Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,163 members, 7,860,167 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

Is Nigeria Really The Problem - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Nigeria Really The Problem (1185 Views)

The Problem Of Becoming A Developer / Please, Help Solve The Problem Of Appearing Ending Line \r\n / The Problem Is Foxpro In Windows XP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Is Nigeria Really The Problem by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
MindHacker9009:

For long now I have realised that thse coding test are just being used to prevent those that are not connected from getting the job or they just want someone to do their job for free.

Well now I know. To be honest, I don't even know what to believe. I have interviewed with amazon and interviewed with cisco and the coding tests I got were absolutely nothing with regards to how I expected them to be while I was in Nigeria. They were instead testing my domain knowledge with regards to the positions I applied for. Back in Nigeria, we would be learning graphs and dynamic programming. I am sure these things exist but maybe for backend devs or people writing compiler code or some hard level stuff.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really The Problem by MindHacker9009(m): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well now I know. To be honest, I don't even know what to believe. I have interviewed with amazon and interviewed with cisco and the coding tests I got were absolutely nothing with regards to how I expected them to be while I was in Nigeria. They were instead testing my domain knowledge with regards to the positions I applied for. Back in Nigeria, we would be learning graphs and dynamic programming. I am sure these things exist but maybe for backend devs or people writing compiler code or some hard level stuff.

I have being in software development now for over 15 years and what I have discovered is that it's just a game of dirty politics and its for those who are connected..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help On C++ Or Java Programming / @ C++ Gurus / Free Training Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.