Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo (4392 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2023
Hello Everyone, Happy Democracy Day.
I'm back with another new book titled. 'Mine Not Yours' written by my humble self, Toyin Taiwo.
The book is available on okadabooks.
For everyone who has read my books, this is my 10th book my God's grace. And I want to thank you all for always having back. The Lord will continue to bless your purse and pocket in Jesus name.
Thank you Nairalanders.

6 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:41am On Jun 12, 2023
Invite:
YoungBruzzy Herbiedeen genius43 Dinabella iamdynamite Calenikan aprilwise peejaylemmy Ann2012 Bukolaberry ADUKKY Bodydiialect57 Damilgodwin Zazaza Ven97 Ghostrider001 Nwiboko26 DemiKOL mostob AmaPaulOma Bollinah queentener beelon1020 Ngiokiema Babysuccess02

6 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:44am On Jun 12, 2023
If you've read-
I fell in love
Wrong Number
Anike
Broken Hedge
PastorZoned
Tolerated
Underrated
More Than A Craving &
Mine Not Yours,

Let's do this together again as we sit back and read Mine Not Yours. You know how it rolls, I'll post some parts and you'll get the complete story on okadabooks for just #500.
Thanks.
God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:05am On Jun 12, 2023
CHAPTER 1
Imade rolled from her side of the bed into her husband’s arms who lay next to her on the bed. He was already awake. His smiling face said it all as she looked into his eyes.
“Happy wedding anniversary to us……” Yomade drawled and kissed her on the lip.
“Happy wedding anniversary to us.” Imade smiled. That very day marked their third year wedding anniversary. Despite the fact that they are still waiting on God for a child, they were still a happy couple. In those three years, the two never for once regret marrying each other. They have peace in their home and the two understand each other. Even times when they disagree, they resolve it and move on. The love Imade has for her husband had grown over the years and after God, the next person in her life is her husband. There is no way a man will shower his wife with loads of love and care that the wife will not adore such man. Yomade had proved his love for her over and over.
Yomade drew his wife closer to him and kissed her deeply this time, she responded, one thing led to another and they ended up having a steaming morning sex. He cuddled her afterwards and then Imade turned lightly in his arms to check the time on the wall clock, her eyes widened.
“Let’s pray, it’s passed seven o’clock.” Imade stated.
“Aww…..It’s seven already!” Yomade released her reluctantly. The two sat up to have their morning devotion after sharing the word of God for that day, the two knelt down in front of the bed and prayed.
The couple are grateful for so many things in their lives, family and marriage. Yomade Adedeji is now a regional branch manager in his place of work while Imade now runs her own company- ‘Mades Bridal’s World.’ The name ‘Mades’ was taking from the couple’s names, Imade and Yomade since their names both carried ‘made.’ So they just added ‘s’ and used it as Imade’s business name.

Flash Back
The existence of Mades Bridal’s world is not the plan of any man but God, even Imade still can’t fathom how God did it. It’s beyond her reasoning. Everything happened after her marriage, she married without having any paid job even the little business she used to run when she was still single came to a halt after marriage. Why? The new environment she now lives in doesn’t permit her to move around from house to house. In fact, you will hardly find people on the street, everyone minds their business. Also, taking those goods to her former area will cost more because of the transportation. So after the wedding, Imade was just at home all alone from morning till evening when her husband returns from work.
But one good thing about her solitude period is that she had enough time for God. She will pray, fast, study the Bible and meditate. Then she also have enough time for God’s work as well. She attends all church programs since she has enough time to herself. When the church noticed her dedidcation to God’s work, some assignments were handed to her in the church and through the help of God she delivered well. In fact, so many people in church refer to her as Pastor Mrs.
Then all of a sudden Imade started seeing things in her dream, she will see different wedding gown designs. She kept on asking God what is the meaning of this, I am married already, so why do I need a wedding gown and one day, God spoke to her and told her to start sketching down whatever she sees.
And so she started, she just picked one of the jotters that was shared as a souvenir during their wedding and she started sketching the designs she saw in her dreams. By the way, Imade is just an average student when it comes to drawing, she’s not a pro but to her surprise she was drawing all those things she saw in her dream like a professional.
The day she counted the sketches and it was exactly fifty, she decided to come out clean to her husband. She explained everything to him on a weekend when she knew he will have enough time to listen to her. Then she brought out the jotter that has now turned to her sketch pad and showed it to her husband.
Yomade opened his mouth wide. “How did you come about this, you are not even an art student?” That was the question he asked her in awe. He admitted also that this can only be God. That very day, Yomade promised his wife that he will start saving towards her new dream-A wedding gown designer. Another thing is that Imade knew nothing about tailoring, so Yomade told her to go enroll in a fashion school while waiting for the capital to start her own clothing line but at first she hesitated.
“Yomade is it necessary. Once we have the capital, we can employ fashion designers to sew them.”
“Bad idea. You may regret it. Let me quickly tell you a story.”
“Really! Now, its story time?” She rolled her eyes.
“I see that, but I’m coming back to you.” Yomade pointed to her. Imade knew rolling her eyes turns her husband on but she did this subconsciously.
“Let’s hear your story.” She scoffed. She didn’t like his idea at all……
“I heard a story of a fashion designer who only opened a big shop and employed people to sew for her. She knew nothing about the business, she can’t even cut not to talk of sewing the fabrics. On top of that, she is the ‘bossy slash wicked type’ boss. Then December came when so many customers will bring their festive clothes. Do you know what the workers did?”
“No, you tell me.” Imade replied and rolled her eyes again.
“These tailors she employed cut all the fabrics the customers brought, I mean they cut out the styles and all of them left.”
“Ha……..gbese! The tailors planned for her.” Imade exclaimed.
“And she wasn’t aware. She just got to the shop that faithful day and met no one.” He replied her.
“The woman is in trouble….”
“Imagine and she didn’t know how to sew.”
“Which customer will now collect an already cut fabrics from her.”
“You see….if they did not cut it, at least she can still return their fabrics.” Yomade pointed out.
“Sweetheart, I now reason with you but going back to learn…..” She was still complaining but Yomade interrupted her.
“Imade…..any business you want to run you must know something about it, you may not be a pro but at least know some rudiments. You need to know the rules that govern it, the dos and don’ts and even the financial part of it like how to make profit from the business and the rest.”
“Seriously! Yomade are you saying….”
“Yes, I’m saying once you are done in fashion school, you are going to a business school.”
“Ah……Yomade kuku kill me. At what stage of my life!”
“Oh! You didn’t hear of an 80 years old woman on the internet who just had her first degree.”
“Yomade have finish me…..” She threw herself on the bed and started rolling. He slowly walked up to her and pulled her up gently and made her sit. Yomade understands that was new for her but she needs to get all the necessary knowledge.
“My love, you teach people in Church. What does Proverbs 4:7 says?”
“It says ‘Wisdom is the principal thing……’ Imade paused.
“So?” Yomade urged his wife to continue.
“Get wisdom and with all your getting, get understanding.” Imade quoted the scripture.
“Good. You are starting the fashion school this month and once you are through, you’ll start the business school. Is that okay by you?”
“Yes.” She said with a teary face.”
“My love, you want to cry because you are going back to school. MSc. is still there, you’ve not even gone for your Masters.” Yomade pointed out but his wife shot him a deadly look.
He laughed. “My love, no MSc. I’m just joking; just go for this two.”
“Better.” She said, puffed up like an inflated balloon. Imade would have gone for her Masters before she got married but she didn’t because she did not want either her sister or her sister’s husband; Lolu to sponsor her. She had hurt them so much back then and she believed she doesn’t deserve to collect a dime from them to further her education.
Read HERS NOT MINE to find out more about the story of Imade, her sister and her brother in-law.
Finally, in two years, Imade was through with both fashion and business school. And now this is the greatest surprise. The same month she finished from business school, Doctor Felix Adedeji; Yomade’s Uncle gave her a call. The man just clocked 60 years and the birthday party was massive.
Doctor Felix had took a liking for Imade ever since her involvement in her sister’s case. And when she now eventually married into their family, the love he had for her heightened. Doctor Felix Adedeji is so fond of Imade to the point that even Yomade, her husband is always jealous. Doctor Felix will come all the way to their house to visit them despite his busy schedule because he runs two hospital; one in Lagos, another in Abuja. And when he visits, he will tell Yomade, ‘I came because of your wife.’ And he will bring her so many goodies.
Doctor Felix was not okay with Imade’s joblessness, he knew Imade is not the type that wants to be a stay at home wife, he had tried to help her secure a job but nothing came out of it. He knew everybody in her life has a good job except her. Reason why he pampers her a lot so she won’t brood over her unemployment issue. Imade on the other hand still have it in mind that her joblessness has to do with the sins of the past. She used to tell her husband not to bother about her. ‘Maybe I’m paying for my sins.’ She will say but Yomade always tell her to get that notion out of her mind.
Imade decided to honour Doctor Felix’s call, he had told her to come see him at the hospital. She informed her husband that she is visiting his Uncle that particular day. She dressed up and left the house. On her way to the hospital, Imade kept on thinking about whatever it is that the man wants to discuss with her. She even thought Doctor Felix wants to talk about the child issue but to her surprise, it was something else they talked about.
Imade entered Doctor Felix’s office and he welcomed her warmly.
“I was happy when I heard that you are through with your courses.” Doctor Felix commended.
“Thank you so much sir.”
“Fashion and business school, done and dusted!”
“Done and dusted o…..I return all the glory to God sir.” Imade smiled.
“Hmm…..sincerely you really impressed me, some people will just sit at home doing nothing, all because they are waiting for a white collar job.”
“Sir, it’s my husband that we should thank for that o. Daddy, I will not lie to you, the day, Yomade first drove me to that fashion school, I cried. I was like, ‘Me! In fashion school.’”
“Eyah….” He shook his head slowly, the man understand how she might have felt.
“I mean…. I’m into sciences. And going to business school also was a tough one because I don’t know anything about it, especially the commercial courses that I never had an encounter with before but with God and encouragement from my husband and others including you, I finished strong.”
“That’s good to hear and I am happy for you.”
“Thank you sir.”
Doctor Felix rang the intercom and one of the hospital staff; Peace came in. He instructed her to get Imade refreshment. He asked Imade what she cared for and she said anything. He gave the woman money to get drinks; the woman left.
“What is your plan now?” Doctor Felix asked Imade.
“Hmm…my husband is planning to help me start up a small business.”
“What type of business?”
“Fashion business. I design wedding gown, so it’s going to be a bridal shop, sort of.”
“Like how much are we looking at?” Doctor Felix asked.
“Two million naira or thereabout.” She replied.
“Okay…..I have this non-governmental organization forum where you can have access to grant. I’ll send you a link online now, fill in all the details and send it back to me. I’ll do the follow up. Is that taken?”
“Yes sir.” She knelt down and thanked him.
“Stand up, I did not take you like an in-law, I took you like my own daughter. Well, maybe because I don’t have a daughter.” He joked and they both laughed.
The hospital staff that was sent on an errand entered into the office and placed everything she bought on the table.
“Thank you Peace.” Doctor Felix said, the woman handed him the change but he told her to keep it. She muttered words of appreciation. Imade also thanked the woman and she left.
“One more thing, send me soft copy of your business school and fashion school certificate.”
“Okay sir.” Imade replied him.
“Hmmm….” The man stared at the space, thinking. “You can also add your first degree certificate to it. It will make the push for the grant faster and the money too will make sense, at least something you can start up with.”
“Okay sir. I’ll do that sir.”
Doctor Felix checked his wristwatch. “I have surgery in….20 minutes. Imade that will be all. You can take your leave now.”
Imade went on her knees again and thanked him, she also thanked him for the refreshment as well.
That night when Yomade returned from work, Imade told her husband everything she and doctor Felix discussed.
“I don’t know what you gave to my Uncle o……I doubt if I even stepped a thousand naira of his money before.”
“Yomade Adedeji…….”
“I’m serious. Maybe when I was little but all through my growing up, I can’t recall him giving me anything. So, I don’t know the soap you are using o.”
“I don’t know too o…. Let’s just say it’s God’s favour.” Imade replied her husband.
“So you told him two million naira, right?” Yomade asked and she replied yes. “So my Uncle has access to grant and I never heard of it before.” Yomade said, still in awe.
“I think that explains Tobi’s new hospital.” Imade pointed out. Tobi is Doctor Felix’s only child who is also a doctor but his mum is late and the father never remarried, he only buried himself in work. Tobi used to work in his father’s hospital before but he now has his own hospital. And the hospital is big and well equipped.
“You are right.” He nodded.
A month later, Imade was in the kitchen serving her husband dinner, he just returned from work. She left the kitchen with the tray of food in her hand and placed the tray on the dining table, Yomade has already took a seat on the dining.
“Your phone beeped when you were in the kitchen. I think you have a message.” He informed his wife.
“Text message, it may be this network people jare. I’ll check later.”
“Nigerians…..so nobody can send you an SMS except your network provider abi.”
“Ah….Yomade can lecture somebody.”
“So, I’m now a lecturer because of the point made?”
“Okay…okay…I will check.” She waved him off. She hissed playfully and picked her phone. She opened the message and read. She was standing before but was she read was shocking; so she took a seat beside her husband who just started eating. She read the text message again and froze.
“Imade!!” His husband called out. She lifted up her eyes to look at him as tears flowed down her cheeks.
“So God is not punishing me for my sins. So, He has a better plan for me.” Imade cried on her husband who was still wondering what was going on. She handed her phone to him. Yomade read the message and screamed.
“10 million what?”
“10 million naira my love. They just paid the grant.” That night, Yomade couldn’t continue with the food he was eating. His stomach is filled with so much joy. They did not even bother to call Yomade’s Uncle; Doctor Felix, they drove straight to his house instead to thank him and to show their heart of gratitude.
To cut the long story short, that was how Mades Bridal’s World started. After paying a tithe of one million naira to God, the remaining nine million naira was invested into the fashion business. And the money Yomade was already saving for his wife’s business, he used it to get her a fine car. At least a whole CEO deserves a car, if not for anything, at least for packaging. That was how Imade’s breakthrough came suddenly.

