Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend (31744 Views)

Saint Obi's Obituary: To Be Buried On August 18 / You're A Legend And Not Getting Any Younger If You Know These Movie Scenes / Review Of Namaste Wahala: A Nollywood - Bollywood Movie (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Foodqueen(f): 12:44pm On May 16, 2023
Marriage really took alot from him.
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by awesomegenius(m): 12:56pm On May 16, 2023
saintkel:
There's one movie I love him for.....can't remember d name....he was a Priest n his father, Pete Edochie was an occultic man

Narrow escape

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by sageb: 12:57pm On May 16, 2023
Reportupdate:
Saint Obi has a packed filmography, but these films stand out the most for us.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3CokE2iEzc

On May 13, 2023, the news of the death of veteran actor, Saint Obi, whose real name is Obinna Nwafor, swept across the entertainment landscape.

Since his demise, many have taken to social media to express their condolences to the family and share their feelings of grief. Despite the loss, Obi's legacy lives on in his art, where he poured his heart and soul into his creations.

The actor, who was a successful on-screen legend, made childhood for many of us notable by presenting eccentric performances whenever he had the chance.

Known as the action movie star of his era, he was born on November 16, 1965, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Obi began his acting career in the late 1990s and quickly became a household name due to his exceptional talent and good looks.

Before his demise, he appeared in numerous Nollywood films, but here are five of the most notable films that made him a force to be remembered forever.

1. Candle Light (1998)
Saint Obi's breakthrough role came in the film Candle Light, directed by Chico Ejiro. The film featured the actor star as one of the male leads alongside other talents but he shines through, earning him a spot in other movies. The film was a massive success and is still considered a classic in Nollywood.

2. State of Emergency (2000)
Saint Obi appeared in the film State of Emergency, which Teco Benson directed. It is a Nigerian action movie about vengeful former soldiers who hold government ministers hostage for a set of demands. Obi's performance in the film earned him more acclaim and helped solidify his status as a leading actor in Nollywood.

3. Sakobi, the Serpent Girl (2001)
The movie stars Obi and Susan Patrick, with direction by Zeb Ejiro. The plot revolves around a man named Francis, who is punished with a short lifespan of wealth after a plot to use his daughter as a ritual sacrifice fails. He also falls in love with a snake girl named Sakobi who turns his life upside down.

4. Wanted Alive (2001)
In the 2001 movie directed by Chico Ejiro, Obi plays the leader of a criminal gang who's trying to get out of a life of crime. The film stars other action stars like Hanks Anuku, Jerry Amilo, Paul Obazele, Emeka Enyiocha, and Tuvi James. It is also one of the many films that made the audience fall in love with the Nigerian James Bond, Saint Obi.

5.Festival of Fire (2002)
The on-screen legend also showcased his talent in this all-time classic directed by Chico Ejiro. The movie tells the story of a village that sacrificed human beings until the involvement of the church and Christianity.

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/movies/5-films-that-made-saint-obi-an-on-screen-legend/gwttspp?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pulsenigeria247_profile

This list is incomplete with the movie "Final whistle".
@Ishilove Did you watch "Final whistle"?

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by BrutusOj(m): 12:58pm On May 16, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Desperado is Hanks anuku and Chidi Mokeme. Both were Armed Robbers!

But Hanks Anuku raped Mokeme's sister and in the process, his Neck chain fell off unknowingly. smiley

Mokeme later came in, saw it and went on a Furious Revenge!🤨
cheesy Well done, you really enjoyed the movie, from brief narration, I can see you watched it more than once.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by sageb: 12:58pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:
Saint Obi was having a flourishing acting career until his desire to marry a financially strong woman led him to marry one stone-hearted woman who was senior executive in telecom industry and who happens to come from a wealthy family. At the end of the day, money Saint Obi no see. Rather, having fathered some children, Saint Obi was thrown out of his home and his children taken far away from him. Consequently, Saint Obi's fight against this woman and her strong family took a toll on him and the rest is history.

I don't know why his friends are speaking in parables instead of saying things as they are to honour his memory.

Lesson: Sometimes, money is not everything.

May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

what a sad story
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by micflo28(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2023
Where is Evil men and narrow escape

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by VinnyBaba: 1:14pm On May 16, 2023
BrutusOj:
cheesy Well done, you really enjoyed the movie, from brief narration, I can see you watched it more than once.

