Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,252 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World (2852 Views)

Ten Most Influential Singers In Nigeria 2015 - T.I.N / Jay Z & Beyonce Are Considering This $85 Mln Beverly Hills Mansion (see Photos) / Toni Braxton And Beyonce---who Is The Sexiest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by bovy: 8:57pm On Sep 28, 2011
Simon Cowell has slammed Lady GaGa stating that without seeing her, she is "the most boring singer in the world."
The X Factor USA judge, who has previously admitted that he would have rejected Lady G if she auditioned for one of his talent shows, claims that along with superstars Beyoncé and Katy Perry, GaGa is boring!

http://www./2011/09/simon-cowell-lady-gaga-and-beyonce-are.html#ixzz1ZHMMA9le
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by werepeLeri: 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2011
mtshewww
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by emofine(f): 1:52am On Sep 29, 2011
I'm not a fan of any of those singers mentioned but in the X factor UK he wouldn't miss a chance employing these "boring singers" to perform at the show even so far as awarding them with standing ovations.

Besides his protege Leona Lewis is a walking sedative.

1 Like

Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by BootyOnMe: 2:55am On Sep 29, 2011
We don hia!
Which wan eim sing?
Go and do your own 'boring' singing and make your own millions! kiss
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by TeeJay6(m): 8:46am On Sep 29, 2011
emofine:

I'm not a fan of any of those singers mentioned but in the X factor UK he wouldn't miss a chance employing these "boring singers" to perform at the show even so far as awarding them with standing ovations.

Besides his protege Leona Lewis is a walking sedative.
I think you need to understand the context in which he made the statement; he was saying that these artiste are great for TV and the thing that makes them stand out is their image/display, something you won't notice on radio. He's definitely not saying they are boring, afterall he has always had beyonce on the x-factor and has gone on record to say praise lady gaga several times.
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by babyboy3(m): 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2011
He has yet to produce a singer that has reached that height and when he calls Beyonce boring then what should we call Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson, Alexandra Burke, Joe McElderry and Matt Cardle?

This is same Simon that said Jennifer Hudson is not good enough to win American Idol but she went on to win an Oscar in the musical movie "Dream Girls"
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by emofine(f): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2011
Tee_Jay:

I think you need to understand the context in which he made the statement; he was saying that these artiste are great for TV and the thing that makes them stand out is their image/display, something you won't notice on radio. He's definitely not saying they are boring, afterall he has always had beyonce on the x-factor and has gone on record to say praise lady gaga several times.

Point received smiley
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by Goldieluks: 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
bovy:

Simon Cowell has slammed Lady GaGa stating that without seeing her, she is "the most boring singer in the world."
The X Factor USA judge, who has previously admitted that he would have rejected Lady G if she auditioned for one of his talent shows, claims that along with superstars Beyoncé and Katy Perry, GaGa is boring!

http://www./2011/09/simon-cowell-lady-gaga-and-beyonce-are.html#ixzz1ZHMMA9le

Lady gagoat YES!
But obviously not Beyonce.
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2011
Oh really?

I guess now Beyonce and Lady Gaga will go and commit suicide. Bloody nonsense!!
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by freecocoa(f): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
I'm no fan of Gaga but B isn't anywhere near boring,that man must be a sadist.
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by anonymous6(f): 7:51am On Sep 30, 2011
I think Simon needs to start keeping his opinions to himself or towards his X-factor show where he insults "loser" contestants that want to be stars because when it comes to Beyonce, lady gaga, and katy perry non of them are boring and are far from it, especially Lady gaga the way she acts but her ways are starting to catch up with her because she doesn't shock anybody any more with the way she acts. when it comes to singing gaga & beyonce are good  and katy is just fine when it comes to their vocals, their music is good at times but I'm not a fanatic fans of them but nevertheless simon statement is ridiculous.

@baby boy
"This is same Simon that said Jennifer Hudson is not good enough to win American Idol but she went on to win an Oscar in the musical movie "Dream Girls" "
I agree, sometimes simon words have come back to haunt him, he actually said sorry and congratulated Jennifer hudson on the oprah show that year she was nominated and won the oscar award, simon never expected anything from jennifer hudson.

"Frage: Have you heard from Simon Cowell?