Back To Present.
After the morning devotion, the couple took their bath and dressed up for work. Yomade was so late that he didn’t even wait to eat breakfast. Imade left for her own place of work immediately too because she has a meeting with a client that morning. She can’t afford to miss it, the client is rich; I mean extremely rich.

In the United State of America, (That same day: 2:00am USA time)
Lolu was sleeping in bed with his wife, Peju. She was sleeping with her head on her husband’s chest. She woke up from her sleep and started caressing her husband, she wants him. Lolu woke up but stylishly took his wife’s hands off his body. She persisted; he sighed.
“Sweetheart not now.”
“Lolu nau…….”She tried to draw him close to herself.
“Peju……I’m not in the mood. He gently took her hands off him again. “I’ll go check on the triplets.” He said and left the room.
Peju sighed. ‘What’s with him, we were good last night before we went to bed.’ She thought and then shrugged. She wore her robe and left the bedroom as well.
Peju went to the kids’ room, opened the door and stood by the door. He watched as her husband adjust the kids on their beds. The triplets are three years old, two boys and a girl. Asher, Dan and Christina by name.
When Lolu was through, instead of going back to the bedroom, he went to the sitting room and lay on the couch. Peju followed him, still wondering what’s up with him that morning. He closed his eyes but opened them when he had the feeling that his wife was standing there, staring at him.
“Peju, I’m sorry.”
“Leave sex, what is going on with you? You were lively all through yesterday.”
“What’s today’s date?” Lolu asked his wife and she answered him. Then it occur to Peju what was going on.
“Hold on, don’t tell me this is about my sister.”
“Today marks their third year wedding anniversary Peju and there is still no child!”Peju sat down and sighed.
“Lolu……you worry too much. They will have their own child, let’s keep on praying for them.”
“Peju, you know why I am like this! What if……”
She cut in. “She will have her own kids Lolu.”
“I will not be able to live with myself if she….”
“Lolu!”
“Peju, I’m sorry if I’m making you feel uncomfortable but I’m scared for Imade.
“If God can do ours and gave us triplets, then she will have her own kids by God’s grace.”
“Amen.”
“Let’s go back in, I promise not to disturb you.” She said and he obeyed and they both went back to the bedroom.
Lolu and his wife, Peju moved to the United States of America a week after Imade’s wedding and Imade happens to be Peju’s one and only blood sister.

2 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by koawole(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2023
How to make cool money online

Ask me how and I will show you proof.....

Barrick Gold Mining is the secret.

Contact me on WhatsApp 07066661632, and I will guide you on my constant earning on Barrick Gold Mining.

Legit 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2023
rachealfst:
Invite:
YoungBruzzy Herbiedeen genius43 Dinabella iamdynamite Calenikan aprilwise peejaylemmy Ann2012 Bukolaberry ADUKKY Bodydiialect57 Damilgodwin Zazaza Ven97 Ghostrider001 Nwiboko26 DemiKOL mostob AmaPaulOma Bollinah queentener beelon1020 Ngiokiema Babysuccess02

Mama!
I don come o.
Where is my popcorn?

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 4:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
Wow!
Thanks for this OP!
More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
DemiKOL:

Mama!
I don come o.
Where is my popcorn?
Welcome on board. It's good to have you here...

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2023
DemiKOL:
Wow!
Thanks for this OP!
More ink to your pen.
Amen. Thanks for your support always.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by TheBlessedMAN: 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2023
rachealfst:
Invite:
I wasn't invited? Why na? Or you think I'm the one responsible for the hike in petrol price?

It's not fair na... mama legend... invite me make I dey this new regime o
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
rachealfst:
Invite:

Present

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by Xeynab(f): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2023
Xeynab:
U posted dis story before and it wasn’t completed the readers were told to buy d complete story on Okada books
Is dere any reason y u are posting d story again
U posted dis story before and it wasn’t completed the readers were told to buy d complete story on Okada books
Is dis d continuation of “hers not mine”
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:35am On Jun 13, 2023
TheBlessedMAN:
I wasn't invited? Why na? Or you think I'm the one responsible for the hike in petrol price?

The Blessedman himself..... My wonderful writer, I'm so sorry. Welcome on board.

2 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2023
Xeynab:
This is another book entirely, though it's the continuation of Hers Not Mine.
So, Mine Not Yours is like the Season 2.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Ann2012:

Present
Welcome on board...

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2023
Mine Not Yours

CHAPTER 2
Welcome to Mades’ Bridal’s World.
MBW is a clothing line located in the heart of Lagos. A whole building is bought and dedicated to run the company. In MBW, they design wedding gowns, and their designs are pure invention by Imade through divine inspiration. So if you see the design elsewhere, just know they are imitations. MBW has quite a number of fashion designers who sew for the company and they have another department in the same building where they display and sell them. MBW is also into sales of bridal accessories, including shoes, bags, jewelries, fascinators and so on.
In the space of one year, MBW has grown and become popular in that environment, why? Referrals. The company renders good services to their clients and because of that, referrals kept on increasing.
Imade sat in her office swerving her chair as she goes through all the online congratulatory messages on her phone. So many people updated the picture of the couple on their status. Lolu celebrated them on his WhatsApp status as well, he also DM Imade and her husband, wishing their home the best. Imade also received some calls as well from family and friends. As she was replying messages, Doctor Felix called, she picked the call; He congratulated her and her husband.
“I heard you people are having a get-together, but you exempted we the old school abi?” Doctor Felix challenged her.
“Ah……Daddy no o….. It’s just Tobi and his fiancée that are coming for the dinner in the evening. Tobi planned it with Damilola o. In fact, they are bringing the dinner sef; we are not doing anything.” She explained. Damilola is Tobi’s fiancée.
“Tobi is not serious then, he told me the get-together is not for the old folks.”
“Daddy don’t mind Tobi, he is just pulling your legs.”
“That boy. Anyways, you guys should have fun.”
“Sure, we will sir.”
“By the way, you and Yomade should see me this week. This is your third year anniversary, so we need to talk.”
“Okay sir.” She replied.
“I already spoke with your husband too. So let me know when you are coming.”
“Alright sir.”
“Once again, happy wedding anniversary. Your home shall remain blessed and fruitful.”
“Amen in Jesus name.” Imade replied and the last prayer Doctor Felix said confirmed it all. The man wants to know the reason why the babies are not yet coming. He ended the call and Imade sighed. And when she was still trying to think, her sister’s call came through and she picked it.
“You are in Nigeria, yet you are still making my sex life suffer. Happy wedding anniversary by the way.” Peju joked.
“Sister mi…….thank you. Now why is your sex life suffering because of me?”
“Well the sex-starving actually started this morning.”
“I’m listening…..”
“Lolu is worried Imade, it’s been three years.” She informed and Imade sighed.
“Sister mi, don’t mind Uncle Lolu jare, I’ve told him kids will come at the right time.”
“How? When you and Yomade refused to seek medical help.” Peju pointed out.
“Sister mi…..”
“Imade you understand Lolu’s fears. Get help Imade, we need to know what is going on medically.”
“Well, I think we can’t escape that now. Doctor Felix just called. He wants to see my husband and me.”
“Good. God bless that man for me.” Doctor Felix was the fertility expert God used for Peju to have the triplets after years of childlessness.
“Amen. How are the triplets?”
“They are enjoying their father’s money.” Peju replied and Imade laughed.
“Sister mi……”
“Abi nau….me I’m jobless nau…”
“Madam workaholic, you still want to work when you have three healthy toddlers to take care of. It’s like your hands are not full enough.”
“Don’t mind me jare….. It’s just that I’m not use to this kind of life. A stay at home wife. I never wanted this….” Peju was still talking but was interrupted by the triplets. She shook her head as she pity her life, praying the kids won’t finish her off with their trouble.
‘Mummy!!’ Dan called out.
‘Leave my hair….’ Christina screamed.
‘It’s my toy……...’ Asher shouted. Imade too heard the voices of the kids in the background. She was just laughing.
“Imade abeg come and carry your children o.” Peju said and Imade laughed. “They can use wahala to finish somebody.”
“It’s a good problem sister mi.”
“You are right o. The Lord in his infinite mercy will give you yours in Jesus name.”
“Amen.”
“Oya come and speak to your Aunt o.” Peju called on the triplets and they rushed to her side.
“See, let me call back, once they know you are the one on phone, they will prefer a video call.” Peju said to her sister and disconnected and gave her a video call. The kids were so happy to see Imade’s face, the way they love Imade is unexplainable despite the fact that they left Nigeria at 6 months old. Sometimes, they will wake their parents in the middle of the night and say they want to speak with their aunt. Well, maybe the attachment just came naturally since God used Imade to play a major role in their existence. Peju eventually ended the call when the triplets were through speaking with her. The triplet were not actually through speaking with their aunt but Peju had to coerce them to end the call.
Imade’s intercom buzzed, she had another client. The client walked into her office, she attended to her. Another came in and after she was through, she knew it’s time to leave the office because of the dinner, dinner time is seven.
She stood up from her seat and started tiding up her things, then she remembered her conversation with her sister earlier. She sighed and sat back on the chair. Imade knew she needed to call Lolu but she felt reluctant because they hardly talk one on one. It’s either her sister calls and Lolu speaks with her or when the triplets tell him they want to speak with her that’s only when he calls. Also, if Yomade call to check on them, Imade can also seize the opportunity to talk to Lolu but she hardly pick up her phone and deliberately call Lolu directly; and all this is because of what happened in the past.
This time around, Imade decided to speak with him via video call. The two hardly talk via video calls except when the triplets are having a video call with Imade, that’s the only time they see each other’s face. She made the video call and his face came up on screen.
“Now we are doing video call!” He cocked his head.
“Now we are sex-starving your wife.” Imade countered.
“My wife told you?”
“Uncle Lolu!”
“So, that’s why you decide to make a video call?” He questioned.
“Oju loro wa.” Imade said in Yoruba. Some things are better discussed face to face. “You refused your wife sex because today is my third year wedding anniversary while my husband and I had a steamy sex this morning!”
“Oh! Now we are discussing our sex life. Wonderful!”
“Yeah…..Wonderful!” She mimicked him. “Uncle Lolu you denied your wife…..”
“It’s not about you.” He cut her off.
“Lie.”
“Fine. I’m worried and you guys are not even doing anything about it.” Lolu opened up.
“We’ll have kids Uncle Lolu.”
“When? Imade you can’t expect me to keep calm after everything that happened in the past. What if something went wrong?”
“Uncle Lolu just keep praying for us.”
“Sure but we need to do our part.”
“I know. I’ll do something about it.” Imade replied.
“Good. Now I think I can now say happy wedding anniversary in person.”
“Yea, in person because I’ve seen your hand all over the internet today.” She smiled. “Thank you.” She added.
“You’re welcome. Take care.”
“Take care too. Bye….” She said, he replied and she disconnected the video call. She picked her already packed bag and left the office. She stepped out and the female receptionist; Gloria greeted her. The company driver; Oga Titus who helped with the company delivery also stood up to acknowledged her presence, he wanted to collect her bag but she told him not to worry. Imade quickly stopped at the section where the fashion designers make clothes. He talked to the head designer; Sylvester also known as Sly and then left the place. She left the building and walked to her car, she saw the janitor; Mr. Abbey, she called on him, and he took a swift steps towards her. She gave him some instructions and she left in her car.

