Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,389 members, 7,812,149 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor (41956 Views)

Mr Macaroni Reacts To Sabinus Winning The AMVCA Award / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by RTID: 2:21pm On May 21, 2023
I like how when it comes to the AMVCA awards, they always ignore Asabawood actors.

I mean, see the winners nah. Can you compare?

Destiny Etiko for one, would have shown up to the award, wearing one Catwoman swimsuit with her signature abortion belt to match, doing live videos in her Prado Jeep shouting;

"This is my sweat. I worked hard to get to where I am today."

Or imagine Zubby Michael receiving an award for the Best Agbero In A Movie, then he comes on stage to shout;

"Ke di ife neme si. Umu otu anokwa eba ehh."

Chizzy Alichi will now tell him to sit down, that he is too local.

Na so fight go start. Destiny will go live again to shout "it's my money, it's my sweat".

54 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Omihanifa: 2:36pm On May 21, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Winner90: 3:08pm On May 21, 2023
AMVCA is not popular. It more of a Lagos social media personalities' award

Unfortunately, none of those in the so called AMVCA is a true nollywood personality. Most of them are social media influenzers doing skits, short videos and African magic movies and soaps as part time. Some are merely hustling ex-multichoice housemates being promoted by the company. They easily mobilise their social media fans to support them.

Did you notice any difference when Nkem owoh and patience ozokwo came to speak? Those are the real nollywood personalities.

You are talking about Chizzi alichi et al because you know them. It means they have made names for themselves without one million naira award. However, that cannot be said of Toby bekere, kunle afolayo that are not known outside their entertainment enclave. That is why they need to amass as many "awards" as possible.

Let Mercy Johnson, Friedrich Leonard, Ruth kadiri, Ebere okaro, Onyinye udeze or even Chinenye Nnebe or Regina Daniel of yesterday visit any African country and see if they won't be "mobbed".

Until I start seeing regular faces I see in ROK1 and 2, and African magic channels, then the award ceremony remains an "Owambe night"

623 Likes 49 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by finallybusy: 4:28pm On May 21, 2023
Abeg, those lokitos have their own award shows. AMVCA is about class and distinction. How will a movie shot in two weeks with a two hundred thousand Naira budget compete with those crafted from multimillions of Naira? Is it a short film to begin with? New Nollywood appeals more to our growing middle class and foreigners of other races. Nkem Owoh and Patience Ozokwor are still regarded because the adults of today enjoyed their movies as children. Gen Zs don't know them from Adam. Wait for Generation Alpha to hit adulthood, those names will fade into oblivion including Omotola and Genevieve.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by PoloG: 6:16pm On May 21, 2023
We don't watch unpleasant asabawood movies here in the SW

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by FunkFlex: 7:00pm On May 21, 2023
Which one be Asabawood again? grin
Inside Nigeria we get Asabawood, Nollywood, Kannywood. I wonder how many woods dey for America. Una go just dey use una hands dey create divisions for this country.

205 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Dialpad: 7:01pm On May 21, 2023
Who are asabawood

12 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by miniziter(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2023
Asabagedu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Orathird: 7:01pm On May 21, 2023
I hope you won too?

Facing camera is not a joke. One day, that Asabawood will create blockbuster. Every little opportunity, you want to bring tribalism. Tufikwa.

There is no need to talk them down like that. If they give you script, you won’t do anything. They have they target audience and they are delivering contents they like.

They are people that don’t even watch anything Nollywood.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by crestedaguiyi: 7:02pm On May 21, 2023
Nonsense .

What is asabawood.

Hope you are not insane

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by GoodCane: 7:02pm On May 21, 2023
Damn!

Ain't no fan of Nigerian Nollywood . Only pussy ass niggars watch Nollywood.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Sonnobax15(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2023
grin
You mean those movies wey their actors and actresses no dey earn pass like 5k each?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by iHateFraudsters: 7:02pm On May 21, 2023
?? ¿¿
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Triangles1(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2023
Winner90:

Unfortunately, none of those in the so called AMVCA is a true nollywood personality. Most of them are social media influenzers doing skits, short videos and African magic movies and soaps as part time. Some are merely hustling ex-multichoice housemates being promoted by the company. They easily mobilise their social media fans to support them.
Did you notice any difference when Nkem owoh and patience ozokwo came to speak? Those are the real nollywood personalities.

Until I start seeing regular faces I see in ROK1 and 2, and African magic channels, then the award remains unimportant.

On point.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by iammo(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2023
cool

Viewers choice award

Vote from African viewers and SouthAfrican DSTV African subscribers

You can't call the voters bigot as you labeled Tinubu's supporters because they prefer Lagos to Anambra

No Marginalisation in this as AMVCA has an auditing consultant

It is only this people that would compare

Ikpeazu to Sanwo Olu or El Rufai

Micheal Zubby to Tobi Bakar

Destiny Etiko to Osas ighodaro

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Hambivert: 7:04pm On May 21, 2023
Dear OP, you should have put this your post in the joke section, so that I would have known it was more of a joke than your "opinion".
A wise man once said, "Never make sparogative fun of a friend at the table to please the table". Anyways, I don't know the table you are trying to please, but know that the people you are labeling as "Asabawood" are creatives, financiers and employers, who use the little resources available to them to meet the demands of their teeming market.
When I saw the AMVCA's nominees for best online content creators and online video whatever and there was no Sabinus, I knew AMVCA were also jokers.
Once again, Dear OP, move this post to joke section.

111 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Thegamingorca(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2023
Asaba don get wood? grin

3 Likes

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by OboOlora(f): 7:04pm On May 21, 2023
They were not just ignored, they were also not considered.
It’s quality over quantity
It’s an award for best performing not number of best movies not how many movies.
You want to compare Nse that shoots 2 quality movies a year with Destiny Etiko that shoots a movie everytime she sees her period🤣🤣🤣
Those Asaba ones are not in the industry to make award-deserving movies, but hey just want razz people to know them so they can book them for s3x

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by ipobarecriminals: 7:04pm On May 21, 2023
sad
Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by BigDawsNet: 7:05pm On May 21, 2023
Inside One country

We have

Nollywood
Kannywood
Now
Asabawood

Nigerians are just tired of Unity

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Rebuker(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2023

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Evestar200(f): 7:06pm On May 21, 2023
You people will not kill me grin grin grin

That Asaba wood is the reason why most people from some African countries that Nigeria is better than, talked down on us.

Location and Production are nothing to write about

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Basic123: 7:06pm On May 21, 2023
Winner90:

Until I start seeing regular faces I see in ROK1 and 2, and African magic channels, then the award remains unimportant.

Mention the more popular one.

We are talking about class here..

Not all those low budget production that can't grace Netflix page!

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Wealthoptulent(m): 7:06pm On May 21, 2023
cheesy grin all of them are planks together!
Make nollywood rest, dem no dey try

cezarman:

Hello

Please is that image from a movie scene... And do you know the name?
No its not a movie, thats Bermuda Triangle pic.
I dunno if was sculptured outter movie tho

1 Like

Re: I Like How When It Comes To The AMVCA Awards, They Always Ignore Asabawood Actor by Ara21(f): 7:06pm On May 21, 2023
Which one be Asabawood again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2021: Finalists Making It To The Jungle To Be Known Today / Sammie: Whitemoney Will Win BBNaija 2021 (Season 6) / TSTV Is Back! Here Is TSTV Sassy Decoder Price And Sales Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.