Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Strange Emails In My Mail Box - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Strange Emails In My Mail Box (1659 Views)

See 419 Spam Emails In My Inbox / Beware!!! Fresh Fraudulent Emails In Circulation To Arch Into Your Bank Account / How 19-yr-old Drop-out Hypnotizes Women With Strange Ring (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Emails In My Mail Box by buckeye(m): 12:16am On Mar 03, 2006
since the past week, i have been getting unusual emails in my mail box everyday. i have since been deleting them until today that i decided to patse it here for u guyz to see. And i'll also want to know if anyone has gotten any mail of such before or is it just me?

GEORGE ABBEY
JOHANNESBURG,
SOUTH AFRICA
Dear Sir / Madam,
CRY FOR HELP

You will be surprise to receive this letter since you dont know me
personally, but do treat this request as a call from somebody in dire need of your kind assistance,
but for the purpose of introduction. I am GEORGE ABBEY .the eldest son of Dr. WILLIAM
ABBEY who was recently murdered with other whites in the land dispute violence in Zimbabwe lastyear.ln my keen interest to invest in your country, I got your contact through the website and decided to write for an assistance.

My late father was among the few black-Zimbabwean richfarmers murdered in cold blood by the KILLER-SQUARD ofthe ruling government of President Robert Mugabe onthe 12th of march,2003 for his alleged support and sympathy for the Zimbabwean Opposition party controlled by the whites and this crisis andcold-blood-murder reports were communicated to thewhole world through BBC, CNN, and even the UNITED NATIONS general assembly meetings for heads of governments, of member nations.

Before his death, he had taken me to Johannesburg to deposit the sum
of US$19.2 Million(Nineteenmillion two hundred Thousand United States Dollars)with a Security and EUROPEAN Company forsafe-keeping as if he foresaw the looming danger that could erupt from the farm struggle in Zimbabwe. This money was deposited in a box as a consignment labelled 'FAMILY TREASURE', with the Security Company.This frame of mind was informed as not to allow the company management have the knowledge of the real content of the box for obvious security reasons. This money was earmarked for the purchase of machineries and agro-chemicals for the farms and the establishment of new farms-settlements in Lesotho and Swaziland.

This land problem arose when president Robert Mugabe introduced a new land Acts which wholly affectedthe rich white farmers and some objective blacks vehemently condemned the modus operandi adopted by the government. This resulted to forceful ejection of whites from their lands, rampant killings,arson and mob actions by the war veteran and some political thugs. Precisely, more than one hundred and seven(107)people have been killed and many others maimed for life in the past, and up till this year,BBC and CNN have reported of more killingsin the farm-land violence.

Heads of government from the Western World, especially Britain and the
United States of America havevoiced their condemnation over Mugabe's obnoxious land acts .
As the eldest son of my father, I am saddled with the responsibility of
seeking a genuine foreign account where this money could be transferred without the knowledge of Zimbabwean government who have tactically frozen my family's wealth.Secondly,my mother is presently sick of HEART DISEASE and the need to for a medical operation soon is important.

Presently, l am residing temporarily in Johannesburg pending the outcome of an appeal filed on my behalf by my attorney for the Department of Home Affairs to grant me asylum status.At the moment l amin dilema on how to move this money safely out of Johannesburg due to the fiscal laws inhibiting South African Refugees on monetary policy.l request that you grant methe consent to present you and your company as the beneficiary of the Consignment{box of money} ,so that l can be able to transfer the money to your nominated account outside South Africa for investment purpose.

As a business man whom I wish to entrust my future and that of my
family on his hands, I must let you know that this transaction is 100% risk free as far as you keep it secreet and modalities to effect this transfer is ready with the help of our family lawyer,a
member of a Bank-board, a South African and my late father's friend that helped him in depositing this money in the said security company as a consignment.Therefore if this proposal is acceptable to you, we are willing to offer you 20% of the total sum for your assistance,
75%will be for me and my family while 5%will be used for capital transfer tax based on South African Banking stipulations and any other expenses that might be incurred in the course of this transaction.

If this proposal is acceptable by you please do not hesitate to contact me soon as possible, bearing in mind the confidentiality and privacy this transaction requires at the moment .

Best Regards,

GEORGE ABBEY

{For the family.}

ur comments pleease.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by buckeye(m): 12:17am On Mar 03, 2006
here is another one.

Attention My dear Friend & partner,

My name is dr Barry Favour,a banker by profession and currently a director with Bank of Africa Cotonou Benin republic branch.

