Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,101 members, 7,859,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo (26943 Views)

How Do I Stop My Mum From Consuming Excess Beef And Indomie? / Nigeria Ranked The 11th Most Noodles-Consuming Country In The World / NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Consumption Of Animal Hides And Skin (ponmo) As Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Probity100: 11:06am On Jun 12, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://twitter.com/tvcnewsng/status/1668161719191912448?t=6NrzoFFAdNT0LiaaZKQQxg&s=19

This is suicidal for common man o.

Please, tell these looters not to take away common man meat o...

Do they want to kill us? Haba!
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by ultimateprof: 11:08am On Jun 12, 2023
Which kind Ponmo are they talking about self? If na this one wey dey picture no wahala, but if na the other one wahala dey be that...
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by DaddyJapan(m): 11:09am On Jun 12, 2023
EnterpriseMan:
Me eating kpomo while reading this embarassed grin

Issokay.

Ghana bans meat consumption in the north over anthrax outbreak

June 9, 2023

Ghana has banned the slaughter, sale and consumption of meat in its northern region over a deadly anthrax outbreak.

The one-month ban also affects the movement of animals, such as cows, sheep, goats, pigs and donkeys.

Officials have also imposed a similar ban in the Upper East Region to avoid the spread of the disease.

One person has so far died and 13 suspected cases have been identified.

There are suspicions they ate anthrax-infected beef. Reports say at least 30 animals have died from anthrax.

Contract tracing of those affected is being done by medics in a bid to curb the spread of the disease. Efforts are also underway to vaccinate animals free of charge in the two regions.

Anthrax is a highly contagious bacterial disease that affects livestock and can be transmitted to humans.

However, Ghana has a history of human anthrax associated with high CFRs. One study reported that nearly 1,000 persons died from anthrax in Ghana from 1980 to 2000.

Most cases occurred in northern Ghana and were attributed to spillover from infected livestock.

Source: https://africafeeds.com/2023/06/09/ghana-bans-meat-consumption-in-the-north-over-anthrax-outbreak/
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Faithfulness88: 11:12am On Jun 12, 2023
Noted.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Fryx: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2023
chisomkachy:

https://twitter.com/tvcnewsng/status/1668161719191912448?t=6NrzoFFAdNT0LiaaZKQQxg&s=19

How you go post tantalizing ponmo still dey tell me say make I no chop am.

2 Likes

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by almarthins(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Me desist from eating gbomo

Una nor well
Anthrax kill una there

Wetin men take dey follow up booze for beer parlour

No one can separate me from my chilled Heineken bottles and sauce kpomo

If them say make them list the symptoms of anthrax now them go begin list symptoms way other normal sickness like fever and malaria also get

When meat cost. Me I no dey hear fg warning, dem no serious at all. Anthrax ko anthrax ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by almarthins(m): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2023
Fryx:

How you go post tantalizing ponmo still dey tell me say make I no chop am.

🤣🤣🤣
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Burgerlomo: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2023
grin
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by notttty(m): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2023
And I just ate veggie soup with diced ponmo ooo. You guys should have announced this earlier. Omg what do I do now?
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by bobchigar(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2023
chisomkachy:

Wahala! The same ponmo wey we dey take packge pot like say naa real protein full ham? Abeg pack well if you no won trouble.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Slurity(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2023
chisomkachy:

It is obvious they don't know anything about the disease. Come and ask us that are in the field. The advice appear to be coming from an accountant doing the work of a vet, or Animal scientist.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by OlawaleBammie: 11:38am On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Una nor well
Anthrax kill una there

If them say make them list the symptoms of anthrax now them go begin list symptoms way other normal sickness like fever and malaria also get

Na u no well, tif. Gbewiri, alokolohunkigbe grin grin grin

FG advises you, eey did not force u to stop it.

To reason properly is difficult for yuu nowadays..loud don reconfigure his brain finish
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Raph82(m): 11:45am On Jun 12, 2023
Anthrax is a deadly zoonotic disease that when contracted, can lead to sudden death. Infected animal dies immediately and blood starts flowing out from all the body orifices (nose, mouth, ears, rectum/anus, eyes). I've seen a case like that before. What I don't understand is how people will process dead animals as a result of Anthrax into meat and not get infected along the line.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by meekparagon(m): 11:46am On Jun 12, 2023
Na wetin chef damilola want used 120 hours cook to break hilda Baci records na federal government want ban?
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Jackiedemie(m): 11:48am On Jun 12, 2023
Some Nigerians and me may rather choose anthrax because of pomo
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by kingreign(m): 11:52am On Jun 12, 2023
Grabs a plate of spicy ponmo with assorted meats, and starts munching…
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Westerhoffe(m): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2023
How did Anthrax get to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2023
They should swear that they did not eat ponmo this week. I won't take them seriously until they do that. sad
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by alizma: 12:02pm On Jun 12, 2023
Is it the one in nkwuobi or the one in the market? Make una no near that nkwuobi own o.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Eclement(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let the poor breaffff, don't suffocate them
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Onyiiobi7735(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Trouble awaiting those who would eat ponmo now, because Anthrax is a very serious and deadly bacterial disease of ruminants, which is zoonotic ( can be transmitted from animals to humans).
The disease has a very high fatality rate.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Jokkarm2: 12:10pm On Jun 12, 2023
What will happen to this my egusi soup i cooked with enough kpomo last night? abi make i waste am this time una remove subsidy? make una advise mee oo because na 5k i used for the soup
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by ComeToJesus: 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Una nor well
Anthrax kill una there

I love your comment but you aren't Slawormiir.. grin
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Yhummer619(m): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
ANTRAH on d beat just dey play
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by oyeludef(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let me first finish the ponmo in my pot first
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by DOM7: 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2023
Just to scare people away from it having failed to stop importation and eating pomo.must you join it with disease?
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by ultraviolet27(f): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2023
Let the Poor Breathe Habb
a!!!
That is the only Source of Protein for a Poor Man how much is a Kilogram of Chicken or Turkey?? The Other Day it was d news of Custom wanting to Ban Okrika Wears.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by ultraviolet27(f): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
How Possible Can anthrax be found in the Hides and Skin of the Cattle But Can't be found in the Skin?
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Major7: 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2023
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2023
JobNeededUrgent:
you sound like you have first hand experience of the disease

Not first hand.....just enough knowledge from reading about it.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by mediclife1987(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Una nor well
Anthrax kill una there

Those are what are called "constitutional symptoms" until the major symptoms of Antrax finally hit, and you japa from this world.
Re: Anthrax Disease: FG Advises Public To Desist From Consuming Ponmo by kkonyeji(m): 1:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
We'll never stop ponmo consumption.

Anthrax gbaa ọkụ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dirty Abattoirs In The South East / Is It Wrong To Drink Garri On Xmas Day? / Fufu Is Life. Afang And Fufu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.