Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,529 members, 7,854,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years (924 Views)

Marc Bola Charged For A Tweet Made 9 Years Ago / How Bet9ja Almost Ruined My Life / How Bet9ja Scam Me With Super9ja Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by childofdoom1(m): 7:41pm On May 24, 2023
My name is Adesina Peters (Pseudonym) from Edo State. I am a recuperating Bet9ja addict. I have felt the adverse effects of plunging into Bet9ja punting addiction. From dog/horse race, to colour (lotto), to dice and then to the demon of all, baby (virtual). Roughly 8 million naira has gone down the drain. I have hurt so many people in the process of playing bet with their money. I spilled over for two years in University of Benin, sold my properties and lost the trust of those I worked with at different times.

I can still remember vividly how it all started. It was December 2015. I had just left the school hostel (my biggest mistake), to stay off campus. I wanted to be independent. This was the period I was preparing for my final examinations. I was shuffling between part-time teaching (to support myself) and schooling.

One fateful day, I was strolling around, looking for where to watch football in my new neighborhood. I was a die-hard fan of Liverpool. Then I saw a tall lanky guy on Manchester United jersey. Our conversation was as follows:

"Bros, abeg where dem dey show ball around here?"

"Check that Bet9ja shop for that upstairs. People dey watch ball free there"

"Thank you" I replied enthusiastically and went up to view our game.

Check my signature for more updates

2 Likes

Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by donbachi(m): 7:44pm On May 24, 2023
"check my signature for more updates"
For affliction you brought upon yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by childofdoom1(m): 11:42pm On May 26, 2023
SCHOOL FEES GONE

The thoughts of betting with the money sent for my fees entered my mind after climbing up. I saw people celebrating 'quick wins', while others cursing and swearing after one game cut their ticket.

I was modest going into the higher institution at first. I wasn't happy with my poor status that was why I decided to try out alabi (popular name of the guy renowned for betshops. He established nairabet). I wanted to live large like other campus guys.

I probably didn't yield to mumsi's advice. she didn't have enough but did not joke with school fees. she sold some wrappers to raise 45k (I inflated what was needed) for the fees.

I took three games of over 1.5, hoping to get double the amount . unfortunately, Arsenal spoilt everything as their game ended 1-0 . God punish Giroud. he missed a lot of goals

A week to the exams, I became restless. I had to cook up a story to get more money from mama. I told her the money was stolen. After much plea, she rushed to a money lender to borrow money

No way was i paying the fees and then let the former 45k loss, I said to myself. i decided to try something different. Some one introduced me to virtual (a.k.a ritual) soccer on bet9ja. he said it had the fastest payout. That was the beginning of the end.

I should have read the signs as i saw people lying hopeless on a torn upholstery. They looked unkempt. I heard one say: '' omo virtual don kill me. Nor be sheet, i go chop am make things better.'

That was in reference to people going all out for ritual money. I lost the money too.

Everyone's fate was different. My exam was soon to begin, so i had to do something quickly. I asked the attendant to load his account with 30k and asked him to play a 'safe' game. man city 1.55 to beat leceister. Everyone around was dumbstruck at my audacity.

I just acted as if it was nothing. Omo! 70 mins man city 1-0. Just when everyone was celebrating with me, leceister equalised. i was doomed. I played more till i was left with 2k. I left dejected and used the balance as transport fare back home. I wasn't allowed to write the exams

Visit r i b d o . c o m and search for loquacioussinner and view my profile for more on my life or search for this topic on entertainment/sports section there
Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by orohbiro(f): 8:40am On May 27, 2023
I played virtual bet from 2016 to 2019 that was the most miserable years of my existence sine I quit virtual I start adding weight and having rest of mind

2 Likes

Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by childofdoom1(m): 9:44am On May 27, 2023
THE LIES TO GET MONEY FOR BETTING BEGAN

To feed an addiction, be it womanising, betting, drugs etc, one can tell all sorts of lies. We end up hurting those we do not plan to hurt. First I lied to my mum that the money was stolen. I made her emotional that education was my life, so she helps out again for me to write my final exams. My dad was nothing to write home about. He was a serial gambler too (though his was on coupon). She successfully sold some wrappers and sent the money. Though I still bet with it. I was able to forge the receipt through a guy that did graphics design but couldn't write all the papers as I was too distracted with bet