Iget your name and address in my search for a reputable and reliable person to help me claim the sum of US$9.8 Million United states dollars deposited in our bank by one of our customer who died with the wife and two children on the 21st day of April 2000 in a car crash along novessel road.

Since his death no one has come up as his next of kin and all our efforts to locate any member of his immediate family has prove abortive that was why I decided to see if i can get anybody who has the same surname or last name with him via internet preferably, some one of the same nationality with him which I believe you have all the qualities we need.

Why I am contacting you is to present you to our bank as the next of in to our deceased customer he was a drilling contractor with some oil companies here in west africa, because you have the same surname/last name with him and he is from the same country with you.so it will be more acceptable and wiser to present you through paper work to the bank for the claim of the total fund.

I will give you all the necessary requirements that the bank may request from you and follow up the transfer of the fund into your a/c as an insider.it will interest you to know that i and my partners has been keeping our eyes on this funds and has put the account blind and covered to the public by keeping the account dormant to enable our plans for the funds to come through and this is the time and we are happy to locate you for the perfection of the transfer of the fund into your nominated bank a/c to be given.

As soon as I get your positive response I will update you about the mode of disbursement and we will also need to know about investing in your country as a way to of helping you people who suppose are the original owners of this funds.

Looking forward to your urgent response by updating me with your direct telephone and fax number for easy communication.

Yours sincerely,
Barry Favour.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by Free(f): 3:16am On Mar 03, 2006
And i'll also want to know if anyone has gotten any mail of such before or is it just me?

ma brotha it might just be only you ooooo wink cheesy
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by Badman888(m): 2:36pm On Mar 05, 2006
its 419
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by Grizzly(m): 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2006
I've received sh't like that b4, tho different name, different country, different appeal. yo shud know wats up. well if u got nuff dough, ,keep it lol
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by alheri(f): 11:25am On Mar 06, 2006
Well, I received this too at different times,obviously from the same person. Guess he/she forgot they had sent it to me before cause I didnt reply.

Hi
I'm Carol Oneil, born in USA, lived in Amsterdam, Netherland.I love making
Friends from all around the world, most especially
Christians. I saw your ID in www.penpals.com
I work in my church as a Youth director and also work for the U.N.H.C.R as Staff in the refugee department, and also serve the World vision as director to Canada two years ago. I Will like to meet you in person so that we can up lift The name of Christ Jesus and see why best we can Promote the gospel in your country. There is a youth Conferences coming up soon both in Germany and Gambia respectively.This conferences are Free, the Sponsors will be responsible for your air ticket, both in the Germany and Gambia, the Conference committee will also fax a letter to the German embassy with in countries, so do not worry about the Visa, these conferences are sponsored annually by UNICEF, United Nations Security Council and First Ladies of Presidents of United Nations.
All you have to do is to apply to the conference Office telling them that you want to attends the youth Conferences that will be taking place in both the Germany and Gambia. This is the email to Apply, kaneroldy@yahoo.com, tell them that I recommended you, this is my email address caroneilo@yahoo.com.
I will love to see you there.
God bless you. Have a nice day.
Thanks
Carol Oneil

AND

Hi
I'm jesssi blier, born in England, lives in Amsterdam,
Netherland.I love making Friends from all around the world, most
especially
Christians. I saw your ID in www.penpals.com.
I work in my church as a Youth director and also work for the
U.N.H.C.R as Staff in the refugee department, and also serve the World
vision as director to Canada two years ago. I Will like to meet you in
person so that we can up lift The name of Christ Jesus and see why best
we
can Promote the Gospel in your country. There is a youth Conferences
coming
up soon both in Netherland and South Africa respectively.This
conferences
are Free, the Sponsors will be responsible for your air ticket, both in
the
Netherland and South Africa and the Conference committee will also fax
a
letter to the Netherland embassy with in country, so do not worry about
Visa, these conferences are sponsored annually by UNICEF, United
Nations
Security Council and First Ladies of Presidents of United Nations.All
you
have to do is to apply to the conference Office telling them that you
want
attends the youth Conferences that will be taking place in both the
Netherland and Soth Africa. This is the email to Apply,
scottsmithmm@yahoo.co.uk, tell them that I recommended you, this is my
email
address jessica_shelly32@hotmail.com
I will love to see you there.
God bless you. Have a nice day.
Thanks
Mrs jessi

Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by Hotstepper(f): 3:09am On Mar 08, 2006
i have noticed dat CANADA is now a new country they use now, na wahhhhh,
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by buckeye(m): 7:38pm On Mar 24, 2006
Good, i thought i was the only one.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by buckeye(m): 7:39pm On Mar 24, 2006
here is another one.

