Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. (1491 Views)

See The Bag Of Beans I Bought For 44,000 In Nasarawa State. / The N100 Orange I Bought In Calabar This Eveninging (photos) / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 12:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
I bought this bag of orange for N900. I didn't believe it until I drove off. Orange juice by express.

2 Likes

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by Omihanifa: 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
And yet no fruit processing company on that state undecided
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 12:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
I can't believe this, shey make I send you 10k with trans fare make you help me get 10bags? I wan do business
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
I can't believe this, shey make I send you 10k with trans fare make you help me get 10bags? I wan do business
No send me shishi abeg. I no fit shout.

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 12:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
No send me shishi abeg. I no fit shout. Plus I'm back in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by Samfloxin(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2023
You say these people up north love their future, abi they no want make money in this life
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by MRDEE01: 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Them cheat you O.P.
Some places it is 500

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
So why is Chivitaa so costly now?greed of Nigerians
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by mariahAngel(f): 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
englishmart:
I bought this bag of orange for N900. I didn't believe it until I drove off. Orange juice by express.

You and the seller need to apologize and appease the trees that produced those oranges.
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
mariahAngel:

You and the seller need to apologize and appease the trees that produced those oranges.
Why?

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 7:20pm On Jun 09, 2023
PARADIZEPRIEST:
So why is Chivitaa so costly now?greed of Nigerians
Because it's imported.

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
MRDEE01:
Them cheat you O.P.

Some places it is 500
Na so I hear. Next time I go look for N300 own. Because my friend wey been buy one bag #500 last week, somebody tell am say dem cheat am.

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by bantilosha: 4:43am On Jun 10, 2023
Thief. Liar. You can't get that for less than 7k
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by bantilosha: 4:44am On Jun 10, 2023
englishmart:
Na so I hear. Next time I go look for N300 own. Because my friend wey been buy one bag #500 last week, somebody tell am say dem cheat am.
tah! You too lie
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by bantilosha: 4:44am On Jun 10, 2023
mariahAngel:

I swear
MRDEE01:
Them cheat you O.P.

Some places it is 500
cheesy cheesy
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by bantilosha: 4:45am On Jun 10, 2023
Samfloxin:
You say these people up north love their future, abi they no want make money in this life
πŸ˜€ They sell at normal rates not what they do down south.
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by CodeTemplar: 6:50am On Jun 10, 2023
How much is empty sack alone?
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 5:13pm On Jun 10, 2023
bantilosha:
Shut up

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 5:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
bantilosha:
tah! You too lie
You no get sense.

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
bantilosha:
Thief. Liar. You can't get that for less than 7k
tongue

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by dominique(f): 8:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
Fruits are even more expensive in Makurdi than areas like Ushongo or Vandeikya. Some of my fellow corpers bought very big yams at N20 each, bags of oranges and mangoes at ridiculously cheap prices. Benue should be one of the richest states in the country but they're just unlucky with leaders and the people themselves are not industrious enough
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by MorningStar233: 11:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
dominique:
Fruits are even more expensive in Makurdi than areas like Ushongo or Vandeikya. Some of my fellow corpers bought very big yams at N20 each, bags of oranges and mangoes at ridiculously cheap prices. Benue should be one of the richest states in the country but they're just unlucky with leaders and the people themselves are not industrious enough

How are they not industrious enough? Farming those crops alone Never still pass industrious?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 5:50am On Jun 11, 2023
dominique:
Yam #20? This is a joke taken too far

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2023
dominique:
What year?
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by dominique(f): 11:20am On Jun 11, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
What year?

2009. From the photo op posted, it appears those fruits and foods are still very cheap over there

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by dominique(f): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2023
englishmart:
Yam #20? This is a joke taken too far

This was back in 2009, something I witnessed right before my eyes. Back then I used yo buy yams in Otukpo at N100 each and locals used to laugh at me that I'm being cheated. Corpers travelled to interior villages to buy those foodstuffs way cheaper than what we buy in towns, transporting them to their states was something else.
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 8:07am On Jun 12, 2023
dominique:

2009. From the photo op posted, it appears those fruits and foods are still very cheap over there
2009 is a long time when things were still cheap and exchange rate was very low unlike now and I really doubt that the orange 🍊 is #700, it's unbelievable.
Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
bantilosha:
Shatap

1 Like

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
2009 is a long time when things were still cheap and exchange rate was very low unlike now and I really doubt that the orange 🍊 is #700, it's unbelievable.
Even at that, you won't get any tuber of yam for #20

3 Likes

Re: The Bag Of Orange I Bought in Makurdi. The Price Is Shocking. by englishmart(m): 1:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
dominique:

This was back in 2019, something I witnessed right before my eyes. Back then I used yo buy yams in Otukpo at N100 each and locals used to laugh at me that I'm being cheated. Corpers travelled to interior villages to buy those foodstuffs way cheaper than what we buy in towns, transporting them to their states was something else.
Wow! That's quite interesting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indian Chicken Curry / How Is Cos Law (not Sure Of The Spelling Though) Prepared / 9 Foods That Reduce Stress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.