Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:30 PM

Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed (273 Views)

Joseph Kariuki: Catholic Priest Dies After Spending Night With Woman In A Hotel / How A Witch Programmed Her Dog To Cause Me Wet Dreams In Those Days / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed by Debater(m): 9:14pm On May 14, 2023
Pope Francis has recalled the moment he “lost his patience” with a woman who asked him to “bless my baby”, only to be presented with a small dog.

The head of the Catholic church, who has accused those who do not have children of “selfishness” despite not fathering any of his own, said he publicly lambasted the woman, telling her: “So many children are hungry and you bring me a little dog.”

The harsh comments followed sobering demographic projections in Italy, with the annual number of births dropping below 400,000 in 2022 for the first time since records began, marking the 14th consecutive annual decline.

Sitting alongside Ms Meloni - both figures were dressed in all-white - Pope Francis lent an anecdote to his theory that “dogs and cats are taking the place of children” in Italy.

He told a story of a woman whom he met at a Vatican audience two weeks ago who asked for a blessing for “her baby”, which turned out to be a small dog.

“I greeted the lady, she opened her bag and said ‘bless my baby’. It was a little dog,” he told the conference.

“I lost my patience and upbraided her, saying madam, so many children are hungry and you bring me a little dog.”

Cc nlfpmod
cc Seun
cc lalasticlala
cc mynd44
cc Seun
cc Dominique

Re: Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed by garriAndsugar: 9:16pm On May 14, 2023
Animals are meant to be eaten and not kept a pets except it's a security dog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed by funshint(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2023
Lol grin
Re: Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed by Debater(m): 9:18pm On May 14, 2023
Brooo...
Too harsh shocked cheesy
Actually, it's okay to keep them as pets, but you shouldn't treat them as humans should be, while neglecting real poor humans
garriAndsugar:
Animals are meant to be eaten and not kept a pets except it's a security dog
Re: Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed by God1000(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2023
I don't know why some white people value animals more than humans
Re: Pope Francis ‘loses Patience’ With Woman Who Wanted Her Dog Blessed by matrixme(m): 9:47pm On May 14, 2023
We cannot cope with an overpopulated world. Human selfishness will not give in to bringing many more kiddies into this world. Imagine the stress many people are passing through in this country as a result of overpopulation. Keep population in check, then development can be better planned.

(1) (Reply)

If You Think David Killed Goliath With The Power Of The Holy Spirit You're  Maki / Apostle Johnson Suleman In Tears After Papa Ayo Oritsejafor Said This / Crypto-religion: The Crypto-gospel For Wealth Acquisition For Africans.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.