Tobi Adedeji; who is Yomade’s cousin and Doctor Felix’s son got engaged to his heartthrob some months ago and they are getting married in a month’s time. Tobi who was once heartbroken is now grateful to God for the lady God finally brought his way because Damilola; his fiancée is a wonderful human being. Imade clicked with her almost immediately when they met. Even Yomade liked the lady a lot, she is nothing compared with Tobi’s ex who almost choke life out of the easy going guy. Damilola and simplicity are 5&6, despite the fact that Tobi is rich, she never demands. She is from an average family but she has contentment and above all she is a sound child of God. Tobi is really blessed to have her. Well, both of them are blessed to have each other.
Since Damilola is preparing for her wedding, that automatically makes her a client of Mades Bridal’s World. And because she and Imade are buddies, she has nothing to worry about because Imade is doing all the necessary running around for her. Damilola is a medical laboratory personnel who works in a big private hospital but she just resigned from her former place of work to resume as the Chief Medical Laboratory Personnel in her soon-to-be husband’s hospital. Tobi now runs his own specialist hospital ‘Tender Heart Specialist Hospital’ with sophisticated laboratory equipment.
Yomade and his wife came back home early in order to prepare for the dinner. The two sat in the sitting room watching the TV, expecting their visitors. Then the doorbell chimed.
“I guess they are here.” Imade stood up to get the door; Yomade followed. She opened the door to the dashing soon to-be Mr. & Mrs.
“The two of you are too fine…..kilode!” Imade winked at them as she hugged each of them.
“See pot calling kettle black.” Damilola replied her with a plastered smile on her face. The two guys looked at each other and smiled. Then they hugged each other after the ladies were done.
“Happy wedding anniversary!” The couple to-be chorused.
“Thank you….” Yomade and his wife chorused too and they ushered them in. Tobi handed the dinner they bought from a foreign food restaurant and handed it over to Yomade.
Imade has gone to the kitchen and then returned with plates and cutleries, Damilola also joined her in setting the table. Finally, they all settled down to eat. And they also discussed while at it. When they were done, the ladies stood up just to clear the dishes but the guys insisted.
“No, we are pampering you ladies today.” Tobi muttered.
“Yea, we’ll do the dishes.” Yomade added.
“You planned this?” Imade said to the guys.
“Yes, we planned it.” They replied her.
“Okay……” The two ladies accepted and went back to sit on the couch, making themselves comfortable watching the TV. The two quickly discussed one or two things about the wedding because they are still expecting a particular delivery. The guys later showed up, they gist, laughed and saw a movie and afterwards; Yomade and his wife were in the front of their gate waving Tobi and his fiancée goodbye. They returned into the house when they drove off.
Days later, Yomade drove his wife to Tender Care Specialist Hospital to see Doctor Felix his Uncle who had summoned them. The couple already knew or let’s say guess what he wanted to discussed with them. They entered into his office and exchanged greetings, Doctor Felix then gesture for the couple to sit.
“Okay….” Doctor Felix sat down too and adjusted his white coat. “I know you already sensed why I asked you to come see me.” He paused and then continued. “What’s going on with you two? It’s been three years.” The couple did not say a word. “I hope you know I love babies, my wife and I were childless for years before we had Tobi. I know the feeling and that is why I’m passionate about my job because I don’t want to see another home suffer like mine. I travelled abroad and do a lot of research work just to achieve my aim and I bless God for using me to help several homes today.”
“You are really doing well sir.” Yomade commended.
“May the Lord continue to help and strengthen you.” Imade prayed.
“Amen.” Doctor Felix said and then he folded his arms across his chest looking from Yomade to his wife. “Is it deliberate or the babies are not coming?” Doctor Felix asked.
“It’s not deliberate sir. We believe the babies will come at the set time.” Yomade replied his Uncle.
“You know I never said anything before now because I felt if it was intentional.” Doctor Felix turned to Imade. “I thought maybe you want to first build your career and get to bond well as couple before having children but hello o…,” he looked from husband to wife “It’s three years. Reason why I called for this meeting.”
“It’s nothing of such sir.” Imade chipped in.
“Then let’s get the two of you tested and take it from there.”
“Thanks Uncle but we don’t want anything of such. If the baby wants to come, we want it to come naturally. We are happy and we are fulfilling destiny and impacting our world, let’s just face that assignment and I think that is the most important thing in life. And if God wants to give us the assignment of being a parent, then the children will eventually come in their own time.” Yomade explained and Doctor Felix sighed.
“Hmm….is that the decision of you both?” He asked the couple.
“Yes sir but let me not lie to you, Imade had wanted us to come see you after a year when the kids are not coming but I said no. I did not marry her because I wanted children. I married her because I saw her clearly in my future and I want to spend the rest of my life with her and help each other fulfil destiny.” Yomade explained further.
“Okay, if that’s how you want it, so be it but whenever you change your mind, just know I will be right here for you.”
“Okay sir.” The couple chorused. They thanked Doctor Felix for his concern.
The two left the hospital and went back home since that day was a public holiday. The drive home was quiet, they got home and went straight into their bedroom and changed into house wears.
Imade was the first to leave the bedroom, she went to the sitting room, put on the TV and settled down as he scanned through the channel and picked a fashion TV.
Yomade joined her shortly, he was with his phone; he browsed through and then placed the phone beside him and then joined to watch the program his wife was watching on fashion TV. One thing about Yomade is that he is a fan of Imade’s job and he will do anything to support his wife’s career and that includes watching the fashion TV channel with her and then they rub minds as they watched and fish out the trending things that are useful for Imade’s brand but things are a bit different today because they never spoke a word to each other since they left the hospital. Yomade knew her wife was quiet because of the discussion they had with his Uncle at the hospital but he thought the atmosphere will change when they get home but Imade is not even talking unlike before when she will carry her husband along as they talk about the stuff they watch on TV.
“Imade was with this cold attitude?” He asked his wife. In her mind, she was like, ‘this is the time for me to pour out my heart.’ Imade reduced the volume of the TV before answering him.
“Yomade Adedeji, why did you still insist on not getting tested after three years? We need to re-consider.”
“No!! I’m not having this conversation with you. We already have an agreement.”
“Yomade, what exactly are you scared of, between me and you, can you please tell me the truth.” She asked but he didn’t reply her. “Just open up to me! Yomade this is all about the abortion, right.” He raised his eyeball and looked at her. “Yomade you are scared, just admit it.” He still did not say a word. “Then let me go check myself to know if something is wrong.”
“And that is my point. I don’t want to find out.”
“Yomade…..”
“I hope you know we’ll have to come out clean about the abortion.”
“Then, let’s use another hospital if you are not comfortable with your Uncle.”
“It’s not even about him.”
“Of course I know, it’s just another excuse.” Imade muttered and stood up.
“Where are you going? You want to walk out on me?”
“I want to be alone.”
“Really! Today is public holiday, we planned to spend time together and now this!” Yomade said soberly.
She sighed and returned to her seat and sat beside him. If Imade is not sure of anything in her life, she is sure of one thing, Yomade loves her with every fibre in him. She moved closer to him and placed her head on his chest. He raised her chin so she could looked him in the eye, as they looked at each other eye ball to eye ball, Imade couldn’t hold the tears any longer, she released it and the tears flowed down her cheeks.
“Imade please stop, don’t do this to me.” He said and quickly cleaned her face but she was still crying. “Imade you are hurting me. I can’t stand it when you cry and you know this, so please….just stop, we will be fine.”
“Okay.” She replied and he dried her face with his hands.
“Thank you.” He muttered and kissed her on the forehead. “You know I love you with everything inside of me Imade.”
“I think I know that.” She replied with a smile and he took her lips in his, right there and then, they made love to each other.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2023
Invite:
Dailyhappenings 100smile Modesite pauliuv Idaraobong5 enifomeogba AdiscoPele Tarokboy Onomefavy123 ChocolateAnon synw Vidamia aylahome bookwizard kingofcasting dawno2008 Maka91
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:52am On Jun 13, 2023
Xeynab:
Don't Tell me you did not read Hers Not Mine. I mean the complete story. Aww....
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 7:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
Mine Not Yours