For where. 😕

Watched it only once in the year 2001, it was released. smiley

I just remember that Scene.
Chidi Mokeme was in a state of Rage and was shouting CeeJay, CeeJay!!!!🤨🤨

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by midehi2(f): 1:18pm On May 16, 2023
Honeydenz:

Yeah you re right, the other guy is chidi chikere, nuella njibigbo's husband. The guy is so good,chidi is alive just that he's now feeling big and enjoying the US, I don't think he still make movies
Yea Chidi is good too, there is still one young guy, can't remember his name, his movies is blockbuster movies

Tarila Thompson grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by VinnyBaba: 1:19pm On May 16, 2023
micflo28:
Where is Evil men and narrow escape

Don't think this, had St.Obi.🤔

It was Ramsey Nouah. smiley

Together with Liz Benson, Pete Edochie (Sir James), Alex Usifo and Larry Koldsweat.
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by fcbelle72(f): 1:29pm On May 16, 2023
Dont forget ,NARROW ASCAPE,
Saint Obi was a rev Father, while his dad Pat was the head of a occult, thats wish his son to take over from his father or die by all means grin grin grin, miracle no gree tier Jesus for that film

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Pootle: 1:33pm On May 16, 2023
state of emergency was chaotic those years

2 Likes

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Babaken(m): 1:44pm On May 16, 2023
You forget take me to mama.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Shadysen: 2:00pm On May 16, 2023
rilwan09:
Where "Take me to mama" dey ?
no mind op, make him dey play, take me to mama was top notch, rip legend.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by lucky4west: 2:14pm On May 16, 2023
festacman:
Saint Obi was having a flourishing acting career until his desire to marry a financially strong woman led him to marry one stone-hearted woman who was senior executive in telecom industry and who happens to come from a wealthy family. At the end of the day, money Saint Obi no see. Rather, having fathered some children, Saint Obi was thrown out of his home and his children taken far away from him. Consequently, Saint Obi's fight against this woman and her strong family took a toll on him and the rest is history.

I don't know why his friends are speaking in parables instead of saying things as they are to honour his memory.

...money is not always everything, the divorce and issues in marriage sent the guy into depression and the rest is history..also when you are suffering try and open up to some close friends...over coded no de pay always

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Menclothing: 2:21pm On May 16, 2023
You don old oooo
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Sniper101(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2023
Festival of Fire.

"How dare you born down the shrine of Amadioha?" .....asked Saint Obi

...and that was the moment he discovered his Twin Sister; Ragina Askia grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Careente7(m): 3:28pm On May 16, 2023
Una no do this one when nigga been Dey alive
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Maobichek: 3:44pm On May 16, 2023
midehi2:

Whenever I see movie directed by Teco Benson, that movie must not pass me by

That man was creative, he was in the class of his own.
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Maobichek: 3:47pm On May 16, 2023
Ransomtheking:

Back in the days Nollywood was doing better than now, seems we are moving backwards.
Am sure it was those old movies that hyped Nollywood movie industry.

Those days, you hardly predict the end of a movie but can't be said our movies today.

That was why they went back recreating old movies, Living in bondage and others.

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by flyinnizam(m): 4:31pm On May 16, 2023
Reportupdate:
Saint Obi has a packed filmography, but these films stand out the most for us.

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3CokE2iEzc

On May 13, 2023, the news of the death of veteran actor, Saint Obi, whose real name is Obinna Nwafor, swept across the entertainment landscape.

Since his demise, many have taken to social media to express their condolences to the family and share their feelings of grief. Despite the loss, Obi's legacy lives on in his art, where he poured his heart and soul into his creations.

The actor, who was a successful on-screen legend, made childhood for many of us notable by presenting eccentric performances whenever he had the chance.

Known as the action movie star of his era, he was born on November 16, 1965, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Obi began his acting career in the late 1990s and quickly became a household name due to his exceptional talent and good looks.

Before his demise, he appeared in numerous Nollywood films, but here are five of the most notable films that made him a force to be remembered forever.

1. Candle Light (1998)
Saint Obi's breakthrough role came in the film Candle Light, directed by Chico Ejiro. The film featured the actor star as one of the male leads alongside other talents but he shines through, earning him a spot in other movies. The film was a massive success and is still considered a classic in Nollywood.

