Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) (60968 Views)

A Look At 2019 Armoured Mercedes-Maybach S560,Official Car Of President Buhari / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car / Range Rover Goes Up In Flames Near Third Mainland In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by nedekid: 6:16pm On May 22, 2023
How can this car be 70m?
Atleast $200k
Shipping $2000
Clearing, not less than ₦20m-50m
You are looking at atleast ₦200m for a car like that.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by finallybusy: 6:18pm On May 22, 2023
Whoever bought it can buy another. Not news in any way. My friend taught me how Caucasian billionaires live. I’m on a different plane of reasoning from my countrymen.

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Holybaddo: 6:20pm On May 22, 2023
lekkicctv:
kiss
Think Safety First and ALWAYS

#SecurityMonday
I love it bro how much is it
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by timefarm(m): 6:23pm On May 22, 2023
How many weeks ago, this has happened.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by YemyTemmy: 6:29pm On May 22, 2023
U will be shocked to know that the owner may not have comprehensive insurance
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by crisubanijunior(m): 6:32pm On May 22, 2023
TRASH!!! He can afford 70m to buy a car but cant afford to buy a fire extinguisher. am pretty sure if he had an extinguisher, that wouldnt have been the case in this story

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by IamtheTruth1(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2023
Bvlgari:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rq8M-P7lJU

70million Naira Mercedes maybach goes up in flames

For have millions to purchase a vehicle but do not have thousands for fire extinguishers
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by TrelloDave: 6:34pm On May 22, 2023
Okay
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by eroticecstasy: 6:41pm On May 22, 2023
lekkicctv:
kiss
Think Safety First and ALWAYS

#SecurityMonday

Tell me more about the cam
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Reference(m): 6:41pm On May 22, 2023
I have often wondered why modern automobiles do not have in built in automatic fire suppressing systems in the engine bay similar to aircraft engines when this is the flashpoint of almost all automobile fires. I have seen a few after market systems that I have considered installing but nothing standard enough to risk.

You will think that top end vehicles bearing engines costing tens of thousands of dollars will have built in devices to protect the vehicle itself and the occupants in the event of accidents or incidents that lead to fires and possible deaths. There is not even a single vehicle out there that I know that has a fire detection system to alert the driver of a breakout until it is visible at which point it may already be late to save the car.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Brownshoe: 6:42pm On May 22, 2023
mortalincarnate:
Too bad
see your office, u go sabi do.

Anyway ur signature speaks, are you a Grail message believer.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:53pm On May 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:
on a serious note, a large number of nigerians do NOT insure their cars. or anything else for that matter. even those who have money.

Is that really common among everyone there, not just my people? I didn’t know that insurance wasn’t a major priority until my father bought a new vehicle and decided to ship his Toyota Sequoia to family back in Naija. The truck was in great condition had less than 75,000 miles on it and could’ve fetched a pretty penny here but one of the elders in our family had health problems and reliable transportation with AC was needed. My uncle supplied and sent the money to insure the vehicle and asked that proof be sent back to him and after a few weeks, he received documentation. Both my dad and uncle continued to send money for gas, insurance, and maintenance. When my uncle went back to visit for a month, he learned that a few months after the vehicle had arrived, a family member started using it for Uber or Lyft and shortly after that, the vehicle was wrecked and the family member claimed the insurance company was ignoring him about the claim. When my uncle (who had been sending money to pay insurance for over a year went to intervene), he was informed that the documents he was sent were forged and that insurance was never secured. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 At the least, they would’ve had a few thousand dollars to buy a dependable car. The worst of it is that they kept accepting the money my uncle sent even after the truck was junked and didn’t bother telling anyone.
When my baby cousin moved to the states, I gave her my old Honda Civic and she takes care of it almost better than I did when it was a brand new car. I wish my dad would’ve kept his truck for someone like her.😔

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by jaxxy(m): 6:54pm On May 22, 2023
maybach with no fire extinguisher is that one Maybach? undecided
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by lovegino112: 6:58pm On May 22, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Hmmmm

Normally I dey fear benz

But now na my fear for benz don increase

Lexus sure me die
I just wan gree say u don ready 4 koti cheesy
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Blackdisciple(m): 6:58pm On May 22, 2023
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed

The owner must have flouted One of the Rules. The customised plate number speaks volumes...If you know you know.

