Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order (317 Views)

Naira Marley, Gbadamosi And Wife Granted Bail; To Be Arraigned In Court Today / Lady On 21-Day Dry Fasting For Wizkid Gives Update (Photos) / Lady On A 21-Day Dry Fasting For Wizkid Because Of Enemies (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by chessguru(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2023
The Chief Magistrate Court in Yaba, Lagos, has granted bail to Afrobeat musician, Seun Kuti.

The court however declined to grant police 21-day detention order sought to continue with the investigation of Seun.

The court also ordered the Nigerian police to finish their investigation into the alleged assault of a policeman in 48 hours and allow Kuti to go home.

“The court grants police 48 hours to complete ‘their investigations’ after which Kuti can be left to go home on bail.

“Kuti’s bail is with two sureties who must be with landed property in Lagos,” a witness said.

The Chief Magistrate also asked the police to remove themselves from prosecuting him.

She directed that the case file should be duplicated and forwarded to the Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions for prosecution. https://newsnowonline.com.ng/2023/05/16/just-in-seun-kuti-granted-bail-as-court-refuses-to-grant-police-21-day-detention-order/. Detention Order
May 16, 2023
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by chessguru(m): 3:48pm On May 16, 2023
Lalasticala
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by Staphylococcus: 3:52pm On May 16, 2023
I love Nigeria!

The freedom in that country is sweet!

I use to tell my hommies I can shoot five dead in broad day light, and still wait for the police to come arrest me., and still beat the case.

Just know people and have the money. You untouchable!
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by yarimo(m): 4:10pm On May 16, 2023
This is very commendable from the court

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by chessguru(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2023
Staphylococcus:
I love Nigeria!

I use to tell my hommies I can shoot five dead in broad day light, and still wait for the police to come arrest me., and still beat the case.

the court has done the right thing . Detaining him for 21 days would have been wrong
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by tunde1200(m): 5:33pm On May 16, 2023
Hmmmm nija all the way
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by Staphylococcus: 5:34pm On May 16, 2023
chessguru:
the court has done the right thing . Detaining him for 21 days would have been wrong

Let a common man try same.
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by Jostoman: 5:39pm On May 16, 2023
W
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by Jostoman: 5:49pm On May 16, 2023
Staphylococcus:
I love Nigeria!

no be like that oga the way police are going about the matter is terrible, it looks like the police have been looking for a away to wicked him even before the incident if not why going to court to get 21 days put him behind bar, that is wickedness.
Re: Seun Kuti Granted Bail As Court Refuses Police 21 Day Detention Order by PerfectStranger(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2023
Shith*le

A poor man can't try this and get away.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Mercy Johnsons Real Mother / Moment Asake Jumps Into The Crowd At Afronation Concert In Portugal (video) / Pastor Foluke Adeboye, Bishop David And Faith Oyedepo Prays For Margaret Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.