2. State of Emergency (2000)
Saint Obi appeared in the film State of Emergency, which Teco Benson directed. It is a Nigerian action movie about vengeful former soldiers who hold government ministers hostage for a set of demands. Obi's performance in the film earned him more acclaim and helped solidify his status as a leading actor in Nollywood.

3. Sakobi, the Serpent Girl (2001)
The movie stars Obi and Susan Patrick, with direction by Zeb Ejiro. The plot revolves around a man named Francis, who is punished with a short lifespan of wealth after a plot to use his daughter as a ritual sacrifice fails. He also falls in love with a snake girl named Sakobi who turns his life upside down.

4. Wanted Alive (2001)
In the 2001 movie directed by Chico Ejiro, Obi plays the leader of a criminal gang who's trying to get out of a life of crime. The film stars other action stars like Hanks Anuku, Jerry Amilo, Paul Obazele, Emeka Enyiocha, and Tuvi James. It is also one of the many films that made the audience fall in love with the Nigerian James Bond, Saint Obi.

5.Festival of Fire (2002)
The on-screen legend also showcased his talent in this all-time classic directed by Chico Ejiro. The movie tells the story of a village that sacrificed human beings until the involvement of the church and Christianity.

https://www.pulse.ng/entertainment/movies/5-films-that-made-saint-obi-an-on-screen-legend/gwttspp?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=pulsenigeria247_profile
take me to mama and one that he acted with Bob manuel. He was a prince
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Hippyj2: 4:47pm On May 16, 2023
Ransomtheking:

cool
I'll be downloading the movie later today

hahahha....you might not find it interesting anymore. You only cherish the memories

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by marvel2real: 5:18pm On May 16, 2023
saintkel:
There's one movie I love him for.....can't remember d name....he was a Priest n his father, Pete Edochie was an occultic man
the name of the film is "Narrow Escape".
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Ransomtheking(m): 5:44pm On May 16, 2023
Hippyj2:

hahahha....you might not find it interesting anymore. You only cherish the memories
Brings back memories 😔
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Chiboyz40(m): 6:42pm On May 16, 2023
Nobody watched "Royal Palace"?

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by MySolace: 7:47pm On May 16, 2023
rilwan09:
Where "Take me to mama" dey ?
Na d first movie da even came to my mind sef...
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by deewhone(f): 11:10pm On May 16, 2023
𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝑬𝒙𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝑪𝒓𝒊𝒎𝒆?
𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆
𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉

1 Like

Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Jeffy1206(m): 2:41am On May 17, 2023
Sakobi can't be 2001 I watched the movie I think in 1997. Check well.
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by saintkel(m): 3:02am On May 17, 2023
AmehTsaev:

The movie you're talking about is called "Narrow Escape" his father (Pete) tried several ways to kill his son Saint Obi cause he refused to follow his occultic ways, and joined the priesthood to become a Reverend Father...I used to watch it back when I was little on VHS. Definitely one of Saint Obi's best movies, fantastic actor he was. I think it should be on YouTube

I found it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9m4SuJt8k
thanks mate
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:23am On May 17, 2023
State of emergency is more interesting than some of recent Hollywood movies
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Modifire(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2023
festacman:
Saint Obi was having a flourishing acting career until his desire to marry a financially strong woman led him to marry one stone-hearted woman who was a senior executive in telecom industry and who happens to come from a wealthy family. At the end of the day, money Saint Obi no see. Rather, having fathered some children, Saint Obi was thrown out of his home and his children taken far away from him. Consequently, Saint Obi's fight against this woman and her strong family took a toll on him and the rest is history.

Chai!!!! Man you for respect d dead now
Re: 5 Films That Made Saint Obi A Nollywood Legend by Twinmama(f): 9:34am On May 17, 2023
Rip legend Saint Obi

There is this one that they stole ogbakiri masquerade, when repercussions began the guys started dying one after the other, one fell from uncompleted building and was impaled.

What about 'Take me to mama' the bombing of the car.

I love narrow escape, so chilling.

Wow I'm having nostalgia right now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obichie Chidinma Dazzles As Young Actress In '13 Letters' Movie / Mo Abudu Responds To Criticism Trailing 'Chief Daddy 2' / Lies Of The Heart On Zee World Full Story Summary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.