Dear Friend,

I am the above named person but now undergoing medical treatment for
cancer now.I am married to Dr. George Peter.We were married for eleven
years
without a child.He died after a brief illness that lasted for only four
days. Before his death we were both born again Christians. Since his
death I
decided not to re-marry or get a
child outside my matrimonial home which the Bible is against.When my
late
husband was alive he deposited the sum of$27.5Million (twenty-seven
Million
Five hundred thousand U.S. Dollars) with one finance company in
Europe.
Presently,this money is still with the Security Company.

Recently, my Doctor told me that I would not last for the next three
months
due to cancer problem. Though what disturbs me most is my stroke.
Having
known my
condition I decided to donate this fund to church or better still a
Christian individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to
instruct here in.I want a church or individual that will use this to
fund
churches,
orphanages and widows propagating the word of God and to ensure that
the house of God is maintained. The Bible made us to understand that
Blessed is the hand that givelth. I took this decision because I dont
have
any
child that will inherit this money and my husband relatives are not
Christians and I dont want my husbands hard earned money to be misused
by
unbelievers.

I dont want a situation where this money will be used in an ungodly
manner, hence the reason for taking this bold decision. I am not afraid
of
death hence I know where I am going. I know that I am going to be in
the
bosom of the Lord.Exodus 14 VS 14 says that the lord will fight my case
and
I shall hold
my peace. I don?t need any telephone communication in this regard
because
of my health and because of the presence of my husbands relatives
around me
always. I dont want them to know about this development. With God all
things are possible. As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you
the
contact of the Finance/Security Company Europe.

I will also issue you a letter of authority that will empower you as
the original- beneficiary of this fund. I want you and the church to
always
pray for me because the lord is my shepherd. My happiness is that I
lived a
life of a worthy Christian. Whoever that wants to serve the Lord must
serve
him in spirit, and truth. Please always be prayerful all through your
life.
Any delay in your reply will give me room in sousing for a church or
Christian individual for this same purpose. Please assure me that you
will
act
Accordingly as I stated herein. Hoping to hear from you.
Remain blessed in the name of the Lord,His Love.

I await your response.
Regards and God Bless.
Mrs. Joy Peters
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by mlksbaby(f): 3:38am On Mar 27, 2006
Me, I no dey waste precious time for 419ers. However, I just decided to amuse myself the other day and thought of sending a reply to one of the many that reach my box weekly.

The email>>>>>>>>

From, Mrs Claudette Ngolo

please if you truly want to assist us you are require to reply to:
claudettengolo@fastermail.com

Dear Friend.
I believe you would be of great assistance to me and my children.
I am Mrs Claudette Ngolo, the wife of the late Mr. Alfred Ngolo Jr of
blessed memory. Prior to my husband assassination by the rebel forces
loyal to the revolutionary United Front (RUF), he was the Director
General National Gold and Diamond Mining Corporation of Sierra-Leone.
Few days before my husband was asassinated, he instructed me and my
children (Geoffrey and Alima) to move out of Sierra-Leone and also to go
in his underground strong room where the documents of the money he has
deposited in a security company in Abidjan Cote d´Ivoire in one metalic
trunk box as family valuables and treasures with the name of my first
son Geoffrey as the beneficiary. The amount is US$4.5 (Four Million five
hundred thousand united states dollars).

We managed to escape to Abidjan the Republic of Cote d´Ivoire through
the help of my husband´s friend who is a trawler. As our travelling
document was seized.I am now looking for a trustworthy and God fearing
person who will handle this money for rapid profit for the future of my two
fatherless children.

For your information, the security company did not know the real
content of the box and we do not wish them to know until the money is
transferred to your account. As it was deposited as family valuables and
treasures. Meanwhile, I want to leave Cote d´Ivoire entirely for investment
of this money in your country and mostly for the future of my children.
I want you to please assist us to claim the box from the security
company and to deposit the money in your account as to order the bank to
transfer the money to your account in your country. As our foreign partner

Finally please ensure that no one else knows about this money as it is
only myself my son, and yourself  knows about this money. May God
protect and guide you as you assist me.
Yours sincerely,
Mrs Claudette & Children
Reply to: claudettengolo@fastermail.com

_________//______________//_______

Much as I would like to help a genuine case, here's my answer to the above:>>>>>>>>

Dear Mrs Claudette,

So, your children bear both English (Geoffrey) and Muslim (Alima) names - how come? And typical
rebels don't leave any boxes unsearched - so if you had any metal boxes, they would be the first to
find the money, not an overseas victim.

