Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name (49276 Views)

Innocent Man Who Spent 12 Years In Prison, Gets Called To The Nigerian Bar / Tunde T Dot: Tunde Dumps Styl Plus, Goes Solo With New Name / 'My New Name Is Chibuike' - John Dumelo Reacts To Super Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Ilaje1: 3:04pm On May 20, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Don't go against a man with grace because you will be disgraced. Peter Obi is God sent

Nonsense. How's Obi related to this? Which god send Obi because God didn't send anyone. God don't send a liar. Seun ought to have bee arrested for a long time. Bringing out a gun and he had squabble with someone is illegal. It has nothing to do with lying messiah.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Passionnn: 3:13pm On May 20, 2023
Agbadocassava:
Some headless mobs will still somehow drag Tinubu’s name to dis…
You are doubtlessly the leader of the headless mob.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by simplesearch: 3:19pm On May 20, 2023
God has a way of attracting, sometimes even In a vigorous manner those he love. The police and inmates may not understand what could happened to him spiritual within those few days, like Paul on his way to Damascus. When God sees you truly are yet to get the possible encounter with him to warrant your surrenderedness, he'll provide such opportunity even if it's once in your life time before you die, so that no man who go to hell will claim not have a chance at all to repent and beleive in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Just like Abiola and perhaps Gani Fawehinmi, your religious affiliation can't stop Jesus from acquainting you with him as the only way to God. Wether you'll let your will or the blindness occasion by religion to such privileged reality is another thing.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2023
Prison only make u go more wild, no be those pikin wey dey go jail. Those one dey fan boss for prison.

Fela talk am say "when i dey inside prison, i dey for inside world; when i dey ouside prison, i dey for out side word. Na craze world dey outside. The bigest crime,fraud,killing,unknown soldier,unknown police, unknown gun men, boko haram,heards men. Hahaaan.

For the wise, prison dey teach dem life, in real time.

Anybody fit go jail, dem no create am for some set of people. Former Nigerian President go jail o, so no capping

caesymore:
Boom dig_it!!

I'm always consciously avoid getting arrested and that's why I don't indulge in deviant activities the Weed wey I dey smoke by hanging that year wey we never get our own house I dey always carry immediate settlement money for pocket incase.

Prison go humble you that compelled humility alone is enough to make any sane being desist from crime, Nigerian prison no be your mate.

1 Like

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2023
We dey watch the tribunal for HD

Mrfixiit:
Don't go against a man with grace because you will be disgraced. Peter Obi is God sent
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2023
So for the new world wey we dey now, only Christians re allowed to hold/read the bible?

illicit:
I doubt if he is a Christian

They could have made him chief priest instead

After all his father was a chief priest in the Old Afrika shrine

cool
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 3:34pm On May 20, 2023
You just dey hate.... no fams Fela, we know where una stand.

YoungLionken:
Nigerian prison will humble you, lol!!

I know he would start feeling like, he's following his father's footsteps. But no dawg! You ain't shi!!

You're a brute, your father (baba mi egba!), wasn't..

The only good thing is, those inmates would enjoy his company and have their hopes revamped, considering a celeb in their midst, chilling...
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 3:38pm On May 20, 2023
After una talk una mind finish, una go xum remember say police be dis and dat.

If em car don dey lagoon now, na RIP una go write, move on.

Police don arrest am, wetin una want again?

Nazgul:
This is why as a person, you must think of the consequences of your actions before you act.

You hit a policeman's car, came out of your car and slapped him for an offence you committed...who does that?

I'm not a fan of the Nigerian police cos I've been a victim of their brutality in the past, but Seun's action was way overboard.

No doubt, this incident would not only humble him, but would make him watch his public and social media utterances.

Meanwhile he should enjoy his GO status...and who knows God might just use this incident to call him into the ministry.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by mayDtolu(m): 3:41pm On May 20, 2023
Nazgul:
This is why as a person, you must think of the consequences of your actions before you act.

You hit a policeman's car, came out of your car and slapped him for an offence you committed...who does that?

I'm not a fan of the Nigerian police cos I've been a victim of their brutality in the past, but Seun's action was way overboard.

No doubt, this incident would not only humble him, but would make him watch his public and social media utterances.

Meanwhile he should enjoy his GO status...and who knows God might just use this incident to call him into the ministry.

You have been a victim of police in the past but you still believe in what they told the public Seun did??

Broo! Don’t you know Police are so good in overturning a case and make the innocent look like the victim especially when there is no clear evidence?

In short, Police lie a lot.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by NamelessOGBENI(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2023
But senior man say hin no believe again abi atheist don dey fox holes again.

Na true say confinement dey make many men philosophical, introspection don hit abobi.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Morphinne: 3:51pm On May 20, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You're sounding senseless
Yes my dear, like your father
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by illicit(m): 4:00pm On May 20, 2023
shonepa:
So for the new world wey we dey now, only Christians re allowed to hold/read the bible?