CHAPTER 3
Nigerians in Diaspora had a big event in the United State of America that lasted a week and during this program, Lolu was named ‘Nigerian in Diaspora that is making the country proud in a short while.’ This award was given to him by the Chairman/CEO of the Nigerian in Diaspora Commission because Lolu had just spend three years abroad but he was doing excellently well in his private organization where he is currently a managing partner and he has also been of great help to the US Nigerians in Diaspora organization. He has helped in his own capacity to ensure immigrants finds their feet in the foreign land. It was his empathy for his fellow struggling Nigerians in the US that made him stand out the most. Nine other Nigerians were also awarded that very day making a total of ten awards given out.
The last day of the event was actually the day the awards were presented, the pictures of the ten people who got the award was all over the internet. Lolu’s picture is all over the internet and that of his wife and kids. People were wowed at the way he was managing his career and family at the same time especially for someone who has a successful marriage.
Imade was in her office as she read through the bloggers post and she was so proud of her brother in-law. Her phone starts buzzing and she was like ‘I’m not the one that won an award nau.’ Her parent in-laws and others called and that includes Doctor Felix, his son, Tobi and Tobi’s fiancée; Damilola. Few church members who attended Imade’s wedding also sent their congratulatory message. Friends who also knew she was related to Lolu called to congratulate Lolu and the family. Some people even updated Lolu’s picture on their Whatsapp status, Facebook and the rest but Imade couldn’t do that, same with her husband. They had a past that must not get out to the public. Well, the only person who is out of radar is Sarah, Yomade’s cousin.
Imade was even thinking that when Sarah hears the news of Lolu, she will eventually come out of her shell and at least send a text message because Sarah was one person that enjoyed Lolu’s heart of benevolence the most when she was an undergraduate all because she shared the same flat with Imade but to Imade’s surprise, she didn’t beep her all through.
Imade tried her sister’s line; Peju it was not reachable. ‘I trust my sister, she has placed her phone on airplane mode.’ She said to herself. So she decide to call the home line and that went through.
“Sister mi, e pa phone ni?’’ She asked if her sister put off her phone.
“I had to put it on airplane mode, my phone was on fire.” She replied Imade who congratulated her sister and she gave the full gist of how everything happened.
“I’m glad he is making us proud.” Imade pointed out.
“Yes o but wait, I deserve an award too o. I left my job to take care of his children who will give me an award for that.” Peju said playfully.
“God….” Imade slapped her temple and laughed. “And the award of the mother of Lolu’s children goes to…….” Imade laughed the more.
“Oo serious. See your mouth. Do you think it’s easy to be taking care of children?”
“Sister mi…..if somebody hear you now, they will think you are doing it all alone but you have your husband and a care giver over there.”
“Ah……is that what you will say. Please, when are you planning to come? In fact, my husband and I need to go on a vacation. Come and spend a day here with the triplet with the care giver around and see what it looks like. Three toddlers fa!’ Peju pointed out and Imade growled playfully.
“Okay, don’t worry. You will get your own award from your husband.”
“Who is talking about husband award? I want National award abeg, I deserve it.” Peju said and Imade laughed. She asked after the triplets and she replied that they are taking a nap.
“The three at the same time?” Imade questioned.
“It’s a miracle.”
“I pray you will always see that kind of miracle o.” She joked and Peju laughed and replied ‘amen.’
“Have you spoken with Lolu?” Peju asked.
“No, I just sent him a message.”
“Message. I doubt if he saw it, there are numerous messages on his phone o. Maybe, he will find time to read them later.” Peju explained.
“Reason why I didn’t call, I know he will be too busy to pick calls.”
“Lolu will now see your call and not pick it abi.”
“Just congratulate him for me.”
“Imade you are avoiding Lolu.”
“Now you get it. Your husband is on my neck concerning this pregnancy issue.”
“I know, God will do it but you and Yomade are not taking this thing serious. That’s the reason for Lolu’s concern.”
“Sister mi, our decision is to wait till the baby comes naturally.”
“Then be ready for Lolu! Ire o.” (Goodbye) Peju said. Imade shook her head and bade her goodbye too and ended the call.
Around 5pm, Imade starting rounding up for the day, she was only waiting for her husband to come pick her up, he was the one who drop her off in the morning. They do this when they have weekly service in church. They use one car instead of driving in different cars whenever they have service in church. Fifteen minutes later, Yomade called that he was outside, so Imade joined him in the car as they drove to church for Bible study.
“How was your day?” He asked his wife and she replied.
“Yours?” She asked.
“Fine. Congratulations to Uncle Lolu once again.” He said, they only talked via chat during the working hours.”
“Thank you….”
“Have you called him?”
“I sent him a message but I called my sister.”
“Okay. I dropped a message for both of them but I will call them before I go to bed.”
“Just call the home line if you want to reach them faster. Even my sister’s phone is on airplane mode.”
“Okay.” He replied her. Few minutes to 6pm, they were already in church and by 7pm, they were done and returned home.

A week later, when everything had died down, Lolu eventually started reading his messages and saw Imade’s message, so he decided to call her.
“Hello sir.” She said jokingly because he knew he will scold her for not calling him.
“So you cannot call me abi, it’s me that you are sending congratulatory message to.”
“I thought you will be busy nau…”
“You! Are! Not! Serious!” He said and she laughed.
“You think it’s funny, right.”
“Ema binu sir.” (I’m sorry sir) Imade pleaded.
“Okay o…”
“Uncle Lolu…..I’m proud of you.”
“Are you sure about that statement?”
“Double sure. You know you will always be my hero.”
“Don’t let your husband come for my head.” He said and she laughed.
“Let’s just leave it like that.” Imade stated. They spoke for some seconds and later ended the call.

Days later, Yomade came back earlier than his wife, Imade had called that she has an impromptu meeting with a VIP customer. The client is always busy during the day and can only meet in the evening. She got back from work few minutes past eight that night, Yomade had already prepared dinner, so they ate dinner and retired to bed, just then when they were about making out, Imade’s phone rang.
“O…..who wants to use their reggae to spoil my blues nau…?” Yomade complained jokingly. Imade smiled and reached out for her phone to check the caller.
“It’s your sister.” Imade informed and he rolled his eyes, Yomade knew the call will take forever, for Shammah to call at night. His sister and his wife are gist buddies. Imade picked the call.
“You just spoil market for your brother, you know.” Imade said and Shammah laughed.
“Abeg, he should go and sleep jo.”
“You are not serious, tell your husband to go and sleep at nine o’clock.”
“Christ! Am I on speaker?” Shammah questioned. Imade laughed instead because truly the phone call was placed on speaker. “But seriously egbon, you should be watching network news by now.” She clapped back.
“Good luck to your husband who watches NTA. So you guys should just stay in your lane abeg.” He said and the ladies laughed. Shammah’s husband; Ola rarely subscribes on cable television, he claims the power supply in their area is bad and it is just waste of money to subscribe since they will only put on generator for just few hours at night before they go to sleep. They have two kids now, a girl who is four years old and a boy who is two years old. For the kids, the couple downloaded cartoons online, transferred it to a laptop and then copied them on a flash. So anytime its cartoon time for the kids, they just insert the flash on their TV USB port and the kids watch their cartoon. And seriously this is not a bad idea but Yomade claims Ola is stingy. Ola is not Yomade’s favourite person at all. Imade had tried her best to make him see the good side of Ola but Yomade never budged and we can’t really blame him, Ola too did not have a good record with Yomade and he never apologized to Yomade, if not an apology, at least make peace for what his family member did to his wife in the past.
“Anyways…..I call to give you guys good news.” Shammah informed Imade and her brother.
“Wow! We are all ears.” Imade muttered.
“I just got a job.” She revealed and the couple screamed for joy. Ever since Shammah lost her first job, thanks to her late father in-law, she had been home assuming the role of a fulltime housewife and that is like more than four years ago.
“At last Shammah!” Yomade pointed out and made a sigh of relief because he has also tried to no avail in getting her a job.
“I am so happy to hear this news, my day is fulfilled.” Imade poured out from the bottom of her heart because she understand what joblessness is. And she also knew the man Shammah married is not like her own husband who will go out of his way to please his wife. There are so many things that Shammah needed badly but couldn’t afford to get since she is not working. Thank God she even have a sister in-law like Imade who always sense when she needs something and help her fix it.
Shammah gave them a gist of how God used a guy on her street for her, the guy; Suraju has no job, he just walk from one house to the other on the street to gist with friends. Suraju is in his late twenties, living under his parents’ roof and living off them and he is the only child. School, he did not go, hand-work, he did not learn but someone who people consider as a nonentity in the street helped Shammah secure a job in a telecommunication company in Lagos. Shammah narrated that the day Suraju came to play with them, he asked her why she is not working and Shammah replied him that she wants to work but she couldn’t secure a decent job and she doesn’t like teaching, she believed teaching profession is a calling and she can’t just dabble into it because of money while she knew she has zero dedication for the job.
So Suraju said he has an Uncle who works in a telecommunication company and he is a boss in the company and the Uncle was raised by his father and if he ask him anything he will do it because he was able to get to the top through God and his father’s help.
Suraju even went an extra mile by telling his Uncle to make Shammah a boss, that the position she must get must attract an official car.
Shammah thought Suraju was bluffing but he collected her CV and left. And a month later, she was called for an interview and now they called her that she should come resume for training as she has been employed and truly the position she was given gave her an access to an official car just as Suraju as requested. Indeed, God can use anyone to uplift a person.
Yomade and his wife were astonished by the time Shammah was through with her story. They asked her about her kids’ warfare and she said, she can still afford to take them to school in the morning and go pick them up in the evening and since she has an official car, this will make things easy for her.
Imade quickly hijacked the situation because all along, as Shammah was sharing the story, Imade was just thinking about Suraju’s life and future. A guy in his late 20s with no future ambition.
“Shammah I think we should do something about Suraju’s case. He can’t continue living like that.”
“You are right, that came to my mind.” Her husband added.
“Hmm…..you guys are right. I’m thinking on even giving him monthly allowance from my salary.” Shammah stated.
“He will squander it.” Yomade pointed out.
“My husband is right Shammah, what he needs is Jesus, because his head needs to be corrected, he needs salvation and his problem could even be spiritual.” Imade added.
“Hmm…..you are right o Imade. What do you suggest we do now?”
“We need to meet him, so we can take it from there.” Imade stated.
“That is okay, just let me know when you are available so I can try and bring him on board.”
“Okay.” The couple chorused. They all exchanged the evening greetings and the line went off.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by cenaman(m): 8:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
TheBlessedMAN:

Oga come and complete countless, I carry God beg you cry cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2023
rachealfst:
Invite:

Present ma
More blessing 🙏🙏🙏
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by mostob(m): 10:27pm On Jun 15, 2023
Following bumper to bumper.
I admire the gradual introduction of the characters. And the humour in this story eh..grin
I will only suggest that you interpret the Yorubas in the stories for the sake of those who don't understand the language.
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
Calenikan:

Present ma
More blessing 🙏🙏🙏
Amen. Welcome on board.
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
mostob:
Following bumper to bumper.
I admire the gradual introduction of the characters. And the humour in this story eh..grin
I will only suggest that you interpret the Yorubas in the stories for the sake of those who don't understand the language.
Noted sir. Welcome on board.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
Mine Not Yours

