lot of us are way way less than HalfBaked, even though most try to win clients with Fancy rich looking offices
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by AnthCunny(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2023
bassdow:

personally, have done recoveries myself. if it's no longer recognized by the Windows PC, I would say you try it on a Linux based PC. Windows based PC often are quick to not show it, but Linux hardly does that.

It doesn't matter if it was used on Winodws OS or not, plug am into a Linux box, it should show up, and from there, you continue what you were doing.

and please don't forget the subtle rule of recovery, limit any more WRITEs onto such disk [even when it starts displaying] for as long as you're still need those data recovered.

reason why I asked your location, was to see if I could be of help.

Don't want to insult you with question of why you didn't make/have backUps, we all at one time or the other, have been there...and sometimes, we need learn the hardWay, to make that change.

PSS: Please I don't want to assume you're a serious PRO and knows what you doing BUT know that, the more futile attempts you make, the less chances of successful recovery.
If you're average enough, and confident, no issue else quit trying, and spend that time looking for that lab or get in touch with me or anyOne in here who's willing to help.
for this nigeria, depending how important those files are, would be weary of trying my luck in any fancy Nigerian owned company who advertises themselves as Data Recovery firm. I'm Nigeria, I'm into IT, but I no trust our people. A lot of us are way way less than HalfBaked, even though most try to win clients with Fancy rich looking offices

I am currently at Asaba, Delta State. Is it possible we meet?
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by Najdorf: 9:47pm On May 15, 2023
Dotmanmcdon:
Have you tried EaseUs. Have ones used it and it worked.
I also recommend EaseUS
Re: File Recovery From Crashed Hard Disk by bassdow: 10:51pm On May 15, 2023
AnthCunny:

I am currently at Asaba, Delta State. Is it possible we meet?

Give me a call. phone number on my signature

0-8-1-1-1-8-0-5-0-4-0 (Calls & Telegram)
0-9-0-2-0-3-2-5-0-5-0

(1) (Reply)

Free Training In Graphic Design In This Lockdown / In Need Of A Web Developer / Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.