Read again

They said he not only carries the Bible, he led prayer sessions and they call him G.O

Is that what a pagan or atheist does
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Becomrichn: 4:18pm On May 20, 2023
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Ohraykon: 4:23pm On May 20, 2023
Nazgul:

You're mentally retarded...didn't you read where I said I've been victim of police brutality in the past, or your low mental capacity didn't make you see it. Please don't quote me with your stupidity. I don't have that strength to school idiots
sharap you are a liar, we know your type using reverse psychology so we can be slaves for your government oppressive tool. To hell with you and your demonic police. Where was this defence of yours when the police shot that female lawyer and other victims, even the recent bike man? Dem slap police una dey masturbate everywhere!!!
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by TheZooHasFalln: 5:20pm On May 20, 2023
Okealaaye:

May you and your children be endowed with the same measure and the type of grace that Peter Obi has, Amen. I wonder why a reasonable person would wake up early in the morning and lay a curse on himself and his generations, instead of drawing from the Divine Grace and Mercies that abound in The Jagaban Asiwaju Mazi Ikemefuna Bola Ahmed Tinubu! Who no know say that porsin de think say e de heaven when na hell e dey?
You we're not referring to me but I claim your prayer. And I also pray for you that such grace that Peter Obi carries will forever elude you and your generations.... I hope you say Amen too.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 20, 2023
TheZooHasFalln:
You we're not referring to me but I claim your prayer. And I also pray for you that such grace that Peter Obi carries will forever elude you and your generations.... I hope you say Amen too.

Amen, Amin, Ase! May I and my children and children's children not encounter the type of passion that rules Peter Obi's life and the type of Destiny he carries, Amen, Ami, Ase.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by damoobaba: 5:28pm On May 20, 2023
YoungLionken:
Nigerian prison will humble you, lol!!

I know he would start feeling like, he's following his father's footsteps. But no dawg! You ain't shi!!

You're a brute, your father (baba mi egba!), wasn't..

The only good thing is, those inmates would enjoy his company and have their hopes revamped, considering a celeb in their midst, chilling...

CELE what? They'll MILK HIM DRY. Nigerian police and Nigerian Government would have been waiting for a day like this. Even Fela who' wass loved by all saw hell in police detention. Strong head has made him SLAP A POLICE OFFICER. To show that his village people have gotten him, Police now said the person he slapped has entered coma, WHICH TYPE OF SLAP CAN MAKE SOMEONE YOU SLAPPED TO ENTER COMA DAYS AFTER RECEIVING THE SLAP calmly without problems.

1 Like

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by damoobaba: 5:31pm On May 20, 2023
SamOchuko:

Na really Vanguard post this thing or na cloned account? If na Vanguard then they gat up their game.

Up their game after how many years of Journalism.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by isabi2lof: 5:36pm On May 20, 2023
Prison na your mate cheesy
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Karemarealty288(m): 5:37pm On May 20, 2023
See the other one that called herself Blessing CEO.....prison is not your mate.

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Chucks13: 6:01pm On May 20, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You lack intelligence so I will not banter words with you

I only asked to tell us the name of that god that chosen someone was beaten blue black.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Chucks13: 6:03pm On May 20, 2023
Karemarealty288:
See the other one that called herself Blessing CEO.....prison is not your mate.

Bro come make Blessing CEO come dey bend one side shey na prison come reset her mouth to drop-jaw-mode or what?
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Christistruth03: 6:43pm On May 20, 2023
God has really pampered some People in Nigeria
One and a half days without eating

Is that one a hunger Strike?
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Mrfixiit: 7:43pm On May 20, 2023
Chucks13:

I only asked to tell us the name of that god that chosen someone was beaten blue black.
Fix your English first before asking me silly question
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 8:06pm On May 20, 2023
U no even reason the humour behind it....they said, who said?

Na comedy central we dey

illicit:

Read again

They said he not only carries the Bible, he led prayer sessions and they call him G.O

Is that what a pagan or atheist does
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by tunjilana: 9:06pm On May 20, 2023
caesymore:
Boom dig_it!!

I'm always consciously avoid getting arrested and that's why I don't indulge in deviant activities the Weed wey I dey smoke by hanging that year wey we never get our own house I dey always carry immediate settlement money for pocket incase.

Prison go humble you that compelled humility alone is enough to make any sane being desist from crime, Nigerian prison no be your mate.

Perhaps the spirit of his ancestor....The late Rev Kuti....came upon him

1 Like

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by franvincoop: 9:18pm On May 20, 2023
B4 i believe this story, OP abeg tell me wetin be the name of the former General Overseer?
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by 7arrows: 12:42am On May 21, 2023
Nazgul:

Seun has anger issues. Fact.
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by 7arrows: 12:44am On May 21, 2023
Natbrowny:
SK finally got what he wanted

The RECOGNITION LIKE THE FATHER.

He just dey use police shine. Now he's in d spotlight exactly like his pops. When he's released. New jamz is coming to give him more vibes.

Do u think he has any song in his head to sing.

1 Like

Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by 9jaRealist: 4:40am On May 21, 2023
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by Chucks13: 8:25am On May 21, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Fix your English first before asking me silly question

Leave English out of this and answer my question ok.

You that speak good English pls give us your house address in Lekki or Banana Island?

Who English epp?
Re: 'General Overseer': Seun Kuti Leads Prayer Sessions In Prison, Gets New Name by shonepa(m): 4:34pm On May 21, 2023
Obi wey dey ask for 7 weeks to provide witness, em no know say em go prepare witness before?

Em do like person wey go enta court with solid evidence, claim em manadate.

Baba don enta once chance.

Mrfixiit:
Don't go against a man with grace because you will be disgraced. Peter Obi is God sen, t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Harrysong, His Wife And Their Twin Kids In Adorable Family Photo / Meet The Sexy Adasounds That Stole Oritsefemi’s Heart From Fiancee Blessing Riwa / Wizkid And Chris Brown On The Street Of Los Angeles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.