Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,129 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Going To Ndlea Recruitment Without Been Invited. I Almost Died. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Going To Ndlea Recruitment Without Been Invited. I Almost Died. (487 Views)

NDLEA Recruitment 2023/2024: How To Apply, Registration Portal / How I Almost Died Working At A Construction Site / Ndlea Recruitment 2019 Exercise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Going To Ndlea Recruitment Without Been Invited. I Almost Died. by Bethuel2022(f): 5:21pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello nairalanders, today I did the unthinkable. I went for the ndlea recruitment going on now without been invited. My name was not on the list after I had prayed and said, God, my name must come out, but for where.
After seeing the list, I cried so hard, but then I picked up courage, because I lived in Jos, I said to myself, why not go and act drama for this people so they will no that the fire is too much for you.
Anyways, I was supposed to go there on Monday, but all the bravado I felt disappeared. It was replaced by this sickening gut wrenching fear. Up till now, I cannot tell where that fear came from. I was so worried and scared of what might happen so I ended up not going on Monday. The same scenario played out on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I would be very brave one minute and the next thing fear sets in.
So people of God, today been Friday, I said to myself, this is the last day, if you miss out on this, you will never forgive yourself oh. I thought about my son, and all the responsibilities waiting for me, then I picked up courage. I borrowed my neighbor's shoe, wore black short instead of navy blue and set out with all my documents. As I didn't get heart attack or die of fear today, I will surely live long. My whole body was shaking. I couldn't even talk. I kept asking myself, who send you? What will you tell them when you get there? Hmmm
The funny thing is, instead of turning back, I kept going. I tried to pray, for where. Fear totally enveloped me. I was in the bus, praying for us never to get to my destination. Chai! Life is full of ups and downs.
Anyways, back to the story. I finally arrived at the junction. After I was dropped off, I started walking ever so slowly to the gate. I was almost crawling, I didn't want to reach oh. Eventually I got to the gate. One officer that saw how slowly I walked, asked me to go back to the junction and start running back towards the gate. I was like, which kind of wahala is this? Untop of my name that is not even in the list.
When I got back, I was asked by one of the security personnel to for my serial number. Oya, see problem. How do I begin to tell this man that I came all the way here just to beg to be screened. I wanted to tell him the truth but I decided against it because, this is not the person I will beg now. What if I tell him the truth and he decides to throw me out without letting me meet the people who can help me. This is how I just told him to let me check the list. I stood under the sun and started checking what I don't know angry grin grin grin. One part of me was praying for a miracle, while the other part was like, I told you so.
I stood for minutes checking list. The security personnel got so angry with me. The man wanted to cut off my head oh. He was like go back because you are not serious. I saw all the people passing by to do their screening and go home and I burst into tears. Come and see cry. The security personnels had to rally round to console me, asking me to keep checking that I will find my name. Me that knew in my heart that my name wasn't there, kept crying. I just envied those people that were so lucky.
Anyways, after crying my eye balls out without still finding the imaginary name, I was told to go home that there was nothing they could do. One staff asked me to pray and fast, while the other asked me if I knew any senator or minister, that if I knew any, I didn't have a problem. I was like, how will I know any senator, and I will be here. These people are certainly out of touch with reality. Before my very eyes, one man that his son got shortlisted, came to swap names because his son refused the offer. The man was just making calls up and down. One other man was asking for the commandant like he was his next door neighbor. He said he was a dss official. Honestly, some people are lucky to know important people. We that dont know anybody, otilor oh
Anyways, after sitting in the sun for hours without any divine helper showing up, I said to myself, go home to your baby. That thought alone made me smile. I know I might not have it all together now, but I still had my baby. I actually missed him while I was there . It will surely get better someday as long as there is life.
Meanwhile, please if you are my divine helper and you know any senator or somebody that knows somebody that can help me, please do oh. Country isn't funny anymore. Please abeg, help me oh.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Going To Ndlea Recruitment Without Been Invited. I Almost Died. by donbachi(m): 5:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Ordinary ndlea job.one must know a senator or minister.shame on your leaders.
While, America checks for criminal records and medical history for all interested citizens.

(1) (Reply)

What/who Inspires You? / Bsc/hnd Holders Doing O-level Jobs / Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.