CHAPTER 4
Finally, Tobi and Damilola got married. It was an elaborate wedding, the celebration was massive. Tobi now has his own specialist hospital, Tender Heart Specialist Hospital. His wife Dammy, also works in her husband’s hospital. She is also a medical personnel so she handled the entire hospitals laboratory where all kinds of medical test and X-rays are being run. She’s not as busy as her husband, since she had enough hands running the department she only oversees things in her department. Dammy who is now Imade’s new BFF spend most of her free time with Imade. The two of them are same age actually and they eventually got to a stage where they discuss personal matters and Damilola never cease to counsel Imade as regards her fertility issue. She kept on suggesting medical test and Imade opened up to her that she only refrained from getting tested because of her husband.
The two used to spend time together, they go to the restaurant and have lunch together but they don’t share bills. Anyone who calls for the date pays. There are Friday evenings they hang out especially when their husbands are busy with work. And if they go for shopping, the person who invited the other will also ensure buying something for the other and they always ensure they get their husbands a gift as well. So anytime Yomade and Tobi hear that their wives are going for shopping, they are always happy because they know a gift awaits them once they get home. Dammy opened up to Imade and told her about her past but Imade couldn’t bring herself to revealing hers but Imade was grateful that she has a friend who willing confided in her.
Dammy only dated one person all her life before she met Tobi, Her relationship with Lucius was a great one but genotype issue eventually separated them. Dammy is AS while the guy’s genotype is AA according to the result the guy had with him but when it was few months for them to get married, Dammy’s Parents insisted they go for another test because they don’t want to take chances since their daughter is a sickle cell carrier. The two went for another text and the result showed the guy is AS. As if it was a joke, they had to redo the test twice again and the results still shows AS. Dammy and Lucious had no choice even though it was a tough decision to make but they had to break up. And this make Dammy locked up her mind completely and it took her another three years before she could open up her heart to any guy and that was the time she met Tobi.
“What about your ex, is he married?” Imade asked Dammy the day she told her the story and she replied that the guy too is still single and not in a relationship yet.
“Imade, he doesn’t love easily, I’m even scared for him.” Dammy pointed out.
“Do you know what my spirit is telling me right now?” She asked Dammy.
“No and I want to know.”
“The guy is waiting for you to get married first.” Imade revealed.
“Are you for real.”
“That was the word that dropped in my spirit. He has found love again.”
“Imade are you saying…..”
“Yes, it’s not as if he hasn’t found the right person, he is only stalling because of you.”
“Jesus Christ!” Dammy exclaimed in amazement.
“Mark my words, you’ll get his wedding invitation after your wedding.”
“Are you for real.”
“Dammy, I repeat. Mark my words!”
“Okay……But sincerely, it’s hard to believe.” She muttered but Imade shouldered. That was the discussion they closed their gist with that very day and everyone returned to their respective homes.

****** One Saturday morning, after taking breakfast, Yomade and his wife left the house for his parents’ it’s been a while they visited them. The two dressed in matching native wears with a radiant look on their faces. They may not have kids yet but they have peace of mind. Mummy and Daddy Adedeji were happy to see them and they were well received.
Imade is blessed in so many ways and that includes having one of the best parent in-laws any woman can ask for. Yomade’s parent took her like their own daughter, they were intentional about it, knowing that Imade had lost her parents at an early age, so taking Imade as their one was something they consciously worked at. And Imade felt it because she has that sense of belonging, she could boldly say she is part of that family. She didn’t grow up with a parent but God made her find one in her husband’s parents.
Yomade and his wife moved the foodstuff, packed soup and vegetable they brought into the kitchen, assisted by his wife, Imade kept the packaged soup and vegetable into the fridge. They also bought some toiletries which Yomade kept in his parents’ bedroom. After keeping everything in their rightful place, they settled down with their parents, who thanked them and blessed them.
The four had light discussions here and there, Yomade cracked jokes and made everyone laugh as well. Luckily there was light, which made the whole place cool and also lively. Then later Imade asked her parents in-laws if there is anything they want her and Yomade to help them with in the house and they said ‘nothing.’ The couple looked around themselves and everything was in place. Yomade’s parents are just the two people living in the house, though they have tenants, a family man with his wife and three children stays in a flat next to them so Yomade’s parents are not the only one in the compound. Yomade wanted to get them a house help but his parents said they don’t need one.
Yomade’s father, later went into the bedroom to take a nap, so left in the sitting room was Yomade, his wife and his mum. Then the woman spoke up.
“Yomade, how far with you and your wife. We’ve been praying for you concerning the fruit of the womb but I just felt I should also hear from you as well as a mother. Let me know what is going on exactly, so we can know where to channel our prayers.” The woman poured out calmly.
“We are praying too mummy and I know God will answer all our prayers.”
“Amen. You know the reason why I asked is that I want to be sure if the delay is natural or from you guys because your father even said that you children of nowadays don’t like giving birth immediately after wedding that you may want to pursue your career first and also use the period to bond well.” She paused and then continued. “But from what you told me just now, it is clear that it is not what it is and so we will intensify more in our prayers and I believe that very soon, God will answer you in Jesus name.”
“Amen.” The couple chorused.
“I carried Shammah’s children, I will also carry yours too in Jesus name.”
“Please o, whatever the doctors ask you to do, please do it.”
“We will ma.” The couple chorused again, even though they know they’ve not seen any doctor as regards the issue. And they had to just reply the woman so she will not find out that they’ve not been to the hospital for a test. They thanked her and Yomade stood up.
“I want to get a drink in the kitchen. Imade, do you care for one?” He asked his wife.
“No, I’m okay.” She replied him and he left. Then Imade knelt down before her mother in-law and thanked her over again. She nudged her to get up, so she sat back.
“Mummy, I’m really blessed to have you and Daddy. Thank you for taking me as your own daughter. You have filled up the vacuum my parents left with your love and I am so so grateful.”
“All thanks to God my dear, me I have already took a liking in you right from your undergraduate days that you came here to spend the holiday and the very day that Yomade declared you as his wife, that very day, you automatically become my second daughter.”
“Mummy, you won’t understand the reasons why I am this grateful, you know I’ve heard so many stories about mother in-law but marrying into this family made me realized that I am blessed.”
“Hmm….” The woman sighed.
“Okay, Mummy, look at this baby issue on ground, some mother in-law would have been on their daughter in-law’s neck but Mummy you are so calm about it.”
“Why won’t I be calm about it my daughter, am I God that gives children? No, I’m not and so whatever is not in my power to do, then the only person I can take it to, is God. Why will I be disturbing you for something I don’t have control over?” Mummy Adedeji poured out and this time, it was Imade’s turn to sigh. She knelt down again.
“Thank you Mummy, your joy will be full over us in Jesus name.”
“Amen.” Mummy Adedeji said and helped Imade up, “Where is your husband?” Yomade’s mum asked Imade. It just occurred to them that Yomade who went to the kitchen for a drink is yet to return.
“Right here.” Yomade replied her mum. Yomade was already behind them watching his wife and mother all along, he only decided to stay put so as not to interrupt the mother-daughter discussion.
“Eavesdropping is a sin you know.” Imade joked.
“Oh, I forgot, Imade’s 20th commandment. ‘Thou shall not eavesdrop.’” Her husband replied her and they all laughed. “I thought you needed the alone-time anyway.” Yomade gestured and his mum smiled.
“It’s past one, we should be making lunch, right.” Imade pointed out.
“Hmm….yes.” Her mother in-law replied.
“What are we having for lunch?” Imade asked her.
“Anything you two feel like eating is okay by me and my husband.” She replied.
“Okay ma,” and with that information, Imade turned to her husband. “Oya, what do you want for lunch?” Imade asked her husband.
“Anything other than what we took for breakfast is fine by me.” Yomade replied his wife. They ate Rice and beans with meat stew that morning.
“Let’s prepare swallow then.” Imade suggested. “Is amala okay?” She asked and everyone agreed.
Imade went into the kitchen and light the gas and boiled water for the amala. Her husband walked right in.
“What can I help you with?” Yomade asked.
“Nothing, we already brought vegetable stew, all I need to do is just to make the amala once the water is boiled.” She replied her husband.
“Okay….let me keep you company then.”
“No problem….by the way, I’m thinking we should visit Shammah next month.” She said.
“Visit Shammah’s place! I’ll pass.” Yomade waved it off and his mum walked in on their discussion.
“Yomade……” The woman drawled. “Ola has really changed, I don’t know why you kept on avoiding him.
“Abi o, my husband still have his reservations when it comes to Uncle Ola and I have also told him severally to just let go of the past.” Imade said to her mother in-law.
How Ola treated Yomade’s sister, Shammah in the early years of their marriage is still an issue that Yomade’s couldn’t just get out of his mind. The way Ola’s father physically abused Shammah and also the two brother in-laws who mistreated her and the most annoying for Yomade is the fact that Ola who is supposed to protect his wife did nothing about it and allowed his family walk over his wife really pained Yomade to the bone but the truth is that things are not like that anymore and Shammah is now happy in her marriage but Yomade couldn’t just bring himself to forget Ola’s shortcomings as the man of the house back then.
“Oko mi……. (my son)” Yomade’s mum said to his son, “Please forgive and forget.”
“Have forgiven him mum but I don’t think I can forget how those people made my only sister suffer while I am still alive and breathing.” Yomade poured out, his mum walked close to him and patted his back even though Yomade is way taller than her.
“It’s okay oko mi. Everything is good now.”
“Alright mummy. We’ll visit them next month.”
“Ose oko mi.” The woman smiled. Imade who was standing next to her husband also patted his back and winked at him, then she looked up.
“Water has boiled o….” Imade announced and quickly rushed towards the gas and opened the pot, everything she needed is set, the turner, yam flour and the rest. So she started making the amala. Yomade’s mum has left and it’s just the two. While Imade was fixing the amala, Yomade rinsed four flat ceramic plates and four soup bowls and passed it to his wife. He also retrieved the vegetable from the freezer and put some in the pot, once the pot of amala is off the gas, he placed the pot of vegetable on it.
Imade who have told her husband to leave the kitchen but he didn’t because that is how they run things in the family she’s married into. When Mummy Adedeji is cooking, Daddy is always with her giving a helping hand.
Imade dished the food and served everyone with Yomade who was giving her a helping hand. Yomade’s father is awake by now, so they called him for lunch. Everyone ate together on the dining and Yomade’s mum commended the amala and vegetable soup Imade made. Imade smiled and thanked her too. The couple were there till evening and they left for their house.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by DemiKOL(f): 8:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
Thanks for the update Op!

