Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Please, How Do I Recover My Money? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please, How Do I Recover My Money? (434 Views)

Please Help! How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank? / How Do I Recover My Stolen Certificates Found With A Smuggler In Lagos? / How Can I Recover My Money From An ATM Hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by donwily(m): 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
Good day my good people of this Forum.
Please, I need your help on how to recover my money from a travel agent who collected my money for a visa application but didn't deliver.
This guy collected my N600k as part payment for an employment visa to Dublin since 5th of October last year.
The agreement was that the visa would be out within 8 weeks or money refunded. I waited and this guy kept posting me till March this year when I decided to renew my passport so that I could use it for another application. It was after much pressure that he sent the old passport to me so that I could use it for the renewal as required.

Since then, he refused to pay back my money.
Meanwhile, we use to live in the same area here in Ogun state before he relocated to Ondo state to contest for a senatorial election which he later lost.

There's no single evidence that he made any application in the first place. I sensed he just collected money from us and used it to run his election project.
His number has not been going on normal voice call. It only goes on WhatsApp but he cannot pick and when I send him a message, he would read but no responses.
I borrowed this money with high interest and I have been struggling to pay back but it's not really easy on me.

I explained everything to this guy and even asked him to pay me half of the money now and pay up later but he is just being heartless and wicked.

Aside the 600k, I spent N45k on police clearance and other expenses on Medicals, etc.
I forgot to remove 100 dollars note I put in my passport before I gave it to him and the money is gone as he claimed he didn't see it. He stagnated me for 5 months with vain hope. He has caused me a lot of pains but I have counted them all asbmy losses, let him just pay me my N600k that I gave him.

A friend had suggested I report him to a shrine in their village but I don't want to go that way but the way he is behaving, he might push me into it.
Please, I'm sorry for the long write-up, I need help please. Thank you.
Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by dawnomike(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
donwily:
Good day my good people of this Forum.
Please, I need your help on how to recover my money from a travel agent who collected my money for a visa application but didn't deliver.
This guy collected my N600k as part payment for an employment visa to Dublin since 5th of October last year.
The agreement was that the visa would be out within 8 weeks or money refunded. I waited and this guy kept posting me till March this year when I decided to renew my passport so that I could use it for another application. It was after much pressure that he sent the old passport to me so that I could use it for the renewal as required.

Since then, he refused to pay back my money.
Meanwhile, we use to live in the same area here in Ogun state before he relocated to Ondo state to contest for a senatorial election which he later lost.

There's no single evidence that he made any application in the first place. I sensed he just collected money from us and used it to run his election project.
His number has not been going on normal voice call. It only goes on WhatsApp but he cannot pick and when I send him a message, he would read but no responses.
I borrowed this money with high interest and I have been struggling to pay back but it's not really easy on me.

I explained everything to this guy and even asked him to pay me half of the money now and pay up later but he is just being heartless and wicked.

Aside the 600k, I spent N45k on police clearance and other expenses on Medicals, etc.
I forgot to remove 100 dollars note I put in my passport before I gave it to him and the money is gone as he claimed he didn't see it. He stagnated me for 5 months with vain hope. He has caused me a lot of pains but I have counted them all asbmy losses, let him just pay me my N600k that I gave him.

A friend had suggested I report him to a shrine in their village but I don't want to go that way but the way he is behaving, he might push me into it.
Please, I'm sorry for the long write-up, I need help please. Thank you.
First get a lawyer to petition EFCC on the matter, then leave the rest to God.

1 Like

Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by nepapole(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2023
Go to court.
Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by donwily(m): 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2023
dawnomike:
First get a lawyer to petition EFCC on the matter, then leave the rest to God.
Thank you but I told my uncle who is a DPO and he said that the money is too small for EFCC to handle. That I would spend more money at the end. I don't know how true it is.
Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by drmikeadams(m): 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
donwily:

Thank you but I told my uncle who is a DPO and he said that the money is too small for EFCC to handle. That I would spend more money at the end. I don't know how true it is.
..yeah efcc dey pursue bigger money..but u allow the thing linger for long..even if you arrest the guy him fit no get the money for hand now..do you have any evidence of payment??u in Lagos? Is his phone still active ?

1 Like

Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by donwily(m): 12:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
drmikeadams:
..yeah efcc dey pursue bigger money..but u allow the thing linger for long..even if you arrest the guy him fit no get the money for hand now..do you have any evidence of payment??u in Lagos? Is his phone still active ?
Yes, I have evidence of payment and I'm in Lagos.
His number is only going on WhatsApp.
Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by drmikeadams(m): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2023
donwily:

Yes, I have evidence of payment and I'm in Lagos.
His number is only going on WhatsApp.
..u get any of his pictures from WhatsApp or face book?
Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by donwily(m): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2023
drmikeadams:
..u get any of his pictures from WhatsApp or face book?
Yes
Re: Please, How Do I Recover My Money? by drmikeadams(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
donwily:

Yes
..ok I go reach u later.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Levy: You'll Regret Your Life On Thursday— Anambra Vigilante Threatens Residents / A Man Who Is Above 30 Years Old Arrested For Killing Of Area Commander In Katsin / Naira Marley Breaks Silence On Mohbad's Tragic Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.