You know what? Your mail is the typical 419 mould, and it is not in my interest to pay any attention
to it. You left a lot of loop holes that expose you for what you really are. In what country do I live, and
what business do you suppose I am involved in? If only you knew.

My advice is that you altogether give up this game, or pursue it to your downfall. Using God's name for
fraud has its big repercussions on Judgement Day. If you still want my bank account, you can send the
stolen money to Revelation 21:8. Login in with the password "all liars" and a new account will be
created for you. It will take just a few more days to process your investment papers and rapid profit
when Jesus comes. Quick business delivery at the Judgement seat of Christ is given to first class
thieves like you, if you qualify; but please note that completed transactions by death without
repentance are not redeemable or refundable. If you've got questions, we'll be most happy to help - call
the toll-free number 1-800-john3:16. Hotlines open 24 hours anywhere in the world.

Yours and happy in His Service,
Jesus Pikin.

_______//________//_______

Believe it or not, it's been about two weeks since I sent that, and all of a sudden no more 419 mails have been coming my way. I have a sneaky suspicion that, perhaps, the same guys are behind this game, or at least, the same guys are behind the ones that have been reaching my e-box all the while.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by Badman888(m): 5:23am On Mar 27, 2006
Most of the 419 always have to do with wife of someone weitin
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by baby4u2(f): 9:17pm On Apr 04, 2006
those mails come in thesame format. when i see dear ma/sir!! someone died!! millions of dollars!! nah straight to trash. and beware they are doing lotto now. pluz they have london numbers now and are answering the phone calls in naija. one of my friend (i couldnt believe it) even went as far as trying to ask me for bank details so that a wired transfer can come to me and we could both split the money. if u have no business with whatever the mail suggest dont be money hunger or relationship thirsty like most people tend to be, clear the mails part for a safe journey to the trash can.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by buckeye(m): 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2006
From: "edward yayi" <edward_yayi05@hotmail.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Dear friend,
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 08:45:41 +0100

Dear friend,

I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds
transferred
under the cooperation of a new partner from paraguay. Presently I'm in
Paraguay for investment projects with my own share of the total sum.
meanwhile,i didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me
in
transferring those funds despite that it failed us some how.

Now contact my secretary in Cotonou Benin Rep His name is Kiki Depts,
on
kikidepts@myway.com ask him to send you the total of $800.000.00
which I
kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to
assist
me in this matter

I appreciated your efforts at that time very much. so feel free and get
in
touch with my secretary Kiki Depts, and instruct him where to send the
amount to you.

Please do let me know immediately you receive it so that we can share
the
joy after all the sufferings at that time. in the moment, I'm very busy
here
because of the investment projects which me and the new partner are
having
at hand, finally, remember that I had forwardedinstruction to the
secretary
on your behalf to receive that money, so feel free to get in touch with
Kiki
Depts with this email address kikidepts@myway.com he will send the
amount to you without any delay.

Yours Faithfully.

Edward Yayi From Paraguay
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by trolleys: 11:27pm On May 25, 2006
im tired of getting those messages too.

I'm happy to inform you about my success in getting those funds
transferred
under the cooperation of a new partner from paraguay. Presently I'm in
Paraguay for investment projects with my own share of the total sum.
meanwhile,i didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me
in
transferring those funds despite that it failed us some how.

Now contact my secretary in Cotonou Benin Rep His name is Kiki Depts,
on
kikidepts@myway.com ask him to send you the total of $800.000.00
which I
kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to
assist
me in this matter

I appreciated your efforts at that time very much. so feel free and get
in
touch with my secretary Kiki Depts, and instruct him where to send the
amount to you.

Please do let me know immediately you receive it so that we can share
the
joy after all the sufferings at that time. in the moment, I'm very busy
here
because of the investment projects which me and the new partner are
having
at hand, finally, remember that I had forwardedinstruction to the
secretary
on your behalf to receive that money, so feel free to get in touch with
Kiki
Depts with this email address kikidepts@myway.com he will send the
amount to you without any delay.

Yours Faithfully.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by queen2(f): 12:38pm On May 26, 2006
I recieve mails like dat too, but wen i read and im not familiar with the sender i just delete it
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by onostanley: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2006
hi how are u there hope ur fine my name is stanley kinly call me on +2348025070242 i will waiting ur call

Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by Veracity: 1:27am On Jul 07, 2006
Hi everyone

I get these all the time. I played around with it for a while doing some Scambaiting. Check out these entertaining sites www.419eater.com and www.ebolamonkeyman.com to see just how far it can be taken. But you have to be careful to remain anonymous.

On a serious note, vulnerable people fall victim to these criminals and it costs them thousands.

