Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

I Need Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help (540 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help by andteachallnati: 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
Abeg bros them, please help with your wise counsel as usual.

I've got a budget of only 1.5M and want to buy a Nigerian used car. I was advised to go for a Honda civic or city, as well as a Toyota avensis 2007.

What do you advise since I intend using it for Bolt e-hailing?

I profoundly appreciate your kind counsel
Re: I Need Help by nifemi25(m): 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2023
Honda civic 2006 is also good
Re: I Need Help by gidjah(m): 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2023
Honda civic is good . Fuel wise and reliability.But Avensis would help if you are for Uber
Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
Thanks Chief.
Been doing tons of research online this period, the civic seems most recommended as well as accord.

It's said they avensis parts are expensive and need replacement more frequently than the civic or accord parts.

Settling for the civic 2007 but can I get a very neat one in perfect condition for 1.5M max?

nifemi25:
Honda civic 2006 is also good
Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
Really?
You struck a cord here by mentioning Uber. That's the main aim of buying the car: for bolt and Uber or e-hailing generally.

Do you mean the avensis is better for this purpose than the civic?

gidjah:
Honda civic is good . Fuel wise and reliability.But Avensis would help if you are for Uber
Re: I Need Help by gidjah(m): 9:34pm On Jun 13, 2023
andteachallnati:
Really?
You struck a cord here by mentioning Uber. That's the main aim of buying the car: for bolt and Uber or e-hailing generally.

Do you mean the avensis is better for this purpose than the civic?

Avensis would do better, but the beauty . Just make sure it's neat and well garnished. Civic what yr of prod ? Avensis is rugged and fit for that job than the civic sir, civic better for private though civic models are rugged too
Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 12:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Thanks Chief.
I'm considering Civic 2007.
Also, was told they avensis parts are pretty costly as compared to the civic. This certainly impacts on one's profit ultimately

gidjah:
Avensis would do better, but the beauty . Just make sure it's neat and well garnished. Civic what yr of prod ? Avensis is rugged and fit for that job than the civic sir, civic better for private though civic models are rugged too
Re: I Need Help by gidjah(m): 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
andteachallnati:
Thanks Chief.
I'm considering Civic 2007.
Also, was told they avensis parts are pretty costly as compared to the civic. This certainly impacts on one's profit ultimately

I got your points.Tje major questions are ;(1) does the car break down easily on the road ??(2) can it withstand the job for which it's needed for ?(3) does the car have readily genuine car parts ?and generally compare with the civic ?? Then Uber will make more sense with A Toyota than a Honda any day any time .As a car owner with lots of experience and as one in the eng field , the genuiness of car parts and it's availability matters alot.the major trouble we have with our cars here is that most of the orts been sold are ijebu not genuine sir. That I shall tell you as the naked truth and very few mechanics will also tell you this. Then FOR A U ER JOB, TOYOTA will make more sense and sell more than a Honda car any day any time
Re: I Need Help by dadabashua1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
gidjah:
I got your points.Tje major questions are ;(1) does the car break down easily on the road ??(2) can it withstand the job for which it's needed for ?(3) does the car have readily genuine car parts ?and generally compare with the civic ?? Then Uber will make more sense with A Toyota than a Honda any day any time .As a car owner with lots of experience and as one in the eng field , the genuiness of car parts and it's availability matters alot.the major trouble we have with our cars here is that most of the orts been sold are ijebu not genuine sir. That I shall tell you as the naked truth and very few mechanics will also tell you this. Then FOR A U ER JOB, TOYOTA will make more sense and sell more than a Honda car any day any time
the ONLY car used more than that civic for Uber is Corolla,you can't even mention avensis,how many people use Avensis for Uber bro? Even kia and Hyundai rate ahead of Avensis when we talking Uber,is ok to have a preferred choice of car,but that shouldn't stop us from saying facts,I love Honda more than Toyota and also have the corolla as one of my personal rides,but I won't say the civic is used ahead of Corolla,but after corolla the number 2 on Uber is Civic,Avensis no even enter conversation sir.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by gidjah(m): 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
dadabashua1:
the ONLY car used more than that civic for Uber is Corolla,you can't even mention avensis,how many people use Avensis for Uber bro? Even kia and Hyundai rate ahead of Avensis when we talking Uber,is ok to have a preferred choice of car,but that shouldn't stop us from saying facts,I love Honda more than Toyota and also have the corolla as one of my personal rides,but I won't say the civic is used ahead of Corolla,but after corolla the number 2 on Uber is Civic,Avensis no even enter conversation sir.
I am not actually mentioning "AVENSIS"as a car name rather I am referring to TOYOTA AS A BRAND SIR, AVENSIS IS sure not a popular ride with that job. I have used civic 2001 few years ago.it was top notch .the fule economy was superb.i also had. Corola close by then o.but I was a bit more comfortable with the civic to my almighty Toyota Corolla majorly. Because of the fuel trouble then. But I was also sore afraid for the Honda over its LEGS issues been a rough driver that I am and the harsh driving environment and condition we found out selves then in Abuja.Op can go for civic like I said been a once upon a time user of civic my self.buti would be more comfortable been in a Toyota car as a passenger than Honda Civic (just my local Nigerian man mind set)

