Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,540 members, 7,865,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:32 PM

Pls Advice Me On This - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Advice Me On This (248 Views)

Please Advice Me On These Two Jobs / Help Advice Me; Can It Be Real? / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Me On This by NDSMELODY(m): 7:13am On Jun 11, 2023
Good morning friends, pls I need your candid advice.

I am a graduate of elect/elect engineering, graduated 2021 and completed my nysc august last year. Upon my nysc completion last year, I couldn't get a job till now so I settled to manage as a class teacher and my salary is 40k per month. Ever since then I have been trying to apply for any vacancy available either government or non government organization, so I applied for ndlea I was shortlisted for the cbt exam, I wrote the exam but wasn't shortlisted for the next stage, I also applied for frsc, I wasn't shortlisted at all, I applied for ncdc (civil defense) though I saw it clearly the minimum requirement is SSCE I just have to try it because I cannot withstand the pressure of unemployment, I was shortlisted for cbt exam , I wrote the exam on may 18. Now the list for physical screening is out , I am shortlisted again, my worry now is that SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS CIVIL DEFENSE JOB OFFER as a graduate or not ?? Pls advice me
I will clock 30yrs by September and I don't really like the teaching job I am doing currently but I do not have alternative..also how much is there salary, does the work worth it ?...and also what are the benefits of the work, can I further my studies when it is time ?......

I am sorry for the long epistle, I am some how curious and contemplating....thanks.
Re: Pls Advice Me On This by Lawalabiodun(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2023
NDSMELODY:
Good morning friends, pls I need your candid advice.

I am a graduate of elect/elect engineering, graduated 2021 and completed my nysc august last year. Upon my nysc completion last year, I couldn't get a job till now so I settled to manage as a class teacher and my salary is 40k per month. Ever since then I have been trying to apply for any vacancy available either government or non government organization, so I applied for ndlea I was shortlisted for the cbt exam, I wrote the exam but wasn't shortlisted for the next stage, I also applied for frsc, I wasn't shortlisted at all, I applied for ncdc (civil defense) though I saw it clearly the minimum requirement is SSCE I just have to try it because I cannot withstand the pressure of unemployment, I was shortlisted for cbt exam , I wrote the exam on may 18. Now the list for physical screening is out , I am shortlisted again, my worry now is that SHOULD I ACCEPT THIS CIVIL DEFENSE JOB OFFER as a graduate or not ?? Pls advice me
I will clock 30yrs by September and I don't really like the teaching job I am doing currently but I do not have alternative..also how much is there salary, does the work worth it ?...and also what are the benefits of the work, can I further my studies when it is time ?......

I am sorry for the long epistle, I am some how curious and contemplating....thanks.

Hey dude, let me be sincere with you, accept that offer once you make the final list, which I pray you will In Shaa Allah, you can't compare government work with private enterprise.

What I will advise you to do is that, once you commence work in civil defense and your appointment is been confirmed after few years at service, it's very certain your B.SC is useless as at now but you can request for study leave after your appointment confirmation, while you'll use your B.SC to run your Master program.

Once you complete your Master program, you can now use it for your promotion through lobbying by the Ogas at the top.

But Finally, accept that offer with your two hands, don't allow anyone to deceive you to reject that offer because they wouldn't assist you to pay your bills, and as you mentioned age is also not on your side, "Opportunity Come But Once", All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice Me On This by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 8:37am On Jun 11, 2023
Mr man i will advise you to accept it ooo, directly or indirectly you go see more money in government work, because bills are rising every single day in Nigeria now, but that your 40k teaching job may not pass that amount in 2-3years.
Re: Pls Advice Me On This by NDSMELODY(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2023
Lawalabiodun:

Hey dude, let me be sincere with you, accept that offer once you make the final list, which I pray you will In Shaa Allah, you can't compare government work with private enterprise.

What I will advise you to do is that, once you commence work in civil defense and your appointment is been confirmed after few years at service, it's very certain your B.SC is useless as at now but you can request for study leave after your appointment confirmation, while you'll use your B.SC to run your Master program.

Once you complete your Master program, you can now use it for your promotion through lobbying by the Ogas at the top.

But Finally, accept that offer with your two hands, don't allow anyone to deceive you to reject that offer because they wouldn't assist you to pay your bills, and as you mentioned age is also not on your side, "Opportunity Come But Once", All the best.
thank you for your prompt response sir, I will consider your advice
Re: Pls Advice Me On This by NDSMELODY(m): 8:48am On Jun 11, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
Mr man i will advise you to accept it ooo, directly or indirectly you go see more money in government work, because bills are rising every single day in Nigeria now, but that your 40k teaching job may not pass that amount in 2-3years.
thank you for your prompt response sir, I will consider your advice.

(1) (Reply)

Direct Sales Agent / How To Make 100k To 500k Monthly Promoting Other People's Products / Qualified Pig Farm Supervisor Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.