Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:27 AM

Loan Repayment - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Loan Repayment (267 Views)

How To Borrow Money From Cash App In 2022 – Loan Repayment Methods And Limit / Car Financing With 3years Repayment Plan / Need A 1million Loan At 7% Interest ..3 Months Repayment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Repayment by S1mpl3Guy: 8:09am On May 31, 2023
In your experience what happens when you default on an instant loan? Let's say something like #60k (plus interest) is owed, how long can I ignore the loan? (It's due in about 3 weeks).
Re: Loan Repayment by S1mpl3Guy: 8:11am On May 31, 2023
Also, what are the practical consequences of ignoring a small loan?
More details; it's two separate loans, one is for #36k (plus interest) and the other is for #23k (plus interest). But the second is due in about a week. I *think* I can repay but I'm just wondering what the consequences of not paying could be.
Re: Loan Repayment by Mozino007(m): 8:15am On May 31, 2023
Message all your contacts to let them know you are owing cuz the kind defamatory messages they will receive all your behalf ehn!!!
Re: Loan Repayment by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:16am On May 31, 2023
depends who u owe
Re: Loan Repayment by Kobicove(m): 12:50pm On May 31, 2023
S1mpl3Guy:
Also, what are the practical consequences of ignoring a small loan?
More details; it's two separate loans, one is for #36k (plus interest) and the other is for #23k (plus interest). But the second is due in about a week. I *think* I can repay but I'm just wondering what the consequences of not paying could be.

So you have the money to repay but you intentionally want to default so you will see what will happen
Re: Loan Repayment by S1mpl3Guy: 9:59am On Jun 02, 2023
Kobicove:

So you have the money to repay but you intentionally want to default so you will see what will happen

smiley Yeah. It's a small amount, is someone really going to come after me over #23k? Or #36k? I know they'll keep adding interest and blacklist me, but what else will they do I wonder.

I got an automated call this morning over the #23k one "blah blah blah pay your loan in 7 days".
Will update the thread as things progress.
If nothing happens then it was literally free money grin.
Re: Loan Repayment by S1mpl3Guy: 10:09am On Jun 02, 2023
I'm reading some articles on the matter. It seems an unpaid loan will only be sent to a collection agency after six months. At the current interest rate I would owe about #46k on the first loan if I hold this for six months, and #72k on the second loan.
The lender also has the option to sue me in court (lol) before sending the contract to a collection agency.

(1) (Reply)

Reviews On Oil-investors.com - What You Need To Know / Please Help Me, I Invested In Stocks On An App Called M36. How Good Is It? / ICE Network has completed its token distribution to miners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.