You mean he is a Bushman!!! undecided
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 6:58pm On May 22, 2023
Reference:
I have often wondered why modern automobiles do not have in built in automatic fire suppressing systems in the engine bay similar to aircraft engines when this is the flashpoint of almost all automobile fires. I have seen a few after market systems that I have considered installing but nothing standard enough to risk.

You will think that top end vehicles bearing engines costing tens of thousands of dollars will have built in devices to protect the vehicle itself and the occupants in the event of accidents or incidents that lead to fires and possible deaths. There is not even a single vehicle out there that I know that has a fire detection system to alert the driver of a breakout until it is visible at which point it may already be late to save the car.

Doing a bit of research, most come equipped with safety features to prevent these things from happening but many of the cars you see there were in serious accidents in other countries and deemed total losses before being repaired and exported to Nigeria. While the repairs to the bodywork can be impeccable, the damages and necessary repairs to the safety features are ignored which is why it’s not unusual for them to catch fire or have things like airbag failures during accidents.
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Blackdisciple(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2023
I can only say hmm!!!
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by GloriousGbola: 7:00pm On May 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Is that really common among everyone ther? I didn’t know that it wasn’t a major priority until my father bought a new vehicle and decided to ship his Toyota Sequoia to family back in Naija. The truck was in great condition had less than 75,000 miles on it and could’ve fetched a pretty penny here but one of the elders in our family had health problems and reliable transportation with AC was needed. My uncle supplied and sent the money needed to insure the vehicle and asked that proof be sent back to him and after a few weeks, he received documentation. Both my dad and uncle continued to send money for gas and maintenance. When my uncle went back to visit for a month, he learned that a few months after the vehicle had arrived, a family member started using it for Uber or Lyft and shortly after that, the vehicle was totaled and the family member claimed the insurance company was ignoring him about the claim. When my uncle who had been sending money to pay insurance for over a year went to intervene, he was informed that the documents he was sent were forged and that insurance was never secured. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 At the least, they would’ve had a few thousand dollars to buy a dependable car.
When my baby cousin moved to the states, I gave her my old Honda Civic and she takes care of it almost better than I did when it was a brand new car. I wish my dad would’ve kept his truck for someone like her.

It is very very very common. I worked in a company where we got discounts on insurance and even then, I know of different colleagues who would not bother. You would always find out when you heard of their accident where the car was totaled. OK sorry about that. Hope insurance came through - at which point you would hear no insurance.

We hear it all the time. Supermarket burnt down. No insurance. Car lot burnt down. No insurance.

And this is not a poor thing. Well a mental poverty thing. Like one of my colleagues who literally did not bother to get wipers for his ride. He was telling me about how he had to use a rag on his windscreen when he got caught in the rain.

Edit - I am assuming by my people you mean igbos. Not gonna lie, the average igbo sees insurance as a complete waste of money that can better be used for business.

4 Likes

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by emperor4love(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2023
Upgraded car
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Counterfeit: 7:08pm On May 22, 2023
Guess it's one of them converted cars. Right hand to left hand Mercedes V booth 1988 models
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:09pm On May 22, 2023
GloriousGbola:

It is very very very common. I worked in a company where we got discounts on insurance and even then, I know of different colleagues who would not bother. You would always find out when you heard of their accident where the car was totaled. OK sorry about that. Hope insurance came through - at which point you would hear no insurance.

We hear it all the time. Supermarket burnt down. No insurance. Car lot burnt down. No insurance.

And this is not a poor thing. Well a mental poverty thing. Like one of my colleagues who literally did not bother to get wipers for his ride. He was telling me about how he had to use a rag on his windscreen when he got caught in the rain.

