Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Is The Cause Of This � - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Is The Cause Of This � (649 Views)

Innoson Malaria Drug Design: Ugwunna Ejikem And Innoson Cause Laughter Online / Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways / What's The Cause Of This Tire Explosion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cause Of This � by beautygboel(f): 8:32am On May 13, 2023
Woke up this morning and found my battery head like this 👇. It has been happening for some time now, my battery technician just wash and replace but it comes up again. Please what is the cause and the permanent remedy?

Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by Asquare84(m): 8:46am On May 13, 2023
beautygboel:
Woke up this morning and found my battery head like this 👇. It has been happening for some time now, my battery technician just wash and replace but it comes up again. Please what is the cause and the permanent remedy?

Change the battery head
Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by Angrygoat: 12:06am On May 14, 2023
Why change battery head,its stress.sell the car like that and buy another one.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by beautygboel(f): 8:53am On May 14, 2023
Angrygoat:
Why change battery head,its stress.sell the car like that and buy another one.
thank you, I will try it
Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by ablogroup: 9:17am On May 14, 2023
the alternator is overcharging the battery
Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by Onyiibazz: 6:12pm On May 14, 2023
Your battery is already quarter to go.

Just start saving for a new battery .
Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by Joyoustimmy: 7:56pm On May 14, 2023
Corrosion on battery terminal head can be caused by quite a number of things. It can be as a result of leaking electrolyte from the terminals or under charging or overcharging among others. However, if I may ask, on which battery terminal did you notice the corrosion? Also, do you have any problem starting the car?

Here is a suggestion. Have your technician clean up corrosion and then apply a dielectric grease if possible to the battery terminals before reconnection. Most times, in the absence of dielectric grease, I have seen technicians use the grease meant for shaft to solve this problem; and it worked!

However, please ensure you carry out a charging test on your car so as ensure that the car is not undercharging/overcharging.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cause Of This � by Nyceguy92: 1:19am On May 15, 2023
Joyoustimmy:
Corrosion on battery terminal head can be caused by quite a number of things. It can be as a result of leaking electrolyte from the terminals or under charging or overcharging among others. However, if I may ask, on which battery terminal did you notice the corrosion? Also, do you have any problem starting the car?

Here is a suggestion. Have your technician clean up corrosion and then apply a dielectric grease if possible to the battery terminals before reconnection. Most times, in the absence of dielectric grease, I have seen technicians use the grease meant for shaft to solve this problem; and it worked!

However, please ensure you carry out a charging test on your car so as ensure that the car is not undercharging/overcharging.

You said it all .
It's annoying how quickly ignorant people say "sell the car."
There are cheap anticorrosion treatments available. I hope OP sees this.

Addendum:
As a matter of fact, my car has a similar problem on one of the terminals. I am going to clean it and apply White Lithium Grease on the terminals. It should work.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

It's The Rainy Season Again. Take Care Of Your Car! / Between Peugeot 307 And 308 Which One Is More Better / Honda Accord 2006 Radio Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.