So if you really want to help shut it down, then whenever you get one, forward the email, with header information showing to abuse@<theISPof their email address> asking that they take appropriate action. A lot of the time they will terminate the account.

It only takes a minute to do and while it won't stop these people completely it will waste their time and may even prevent someone vulnerable from being able to reply to them.

All the best.
Re: Strange Emails In My Mail Box by kiwilmw: 8:21pm On Sep 21, 2006
FROM COLLINS BEN.
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE.
AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING UNIT,
BANK OF AFRICA,
COTONOU-BENIN REPUBLIC.
CONTACT ME WITH THIS EMAIL
ADDRESS(collinsben1@myway.com)
STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL.

DEAR FRIEND,

MY NAME IS mr Manics odobra,A BANKER BY PROFESSION AND
CURRENTLY A DIRECTOR WITH BANK OF AFRICA COTONOU BENIN
REPUBLIC BRANCH.I GET YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IN MY
SEARCH FOR A REPUTABLE AND RELIABLE PERSON TO HELP ME
CLAIM THE SUM OF UD$18 MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS
CAN BE RLEASED TO YOU AND THEN YOU AND I CAN SHARE THE
MONEY,50% FOR ME 45% FOR YOU AND THE REMAINING 5% WILL
BE FOR EXPENSES AND TAX.THE FUNDS IS DEPOSITED IN OUR
BANK BY ONE OF OUR CUSTOMER WHO DIE WITH THE WIFE AND
TWO CHILDREN ON THE 21ST DAY OF APRIL 2003 IN A CAR
CRASH ALONG NOVESSEL ROAD.

SINCE HIS DEATH NO ONE HAS COME UP AS HIS NEXT OF KIN
AND ALL OUR EFFORTS TO LOCATE ANY MEMBER OF HIS
IMMEDIATE FAMILY HAS PROVE ABORTIVE THAT WAS WHY I
DECIDED TO SEE IF I CAN GET ANYBODY WHO HAS THE SAME
SURNAME OR LAST NAME WITH HIM VIA INTERNET PREFERABLY
SOME ONE OF THE SAME NATIONALITY WITH HIM WHICH I
BELIEVE YOU HAVE ALL THE QUALITIES WE NEED.

WHY I AM CONTACTING YOU IS TO PRESENT YOU TO OUR BANK
AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO OUR DECEASED COSTUMER HE WAS A
DRILLING CONTRACTOR WITH SOME OIL COMPANIES HERE IN
WEST AFRICA,BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE SAME SURNAME/LAST NAME
WITH HIM AND HE IS FROM THE SAME COUNTRY WITH YOU.SO IT
WILL BE MORE ACCEPTABLE AND WISER TO PRESENT YOU
THROUGH PAPER WORK TO THE BANK FOR THE CLAIM OF THE
TOTAL FUND.

I WILL GIVE YOU ALL THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS THAT THE
BANK MAY REQUEST FROM YOU AND FOLLOW UP THE TRANSFER OF
THE FUND INTO YOUR ACCOUNT AS AN INSIDER.IT WILL
INTEREST YOU TO KNOW THAT I AND MY PARTNERS HAS BEEN
KEEPING OUR EYES ON THIS FUNDS AND HAS PUT THE ACCOUNT
BLIND AND COVERED TO THE PUBLIC BY KEEPING THE ACCOUNT
DORMANT TO ENABLE OUR PLANS FOR THE FUNDS TO COME
THROUGH AND THIS IS THE TIME AND WE ARE HAPPY TO LOCATE
YOU FOR THE PERFECTION OF THE TRANSFER OF THE FUND INTO
YOUR NOMINATED BANK ACCOUNT TO Be GIVEN.

AS SOON AS I GET YOUR POSITIVE RESPONSE I WILL UPDATE
YOU ABOUT THE MODE OF DISBURSEMENT AND WE WILL ALSO
NEED TO KNOW ABOUT INVESTING IN YOUR COUNTRY AS A WAY
OF HELPING YOU PEOPLE WHO SUPPOSE ARE THE ORIGINAL
OWNERS OF THIS FUNDS .

LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR URGENT RESPONSE BY UPDATING ME
WITH YOUR DIRECT TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBER FOR EASY
COMMUNICATION.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY THROUGH MY PRIVATE
EMAIL(collinsben1@myway.com) FOR DETAILS
OF THE BUSINESS.

YOURS SPECIALLY

Mr.Collins Ben

(1) (Reply)

Beware Another Yahoo Boy/girl / Lagos Police Arrest Suspected Serial Murderer, Robber / Sos: Ritual Torture In Close 19, Satellite Town, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.