Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? (3784 Views)

Poll: Should He?

Yes: 33% (16 votes)
No: 66% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Should Siasia Share In Keshi's Glory? / Should Siasia Be Sacked Or Not / Nigeria Vs Guinee: (2:2 . Did U Enjoy The Match: Disgrace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by visionsen(m): 6:00am On Sep 27, 2011
My answer is yes. With the recent poor performance put up by the Super Eagles against the Argentina National Team in mind. l am of the opinion that it is better to call upon our guys that are scoring in Europe now e:g Yakubu to come help the National Team. This should not be time to find faults or our back will touch ground again. The match against Guinee is a must win for the Nigeria
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by afrobaby(f): 8:42am On Sep 27, 2011
if anyone is to rescue eagles, it will not be yakubu, is it not the same yakubu that usually play like pregnant woman, just rotating on the field,
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by 12large1: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2011
yes he should. Keita nwaneri yussuf and olofinjana should also be called up
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by fingard02k(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2011
Op make u no provoke me o, i neva want 2 hear that , name again, pls take a closer look at this and tell me if their is any funny thing in missing this precious opportunity.

Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by Otunbakay(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2011
yak has never been spectacular/ done exraodinarily brilliant 4 super eagles even when he was still young and in gud form, Certainly not now dat he has nothing 2 offer -- 4get his current luck 4 his club, he has always been like datyak has never been spectacular/ done exraodinarily brilliant 4 super eagles even when he was still young and in gud form, Certainly not now dat he has nothing 2 offer -- 4get his current luck 4 his club, he has always been like dat
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by dancewith: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2011
@poster

What about my grandmother? Siasia should also call her up while we are at it!
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by Ournaija: 4:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
NOOOOO

Are good legs in short supply in Nigeria? If someone is bad, he is bad, rule him out. He has not contributed anything positive to Nigerian football despite his successes in Europe.

This is the  same thing that happens in our political life. You will hear some folks calling names of old rotten politicians to come save sinking country like Nigeria when we have young brains wasting on the streets. That is why same old generals/politicians are been recycled day in day out.

If we fail to qualify for this African cup of nation, let learn from it and prepare better next time.

YAKUBU KO YAKUBU NI. YAKUBU my foot.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by bidex(m): 4:06pm On Sep 28, 2011
Otunbakay:

yak has never been spectacular/ done exraodinarily brilliant 4 super eagles even when he was still young and in gud form,  Certainly not now dat he has nothing 2 offer -- 4get his current luck 4 his club, he has always been like datyak has never been spectacular/ done exraodinarily brilliant 4 super eagles even when he was still young and in gud form,  Certainly not now dat he has nothing 2 offer -- 4get his current luck 4 his club, he has always been like dat

how many yakubu's game have you seen when he played for super eagles? you never see his games and the only ones you manage to see is when the ENTIRE  team fumble, i've seen several of yakubu's game. 2002 korea/japan world cup when we need a win against sudan to qualify who scored two swift, spectacular and wonderful goals on a horrible field that all our so-called big boys (jayjay, oliseh, kanu) were playing as if they have no leg?

its the coach decision to select not ours we dont need to kill him over a mistake.

Yoruba ppl have a proverb that states,

This fire wood is not good, you remove it from fire, that fire wood is not good you remove it still, when you remove all fire wood from fire when will you finish cooking your food?

personally i want him back i want martins back i want all fit and able players back in eagles camp. so far they are still performing well in their respective club and they are ready to perform for nigeria
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by ksam(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2011
12large1:

yes he should. Keita nwaneri yussuf and olofinjana should also be called up
u are sick for saying such poo
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2011
@ OP

Yess!! Lets also call back Papilo a.k.a Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha and Ikpeba,
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by andyanders: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2011
After his brace with Blackburn,in which he has not scored again, does that make him a great player? No. Yakubu should not be recalled. He has expired no matter his present form. There are younger players that can get it done for us. Younger players like Musa and his likes, Ike Uche and other younger strikers should be allowed. Only Osaze and Enyema among other players on suspension should be allowed to play and not Yakubu. He is too arrogant.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by enomakos(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2011
yes yakubu and sani kaita shall be invited

we need some one like yakubu in the eagles forget his world cup miss,which great player had not miss a chance like that before?