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by Olarewaju89: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
rachealfst:
Mine Not Yours

CHAPTER 4
Finally, Tobi and Damilola got married. It was an elaborate wedding, the celebration was massive. Tobi now has his own specialist hospital, Tender Heart Specialist Hospital. His wife Dammy, also works in her husband’s hospital. She is also a medical personnel so she handled the entire hospitals laboratory where all kinds of medical test and X-rays are being run. She’s not as busy as her husband, since she had enough hands running the department she only oversees things in her department. Dammy who is now Imade’s new BFF spend most of her free time with Imade. The two of them are same age actually and they eventually got to a stage where they discuss personal matters and Damilola never cease to counsel Imade as regards her fertility issue. She kept on suggesting medical test and Imade opened up to her that she only refrained from getting tested because of her husband.
The two used to spend time together, they go to the restaurant and have lunch together but they don’t share bills. Anyone who calls for the date pays. There are Friday evenings they hang out especially when their husbands are busy with work. And if they go for shopping, the person who invited the other will also ensure buying something for the other and they always ensure they get their husbands a gift as well. So anytime Yomade and Tobi hear that their wives are going for shopping, they are always happy because they know a gift awaits them once they get home. Dammy opened up to Imade and told her about her past but Imade couldn’t bring herself to revealing hers but Imade was grateful that she has a friend who willing confided in her.
Dammy only dated one person all her life before she met Tobi, Her relationship with Lucius was a great one but genotype issue eventually separated them. Dammy is AS while the guy’s genotype is AA according to the result the guy had with him but when it was few months for them to get married, Dammy’s Parents insisted they go for another test because they don’t want to take chances since their daughter is a sickle cell carrier. The two went for another text and the result showed the guy is AS. As if it was a joke, they had to redo the test twice again and the results still shows AS. Dammy and Lucious had no choice even though it was a tough decision to make but they had to break up. And this make Dammy locked up her mind completely and it took her another three years before she could open up her heart to any guy and that was the time she met Tobi.
“What about your ex, is he married?” Imade asked Dammy the day she told her the story and she replied that the guy too is still single and not in a relationship yet.
“Imade, he doesn’t love easily, I’m even scared for him.” Dammy pointed out.
“Do you know what my spirit is telling me right now?” She asked Dammy.
“No and I want to know.”
“The guy is waiting for you to get married first.” Imade revealed.
“Are you for real.”
“That was the word that dropped in my spirit. He has found love again.”
“Imade are you saying…..”
“Yes, it’s not as if he hasn’t found the right person, he is only stalling because of you.”
“Jesus Christ!” Dammy exclaimed in amazement.
“Mark my words, you’ll get his wedding invitation after your wedding.”
“Are you for real.”
“Dammy, I repeat. Mark my words!”
“Okay……But sincerely, it’s hard to believe.” She muttered but Imade shouldered. That was the discussion they closed their gist with that very day and everyone returned to their respective homes.

****** One Saturday morning, after taking breakfast, Yomade and his wife left the house for his parents’ it’s been a while they visited them. The two dressed in matching native wears with a radiant look on their faces. They may not have kids yet but they have peace of mind. Mummy and Daddy Adedeji were happy to see them and they were well received.
Imade is blessed in so many ways and that includes having one of the best parent in-laws any woman can ask for. Yomade’s parent took her like their own daughter, they were intentional about it, knowing that Imade had lost her parents at an early age, so taking Imade as their one was something they consciously worked at. And Imade felt it because she has that sense of belonging, she could boldly say she is part of that family. She didn’t grow up with a parent but God made her find one in her husband’s parents.
Yomade and his wife moved the foodstuff, packed soup and vegetable they brought into the kitchen, assisted by his wife, Imade kept the packaged soup and vegetable into the fridge. They also bought some toiletries which Yomade kept in his parents’ bedroom. After keeping everything in their rightful place, they settled down with their parents, who thanked them and blessed them.
The four had light discussions here and there, Yomade cracked jokes and made everyone laugh as well. Luckily there was light, which made the whole place cool and also lively. Then later Imade asked her parents in-laws if there is anything they want her and Yomade to help them with in the house and they said ‘nothing.’ The couple looked around themselves and everything was in place. Yomade’s parents are just the two people living in the house, though they have tenants, a family man with his wife and three children stays in a flat next to them so Yomade’s parents are not the only one in the compound. Yomade wanted to get them a house help but his parents said they don’t need one.
Yomade’s father, later went into the bedroom to take a nap, so left in the sitting room was Yomade, his wife and his mum. Then the woman spoke up.
“Yomade, how far with you and your wife. We’ve been praying for you concerning the fruit of the womb but I just felt I should also hear from you as well as a mother. Let me know what is going on exactly, so we can know where to channel our prayers.” The woman poured out calmly.
“We are praying too mummy and I know God will answer all our prayers.”
“Amen. You know the reason why I asked is that I want to be sure if the delay is natural or from you guys because your father even said that you children of nowadays don’t like giving birth immediately after wedding that you may want to pursue your career first and also use the period to bond well.” She paused and then continued. “But from what you told me just now, it is clear that it is not what it is and so we will intensify more in our prayers and I believe that very soon, God will answer you in Jesus name.”
“I carried Shammah’s children, I will also carry yours too in Jesus name.”
“Please o, whatever the doctors ask you to do, please do it.”
“We will ma.” The couple chorused again, even though they know they’ve not seen any doctor as regards the issue. And they had to just reply the woman so she will not find out that they’ve not been to the hospital for a test. They thanked her and Yomade stood up.
“I want to get a drink in the kitchen. Imade, do you care for one?” He asked his wife.
“No, I’m okay.” She replied him and he left. Then Imade knelt down before her mother in-law and thanked her over again. She nudged her to get up, so she sat back.
“Mummy, I’m really blessed to have you and Daddy. Thank you for taking me as your own daughter. You have filled up the vacuum my parents left with your love and I am so so grateful.”
“All thanks to God my dear, me I have already took a liking in you right from your undergraduate days that you came here to spend the holiday and the very day that Yomade declared you as his wife, that very day, you automatically become my second daughter.”
“Mummy, you won’t understand the reasons why I am this grateful, you know I’ve heard so many stories about mother in-law but marrying into this family made me realized that I am blessed.”
“Hmm….” The woman sighed.
“Okay, Mummy, look at this baby issue on ground, some mother in-law would have been on their daughter in-law’s neck but Mummy you are so calm about it.”
“Why won’t I be calm about it my daughter, am I God that gives children? No, I’m not and so whatever is not in my power to do, then the only person I can take it to, is God. Why will I be disturbing you for something I don’t have control over?” Mummy Adedeji poured out and this time, it was Imade’s turn to sigh. She knelt down again.
“Thank you Mummy, your joy will be full over us in Jesus name.”
“Amen.” Mummy Adedeji said and helped Imade up, “Where is your husband?” Yomade’s mum asked Imade. It just occurred to them that Yomade who went to the kitchen for a drink is yet to return.
“Right here.” Yomade replied her mum. Yomade was already behind them watching his wife and mother all along, he only decided to stay put so as not to interrupt the mother-daughter discussion.
“Eavesdropping is a sin you know.” Imade joked.
“Oh, I forgot, Imade’s 20th commandment. ‘Thou shall not eavesdrop.’” Her husband replied her and they all laughed. “I thought you needed the alone-time anyway.” Yomade gestured and his mum smiled.
“It’s past one, we should be making lunch, right.” Imade pointed out.
“Hmm….yes.” Her mother in-law replied.
“What are we having for lunch?” Imade asked her.
“Anything you two feel like eating is okay by me and my husband.” She replied.
“Okay ma,” and with that information, Imade turned to her husband. “Oya, what do you want for lunch?” Imade asked her husband.
“Anything other than what we took for breakfast is fine by me.” Yomade replied his wife. They ate Rice and beans with meat stew that morning.
“Let’s prepare swallow then.” Imade suggested. “Is amala okay?” She asked and everyone agreed.
Imade went into the kitchen and light the gas and boiled water for the amala. Her husband walked right in.
“What can I help you with?” Yomade asked.
“Nothing, we already brought vegetable stew, all I need to do is just to make the amala once the water is boiled.” She replied her husband.
“Okay….let me keep you company then.”
“No problem….by the way, I’m thinking we should visit Shammah next month.” She said.
“Visit Shammah’s place! I’ll pass.” Yomade waved it off and his mum walked in on their discussion.
“Yomade……” The woman drawled. “Ola has really changed, I don’t know why you kept on avoiding him.
“Abi o, my husband still have his reservations when it comes to Uncle Ola and I have also told him severally to just let go of the past.” Imade said to her mother in-law.
How Ola treated Yomade’s sister, Shammah in the early years of their marriage is still an issue that Yomade’s couldn’t just get out of his mind. The way Ola’s father physically abused Shammah and also the two brother in-laws who mistreated her and the most annoying for Yomade is the fact that Ola who is supposed to protect his wife did nothing about it and allowed his family walk over his wife really pained Yomade to the bone but the truth is that things are not like that anymore and Shammah is now happy in her marriage but Yomade couldn’t just bring himself to forget Ola’s shortcomings as the man of the house back then.
“Oko mi……. (my son)” Yomade’s mum said to his son, “Please forgive and forget.”
“Have forgiven him mum but I don’t think I can forget how those people made my only sister suffer while I am still alive and breathing.” Yomade poured out, his mum walked close to him and patted his back even though Yomade is way taller than her.
“It’s okay oko mi. Everything is good now.”
“Alright mummy. We’ll visit them next month.”
“Ose oko mi.” The woman smiled. Imade who was standing next to her husband also patted his back and winked at him, then she looked up.
“Water has boiled o….” Imade announced and quickly rushed towards the gas and opened the pot, everything she needed is set, the turner, yam flour and the rest. So she started making the amala. Yomade’s mum has left and it’s just the two. While Imade was fixing the amala, Yomade rinsed four flat ceramic plates and four soup bowls and passed it to his wife. He also retrieved the vegetable from the freezer and put some in the pot, once the pot of amala is off the gas, he placed the pot of vegetable on it.
Imade who have told her husband to leave the kitchen but he didn’t because that is how they run things in the family she’s married into. When Mummy Adedeji is cooking, Daddy is always with her giving a helping hand.
Imade dished the food and served everyone with Yomade who was giving her a helping hand. Yomade’s father is awake by now, so they called him for lunch. Everyone ate together on the dining and Yomade’s mum commended the amala and vegetable soup Imade made. Imade smiled and thanked her too. The couple were there till evening and they left for their house.

Well done. Great work.

1 Like

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
DemiKOL:
Thanks for the update Op!
You're welcome.
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Olarewaju89:

Well done. Great work.
Thank you...
Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Happy weekend everyone.

