Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,134 members, 7,845,767 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Top 5 Lessons I've Learned As A Sales & Marketing Consultant - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Top 5 Lessons I've Learned As A Sales & Marketing Consultant (163 Views)

Butchery Meat Processing And Packaging Consultant Nigeria / Nigeria Best Sausages Maker And Meat Processing Consultant Samuel / Nigeria Meat Processing Consultant Samuel Moronfade Tel. 08020685390 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Lessons I've Learned As A Sales & Marketing Consultant by scotz101(m): 11:40am On May 19, 2023
My online journey started in 2019 and most of it back then was figuring out where I wanted to be in the online space.

Due to jumping from one shiny object syndrome to the other and from one mentor to the other it took forever to figure out where I really wanted to be.

It wasn't until 2021 that I started to Lazer focus into sales and marketing and I started to figure out where I wanted to be.

In those times and till date, I've learnt alot of lessons. Here are top 5 I'd love to share with you today:

1️⃣ Get A Job

Struggling is part of the game.

When you're just starting out you are definitely going to have a lot of difficulties figuring out where you want to be and you will definitely not be able to sustain yourself during that period.

Getting a job is important especially if you cannot rely on your family.

When I started out I had to move out of my parents house and it was very difficult for me until I got a job.

My job helped me relax, pay the bills, feed and be able to focus on my brand at the same time.

So when I tried things and they failed, I wasn't too perplexed. I just needed to work on a better plan and try again.

So if you are still in school or still under your parents then this point might not really apply to you as you can focus your entire time on building your brand and you wouldn't have to work at a job.

2️⃣ Make Noise Or Go Broke

You may have the best product in the world but if nobody knows about it you are not going to sell a single unit.

While browsing through the streets of Facebook yesterday, I came across the picture of a boy who had won 7 different awards but was presently working as a mechanic and nobody knew him while Hilda ( the Nigerian chef who just set the Guinness world records for cooking 100 hours) was celebrated nationwide for her recent achievement.

And while the poster was lamenting that the boy was not being celebrated, someone commented brilliantly, stating that the reason nobody knew him was because the boy did not blow his trumpet.

This led me to a little-known comparison in the Bible between the wise King and the wise old man. The wise King (king Solomon) was known and celebrated worldwide for almost every single achievement he did. He wrote several books which were published in the Bible and the other works which are published in Jewish literature.

The old man however saved a city from impending invasion using his wisdom however his name was never written in the Bible nor was he celebrated or rewarded for that achievement.

It's the same thing happening with most of us while we have very good products we have no idea how to blow our trumpet and get people to notice and buy from us.

The fastest way to change this is to have a personal brand which is niched down to a specific type of person.

Remember no matter how good your product is if no one knows about it, it ain't going to sell.

3️⃣ When You Find What Works, Milk It

Several times you will come across a formula that works and when you do you should stay there and milk it.

Don't jump to the next shiny object simply because it seems another person is making more money than you.

When I started selling Google My Business Trainings, I tried several different ways of selling my services and products and it took me five months to find a method that worked.

When I finally found it, I milked it completely. As of today over 3500 people have passed through my trainings where I have taught in 25 + WhatsApp groups and YouTube webinars.

So when you find that method/ system that works for you milk it completely.

4️⃣ You Can't Scale Without Structure

This is an ongoing battle for me. I recently started learning about structure and trying to see how to implement it in my business.

Truth is without structure you are simply a hustler or to put it another way without structure you are simply self-employed.

Structure here includes ;

✅ Registering your business name
✅ Getting a business website
✅ Getting a business bank account
✅ Setting aside a certain part of your income for business expenses ,
✅ Developing a proven framework for getting clients, onboarding, retaining and using clients for referrals.
✅ Getting employees or delegating tasks

Without these you are simply self employed and cannot scale easily.

5️⃣ You Can't Make Money Without Products

This should probably be number one.

So many people are broke simply because they do not have in products.

Simply put they have so much knowledge but they have not "productised" it and so people cannot pay them for the solutions they give.

To turn your services or knowledge into a product you simply have to understand who is the best person that needs such knowledge or service and what is a transformation they stand to gain from that knowledge or service.

Lastly you have to package it by giving it a catchy name and add bonuses that help the end-user gain more value from it thereby making it irresistible.

_________&____
These are the five things I've learnt in my few years as a sales and marketing consultant and I hope this helps someone.

I'm Sean &
I'm Always Rooting For You 🥁🥁

Connect With Me [url] https://seanbalogunsamy.com/blog/me [/url]

Https:///Sean93

Re: Top 5 Lessons I've Learned As A Sales & Marketing Consultant by UcheKingsley1: 11:51am On May 19, 2023
Good one, keep It up.
What's your area of expert? Online sales and marketing is a broad career.
Re: Top 5 Lessons I've Learned As A Sales & Marketing Consultant by scotz101(m): 5:34pm On May 19, 2023
UcheKingsley1:
Good one, keep It up.
What's your area of expert? Online sales and marketing is a broad career.

I'm into media buying with Facebook, YouTube & Native ads as well as Sales funnel building, and thank you

(1) (Reply)

WE BUY PI Π At Sweet Rate / Ago Trucking Allocation For Sale @155/litre. / Free Mini Importation Buisness Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.