Jennifer Hudson: I recently did the Oprah Show and had him on the screen, all the way from London. He was apologising or whatever, whatever you want to call it. Oprah made him eat his words I guess. He had said I was out of league. But on Oprah he said he was sorry and that he had heard the buzz about me and the movie was amazing. I was sitting there, thinking 'wow'!"

http://www.interview-magazin.eu/j/jennifer_hudson/jennifer_hudson_i_02.html
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by TeeJay6(m): 8:12am On Sep 30, 2011
^^^ but surely Simon cowell is entitled to his own opinion whether right or wrong! if he says listening to lady gaga/beyonce on the radio can be boring then that's his opinion and trust me he won't be the only one to hold such views. He however is not saying they are rubbish acts, or else hw wouldnt have invited both acts to his X-factor programmes over the years,

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2011/09/29/did-simon-cowell-slam-lady-gaga-and-beyonce/
But, according to Radar Online, Simon Cowell has set the record straight with them, and claims he never slammed either singer! A rep for Simon Cowell told the gossip site: “This was completely misreported. It’s the complete opposite in fact,” adding that “Simon is a massive fan of both and he always refers to them as amongst the artists he most admires. He thinks they are two of the most interesting, talented and relevant artists today.”
While Simon’s rep set the record straight, Simon Cowell also had some comments of his own as he told Radar Online that Beyonce is “the biggest star we’ve seen in 20 years; we’re seeing sort of the rise of the super female pop star,” while Lady Gaga he referred to as “having The X Factor” and “a total, utter star.” What do you believe? We know that Simon Cowell can be harsh sometimes, but something tells us that he did not bash either of these two ladies.
[b][/b]
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by thameamead(f): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2011
simon cowell is a joke, this silly man is gay, its an open secret, yet he pays women to act as his girlfriend., he took out a superinjunction when the Sunday Mirror wanted to oust him, he has powerful lawyers so the extent that when a list of people who had superinjuction was revealed on twitter, his entry was taken down by that time thousands of people had seen it but no newspaper is bold enough to print it

this man even thinks Cheryl Cole can sing! non of his x-factor contestants will sell more albums than beyonce or lady Gaga, by the way he paid beyonce £1.5M to sing a duet with Alexandra Burke when Alexandra won, his only sighing sucess is Westlife but he dropped them, they were not original, 90% of thier songs were covers. he's ruined Leona Lewis, she's got a nice voice but he has no time to pay people to write songs fro her, he prefers to be a talent judge. Did you know Alexandra Burke left his record label, the poor girl felt sidelined by him.
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by anonymous6(f): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2011
@Tee Jay
"but surely Simon cowell is entitled to his own opinion whether right or wrong!"

everybody is entitled to their opinion, I am not against him at all stating his opinion but sometimes people need to face the consequences of their opinions at the same time

"
But, according to Radar Online, Simon Cowell has set the record straight with them, and claims he never slammed either singer! A rep for Simon Cowell told the gossip site: “This was completely misreported. It’s the complete opposite in fact,” adding that “Simon is a massive fan of both and he always refers to them as amongst the artists he most admires. He thinks they are two of the most interesting, talented and relevant artists today.”
While Simon’s rep set the record straight, Simon Cowell also had some comments of his own as he told Radar Online that Beyonce is “the biggest star we’ve seen in 20 years; we’re seeing sort of the rise of the super female pop star,” while Lady Gaga he referred to as “having The X Factor” and “a total, utter star.” What do you believe? We know that Simon Cowell can be harsh sometimes, but something tells us that he did not bash either of these two ladies"

well if that is the case who ever reported the story owes Simon a apology as far as I am concerned
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by clemcykul(f): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2011
i really dont care what he thinks about anyone
Re: Simon Cowell Says Lady Gaga And Beyonce Are The Most Boring Singers In The World by TheOnly1: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2015
BootyOnMe:
We don hia!
Which wan eim sing?
Go and do your own 'boring' singing and make your own millions! kiss

He doesn't need to sing to make millions, he judges people that sing and make millions.... #best job ever

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From Music Producer Samklef & Yvonne Iheduru's Traditional Wedding. / Hilarious Pictures From Meek mill vs drake twitter beef / Actress Oge Okoye Shows Tattoo, Flaunts Her Boobs (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.