Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) (37727 Views)

Don Jazzy And His Father, Collins Enebeli Celebrate Birthday With Lovely Photos / Don Jazzy And His Father, Collins Enebeli Pictured Together / Collins Enebeli And Wizkid: Don Jazzy's Father Celebrates Wizkid's 29th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by benjackugo: 1:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
Collins Enebeli, father to Mavin Records boss, Don Jazzy, has revealed his son's early career in music, IGBERETV reports.

Taking to his Instagram page on Monday, Enebeli shared photos and wrote;

"Throwback to the days of my dreams of running a record label named Sagittarius records. My vision was to see Nigeria as a music springboard to the world. The archer symbol of the zodiac sign was to bear my face and the arrow was a record disc. The half man half horse was made to be half man and half body of a lion springing out of Nigeria to the world. The flagship music of the first artist on the label was titled ‘Good morning this morning’ by Detty Dusty off the album named ‘Prodigal Son’ .

"We arranged the song to start with chorus rendered using voices of children to set the mood for a beautiful new dawn for listeners to the music. I assembled some of the best seasoned session men of that era in Decca Studios Lagos for what obviously in my mind was history in the making. There were musicians on the project such as Paul Tao El Shaddai, Nkono Teles, Toks Shotade, Lemmy Jackson , Mosco Egbe of the Ozzidi band and later Jambos Express, Chico , Basil Barap, Fred Fisher, Sharp Mike,Fidel Bateke, Tolu Gay, Cicely Omonhinmi and others who were in the studio observing the production as if in a listening party. Geraldo Pino , Tera kota , Amadi Ogbonnaya, Hakeem Ikandu etc.

"The young Michael led the opening voices of the children chorus to the delight of all present. I recall Geraldo Pino exclaiming excitedly that this young man in the midst of these great industry heavy weights back then is certainly destined for great things ahead. Today the young man in question is now the undisputed king of beats @donjazzy the Leader of SMD worldwide.

"This reminds me of what an old man I went to for sponsorship told me then and I quote him thus: ‘If yam does not grow from the head, it will grow from the tail. The important thing is that yam the king of crops will surely grow just as the young shall grow’ To God be the glory. ❤️❤️❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtF2nYTItvI/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by benjackugo: 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2023
More

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by tommy589(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2023
Old school list of names of musicians and arrangers

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by slawomir: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Ekemz: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Impressive
Another reason never to give up on your aspiration(s). smiley

42 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Iamajala: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Don Jazzy and him papa na fine boy

89 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Hambivert: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Àbínibí yàtọ sí ability.
It is the sparogative truth!
School is good, but train your children in your line of business or in a different skill. You might just be doing them the biggest good.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by KomGhale: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
Looks good

2 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by NastiLord: 1:49pm On Jun 05, 2023
My papa wey beat me, tear my music books that year say make i focus on school wey him dey pay school fees.

I wonder where i for dey now if i had support.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by benjackugo: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
F
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by munafav(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
No be today Jon Jazz don dey work hard ooo...

19 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by HeartlessMan: 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
I didn't find my stage name on that list.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Triangles1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2023
Wash.......

Had it been he end up be auxiliary agbero in Anambra you would have give us a different version.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Replica of His Father
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Awesome
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Rexymania(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
If they all knew what that boy would later become

7 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Mindlog: 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
E dey blood.

1 Like

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by BarrElChapo(m): 1:51pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nice to be able to see his vision fulfilled in his son.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Moneybloke(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mehn.. I love this.. truly the apple does not fall far from the tree. Despise not the days of humble beginnings...keep pushing

2 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Steelarmy01: 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Don Jazzy has come a long way. He has made his bones.
Kudos to him.

8 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by morakinyo20(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Interesting!
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Elexdallas(m): 1:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Vv
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Justiceleague1: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nice but who come teach am how to massage nyash nah grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
Jazzy...why the hell did wande leave?..

Marvin always doing well for their artist....Nice one las las
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by GODPUNISHALABI: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Omo jackson 5
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by sofeo(m): 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nice.

Good for him.
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Cantonese: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Encourage your children; give them the opportunity, success will be easy for them.

10 Likes

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by SultanOfAbia: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
Your Parent really determine how successful you will be in life.

Unfortunately, African parents don't know how to raise kids to reach their full potential.

They lord over their kids
Just like kings Lord over their subjects
They lock and control their kids life
To them a Kid has no right to decide what he wants in life..

Many parents are ignorant
Instead of assisting their kids dreams
They control and lock their kids with religious doctrines which kills the kids natural talent.

Don jazzy is lucky to have open minded parents.
Many kids lost their natural talent to ignorant parents who don't know any better than to flog kids and force religious doctrines on them..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by rapboss(m): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
NastiLord:
My papa wey beat me, tear my music book that year say make i focus on school wey him dey pay school fees.

I wonder where i for dey now if i had support.
Lol. This funny, bro. Are you still interested in music?
Re: Collins Enebeli, Don Jazzy's Father Reveals Son's Early Music Career (Throwback) by Sablexxxtoons: 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
We are all products of our mentors parental and otherwise

The son went on to achieve the father's dream which is cool

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Timaya Buys A Lexus Jeep For Himself To Celebrate New Year / BBNaija: Freeze Mocks Those Praying For Efe To Win, Shades TTT / Yvette Meurer Shares Photos Of Her Face Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.