Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,747 members, 7,837,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall (91167 Views)

Eddie Murphy Expecting His 10th Child (Photos) / Murphy Afolabi Buys A New SUV (Photos) / Murphy Afolabi's 44th Birthday Party In Toronto, Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by bigtt76(f): 5:15pm On May 14, 2023
Probably they used a wrong floor tile for the bathroom. You know builders sometimes don't know the difference and or try to cut costs.

Dialpad:
RIP........ unbelievable, Murphy was a talented actor.

The cause of death is scary.

He must have slipped and hit his head hard on the floor.

Builders in the house, how can we have safer bathrooms to avoid occurrences like this.

We can all try get this bathroom mat
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by ledaman: 5:28pm On May 14, 2023
lhordspy:
RIP. Just few days ago i saw his interview with Youtube. I was smiling all through, i was like 'this man still carry his deep yoruba accent global'. God knows best.

I think the youth needs serious mental reevaluation in this country. This is not just small issue, it is becoming insane. The first place i saw this news was under instablog, and you need to see the comment under it.

Some were even posting food picture, meaning it is time for owambe. Others were commenting ' e don try, make e go rest.' .. Different kind of irritating comments.

Most Nigerians are sick. Everything na cruise to them.
Most Nigerian lacks sympathy and Empathy.

2 Likes

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by placeofallure(f): 5:35pm On May 14, 2023
lhordspy:
RIP. Just few days ago i saw his interview with Youtube. I was smiling all through, i was like 'this man still carry his deep yoruba accent global'. God knows best.

I think the youth needs serious mental reevaluation in this country. This is not just small issue, it is becoming insane. The first place i saw this news was under instablog, and you need to see the comment under it.

Some were even posting food picture, meaning it is time for owambe. Others were commenting ' e don try, make e go rest.' .. Different kind of irritating comments.

Your last paragraph ehn! Go on SM and you will see people comment like they are deranged. This Gen Z behaves like they're crossbreed with zombies from Crypton or wherever.

Rest in peace one of the best around. Your death is soooooo painful

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by LEKXYD: 5:37pm On May 14, 2023
May Allah grant him aljana fridaus!!!!

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by madridguy(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2023
Another dark Sunday in the Nollywood. What a sad news. R. I. P Afolabi.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Kingwadada85(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2023
Iceberg3:
What!!!

May his soul rip.

I remember one of his movies where he was a ghost that was controlling a vehicle!!!
NgbantiWood sha grin
which kin teeth u dey like dis......after rip na to laugh remain abi....we are waiting for your own day.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Onyi90(m): 5:44pm On May 14, 2023
dodoatirice:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/05/14/just-in-nollywood-actor-murphy-afolabi-is-dead/%3famp=1

This is very terrible. May God comfort the family he left on earth. God has saved me from similar situation, a fast but scary experience.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by CorrectionFLuid: 5:45pm On May 14, 2023
Dialpad:

Builders in the house, how can we have safer bathrooms to avoid occurrences like this.

No be to get am. Na to maintain am. Just one week, and you no change am, or wash am, e go smell real bad.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 14, 2023
Sad... Also heard Saint Obi is dead too
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Fearyourcreator: 5:51pm On May 14, 2023
lhordspy:

I dey tell you
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Fearyourcreator: 5:52pm On May 14, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
Shocking news left and right. Yesterday was St. Obi, today Murphy, Charly Boy is now on wheelchair, Falz on urgent surgery abroad Whereas, the old politicians are waxing stronger. The frail ones among them that we taunted and thought will die soon are surprisingly still living. Chai! This world no balance. RIP Murphy.
People calling politicians evil ... Question is are they clean too?...

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Bimpe29: 5:53pm On May 14, 2023
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun!

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Fearyourcreator: 5:54pm On May 14, 2023
JoeEeL:

When the report came that over 65% of people in Nigeria are mad, you thought it was a joke right?
Lolz

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Oju4190: 6:03pm On May 14, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
Shocking news left and right. Yesterday was St. Obi, today Murphy, Charly Boy is now on wheelchair, Falz on urgent surgery abroad Whereas, the old politicians are waxing stronger. The frail ones among them that we taunted and thought will die soon are surprisingly still living. Chai! This world no balance. RIP Murphy.
Na so those people that says buhari is sick and will soon die are the ones dying and buhari is waxing stronger.....The life nor really balance
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Hunamew: 6:11pm On May 14, 2023
I was watching his interview on YouTube a few days back and today I have been watching all this. It hurts a lot when this happens to someone. How quickly things change. May God rest his soul in peace and help his family to overcome this grief. You should also take care while going in and out of the house. When you recite Safar ki Dua then you can avoid many problems. Always take care of yourself and your family.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by eyinjuege: 6:13pm On May 14, 2023
lhordspy:

