Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria (11737 Views)

Young People And Lack Of Interest In Working: What Is Really Happening? / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Okowa Assures Delta HOSTCOM Of Adequate Support, Partnership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Niyonice(m): 6:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
The government needs to focus on technology, that's an awesome approach to unemployment too.

Check signature for high rated research work
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by GraceAndPeace: 6:30pm On Jun 09, 2023
risos:
Who's interested in plantain value chain
What's it about?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Komu1048(m): 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..
With too much pride

There are many job sectors like .
Cleaning the roads and collecting refuse
Not body wants to do that
Everybody wants collar job with office blowing A C

Agriculture sector is heavily lacking in youths. All youths want fast money and agriculture takes patience dedication and discipline which this generation lack

My point is that in reality
There is no job scarcity .
What we have in Nigeria is job saturation
Youths have saturated certain sectors while neglecting other sectors.
Tell a youth to go into carpentry in this Time too generation, they will call you evil uncle that don't want them to progress

There are job sectors that are avoided by the youths.. Due to prestige or ego.
But when they travel abroad they don't mind washing dishes in restaurant and doing garbage man.

That's not true, other sectors u claim they don't go is because there is no much opportunity there or perhaps not promising.

Nigerians are not lazy, they just want a better life and if any sector can provide that they go into it.

Me for example I was into agriculture, plantain, maize, cassava and snail rearing. It was tedious and crazy but I continued until I have issue with Omo onile they took over my farm and always chase my employer. They threaten to kill me and beat me several times I had to leave everything.

Now I'm into painting and decoration. Both when I was farming and now painting, there are a lot of youth who embrace entrepreneur and artisan work more than the so-called white collar job.

I choose painting cos I say a brother doing well there. It's only Nigeria people will be advising you to go and do what they aren't doing or willing to do.

If any sector is doing fine people will venture into it. Not condemning people cos they aren't going for a particular job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by abbey621(m): 6:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
shegzhkn:

Look at your completely fuçked up way of thinking, a supposedly exposed individual (I guess you live in Uncle Sam).
Nigeria democracy is still at it infancy stage (a 60 years old country), was china colonized ?? (The same China that saw hell in the hands of the japanese and was able to pull over 800M people out of poverty) or is it Korea that was occupied until 1945 by the same japanese and was completely devastated after the Korean war, hell we even gifted Japan two nukes & still they were able to rebuild.
It seems to me you are looking for excuse to justify the state of that society, telling me I like comparing Nigeria with the likes of Asians, Americans / European but guess what the common denominator they all share is that they are developed and advanced society.
If you really loved that country why don't you leave atl and move back.

Again what system of governance does China practice? Was China colonized by Japan? Before you spew rubbish kindly understand we are not talking about invasions of part of China but China as a whole. Furthermore you obviously have comprehension problems as I made my analysis based on system of governance and POPULATION! Bringing Korea into the conversation is asinine!

Finally, facts are facts my boi, I don't need to move back to Nigeria to speak the truth, I employ and pay the salaries of at least 10 people in 9ja,I contribute my fair share and pay taxes on my houses and investments, what have you done lately lil nigga?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
Job no dey Sha... We say make we start dey drive uber/bolt while I do my msc join.... Government increase fuel price....na to go back farm oh... If I see land I go cultivate
But to make Nigeria work out everybody must work and pay tax... When everybody is doing something and earning money d country will be good.... U till then we'll keep deceiving ourselves
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Cromagnon: 7:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Wodu89:

I Dont recall asking you for money did I ?

You just said you were asking Ppl to invest?
Is it motivation they will invest or prayers?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Wodu89: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2023
Cromagnon:

You just said you were asking Ppl to invest?
Is it motivation they will invest or prayers?

Please get lost
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by VTJN(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
abufadllullah:

Good day boss, quiet inquisitive about your post here! Will be glad if you can enlighten me on the prospect of agriculture in Nigeria and how to go about it.. especially location, workforce and it's profitability.
Thank you!
There is money in agriculture bro. The very day i got to know agriculture is a goldmine was when i planted a cup of maize i bought less than #50 then. I made more than 5k profit after harvest

There are land in Ogun state, along Lusada road. All i need is capital. Especially this raining season. I'd plant cassava. In 9 months time, I'd be counting millions of naira

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pride is the problem here.
Till date, no graduate has agreed to work in my shrine for N250k.
Please location
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 8:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ashley86400:
It’s a huge problem
Jobs no dey Naija o.
Most no dey offer pass 40-50k
If you get higher than that you’re fvking lucky.
And you go still spend like 25k-30k for Tfare.
Buy food
Buy clothes
Buy petrol
Send money to the family
Omorr
My salary is less than that but I do side husles
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Aremu1998: 8:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..
With too much pride

Agriculture sector is heavily lacking in youths. All youths want fast money and agriculture takes patience dedication and discipline which this generation lack

Tell a youth to go into carpentry in this Time too generation, they will call you evil uncle that don't want them to progress

But when they travel abroad they don't mind washing dishes in restaurant and doing garbage man.

