Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? (1473 Views)

John De Mol Is Big Brother( The Real Face Face Of Big Brother) / Deji Bademosi Quits Channels TV After Clash With John Momoh? / John Dumelo: Enough Of Your Gay Roles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by sugachic(f): 4:04am On Sep 05, 2007
somtyms americans can be reaaly stupid. can anyone explain to me why they had to use john travolta as the girl's mum. is it that they didint get any woman fat enough for the rol or what it was reli disgusting cos she(he) looked quite ugly. besides that the movie is reali aite. is anyone feelin me??
Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by acidrop(f): 4:18am On Sep 05, 2007
u know i have wondered too ooo, am begining to think that John travolta is gay now, cos did u hear about the newsflash on he was kissing his best freind, lipslock
Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by milkshake1(f): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2007
are u serious? john travolta, gay? sha i think it was 4 publicity sake.

1 Like

Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by bluesky4(f): 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2007
well John Travolta has wife and kids.

But, its supposed to be a funny film, so it will be funny seeing a man in women clothes.

Have u not watch the Nutty Professor?

1 Like

Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by cao(f): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2007
@ OP, 4 d simple reason that in d original film (and its subsiquent yrs as a musical), it was originally played by a drag queen, whose performance was very tongue-in-cheek. So its now more or less tradition.

1 Like

Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by romeo(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2007
such a lovely movie

1 Like

Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2018
It was meant to be a comedy film.

Its not funny to be serious. So, I thought that's the reason.

http://www.hubscroll.com/2018/06/best-hairspray-for-hold-frizzy-curly-hair.html
Re: John Travolta As The Girl's Mum In Hairspray-why? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Why do you guys waste your time watching all these rubbish movies?

(1) (Reply)

10 Dull Movies Of 2014 So Far… You Might Want To Avoid These / Can A Dish Supply 2 Different Dstv Decoder / LG Plasma TV 32 Inches For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.