Mine Not Yours

On Monday morning, Imade was to meet with all her staff, a meeting schedule for 8:00am, she ensured she left the house early enough because of traffic so as not to be late. Imade believed that leaders should lead by example. If you as a leader called a meeting for a particular time then you must meet up yourself.
She got to her office exactly 7:40 that morning, she settled down in her chair, prayed briefly and quickly go over her tab to read through the meeting agenda she had prepared.
By 8:00am on dot, they are all on seat in the workshop which they used for their general meeting because the place is very spacious. Chairs have been neatly arranged to accommodate all staff. Three executive chairs and a table is in front and that is where Imade sat with her head designer who happens to be a male in his late twenties but he is great at what he does, Mr. Sylvester by name but popularly known as Sly and Imade pays him handsomely. The third person with them on the front seat is Gloria; the receptionist who doubled up as the secretary during meetings and she takes the minutes of the meeting.
Remember, Imade always receives inspiration for all the wedding gown designs in her dreams and just sketch them down, she just went to a fashion school to know how to sow but she can’t even remember the last time she sat down to sow, she had employed enough hands to do that. So once she sketched the new design, she just pass it down to Sly who now do justice it to it with his team and by the time the gown is ready, it becomes a hot cake.
Then the meeting commenced, first they had a praise and worship session, afterwards they prayed and then settled down for the meeting in proper.
First, Imade thanked them for their dedication because she was blessed to have a wonderful staff aside few of them, you know you will always have people like that in any organization. The slothful type and less dedicated ones who needed harsh hands if you want to get something tangible out of them but others are very loyal and Imade never fail to point out their good works and compensate them.
Then, the next on the agenda was discussion on innovations. Imade threw this out to the house, so they could bring in suggestions. And before she knew it, the staff started raising their hands and starting coming up with beautiful ideas. Even the delivery teams have something to say. Imade was really happy seeing that they have the progress of the company at heart.
After the meeting that was ended with prayer around 10:00am, the caterer that was given the job to cook for all the staff came in with the food, it was packaged jollof rice and chicken with soft drinks. That is the normal culture anytime they have meetings, Imade will make sure there is refreshment. The caterer; Iya Seki by name is always in charge for catering for every meetings. She is so good at what she does, if you eat her food in a party, you will start craving for more. It’s like God specifically send her into the world to cook jollof rice. Imade had known her since her single days, they lived together in the same neighbourhood she moved into after her NYSC, She met her while she was still selling liquid soap, air freshener and bottled groundnut back then. And Iya Seki was one of her customers. Then one day, one of Imade’s co-tenant had a naming ceremony, so it was Iya Seki that cooked and she almost ate her fingers with the food, the jollof rice was so delicious and because of the love she has for jollof rice, she sticks with Iya Seki. She would give Iya seki money to help her cook small jollof rice but the woman will not collect the money.
‘Don’t worry, Aunty Imade, I have work tomorrow, I will bring jollof rice for you.’ Iya Seki will say and that was how Imade became her fan. On Imade’s wedding day, it was Iya Seki that cooked and Iya Seki was so happy because she was paid handsomely. And ever since then, they’ve always been in touch and Imade had referred her to Shammah; her sister in-law, Dammy and the likes. When all the staff had collected their packs, they returned to their duty.
Imade returned to her office and Iya Seki followed her with some packs of food in her hands. She kept the remaining packs on Imade’s table when they entered her office. They were six in numbers and another warmer was on the table, Imade sighted it.
“Iya Seki, e wo lo tun wa ninu warmer.” She asked the woman in Yoruba, she was asking what was in the warmer she placed on the table.
“Ata ofada ni.” Iya Seki replied her and Imade was already dancing on her seat. Ata ofada is a special stew use to eat ofada rice, you can also use it to eat yam or beans as well.
“Iya Seki ti o make sense. Ese e……” Imade said in Yoruba saying Iya Seki make sense and she thanked her for the stew she brought.
“How much is my money?” Imade asked. She had already settled Iya Seki for the meeting she catered for, she was asking about the stew she brought.
“Money bawo, I just brought it for you jo.”
“Iya Seki………God bless you. I appreciate this.”
“Amen.”
“By the way Iya Seki, my sister in-law have a small get-together with her colleagues next week Saturday, will you be chanced?”
“No, o…. I won’t be chance.”
“Iya Seki de (Iya Seki has come)” Imade joked. “I know we informed you late, in fact, that was what I told my sister in-law when she informed me yesterday evening but please nau….”
“Aunty Imade, you know I can’t turn you down, even if I have work, I will still find a way but the thing is that I won’t be available that day.”
“Iya Seki…..don’t scope me. Where are you going?”
“You too guess.” She threw the question back to Imade.
“Hmm…..I hope is not the time of the month that you go to Ori Oke.” Ori Oke is Prayer Mountain.
“You get it.” Iya seki raised her index finger proudly. Iya Seki is a Muslim by marriage, even though her husband did not allow her to go to church but an accident happened that almost claimed Seki’s life and she was rushed to a church and she was restored back to life. After that incidence Baba Seki now allows his wife to go to the prayer mountain that belongs to the man of God that God used to save their daughter. So even though Iya Seki can’t go to Church freely but she was allowed to go for that program which comes up once every month, Friday/Saturday and she would have left as early as 6:00am on Friday morning and return the next day in the evening.
“It will pain Shammah but I will explain to her sha.” Imade said. Then she called on one of the delivery guys who showed up almost immediately, Iya Seki was still in Imade’s office, she had entertained her with a chilled malt drink and Iya Seki was gently sipping it with a straw.
“Please help me with small delivery within the office?” Imade said to Smart; one of their delivery guys and the guy smiled at the phrase ‘delivery within the office.’
“Okay ma.” Smart said, still smiling.
“Who are the people that are not in the meeting?” Imade asked Smart.
“I think the security man and the two cleaners.”
“Okay……” She looked over the table where Iya Seki placed the packs of jollof rice. “Smart, take three packs and give it to them.”
“Okay ma.” Smart replied and picked them. “Any other thing ma?” He asked.
“No, that will be all. Thank you.” As Smart was stepping out, Sly; the head designer stepped in and saw the remaining three packs of jollof rice.
“Ha….Oga, jollof rice still remain.” Sly asked subtly.
“They didn’t give you your own?” Iya Seki butt in. Her regular visit to Imade’s office had made her and Sly on a talking level and since Sly is very jovial and quickly make friends with people, himself and Iya Seki pulls each other’s leg a lot.
“The jollof rice that did not take me five minutes to devour.” Sly replied her.
“Sly……..you too like food. Food that they gave you just now, you don finish am.” Iya Seki said in pidgin.
“Iya Seki I know follow you talk o, na my boss I dey talk to.” Imade placed her left hand on her chin watching the drama.
“Shebi you hear Yoruba Sly,” Sly is from Niger-delta but understands Yoruba since he was born and raised in Lagos. “Oju e lo ri, ete e oni kan.” Iya Seki said and then interpreted it herself in pidgin. “Na your eye see am, your mouth no go touch am.”
“Iya Seki wetin concern you now.”
“He concern me. Shey your boss no go eat?”
“Eat the whole three!” Sly widened his eyes.
“No o, she no get husband.”
“Ah…..I don’t know nau….” He said and shilled.
“Why are you here Sly?” Imade said with her hand still on her chin.
“I came to thank you on behalf of the staff ni.” Sly spread his hands with a pleading eyes, sounding comic though. Iya Seki laughed but Imade swallowed hers.
“Okay, you can go. Shebi you have finish thanking me.”
“Boss I’ve not even started.” He replied Imade.
“Just go Sly. You’ve thanked me already.”
“Won ni e malo.” Iya Seki mocked playfully, telling him to leave.” Then Imade turned to Iya Seki. “He has work o. Plenty sef.”
“He will do it, shebi its Sly.” Iya Seki replied her.
“Okay……okay….. I’m going.” Then he made for the door.
“Sha come and carry one pack.” Imade said and Sly turned back immediately, giggling like a kid.
“Aunty Imade, we have just three left o.”
“Let him carry one. Your food too is always tempting.” Imade said and Iya Seki laughed. Sly nearly knelt down to thank Imade all because of jollof rice, he was so happy. He thanked the two and then left the office. Iya Seki too stood up and announced her leave. Imade gave her transport fare, she thanked her and left.

Few weeks later, on a Saturday, Yomade sat on the chair, his wife lay on the same chair with her head on his laps. The TV was on but they weren’t really concentrating. Then the doorbell chimes.
“Awn……who could that be. We are not expecting anyone, are we?” Imade asked her husband. She took her head off his laps and sit up.
“Let’s see.” Yomade replied her and went for the door. He opened the door and then opened it wider when he saw who was at the door. “Imade!” He called out. “You won’t believe who we have here.”
“Who?” Imade asked and stood up. Yomade let their visitors in and Imade opened her mouth in amazement when he saw them. It was Shammah and her husband, Ola with smiles plastered on their faces.
“You won’t believe this but my husband and I planned to come to your place next weekend.” Imade pointed out.
“Truthfully, grandma told me you two are coming next week, so I told my husband but to my surprise, he said if anyone is visiting first, then it has to be him,” Shammah explained. Yomade smiled and walked up to Ola and the two hug each other.
“I’m very sorry, I should have been here before now.” Ola pleaded with Yomade.
“It’s alright. I understand we are not in that place but it’s all good now.” Yomade replied him and ushered them to sit.
Ola has never visited Yomade and his wife for once ever since they got married. Also for Yomade, the last time he set foot in his sister’s matrimonial home was the day he went to talk sense into Ola who refused to be man enough to stand up for his wife when his family kept on treating Shammah like garbage.
Imade went straight to the kitchen, she must make something delicious because she is so happy with the reunion. Years back, when Imade and her husband were still dating, she was the one who first discovered that Shammah was not happy in her marriage and she was the one who reported the physical assault to Yomade back then and ever since then, despite the fact that all is now well in Shammah’s family, Yomade still resented Ola.
That Saturday was fun, the couples ate together, gist together and even watched a movie together before they left for their house.

3 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Mine Not Yours

CHAPTER 5
Two months after Tobi’s wedding, Yomade and his wife visited Tobi’s home on a weekend and to their surprise, they got there and realized Dammy was sick.
“A whole Doctor’s wife, how can she be sick.” Yomade joked.
“A doctor falls sick not to talk of a doctor’s wife.” Tobi replied him sarcastically.
“Where is she?” Imade asked Tobi.
“She’s in the bedroom.”
“Are you saying she can’t come out to see us? Is it that serious?” Yomade asked with concern.
“She’s hasn’t left the room for three days now.” Tobi informed.
“Ha…..that serious?” Yomade asked and Tobi shrugged.
“Can I go check on her?” Imade asked.
“Sure. Let me just inform her that you guys are around.” Tobi replied and left the sitting room. He got into the bedroom and walked up to the bedside where Dammy was lying.
“Sweetheart, your friend is here with her husband. Can she come in?” Dammy need not to ask who the friend is, she knew it was Imade her husband was referring to.
“Let her in.” She said faintly.
“Okay.” He said and left for the sitting room.
“Imade, you can go in, first turning to your right.” Tobi directed her.
“Okay.” She said and left. Tobi sat with his cousin as Yomade asked further about Dammy’s health.
Imade entered the room and saw her friend who had already lose weight.
“Aww…….sorry….my darling.” She hugged her on the bed where she sat.
“Thank you…..”
“You are healed in Jesus name.”
“Amen.” Dammy replied faintly.
“You were still at my office last week nau….when did it start?”
“Three days ago.” She replied weakly.
“I guessed you’ve not been eating. You look so weak. Is it malaria?”
“No, I’m pregnant.”
“Wow! And I’m here feeling sorry for you. This is good news nau…” Then she moved closer to her bed and hugged her again. “Congratulations…..”
“Thank you.”
“God will see you through in Jesus name.”
“Amen. Go call your husband, I know he would want to see me before leaving.”
“Okay.” She said and left the room. He met the two guys discussing. “Dammy wants to see you.” Imade smiled as she informed her husband, so the three went into the room.
“Congratulations Iyawo. Hope you are feeling better?” Yomade asked, she still refers to Dammy as Iyawo (wife) but Imade was surprise as to how her husband got to know. Then she figured it out, Tobi must have told Yomade when she left the sitting room.
“I’m trying to be fine jare. I can’t get food down my throat.”
“Eyah….don’t worry, you are in good hands.” Yomade said patting Tobi’s back. “This guy here, will take good care of you.” Dammy smiled. Yomade and his wife kept Dammy’s company for like an hour and then left.

