Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact (21160 Views)

NCC To Prosecute Telemarketers Illegally Accessing Phone Numbers / New Ways of Scammers and How I Was Almost Duped In Ikorodu Today / New Ways Scammers Defraud ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Adeyemiwrites(f): 10:51am On May 22, 2023
Hello everyone I'm a new nairalander and I am here to share topics and bring solution to most things you find difficult..Today we will be talking about loan apps embarrassment...
Some loan apps have done a lot of damage than good as people are seeking to stop loan apps from accessing, calling, and texting their contacts in Android and iOS iPhone.

Most of these loan sharks are not registered with the government, so this gives them room to just behave anyhow, because they know that nobody will check them.

Some of these loan companies go as far as calling you name that disvalues your person as an individual as often, and I wonder if these lenders aren’t the ones that come begging you to take loans from them.
After the submission of your bio-data and credentials to these fake loan apps, your address of residence, place of work details and other financial histories are stored in their database.

These details of yours can be used later for your harassment when you cannot repay your borrowed loan.

Today in this article, you’ll learn to block, and prevent loan apps from accessing and calling your contacts..

Here are ways to prevent this:
Online loan apps gain access to your contacts when you grant them access to read them.

These loan apps access your phone contacts at the initial stage of your application.

These are the best ways to stop loan apps from calling and sending messages to your contacts.

1. Block Access

When you download an app, your first-time usage of the app may ask for certain permissions from your phone.

These permissions could be access to your contacts, messages, camera, etc.

Many people give these permissions to use the services the app is offering.
Now, for loan apps, once you’ve granted these permissions and you’ve gotten your loan, go into your phone settings and disable remove these permissions.

Only when you default, the loan companies go to the app to retrieve your phone contacts if the permissions are still granted.

But once you turn it off and don’t open the app again, they won’t have it.

They will threaten to send messages, but believe me, they can’t.

To stop a loan app from sending messages to your contacts, don’t give them access.

Don’t agree to allow them to read your contacts.

And if they do, just follow these steps:

Go to your Settings on your Android or iOS device.
Navigate to the Apps Manager.
Click on Apps permission.
Select the loan app in question.
Now, deny or allow them access.

Final Words
Once you grant permission for the first time to any loan app, all the information they need about you is stored.

If you are indebted to any of those illegal loan platforms, and you are afraid of defamatory messages to your contacts, go to settings in your phone, click on app and notifications.

Scroll down to app permission and deny them access to your contacts, SMS, photo gallery and storages on your phone.

They won’t be able to reach out to your contacts anymore or post your pictures.

They would only have your number and have only you to deal with.

Finally, ensure to only borrow only what you can pay.

Follow for more contents..My name is Adeyemiwrites..Thank you

3 Likes

Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Ojimmu95: 11:04am On May 22, 2023
Adeyemiwrites:
Hello everyone I'm a new nairalander and I am here to share topics and bring solution to most things you find difficult..Today we will be talking about loan apps embarrassment...
Some loan apps have done a lot of damage than good as people are seeking to stop loan apps from accessing, calling, and texting their contacts in Android and iOS iPhone.

Most of these loan sharks are not registered with the government, so this gives them room to just behave anyhow, because they know that nobody will check them.

Some of these loan companies go as far as calling you name that disvalues your person as an individual as often, and I wonder if these lenders aren’t the ones that come begging you to take loans from them.
After the submission of your bio-data and credentials to these fake loan apps, your address of residence, place of work details and other financial histories are stored in their database.

These details of yours can be used later for your harassment when you cannot repay your borrowed loan.

Today in this article, you’ll learn to block, and prevent loan apps from accessing and calling your contacts..

Online loan apps gain access to your contacts when you grant them access to read them.

These loan apps access your phone contacts at the initial stage of your application.

These are the best ways to stop loan apps from calling and sending messages to your contacts.

1. Block Access

When you download an app, your first-time usage of the app may ask for certain permissions from your phone.

Now, for loan apps, once you’ve granted these permissions and you’ve gotten your loan, go into your phone settings and disable remove these permissions.

Only when you default, the loan companies go to the app to retrieve your phone contacts if the permissions are still granted.

To stop a loan app from sending messages to your contacts, don’t give them access.

Final Words
Once you grant permission for the first time to any loan app, all the information they need about you is stored.

If you are indebted to any of those illegal loan platforms, and you are afraid of defamatory messages to your contacts, go to settings in your phone, click on app and notifications.

Scroll down to app permission and deny them access to your contacts, SMS, photo gallery and storages on your phone.

My phone doesn't have those features you listed sir
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by riverbird: 11:05am On May 22, 2023
Medicine after death undecided
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Adeyemiwrites(f): 11:29am On May 22, 2023
Apps permission is inbuilt in every mobile devices.just go to settings and click on Installed apps ,then click on the particular loan app and deny all access..

Also What type of mobile phone are you using ? So I can guide you step my step on this.
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Adeyemiwrites(f): 11:30am On May 22, 2023
riverbird:
riverbird:
sorry about that
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Adeyemiwrites(f): 11:31am On May 22, 2023
Ojimmu95:

My phone doesn't have those features you listed sir
Apps permission is inbuilt in every mobile devices.just go to settings and click on Installed apps ,then click on the particular loan app and deny all access..

Also What type of mobile phone are you using ? So I can guide you step my step on this.
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by RealityBender(f): 1:35pm On May 22, 2023
Adeyemiwrites:

1. Block Access

Final Words

Or you could just not take loans you don’t intend to pay back! Na wa for Nigerians fa!!

3 Likes

Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:44pm On May 23, 2023
RealityBender:

Or you could just not take loans you don’t intend to pay back! Na wa for Nigerians fa!!
99% of them are thieves from birth! Just like the op who started this topic. Not knowing without those permissions the app won't work and won't give you what it tends to give you.
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Peace4Christ: 8:10am On Mar 06
I use Samsung Galaxy Note 5. And the process required is not the same with this phone product. I need help
Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by Floky215: 3:13pm On Mar 06
NGArmyTerrorist:
99% of them are thieves from birth! Just like the op who started this topic. Not knowing without those permissions the app won't work and won't give you what it tends to give you.

On this matter, everybody is a thief..!!
The loan company who charges 40% interest rate on loan repayable in just seven (7) days are criminal same as the man who collected the loan and refused to pay back....!!!

It's simply a case of a scammer, scamming the scammee. .!!! grin

1 Like

Re: New Ways To Block Loan Apps From Accessing Your Contact by NGArmyTerrorist: 4:19pm On Mar 06
👍 grin
Floky215:

On this matter, everybody is a thief..!!
The loan company who charges 40% interest rate on loan repayable in just seven (7) days are criminal same as the man who collected the loan and refused to pay back....!!!

It's simply a case of a scammer, scamming the scammee. .!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Passenger Kills Motorcycle Rider Over N150 / Suspected Thief Who Pretends To Be Mad, Apprehended While Stealing In Abia State / Man Rapes 5-Year-Old Boy In Kano While On His Way From A Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.