Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,063 members, 7,859,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:55 PM

Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP (595 Views)

A Mobile App Developer Needed ASAP / 50 Seasoned Programmers Needed Asap / A Very Good Python Programmer Needed Asap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by chris4gold(m): 5:05pm On May 13, 2023
I need someone with Linus experience to help solve this...

"Write a shell script that executes every 10 minutes. The script should ping the IP address of a remote system and save the output in a file that gets automatically sent to your personal email as an attachment. This task can only be completed on a Linux host system. It requires you to investigate how to schedule a cronjob"

Please reply if you can do it.

2 Likes

Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 5:07pm On May 13, 2023
chris4gold:

"Write a shell script that executes every 10 minutes. The script should ping the IP address of a remote system and save the output in a file that gets automatically sent to your personal email as an attachment. This task can only be completed on a Linux host system. It requires you to investigate how to schedule a cronjob"

Let's run the cron.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by chris4gold(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2023
niel63:

Let's run the cron.

If you can run it, let deal.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 5:11pm On May 13, 2023
chris4gold:

If you can run it, let deal.

Drop ur contact.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by chris4gold(m): 5:12pm On May 13, 2023
niel63:

Drop ur contact.

Zero seven zero .3.2.3.2 zero seven six 1
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by Saga16: 5:57pm On May 13, 2023
chris4gold:

400 dollars.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 1:04am On May 14, 2023
$400 ke!
E no reach bro... but I don do am for am... using the money to drink very cold Heineken with Big fish cheesy

All these small small gig dey sweet for weekend flenjour.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by whytey: 1:07am On May 14, 2023
I am studying cybersecurity in MUN university here in Canada. I have 3yrs experience as a Pentester. I can do the job for you if you intrested.

Contact me on denweremadu@gmail.com

Thanks

chris4gold:

Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 7:22am On May 14, 2023
whytey:
I am studying cybersecurity in MUN university here in Canada. I have 3yrs experience as a Pentester. I can do the job for you if you intrested.

Contact me on denweremadu@gmail.com

Thanks

The way some of you make your pitch ehn. What does being a pentester "in Canada" have to do with writing a simple bash script to ping a host and setting it up to run as a cronjob every 10 minutes have to do with Pentesting now? Like seriously.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 7:46am On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

The way some of you make your pitch ehn. What does being a pentester "in Canada" have to do with writing a simple bash script to ping a host and setting it up to run as a cronjob every 10 minutes have to do with Pentesting now? Like seriously.

Bro... the guy above me said $400 grin

What i feel is, it simply means they don't understand the task.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by Ikennaford: 8:25am On May 14, 2023
chris4gold:

How much you gonn pay,,,,,, in dollars only
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by chris4gold(m): 9:07am On May 14, 2023
Thanks, All @niel36 has executed it for me.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 10:06am On May 14, 2023
niel63:

Bro... the guy above me said $400 grin

What i feel is, it simply means they don't understand the task.

They don't even know the task, let alone understand it. Bidding $400 for a task that shouldn't take more than one hour for someone who isn't sharp with their bash and cronjob skill but knows what the person is asking for. Pátápátá two hours of you say you want to double confirm that the emailing works.

1 Like

Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

They don't even know the task, let alone understand it. Bidding $400 for a task that shouldn't take more than one hour for someone who isn't sharp with their bash and cronjob skill but knows what the person is asking for. Pátápátá two hours of you say you want to double confirm that the emailing works.

It took me a bit more than 2 hours though cos I needed to install and configure mutt for the mail part and dinner cheesy man gats chop and relax small... you know as mac dey do with homebrew sometimes with their yeye updates... I kukuma disable the update patapata grin

However, you're not wrong as I'd have competed it in highest time of 1hr (both testing and ensuring it works)

You know your trade bro.

1 Like

Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 10:17am On May 14, 2023
niel63:

It took me a bit more than 2 hours though cos I needed to install and configure mutt for the mail part and dinner cheesy man gats chop and relax small... you know as mac dey do with homebrew sometimes with their yeye updates... I kukuma disable the update patapata grin

However, you're not wrong as I'd have competed it in highest time of 1hr (both testing and ensuring it works)

You know your trade bro.

Okay so my time estimates may have been because all my workstations are Linux. So na to pull up terminal dey type, with chatgpt as midfielder in case
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 10:33am On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Okay so my time estimates may have been because all my workstations are Linux. So na to pull up terminal dey type, with chatgpt as midfielder in case

Smart! I no even reason chatgpt sef grin

With Linux, na breeze nau... cheesy I remember my days of Kali, Manjaro and that tiny distro.
Linux is fun if you know your way around it... well, almost all system are built on it sha.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 10:41am On May 14, 2023
niel63:

Smart! I no even reason chatgpt sef grin

With Linux, na breeze nau... cheesy I remember my days of Kali, Manjaro and that tiny distro.
Linux is fun if you know your way around it... well, almost all system are built on it sha.

Archlinux? Alpine? PuppyLinux?
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 11:48am On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Archlinux? Alpine? PuppyLinux?

Arch.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by Deicide: 1:30pm On May 14, 2023
This is very easy

*/10 * * * * <path_to_script>

Also make sure the script is executable

Normally I use systemd timers for stuff I wan to be done automatically.

Modified:

For those that need script 🙃

1 Like

Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 2:51pm On May 14, 2023
Deicide:
This is very easy

*/10 * * * * <path_to_script>

Also make sure the script is executable

Normally I use systemd timers for stuff I wan to be done automatically.

This is just the cronjob part which is not 100% correct. You still have to write the bash script to ping the remote host, write the output to a file and email that file. So not as easy as you think
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by Deicide: 3:15pm On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

This is just the cronjob part which is not 100% correct. You still have to write the bash script to ping the remote host, write the output to a file and email that file. So not as easy as you think
Didn't you see the part I say <path_to_script>

It is still easy. The only difficult part I see here which is not even difficult is deciding which terminal email client to use.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2023
Yeah... I also had to document it ooo...

Yeah it's easy quite alright. But then, no be everybody sabi am.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 4:00pm On May 14, 2023
Deicide:
Didn't you see the part I say <path_to_script>

It is still easy. The only difficult part I see here which is not even difficult is deciding which terminal email client to use.

That <path_to_script> is the core of the task. But okay. It's easy.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 4:02pm On May 14, 2023
niel63:

Document too?! You try o. I have to learn that level of meticulousness.

1 Like

Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by Deicide: 4:36pm On May 14, 2023
airsaylongcome:

That <path_to_script> is the core of the task. But okay. It's easy.
You want the script?
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by airsaylongcome: 4:43pm On May 14, 2023
Deicide:
You want the script?

Naaah bruv. I'm good. Maybe readers would be interested and you could share so they could learn. For me, I'm good fam.
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by chris4gold(m): 11:13pm On May 14, 2023
niel63:

So how many bottles did you take grin
Re: Cronjob Script Writer Needed ASAP by niel63(m): 4:36am On May 15, 2023
chris4gold:

So how many bottles did you take grin

Lol.. bro! It was a good Sunday... and watching arsenal get trashed only made it more fun. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Frontend / Programming Language / VBA Programmer Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.