Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi (64586 Views)

Nuella Njubigbo And Tchidi Chikere Unfollow Each Other. Sophie Williams Reacts / Nuella Njubigbo And Tchidi Chikere Celebrate Their Wedding Anniversary / Nuella Njubigbo And TChidi Chikere's White Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by nlfpmod: 8:53am On May 14, 2023
Top Nollywood producer and director Tchidi Chikere has recalled his last phone conversation with legendary actor, Saint Obi before his demise.

Chikere took to his Instagram page to mourn Obi. He wrote:

Bro I just heard. I ve tried to call ur number since I heard, just so you d pick and tell me this news is another press gimmick and lies..but no way..I dunno..

I just dunno. I m just gonna talk..vent..maybe it will make me feel better..maybe it ll make me forgive myself for not creating the time when you wanted so much for us to hang out and catch up in January. Yourself, Ike and I. Maybe there is something more you would have told me face to face? I will never know...

We spoke several times in January. You kept saying we hang out and catch up. I never created the time. I thought we had all the time in the world! Friends could always finish their busy schedule and still meet another day. So I thought. Phew! For that I am terribly sorry! I offered you a movie role in February and you declined. You said you had put on weight and wanted to get back in shape before acting. You told me loads of stuff and how you love your children and how you wish you could see them...

You didn't sound like your old self..I felt you ' d lost your zeal for life. So I called a few days later and I offered you three lead roles in three movies which you declined. You refused to act. I was shocked. You said "Tee I ll come to the USA and we will do big things, I want to relaunch myself with something big" Those were your words...

And now..today..suddenly..what
You shared some..no, a lot of your pain. You told me stuff..Things that I am tempted to throw caution to the wind and tell the world. I mean, we've been friends since 2004 when you were my witness at my court wedding. But I ll hold my peace and let God.

Brother, if this is true. ..Sleep well Obinna Nwafor. Saint Obi. Agu White. Your legacy remains. Now you have peace. Someday , maybe I can tell your kids too..how much you love them. πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’” (For as many people as are going through a lot silently, may God console them, give them strength to find joy in themselves and heal them)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsMYuEuOpzz/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by God1000(m): 9:04am On May 14, 2023
The news of his death was a bombshell yesterday, may his soul rest in peace.

Au revoir

I don't watch nollywood movies again, except the old ones.

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by ukaface(f): 9:39am On May 14, 2023
Saint Obi… Rest well
Tell Muna and Sam loco I miss seeing their faces, thanks to y’all for making me fall in love with Nollywood of years ago. I still once in awhile visit YouTube to watch those movies.
Y’all rest in peace. πŸ•ŠοΈ
Reincarnate in another beautiful country like Switzerland, Nigeria don Fvck up

290 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by PlutoChief: 10:07am On May 14, 2023
What a loss!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by FalseProphet1(m): 10:07am On May 14, 2023
Rip to him.

4 Likes

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Nobody: 10:08am On May 14, 2023
cheesy

I like Saint Obi’s movies I swear. We will miss him so much

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Mindlog: 10:08am On May 14, 2023
Sad.

1 Like

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by chuksville(m): 10:08am On May 14, 2023
Best Nollywood action actor I've ever watched. Denzel Washington and Tom Cruize combined.
He does his stunts himself without assistance from any stunt double. He's the pioneer of Nollywood blockbuster movies.
STATE OF EMERGENCY. EXECUTIVE CRIME. SAKOBI. THE ORACLE. TAKE ME TO MAMA. ETC.

This particular actors death pains me more:
Sam Loco Efe.
Saint Obi.
Muna Obiekwe.
Ada Amen.
ETC.

Rest in peace legends! 😭😭

156 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by HeadNigga: 10:09am On May 14, 2023
Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Dialpad: 10:09am On May 14, 2023
May his soul rest in peace

7 Likes

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by luckedesiri(m): 10:09am On May 14, 2023
Rip legend

2 Likes

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Officialpyper(m): 10:09am On May 14, 2023
Nigerian Van Damme 😭😭😭
Thanks for the childhood memories 🫑

May your soul rest with the LordπŸ™

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Akshow: 10:09am On May 14, 2023
Famzing someone dead on social media doesn't sit well with me.

R.i.p Saint

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by freshkpomo(m): 10:10am On May 14, 2023

I once lost two friends like this. They always called me for hangouts to catch-up but I was just too busy. One in 2018 and the other in 2021. Shortly after they called and I declined, next u hear is they are Dead and I keep crying why I did not make out time for them. Just recently I lost one of my pet dogs and was sad I did not have spend time with him also because he was the last recruit amongst my dogs and the least I have my attention to. All these deaths still hurt me til date and I made a promise to myself that I will always try to listen to people, to make out time for them at least share memories that even if I die or they die, I would have enjoyed them and have something to hold on to.

RIP legend, state of emergency still remains my best action movie and thank you Sir for All the entertainment.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Growingboi(m): 10:11am On May 14, 2023
People passing through a lot silently these days.

May God give them another grace to celebrate life.

RIP Saint Obi

36 Likes

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by valentinenkem: 10:12am On May 14, 2023
Am speechless

1 Like

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by DennisEche(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2023
Hypocrite, you were dodging him when he needed your attention now youare cruising with his death.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Nobody: 10:12am On May 14, 2023
I don't really like home videos, but this dude, Ramsey Noah, Rmd, Segun Arinze, are damn good actors.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by WhiteAngels001(m): 10:12am On May 14, 2023
RIP TO HIM

Meanwhile see this unbelievable deal on Redmi note 10 pro and pixel 5 & 6 you shouldn't miss:

https://www.nairaland.com/7661598/price-reduced-redmi-note-10#122661196
Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by inoki247: 10:12am On May 14, 2023
Death is a debt everybody mus pay nobody fit see am dribble this one no be PalmPayyy or Lapoo..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Nmezor(f): 10:13am On May 14, 2023
May his soul rest on . Amen

1 Like

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Kingjite1: 10:13am On May 14, 2023
Saint Obi made my childhood, with movies like State of Emergency,Executive Crime

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by sameks08(m): 10:13am On May 14, 2023
Rest in peace saint Obi

6 Likes

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Krublog(m): 10:13am On May 14, 2023
Take me to mama embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by owiko(m): 10:14am On May 14, 2023
D
Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by xpressionx(m): 10:14am On May 14, 2023
Funny enough I just saw him on TV advert few days back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by 2ndchildhood(m): 10:15am On May 14, 2023
'Take me to mama, state of emergency and wanted alive' still remains fresh in our hearts.. Those days when robbers the wear coat go rob.. RIP saint Obidient

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by Fearyourcreator: 10:15am On May 14, 2023
Agba fryoyo... RIP
Re: Tchidi Chikere Mourns Saint Obi by sprints1: 10:15am On May 14, 2023
JDistribute:
I don't really like home videos, but this dude, Ramsey Noah, Rmd, Segun Arinze, are damn good actors.
alongside Bob Manuel those guys back then were real OGs

47 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Am Prettier That "MUNACHI ABII" / Cubana Chiefpriest Shows Off Interior Design Of His Luxurious Mansion / Charly Boy: Dewy, My Lesbian Daughter, I'm Grateful – (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.