sani kaita shall also be invited too
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by oddy4real(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2011
Fernando Torres should never play for Chelsea again because of that scandalous and unforgivable miss against Man U, abi? Armchair critics
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by Baawaa(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2011
My answer is yes. With the recent poor performance put up by the Super Eagles against the Argentina National Team in mind. l am of the opinion that it is better to call upon our guys that are scoring in Europe now e:g Yakubu to come help the National Team. This should not be time to find faults or our back will touch ground again. The match against Guinee is a must win for the Nigeria[pre][/pre]

As far as yakubu is concerned,Siasia don't need him.Yakubu as a person did not ready to strive for this country,he plays well in his club side,but when its come national matches he will be playing as if they force him to come and play!!It is high time NFA, should forget him completely.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by drgica74: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2011
As a ball boy or player?
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by bidex(m): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2011
andyanders:

After his brace with Blackburn,in which he has not scored again, does that make him a great player? No. Yakubu should not be recalled. He has expired no matter his present form. There are younger players that can get it done for us. Younger players like Musa and his likes, Ike Uche and other younger strikers should be allowed. Only Osaze and Enyema among other players on suspension should be allowed to play and not Yakubu. He is too arrogant.

after the two goals howmany games has he played? just two games and you have started to complain, what about torres? why spain dont scrutinise him after howmany games for chelsea and yet just two goals this season? do you know football at all? and by the way how can you prove his arrogancy?
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2011
Yes. In fact, Siasia should invite himself.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by oobim(m): 4:48pm On Sep 28, 2011
Yakubu ko,bukuya ni.

Siasia shud as well invite d late okwaraji,kanu,okocha and victor ikpeba
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by kasonud(m): 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2011
Not yet
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by Baawaa(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
[/pre]after the two goals howmany games has he played? just two games and you have started to complain,  what about torres? why spain dont scrutinise him after howmany games for chelsea and yet just two goals this season? do you know football at all? and by the way how can you prove his arrogancy?[pre]

Let call a spade a spade,Yakubu is out of the team.We should not implore sentiment to this issue,Yakubu don't play with zeal when it come to Nigeria matches
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by PurestBoy(m): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
[size=14pt]Obasanjo too should be invited since there are no more players in Nigeria, even Boko Haramites can play for us.[/size]
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by otokx(m): 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2011
No he should stick to his game plan
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by smaller(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2011
Siasia should extend an invitation to me, at least I cant miss those chances Yakubu squander.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by purplekayc(m): 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2011
i say yes consedering his performances lately 4 blakburn kiss
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2011
Hisses and leaves the thread in annoyance
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by category(m): 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2011
Yeah! A very welcome idea,
lets xtend the invitation to the likes of Femi Opabumi,
Batholomeow Ogbeche, Efetobore Soji, Eric Ejiofor, Furo Iyenemi,
Gbenga Okunowo etal.
Very good players. Am sure they 'll ensure we beat Guinea, grin grin grin
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by VUVUZELA10: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
Poster. Instead of 50years old Yakubu, two Boko Haram strikers would have be better. Nonsense post.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by oddy4real(m): 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2011
Perhaps, Torres should be hanged for this , abi

Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by olaridwan(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2011
noooooooooo plssssssssssss.
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by cinzo: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
Come and do what in the team? Tell them tales by moonlight of when Naija team was dominating Africa?

Abegi talk beta tin! Next!
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by marcus1234: 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2011
Re: Should Siasia Call Yakubu To Rescue Eagles Against Guinee ? by denitro(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
Yak is USELESS in my book

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lionel Messi emerges Nairaland World Footballer Of The Year for 2011 / Floyd Mayweather Buys N437m Bugatti From Obi Okeke / PHOTOS: See The Sexiest Female Refree In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.