Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,808 members, 7,841,135 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! (185 Views)

Erling Haaland Wins The PFA Men’s Players’ Player Of The Year / Mohamed Salah Crowned FWA Footballer Of The Year For 2022! / Erling Haaland, Borussia Dortmund Squad Arrive In Manchester (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! by verimoore(m): 9:13am On May 26, 2023
Manchester City striker Erling Haaland has been named as the Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year for the 2022-23 season.

Haaland, who joined City from Borussia Dortmund in January, has scored 51 goals in 47 appearances for the club in all competitions. He has also broken the single-season Premier League goal record with 35 goals.

The 22-year-old Norwegian striker won the award by a landslide, receiving 82% of the vote. Arsenal players Bukayo Saka and Martin Odegaard came second and third respectively.

Haaland is the first player to win the FWA award in their first season playing in England since Gianfranco Zola in 1997. He is also the first player to win the award while playing for Manchester City since Vincent Kompany in 2014.

In a statement, Haaland said: "I am very proud to win this award. It is a great honor to be recognized by the Football Writers' Association. I would like to thank my teammates, my coaches, and the fans for their support this season."

Haaland's award caps off a remarkable season for the Norwegian striker. He has helped City to win the Premier League title and reach the Champions League final. He has also been named in the PFA Team of the Year and the UEFA Team of the Year.

Haaland is one of the most exciting young players in the world and his award is a testament to his talent and his achievements this season. He is sure to be a major force in world football for many years to come.

source https://mysoccer.online/2023/05/26/erling-haaland-wins-fwa-footballer-of-the-year-award/
Re: Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! by Alexandersantos(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2023
Pep and his patners in crime(man city players)has successfully turned Epl into farmers league...congrats to him..FULLY DESERVED

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! by FahBuLous: 9:20am On May 26, 2023
Good, thats the only one he will win.. Balon d'or is for the greatest of all time LIONEL ANDRES CUTTICCINI CHUKWUEBUKA ABDULHALHI KOKOETTE BABATUNDE MESSI

2 Likes

Re: Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! by ernesco0816517(m): 9:22am On May 26, 2023
Well deserved 😊

1 Like

Re: Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! by PerfectStranger(m): 10:01am On May 26, 2023
FahBuLous:
Good, thats the only one he will win.. Balon d'or is for the greatest of all time LIONEL ANDRES CUTTICCINI CHUKWUEBUKA ABDULHALHI KOKOETTE BABATUNDE MESSI
All these arsenal fans sef
Re: Erling Haaland Wins FWA Footballer Of The Year Award! by FahBuLous: 10:53am On May 26, 2023
PerfectStranger:

All these arsenal fans sef
If i be arsenal fan, make i die... Do you know me? No, you don't

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All Latest Confirmed Transfers And Transfer Rumours Ahead Of Summer Transfer Win / Real Madrid Register Interest In Chelsea's Kai Havertz - Pulse Sports / Fabrizio Romano Confirms 2 Saudi Clubs Read To Sign Ngolo Kante From Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.