I don't think there's actually a job people don't want to do, it's the pay that determines whether an offer is worth considering

If a road cleaner is paid even 50k,their recruitment site go crash in less than 24hrs with mad traffic

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by ChiefOkporghe: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
ecomalchemistt:
There are no jobs in Nigeria, but there are side hustles and WORK you can turn into a full time job.

Stop complaining, nobody is coming to save you....

Nigerians are really suffering and it's tough out there.

Here's an escape route if you need one.

Enter street go start business, boss.

Leave this modern slavery thing called job.

Use your brain and social media please.

Tech (Digital Marketing) , combine it with Buying and selling.

Learn how to run facebook and instagram ads PROFESSIONALLY.

I'm a 5 star salesman, paid advertising newbie , that's the skill you need to master now in Nigeria to make money daily.

I can sell water to a well...

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook maeketplace, etc.

- go and learn how to run ads.

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by chaseblack(m): 8:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..
With too much pride

Wicked human, how much do they pay cleaners? A paltry 25k highest 35k and you want people to work there so they can spend the money on antibiotics, abi? Start a cleaning company that pay up to #100k per month and see if your family members won't apply ASAP!
Wicked man!

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 10, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
Nigerians are lazy..
With too much pride

Is it the same road cleaning where their health are not being catered for or where you cannot even feed yourself from the pay or the one whereby you need connection to join or a business you want to start when there are no funds?

All you can say is generalise and say Nigerians are lazy. Rubbish
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Slickbishop(m): 7:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Wodu89:
When we tell people to invest in our agriculture projects, they don't listen

How does one invest then?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by EvaOnyi(f): 7:08am On Jun 10, 2023
Good morning guys, I have been applying for the post of graduate management accelerated program in UBA bank, last week the bank sent out an executive chat mail to their candidates of which I was scheduled to hold the chat in Port Harcourt, but due to the notice period been short, I sent them a mail requesting for a change in location of which ubacareers replied that my request has been noted and I would be rescheduled to Lagos. But just two days ago, they sent out a mail inviting candidates to come for the executive chat which is to hold today of which I wasn’t invited, seems like they decided to move forward with other candidates except me. I have been down since because I have invested both time and money to get to this stage of their hiring process. I’m confused and keep on blaming myself that maybe I shouldn’t have sent them the mail for the change of location for the executive chat. So guys, what could be the reason why they didn’t get back to me again?
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Wodu89: 7:33am On Jun 10, 2023
Slickbishop:

How does one invest then?

By discussing with partners. It begins first by engaging prospects and considering how profitable they are and then making sound investment decisions.

Example.

If one says they can cultivate 10,000 plantain trees, harvest them and convert them into chips and supply to convenience stores, supermarkets etc

Does this not sound realistic and viable ?

Considering that land-based investments are the best because land can not move, hence an investor is always available for reach and funds are guaranteed safe
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Maj196(m): 8:25am On Jun 10, 2023
EvaOnyi:
Good morning guys, I have been applying for the post of graduate management accelerated program in UBA bank, last week the bank sent out an executive chat mail to their candidates of which I was scheduled to hold the chat in Port Harcourt, but due to the notice period been short, I sent them a mail requesting for a change in location of which ubacareers replied that my request has been noted and I would be rescheduled to Lagos. But just two days ago, they sent out a mail inviting candidates to come for the executive chat which is to hold today of which I wasn’t invited, seems like they decided to move forward with other candidates except me. I have been down since because I have invested both time and money to get to this stage of their hiring process. I’m confused and keep on blaming myself that maybe I shouldn’t have sent them the mail for the change of location for the executive chat. So guys, what could be the reason why they didn’t get back to me again?
Other candidates have 5G connections. They know people at the top management. That's just the plain truth

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Fabulouslouie(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2023
Sisora:
I build investment website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

All scripts work superbly.