Considering I was the secretary in a big society at St. albert Catholic church in UNIBEN, I knew some top lecturers. So, I made it a habit to approach them on Saturdays after meetings or after service on Sundays. The popular story I used was that my family were in financial difficulty and I couldn't finance my project. Nothing less than 10 lecturers came to my aid. Met our President of the society who was the HOD of Optometry then at the office, met Prof Ugwu in English department, Met one in Adult education and distant learning then at the VCs administrative office amongst others. Connection I could have used to get a job after graduation, I used to beg for money, only to gamble

My lack of discipline and proper upbringing showed in the way I bet. I would take 2 odd in virtual and put 20k. At times 50k. To the amazement of people around. The lies continued in my teaching job as well as banking Job. After collating WAEC money of some students under me while I was a Vice Principal, I used about half of it to bet and remitted the rest. And have excuse of how the money was squandered. Then came the bank job from connection that would have changed my life but betting put me in more debt.

I would trade with money to be deposited and then bring up lies to buy time and pay back. Lies like I did operation, my dad being sick, being robbed etc. There were times when losing at bet9ja shop would give me sleepless nights. At a time, I became immune to it. Even If I lost 150k in a day, I just drink over it and find a way to be mischievous again. These are things I look back to in regret though

Follow my tales on r i b d o . c o m and search for loquacioussinner
Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by childofdoom1(m): 3:23pm On May 27, 2023
SELLING OF VALUABLES OR USING THEM AS COLLATERAL

With gamblers, nothing good lasts in our hand. Even if we won and bought cars, phones, laptop, television etc. We would still sell them at a giveaway price to bet. People began to see me as a liability and did not give me items to hold again. I remember once used a cult guy's phone that was on loan in my hand to gamble. Actually I sold it when I needed money and he did not claim it on time. I kept avoiding him till he cut me up with his goons and gave me a beating. Someone settled the matter as o rush to a public place. I agreed to pay off with time. But I fled the town next day. (Later paid him off after a while)

So many things I lost. Sold my mum's phone and up to ten different phones I used from time to time to bet. The painful part is, any amount we are told, we sell. Just to feed our betting addiction. I once sold my big bed, TV , chair, some clothes, obsolete laptop etc 10000 naira. All to play just two virtual games that failed. If only we addicts are wise enough to know these games are programmed and we can not scale through without luck.

You will play a game of 2 odd and at the dying stage of the highlights, they draw. I did this twice and lost it all. The guy near house that bought fairly used items from final year students really jobbed me with cheap purchases. I once bought a new phone and sold it same day . Bought it 50000 naira but sold for only 15000.

After selling my phone, someone lent me a phone so I can keep in touch, I lost it to loan at betshops. Some people at bet9ja shops gave outrageous loans. Like 10k to 15k using your phone, TV or laptop as collateral. You were to pay back before 6pm or forfeit the item. Even the dvd laptop my elder brother gave me out of pity that I had no TV to keep me company went same well.

So many other things numerous to mention were sold. I once stayed with a man that worked in an Oil and gas company. I was hard-working and he liked me. But betting messed me up. I could sell anything sellable from his house to bet. From belt, meat for fridge etc. I had some miserable friends that bought anything

Follow my life on r i b d o . c o m and go through more on this post on entertainment/sports news or go through my profile - loquacioussinner
Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by Flakky26(f): 6:38pm On May 27, 2023
if you have repented from playing bet9ja. i want to challenge you to start preaching to bet addict to repent from it by sharing your own experience.
Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by LIVINGICONREBOR: 6:55pm On May 27, 2023
Childofdoom, I really love these your stories. They always crack me up. Gambling nah your mate??😁
Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by childofdoom1(m): 1:16pm On May 28, 2023
orohbiro:
I played virtual bet from 2016 to 2019 that was the most miserable years of my existence sine I quit virtual I start adding weight and having rest of mind
I swear. Rest of mind and taking care of yourself when you stop

1 Like

Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by Azazael(m): 1:05pm On May 29, 2023
so how is it going... have you stopped? if you have, how? Cause I myself, my story is greatly worse and very complicated compared to yours. Please DM me cause I truly wish to recover from the damning habit I have put myself through
Re: How Bet9ja Showed me Shege in 9 years by childofdoom1(m): 5:55am On May 30, 2023
Azazael:
so how is it going... have you stopped? if you have, how? Cause I myself, my story is greatly worse and very complicated compared to yours. Please DM me cause I truly wish to recover from the damning habit I have put myself through
no real cure per say. I stop and start at different point in time. I do have a wasap group where we motivate ourselves to stop. Message me on pirogee76@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Which Player Do You Tip To Shine In Germany / Mourinho's Class Or Wenger's School. / Not Over 4 Barca :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.