By the time the first trimester was over, Dammy was backed to her feet and back at work. She also now visits Mades Bridal’s world.
One day, Imade called Dammy and asked her if she’s in the office and she said she is.
“I’ll be there in the next one hour.” Imade informed.
“I’ll be expecting you sweetheart.” Dammy replied.
An hour later, Imade was sitting in Dammy’s office.”
“You rarely visit me in the hospital Imade, this one that you decided to come here today, hope all is well?”
“I want you to conduct every medical test available on me. I need to know why I haven’t conceived in three years.”
“At last, I’m glad you decide to take this step dear sister but you should see a doctor first and not me.” Dammy pointed out.
“Between me and you, you already know the test the doctor will suggest I run. You are a chief medical personnel in this department.”
“Imade….” Dammy was saying but she cut in.
“Yomade must not find out, we had an agreement but I had to change my mind because I just realized he refused the test because he was scared of the outcome.”
“Then use another hospital. I can go with you, I’ll just wait for you at the reception while you see a doctor.” Dammy suggested.
“I want a place where I will be comfortable plus I just need an idea of what is going on. I can’t even proceed with any treatment if need be without my husband’s knowledge.”
“Can you confide in me and answer all the questions I will ask you. Are you sure you will be comfortable with that? Since you are making me play the doctor.” Dammy honestly asked.
“I promise not to withhold any information.”
“Fine then.”
“Dammy please, this is between us. Yomade must not find out.”
“That means Tobi too must not hear about it.” Dammy helped her voice out her mind. “That’s fine by me.”
“Thank you.”
“Now it’s time to answer some vital questions.” Dammy stated.
“Please go ahead and ask.”
“How often do you have sex?” Dammy asked and she replied. “Your history of birth control?”
“I never for once used any birth control.” Imade replied her.
“Any case of sexually transmitted diseases?”
“No.”
“Any problem having sex?”
“No.”
“Are you comfortable or should I stop. I can refer….”
“I can never be uncomfortable with you Dammy. You’ve proven over time that you are a friend everyone needs in their lives.”
“Okay. How often have you had periods over the last one year?” Dammy asked and she replied her.
“Have you been pregnant before?”
“Yes.”
“What happened to the pregnancy?” She asked professionally not because she wanted to pry.
“I aborted it.”
“That would be all. You did well Imade.”
“I’m sorry, you just got to find out that part of me.” She said sadly.
“Common, no woman scream to the world that she had an abortion.”
“I know everything about you Dammy.”
“It doesn’t matter, but you came to me and that means a lot.”
“Thanks for your understanding.”
“Now I see why your husband did not allow you get tested.” Dammy said that because she knew Yomade is the only man Imade dated before she eventually got married.
“It wasn’t his.”
“Sorry, I don’t get you.”
“I mean the pregnancy wasn’t Yomade’s.” Imade opened up completely. “All that happened before we started dating.”
“Imade….I don’t really need that information but it’s a good thing that you didn’t keep it from him.”
“That is because he took me for the abortion.”
“Oh……you said you guys were not dating when it happened.”
“Yes, although unknown to me, Yomade was already in love with me.”
“Hmm……when a guy loves……” Dammy nodded her head slowly.
“Yeah… and also your husband knew about it.”
“Really!”
“Not everything though, he thought the pregnancy was Yomade’s.”
“Wow!”
“I know Tobi won’t tell you.”
“Yes, doctor-patient confidentiality.” Dammy attested.
“You think it’s just about that?”
“It’s because Tobi heart your husband so much.” She replied Imade.
“That’s correct. One more thing Dammy.”
“I’m listening.”
“Tobi didn’t carry out the procedure, he recommended another doctor.”
“I understand, you are like a family.”
“Also your husband is not a fan of abortion. He just helped for the sake of……”
“I get it.” Dammy nodded.
“I’m not telling you all these as a medical personnel. I’m telling you as my friend.”
“Thanks for opening up to me Imade. I’m glad you see me as a friend you can confide in.”
“You’ve shown yourself friendly my dear.”
“Now, we are going to run some test. I’ll need your blood and urine samples.”
“No problem.”
“We are also going to test your reproductive organs. Which means you’ll have to take some Xrays and Ultrasounds.”
“I’m ready to do anything you ask me to do.”
“Okay, so let’s get started.”
“Are we going to the lab?”
“No….nau, you are my personal person. You don’t need to step foot out of this office before we can get things done.”
“Oh….okay, home advantage.” Imade added and she smiled.
“Plus you know everything we are doing here in my office is non-official. I don’t want it to get into the book. And we don’t want your brother in-law to know what went down here today.” Dammy further explained.
“What about my details that needs to reflect on the test result?” Imade asked.
“Don’t worry, I’ll code it.”
“You are a darling.” Imade smiled at her.

5 Likes

Re: Mine Not Yours By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Mine Not Yours

Dammy stood up and walked to a cabinet in her office and brought out some forms, she first went through them one after the other and then sorted the ones she needed. Dammy opened another cabinet and brought out a sealed carton of new sterile bottles, she unsealed the carton and picked the ones she needs.
“Why are you taking from the carton, those are new package nau.” Imade who was watching her pointed out.
“I don’t want to go the lab to collect any materials from there.” Dammy replied her.
“Okay. I get it.”
She also brought out pack of syringe and needles and took the ones she needed as well. She came to her table and open the drawer, she first scanned through the drawer with her eyes.
“You are looking for something?” Imade asked as she searched the drawer.
“Yes, I am looking for……a tourniquet.” Then she saw it and brought it out. Then she stood up again and went to search the cabinet.
“I also need methylated spirit and cotton wool.”
“I think you should call the lab and let bring them, I don’t like the way you are stressing yourself.” Imade said as Dammy was still searching, Imade was trying to consider her condition.
“This is not stress Imade, I’m pregnant not an invalid.” She said and then she saw the items she was searching for. “Here.” She brought them out and show her. “I have all I need now.” She stated and then came over and stood in front of Imade. A latex glove pack is on the table, so Dammy picked two and wore them on her hands.
“You want to stoop? Sit down nau….” Imade complained again.
“Oh……Imade nau. I’m fine. This what I do on a daily basis before I get married. Is it because I am now in charge of this place that you are now making a big deal out of what I want to do. I can draw blood even in my sleep.” Dammy joked and Imade laughed.
Dammy first placed a tourniquet on her arm and clean the area with the alcohol wipe. She told Imade to form a fist so the veins are more prominent, then she introduced the needle along the vein and collected sufficient blood, she then release the tourniquet before withdrawing the needle. She dispensed the blood in all the four bottles on the table and labelled them using codes. She then handed her a sterile plastic container.
“Go pee in there.” She instructed Imade. “You can use the bathroom.” She pointed to the bathroom in her office.
“Okay.” She said and left. Imade returned shortly and gave it to her. She labelled it as well using a code as well and then packed them in a transparent plastic bag. Then she removed the gloves she was wearing and trashed them.
“Let me take them to the lab for analysis. I’ll join you shortly.” Dammy informed.
“Can’t you call of one of the laboratory staff to do that?”
“You’ve forgotten it’s unofficial, I don’t want it to be documented. I’ll just tell them what to do and instruct them to send the results directly to me.”
“Okay….” Imade nodded and Dammy left. She returned few minutes later, holding a bunch of keys in her hands.
“It’s time to take the X-ray and Ultrasound.”
“Okay.” Imade stood up and followed her. It’s a big hospital that has an elevator, so they took a lift to the last floor. They stepped down and walked down the hall. Then she opened the door using the keys.
“You lock this place up?” Imade asked.
“It’s for the VIPs, so we only open it when the VIP client visits.”
“Oh…..So, I’m getting a VIP treatment.” Imade nodded slowly.
“Anything for my dear friend.” She ushered her in and offered a seat while she fix the machines.
“Won’t you need any assistant?” Imade asked.
“There’s nothing I can’t fix on my own.” She replied her.
“Great. I love it that you are good at what you do. Kai, Tobi married a woman that complement not just him but also his career.”
“Stop flattering me.”
“You know I’m not. Your combination is perfect. Your husband is handling surgery while you are handling all the medical test.” Imade pointed out and Dammy smiled.
“But I learnt his ex is a medical personnel too.”
“That one! Don’t even mention her. She served Tobi breakfast and she served it hot but I’m glad you were the one he ended up with because that girl was a disaster.” Imade shrugged.
“I heard the gist too. Tobi mentioned how he struggled so much in that relationship.”
“It was an effort in futility but I remembered that I said it back then that all things work together for good for them that love God. And now, he ended hope with a total package, beauty and brain.”
“My head is swelling o….In fact, I’m taking you out for an exotic lunch when we are through here.” Dammy declared, all smiling.
“Exotic lunch! See what I’m saying…..girl, you make sense.” She said and they both laughed.
“All set, please come over.” Dammy beckoned on Imade.
Some minutes later, they were done and they both returned to Dammy’s office. They picked their bags and then left the hospital building for lunch. They went in Dammy’s car, the plan was to bring Imade back to the hospital after lunch then she can go back in her own car, she turned on the ignition.
“Let me call Tobi….” She was saying but her phone rang instead and it was her husband.
“I was about calling you sweetheart.” Dammy said to her husband.
“I’m free let me take you out for lunch.” Tobi stated.
“I’m on my way to have lunch with….”
“Imade!” Tobi took the word from her mouth.
“How can you be so sure?”
“Do you have any other friend around here?” Tobi joked and she laughed. “Send my regards and enjoy your lunch.”
“We will.” She replied smiling, Imade too was smiling as she could hear their conversation.
“Beep me when you are back.”
“Don’t worry I’ll come straight down to your office when I return.”
“Okay, later. Love you…”
“Love you too.” Dammy replied and the line went off.
“I’m sorry I took his spot today but not my fault, his wife owes me.” Imade said and Dammy laughed. She then drove out of the hospital to one of her favourite restaurant in that area.
After lunch, Imade went home straight, Dammy suggested it and she accepted because she felt like she needed to rest. Also Dammy had counseled her to reduce her workload, she also advised her to always check her temperature. She had promised herself to try and stick to all the rules.
Yomade returned home that evening and met her wife relaxing in the sitting room with her fashion TV network, she had already prepared dinner by the time he returned from work. She welcomed him and followed him to the bedroom. He starts taking off his clothes one after the other.
“I was passing by this afternoon and I decided to stop by at your office to take you out for a surprise lunch.”
“Ah….no one told me you came.”
“I told them not to inform you.”
“I’m sorry I was with Dammy. We went out for lunch, though we were together before lunch hour. I should have called to inform you but I planned to tell you when you get back from work today.”
“But you do inform me of all your schedules. What made today different?” Yomade asked but Imade dare not tell him about the test she went for.
“I’m sorry…..” That is all she could say.
“It’s okay. How is she?”
“Dammy is doing well with the pregnancy. She’s showing already.”
“That’s good.” He packed his clothes.
“Go shower, I’ll help with that.” Imade offered.
“Thanks.” He handed them to his wife.
“Join me in the dining once you are done. I’ll go set the table.” She informed.
“Alright.” He said and went into the bathroom.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAM4J & Rocktation Have Got Chivalry & Would Make A Lovely Match Without Rivalry / Finding Zara / Checkmate- A Nairaland Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 295
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.