Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement (1701 Views)

Pls Advice My 10yrs Entitlement Denied After Resignation. / What Can I Do To Make My Employer Pay My Resignation Entitlement? / Press Conference On The Termination Of Employment Of Over 1500 Workers By Mtn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement by ify4king(m): 4:28am On Sep 29, 2011
Hello guys, I have been nursing this in my mind for some time now and don't know what to do, I really need your help on this. My story goes like this,
I worked with Nigerian Bottling Company Plc from March 1999 until July 2011 when my appointment was terminated wrongfully. I carried out an instruction by my boss and it was later used against me, hence the termination.

I don't want to protest the termination but all I need now is my final entitlement. It's more than 2 months now I was kicked out and nothing seems to have been done about paying my gratuity. I have even written to them but no response.

My family is suffering as there is no money to take care of their needs, pls nairalanders, advice me on what to do to make them release my money asap.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Warm Regards!
Re: Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement by JahMan1: 9:33am On Sep 29, 2011
Bros just pray and believe God to touch their heart to pay you.
The truth is that you are even lucky to be expecting a gratuity.
If you had spent that 12 years or even 20 years in most banks in this country,the story could have been different.They could have written you sharply after the termination to tell you how much you are owing them.
Gratuity do not exist in their dictionaries.

God will help you.
Re: Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement by ayandee: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2011
Accept my sympathy on the loss of ur job. I can understand how you feel especially with a family to cater for. With regard to benefits, a lot depends on what your contract of employment says. Unfortunately, most of these contracts are often carefully drafted to deprive employees of benefits upon termination. Get a lawyer to help you write the company asap.
Re: Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement by Setemi2010: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2011
Sorry ooooo i understand d wey u feel.My pray is dat God wil provide beta offer/opportunity for u.Pls try n get a good lawyer to write dem,
Re: Wrongful Termination/final Entitlement by ify4king(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
Thank you all for your advices. Getting a lawyer wont be a problem but I am afraid if the matter finally gets to court, they may keep adjourning the case till God knws how long. In any case, let me hear from the lawyer. Once again thank you all,

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees At Brayden Consulting / Oil And Gas Job Offer (drilling Crews Needed Urgently) / Fupre Calling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.