Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) (12868 Views)

Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life / What I Learnt From Leaving My Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 4:00am On May 16, 2023
Hilda Effiong Bassey a young entrepreneurial Nigerian who had a vision to enter the Guinness Book of World Records through a long-winded cookaton has been trending almost on all social media platforms since few days ago. This is happening because of her handwork, dedication and consistency.

Many top Nigerian front-runners like President Buhari, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Director General of the World Trade Organization, Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu; President Elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu have congratulated her just because she decided to stand out among thousands of chefs in Nigeria.

Personally, I always celebrate genuine career success but most importantly I try to learn at least a lesson from a successful person in order to improve myself and my career.

While Hilda is already writing her name in gold and the world is celebrating her achievement, I have decided to pinpoint five (5) career lessons to learn from her. These are and not limited to:

1. Start A Career:
Oxford Dictionary defines career as "an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress." What do you want to showcase to the world when you don't have at least a career? How do you wish to progress in life when you don't possess a career.

It is never too late to start your own career.

2. Choose A Career That Fulfil Your Passion:
Ultimately, the most important factor when choosing a career is to choose something that makes you happy and fulfilled. Passion may be a bit tricky to define, but we all recognize it when we see it, whether in ourselves or in others. Passion is what gives you boundless energy, intense almost single-minded focus and the willpower to overcome even the most daunting obstacles.

It is so obvious that Hilda has passion for cooking as this makes it easy for her to record a career success.

When you carefully choose a career that fulfil your passion it makes things work for you easily as you will always do something you love to pay your bills and also progress in life with no or little effort.

3. Be Consistent With Your Career Goals:
I strongly believe that before you choose any career you must have considered what you tend to achieve with it and this achievement can't just come without creating ways to achieve it.

Being consistent means dedicating yourself to your goals and staying focused on the things and activities to achieve them. However, it requires a long-term commitment and involves sustained effort in doing actions repeatedly until you achieve your target.

If Hilda wasn't consistent with her career goals, we won't be celebrating her today.

4. Be Yourself and Be Unique:
Yes, you can be yourself and still be unique. Being yourself means living life how you wanted to live it, regardless of other peoples' opinions. And it just means you respect yourself. Worrying about what others will think is just a waste of time, you can't control them or control their thoughts. If you want to grow faster it is advisable that you do things differently from the way others do theirs.

If Hilda has decided to remain just a chef without having a vision to enter the Guinness Book of World Records I don't think that we would be celebrating her today.

5. Celebrate the Career Success Of Others:
When you celebrate the success of others you're putting your wants and wishes aside to celebrate someone else's good fortune. Rather than feeling bitter about their success you have chosen to feel fulfilled and celebrate it.

Supporting another’s success won’t ever reduce yours. If you want to grow faster and better, always celebrate the career success of others.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/odewaleadesoye_work-success-career-activity-7064084113430880256-p1as?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by HistoryAndTech: 4:13am On May 16, 2023
This is nice and helpful Sir
nice writeup Mr. green
congratulations to Hilda

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:08pm On May 16, 2023
We will find out the time to create a thread on how some bastard yahoo boys, AKA Scammers were trying to scam innocent Nigerians during the 4 days Hilda was cooking,
Saying she ran out of salt, Maggi, onions and people need to contribute money for her to be able to beat the record!!
Bunch of stupid, lazy mofos...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:08pm On May 16, 2023
Hilda’s hard work and dedication paid off when she launched her first premium fast-food restaurant in June 2022, catering to an incredible number of clients.
She has also showcased her acting prowess in various movies and soap operas, including Dream Chaser, which was nominated for Best Movie at the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA).
As a humanitarian, Hilda believes that everyone deserves well-prepared meals.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, she provided over 3,000 meals to less privileged communities for social impact.
She has also trained over 2,500 students in the culinary arts, giving prizes and incentives to the best-performing students.