It's a coping mechanism for all the trauma of growing up in Nigeria.
If not for this cruise, there will be more depressed people about and more suicides in the country.
No light, mosquitos, traffic, no money, no access to good healthcare, no access to good education or incessant strikes, no access to loans.
Everybody don craze

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Buharidgeneral: 6:18pm On May 14, 2023
May Almighty Allah grant him Al Janah firdous and rest his soul amen. And give the family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
One of the Nollywood finest. Sun re oo
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by JOemmy(m): 6:19pm On May 14, 2023
Fixing slippery tiles in bathrooms and parlor is very dangerous mostly to old people.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by juman(m): 6:25pm On May 14, 2023
Like I am losing my mind over his death.
Too painful.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by drdeath: 6:26pm On May 14, 2023
[quote author=dodoatirice post=123129710]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/05/14/just-in-nollywood-actor-murphy-afolabi-is-dead/%3famp=1[/quote
RIP IJN Amen!
May God grant you heaven IJN.
Amen!
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Fiscabally(m): 6:38pm On May 14, 2023
Damn so sad, R.I.P Murphy
The Good die young
Tears drop and closed casket.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by FireUpNow(m): 6:39pm On May 14, 2023
This is so sad. I think our artisans who lay tiles should endeavour to start laying rough surface tiles in the bathrooms and toilets. Also wearing of slippers with rough grips. For me na outside I dey baff oo big boy nor dey this thing oo. My house is fenced so na to baff low key baff. RIP to him and my condolences to his family
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by donbenie(m): 6:46pm On May 14, 2023
sammirano:

If the age were 25 or 30 fall would be normal occurrence but we don't even hear of such young people falling. For a man of 49 the fall is suspect.
Whether 25,30 or 49..
There are two many variables at play, for you to conclude it was due to a hearth attack..
He could just as well have stepped on a dropped piece of soap as had a stroke..
It is a wet slippery tile after all..
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Reference(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2023
Dialpad:

You can say that again.
If the right kind of bathroom mat cannot be found use a floor towel instead.
There is nothing soft in bathrooms to cushion one's fall.

RIP to the chap.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Reference(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2023
CorrectionFLuid:

No be to get am. Na to maintain am. Just one week, and you no change am, or wash am, e go smell real bad.

Why will it smell within a week. All it collects is water off your body as you step out of the shower/tub.
Except your bathroom is dirty or unkempt or poorly ventilated with those portholes Nigerian architects and builders call bathroom windows.

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Johnn74: 7:01pm On May 14, 2023
Rip murphy
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Johnn74: 7:10pm On May 14, 2023
IboHausaYoruba:
Shocking news left and right. Charly Boy is now on wheelchair♿, Falz on urgent surgery abroad Whereas, the old politicians are waxing stronger. The frail ones among them that we taunted and thought will die soon are surprisingly still living. Chai! This world no balance.
He has come out to clarify.
He used airport wheel chair option just like the elderly CJN Ariwoola whose airport wheelchair photos went viral recently, when he got tired of walking & promptly utilised it.
https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/13/charly-boy-breaks-silence-over-disturbing-photos-of-him-on-wheelchair/

chinchum:

So this is the ridiculous viral picture that showed nothing. CJN on wheelchair in Nigerian airport. Elderly who are mobility restricted because they are not fast walker or under the weather usually request for wheelchair ♿♿♿ while transiting in an airport. Much ado about nothing.

Nigerian youths that have not sniffed airport before can not understand. Anyone sitting in a wheelchair must be spinal cord injured or suffers from polio.
😉

Omoawoke:

I dey use God to beg people, even if na to just go for excursion, make them try just visit airport and see how it looks.

People lack serious exposure.
This one shock my belle .

wanimo:

so Ariwole is now a cripple?

Shame no dey una face

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by favour32(m): 7:54pm On May 14, 2023
Be very careful in the bathroom.
One of the ways to exit the world.
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by GUNITGuy: 8:01pm On May 14, 2023
starstaz:

Middle Meningeal Artery (Storm))
Yeah Masillary supplying Mma axis could be ...
If not for the health system he could still be rescued immediately they knew he fell in the bathroom ..A scan could have been done and Surgery to block the heamorrhage ....ooooo
What a painful loss
Rip Murphy Afolabi

1 Like

Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by FKMagazine(m): 8:06pm On May 14, 2023
This is sad news. It is well with his families
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Murphy Afolabi Dies After Bathroom Fall by Emmanuel909090: 8:20pm On May 14, 2023
Rest on sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mohbad's Wife And 5-Month-Old Son / Tiwa Savage's 'transformer Skirt' Gives Teebillz Wild Thoughts / A Girl Wore This To Wizkid’s Show In New York And Got People Talking (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.