I also build VTU website for 10k only or you can get the script for 5k.

I also build multivendor ecommerce websites like jumia or jiji cost 10k only or you can get the script for 5k and install it yourself.

Can you reach me on my contact in siggy... I'd like to know more about this investment website
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 12:23pm On Jun 10, 2023
VTJN:
There is money in agriculture bro. The very day i got to know agriculture is a goldmine was when i planted a cup of maize i bought less than #50 then. I made more than 5k profit after harvest

There are land in Ogun state, along Lusada road. All i need is capital. Especially this raining season. I'd plant cassava. In 9 months time, I'd be counting millions of naira
grin cheesy cheesy

Easy to say
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Baolak(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
Deiyvismiwa:
The lack of adequate employment opportunities in Nigeria has become a pebble in the shoes of most Nigerians; finding a job that matches our skills and aspirations has become a great challenge. However, we can continue to wail or think of solutions to this problem. For example, we could foster and support entrepreneurship amongst ourselves - so if you have a friend or acquaintance with a small business, support that small business. Vocational training programs that equip individuals with practical skills for in-demand industries could also be encouraged - not just in schools, if you have a skill which you can teach, especially to the children and adolescents in secondary schools and even tertiary institutions.

These efforts could encourage the government and private sector to invest in sectors with the potential to create more jobs, like technology, renewable energy, and agriculture. Let's finally use this platform to share success stories, job opportunities, and advice for job seekers. Together, we can make a difference and tackle Nigeria's employment challenges.
I am into Mushroom Production i can train people for free.
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by possibilita(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
No be small thing

Since service 2018 na only Npower man don see
Thank God for sportybet Sha
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by judedwriter(m): 4:41pm On Jun 11, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pride is the problem here.
Till date, no graduate has agreed to work in my shrine for N250k.

😂

Devil has no free gift o....
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by YoshihideSuga: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Maj196:
Other candidates have 5G connections. They know people at the top management. That's just the plain truth

That's not true. She simply couldn't out-compete her opponents. I have a female friend who applied to the same UBA and her saving grace was because I linked her with a Facebook friend who went through the same process a year ahead. She got tips on how to ace the interview questions and currently works with the bank.

EvaOnyi:
Good morning guys, I have been applying for the post of graduate management accelerated program in UBA bank, last week the bank sent out an executive chat mail to their candidates of which I was scheduled to hold the chat in Port Harcourt, but due to the notice period been short, I sent them a mail requesting for a change in location of which ubacareers replied that my request has been noted and I would be blaming myself that maybe I shouldn’t have sent them the mail for the change of location for the executive chat.[/b] So guys, what could be the reason why they didn’t get back to me again?

It seems you got to the final stage. Send them a email politely asking for update regarding the change in venue. If no reply, lock up. You lost this one. Going forward, try to follow the instructions and dates by companies. You know how it's competitive to get a job in Nigeria these days.

You have done well to get to this stage, try other companies. Best wishes!
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by Fortune444: 7:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Our clients, a growing Fastfood outfit are seeking the services of young dedicated persons for the following positions in Port Harcourt, preferrably residing around Stadium Road, Eliozu, Eneka, Rumuokoro, or Rukpokwu Axis:

Positions:
1. Kitchen Assistant (ssce holder or ND holder) - 2 positions
2. Sales Personnel (ssce or ond or hnd holder) - 1 position

Both with attractive pay/workplan, feeding inclusive.

Interested applicants should URGENTLY send in their CV today on or before Tuesday 13 June 2023 to capableng@gmail.com or via Whatsapp to 08037260838.

We strongly encourage females with these qualifications to apply though positions remain open to females or males.

Thank you.

For CNG consulting
Re: The Lack Of Adequate Employment In Nigeria by EvaOnyi(f): 11:06am On Jun 12, 2023
YoshihideSuga:

That's not true. She simply couldn't out-compete her opponents. I have a female friend who applied to the same UBA and her saving grace was because I linked her with a Facebook friend who went through the same process a year ahead. She got tips on how to ace the interview questions and currently works with the bank.
Thank you🤗

It seems you got to the final stage. Send them a email politely asking for update regarding the change in venue. If no reply, lock up. You lost this one. Going forward, try to follow the instructions and dates by companies. You know how it's competitive to get a job in Nigeria these days.

You have done well to get to this stage, try other companies. Best wishes!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nbplc Recruiting Please Check Website / Graduate Management Trainee Test For Guinness Nigeria Plc / Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Form For 2013 Out Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.