I believe your phrase is true about it being a mental poverty thing.
Maybe Nigerians don’t know that one of the ways people, especially Oyinbo, here in the West get wealth is through insurance. It’s not very hard to over-insure a dwelling or property because things slip by underwriters often and nobody catches it as long as the premiums are paid. Next thing you hear, there’s a big fire and the property or dwelling is burned to the ground and pretty soon, the owner receives a check for three to ten times what he initially invested in the property.
As for your colleague, are you really telling me that he fathered using a rag on his windscreen in the rain, which is very dangerous, than just buy wipers? 😵‍💫

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by bewla(m): 7:14pm On May 22, 2023
Redoil:
vanity upon vanity all is vanity

70 million naira indeed
And you call this motor

Just arrange small car and spen the remaining on woman and shayo

1 Like

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by GloriousGbola: 7:14pm On May 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

I believe your phrase is true about it being a mental poverty thing.
Maybe Nigerians don’t know that one of the ways people, especially Oyinbo, here in the West get wealth is through insurance. It’s not very hard to over-insure a dwelling or property because things slip by underwriters often and nobody catches it as long as the premiums are paid. Next thing you hear, there’s a big fire and the property or dwelling is burned to the ground and pretty soon, the owner receives a check for three to ten times what he initially invested in the property.
As for your colleague, are you really telling me that he fathered using a rag on his windscreen in the rain, which is very dangerous, than just buy wipers? 😵‍💫

I will just say most of us don't like to think or plan that far ahead. Nah, I'm sure I won't have a flat tire. I'm sure I won't be caught in the rain. No way my battery can go flat. And if any of those happen I will just rough it.

4 Likes

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by isahsalee: 7:17pm On May 22, 2023
Insurance covered!!!!!
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by ofuonyebi: 7:21pm On May 22, 2023
men money don pafuka for fire..
lesson; VANITY UPON VANITY
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Reference(m): 7:29pm On May 22, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Doing a bit of research, most come equipped with safety features to prevent these things from happening but many of the cars you see there were in serious accidents in other countries and deemed total losses before being repaired and exported to Nigeria. While the repairs to the bodywork can be impeccable, the damages and necessary repairs to the safety features are ignored which is why it’s not unusual for them to catch fire or have things like airbag failures during accidents.

Yes, I know this.
Almost all used cars have issues of unserviceability to varying degrees, some bordering on life and personal injury but the issue I have concerning fires is why automobiles in general do not have built in fire fighting systems. I just feel it is something completely overlooked, perhaps a statistic that is so insignificant that it doesn't matter in western countries but when cars alight most times it is unsurvivable.

This case above involving the 'Maybach' is perhaps one of self combustion due to faults but in cases of accidents where the occupant(s) are incapacitated and there is not a chance of making a bee line for the trunk to retrieve what amounts to a domestic extinguisher then chances of lives and property lost are almost 100 percent.

I just wonder that manufacturers spend billions researching safety as far as collisions are concerned with airbag tech, ABS, lane departure, and all the gizmos, but even with 100,000 dollar +, top of the line badges you are left to the mercy of a 20 dollar extinguisher in your trunk that you will probably never reach in a serious accident.

When I remembered what happened to Paul Walker of the 'Fast & Furious' franchise and the fact that no one noted the need for automatic fire suppression systems for engine bays and fuel tanks, devices that are as simple as airbags and tire reflation systems then there is something fundamentally wrong.

A Maybach should not go up in flames just like that. There is too much tech and too much luxury for such a simple safety device to be overlooked.

5 Likes

Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Father4all: 7:29pm On May 22, 2023
Village and envious people
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by Nellybest2022(f): 7:31pm On May 22, 2023
70 million naira a naa!!!
Re: ₦70M Mercedes Maybach Goes Up In Flames (Pictures, Video) by SkyFi: 7:39pm On May 22, 2023
CVwriter:
See as money dey burn.... It is well.

Anyway check below of you need help with your CV/Resume, cover letter and statement of purpose/personal statement.

Bro find another side hustle, A.I/ChatGpt will do all these in seconds, unless your clients are dull and not aware of happenings.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / BMW 750li: The Official Car Of Nigeria's Inspector General / 2016 Mercedes Benz S550: Review Of Dr. Bukola Saraki's Official Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.