Hilda Baci is a renowned foodpreneur, actress, and TV presenter known for her exceptional homemade recipes.
She is the founder of “My Food by Hilda“, a premium restaurant and delivery service for African and continental dishes.
Hilda’s passion for cooking was inspired by her mother’s culinary techniques.
Her cooking skills led her to the world of television, where she started with the cooking segment “In my Kitchen” on Rave TV’s breakfast show, Morning Rave.
She was also the host of “Dine on A Budget” on Pop Central TV, where she engaged celebrities on topical issues and treated them to a good dining experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Landmine1: 2:08pm On May 16, 2023
Nigerian’s have started dropping Quotes and motivational speeches on another person’s hustle and success story.

No magic here. Find what you are extremely good in, perfect it, research on those excelling in that field greatly, and attempt to be better.

9 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2023
This girl can cook anything. Who said slay queens can't cook

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by WiszyFraud: 2:09pm On May 16, 2023
When Chef Lata Tandon (the current record holder) attempted and won it in 2019, there was never this noise among the Indian citizens and their government.

How did the ”giant of Africa” stoop this low to celebrate a thing that is not beneficial to the country’s economy?

This is insane, and also becoming embarrassing for us on the global stage undecided

Since it’s still being reviewed, what then happens if she finally wins it?
We go celebrate am like Argentina after the world cup triumph?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Angelfrost(m): 2:09pm On May 16, 2023
Everybody don turn motivational speaker on top this woman personal achievement...!

At the risk of being perceived as a "Hater", let me just point out that men and women across Nigeria do so much to survive and excel, some even perform feats worthy of awards yet go uncelebrated!

19 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by timibare(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
Her "market" go don add money by now
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Virgohills(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
It is well
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by MrBiGGEST(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
Makes sense
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by ManWater: 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
Of more importance to me is how well someone can cook rather than how long. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by horgarzer(m): 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
Nice piece
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by slawomir: 2:10pm On May 16, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by blesboi(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2023
who is Hilda ?
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by trevorlinda: 2:14pm On May 16, 2023
dis record has been broken since 1996 wen olopo cooked in my area for 2 weeks but nobody recognise her

dis is not a new rec
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by sentee(f): 2:14pm On May 16, 2023
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by 4ormidable(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2023
Humans ability is limitless smiley

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by ukaface(f): 2:15pm On May 16, 2023
Just one question?
Na the cooking earn am this kind lifestyle?
I love to cook, If I grow my skill will I be this rich like Hilda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Creditalerts: 2:17pm On May 16, 2023
Make we hear word oo
Hilda this Hilda dat
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by joshjc(m): 2:17pm On May 16, 2023
I don't what to sound like an hater,but enough of this girls post,there are more important issues to talk about, those doing restaurants business don't even have time to rest,they cook almost everyday of the week

6 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by folake4u(f): 2:18pm On May 16, 2023
Motigbetional speakers don overtake LinkedIn. Best believe to mute that app for 2days. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Creditalerts: 2:18pm On May 16, 2023
trevorlinda:
dis record has been broken since 1996 wen olopo cooked in my area for 2 weeks but nobody recognise her

dis is not a new rec
tell dem oo
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Creditalerts: 2:19pm On May 16, 2023
Las Las she just upgraded to polithiefcians kpekus

3 Likes

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Father0fjesus: 2:20pm On May 16, 2023
I am happy for her but I'm totally disappointed as to how Nigerians blew this record outta proportion.
It seems we have many jobless youths that cannot do without social media cruise in this country.

People Break Guinness records every day and only the relevant ones that adds big value to humanity make the front page in saner climes.

Africa has a major problem

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Xggav8b: 2:21pm On May 16, 2023
Earn $30-$100 daily bombing Instagram using your phone
Proofs attached!!

Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by MrJames007: 2:22pm On May 16, 2023
Na now Una know Hilda. Please lemme read som else.
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by Father0fjesus: 2:26pm On May 16, 2023
Xggav8b:
Earn $30-$100 daily bombing Instagram using your phone
Proofs attached!!
scamtozoa
Re: Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) by cheallo56: 2:28pm On May 16, 2023
see below

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Regrets About Your Profession? / Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. / How To Negotiate A Better Salary | Career Advice Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.