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by dadabashua1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
gidjah:
I am not actually mentioning "AVENSIS"as a car name rather I am referring to TOYOTA AS A BRAND SIR, AVENSIS IS sure not a popular ride with that job. I have used civic 2001 few years ago.it was top notch .the fule economy was superb.i also had. Corola close by then o.but I was a bit more comfortable with the civic to my almighty Toyota Corolla majorly. Because of the fuel trouble then. But I was also sore afraid for the Honda over its LEGS issues been a rough driver that I am and the harsh driving environment and condition we found out selves then in Abuja.Op can go for civic like I said been a once upon a time user of civic my self.buti would be more comfortable been in a Toyota car as a passenger than Honda Civic (just my local Nigerian man mind set)
first NOT ALL Honda products has leg issues,if truly you have used Honda in the passed I'm sure you should know that,the civic in question some will even argue is as rugged as corolla,the only down side from what most folks say it's the ground clearance,you should also know that the civic in question uses same suspension system as the Corolla,unlike the accord, infact accord accounts for more than 95% of leg related issue with Honda products,yet you see Nigerians talking about leg issues with cars like pilot, civic,city,odessey,stream, passport, Ridgeline etc, even the said accord it's not even an issue any longer with recent models that no longer uses the double wishbone suspension system,of all the characters attributed to Nigerians ehhhh is the sterotype I hate the most,once NIGERIANS knows a particular issue with something 50 years later they will still quote that same issue as the challenge,as such it will slow our ability to update our knowledge in other to keep to date with the advanced world,I bet it with you,you will still see folks talking about legs issue even with 2023 accord models... isn't that extremely insane? cheesy ; cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by gidjah(m): 3:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
dadabashua1:
first NOT ALL Honda products has leg issues,if truly you have used Honda in the passed I'm sure you should know that,the civic in question some will even argue is as rugged as corolla,the only down side from what most folks say it's the ground clearance,you should also know that the civic in question uses same suspension system as the Corolla,unlike the accord, infact accord accounts for more than 95% of leg related issue with Honda products,yet you see Nigerians talking about leg issues with cars like pilot, civic,city,odessey,stream, passport, Ridgeline etc, even the said accord it's not even an issue any longer with recent models that no longer uses the double wishbone suspension system,of all the characters attributed to Nigerians ehhhh is the sterotype I hate the most,once NIGERIANS knows a particular issue with something 50 years later they will still quote that same issue as the challenge,as such it will slow our ability to update our knowledge in other to keep to date with the advanced world,I bet it with you,you will still see folks talking about legs issue even with 2023 accord models... isn't that extremely insane? cheesy ; cheesy
hahaha !!! Like I said before ..I was a bit afraid because I DO RUFF DRIVING !!so hey that clear wether civic or passport ,Honda no clear for my side , I have this genreal fear for Honda.I use my seniorans Honda EOD few years ago too for some time and I know how things went ....Honda is sure more of comfort than Toyota.May you not encounter HONDA LEG issue sir,it can bring your morals down ,may it not be were your I laws dey sef !! I drive lots of cars in the past and have testimonies of all kind o. Even my Toyota Camry tear leg in the town like twice due to my ruff rider nature !! But I understood how to go about them as a mechanical personnel my self .But if what happened to me were to be on another "just neutral car owner "ego bad oo !! Had to keep special tools for legs (camber,balljoints sockets, etc) in my Trunk most times when I am on long distance.
Re: I Need Help by nifemi25(m): 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2023
andteachallnati:
Thanks Chief.
Been doing tons of research online this period, the civic seems most recommended as well as accord.

It's said they avensis parts are expensive and need replacement more frequently than the civic or accord parts.

Settling for the civic 2007 but can I get a very neat one in perfect condition for 1.5M max?

Definitely you can see Good used civic for 1.5m... search or probably go to lekki to search... remember not to buy a car parked in mechanic workshop or the one that they place bottle water on it beside the road... so as not to blame your village people at the end.... Best of luck
Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
gidjah:

Detailed and helpful. Thanks for the informed advice
Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 6:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
dadabashua1:

You revived my hopes here and justified my choice of civic. Someone told me that a civic can actually 'last forever' if well handled.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
gidjah:
hahaha !!! Like I said before ..I was a bit afraid because I DO RUFF DRIVING !!so hey that clear wether civic or passport ,Honda no clear for my side , I have this genreal fear for Honda.I use my seniorans Honda EOD few years ago too for some time and I know how things went ....Honda is sure more of comfort than Toyota.May you not encounter HONDA LEG issue sir,it can bring your morals down ,may it not be were your I laws dey sef !! I drive lots of cars in the past and have testimonies of all kind o. Even my Toyota Camry tear leg in the town like twice due to my ruff rider nature !! But I understood how to go about them as a mechanical personnel my self .But if what happened to me were to be on another "just neutral car owner "ego bad oo !! Had to keep special tools for legs (camber,balljoints sockets, etc) in my Trunk most times when I am on long distance.

Point made and clearly understood.
Toyota remains top choice anytime, anyway. Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
dadabashua1:

Thanks Chief.
I know say na my matter make you dey type all this lecture. I genuinely appreciate the efforts.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by andteachallnati: 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
nifemi25:

Definitely you can see Good used civic for 1.5m... search or probably go to lekki to search... remember not to buy a car parked in mechanic workshop or the one that they place bottle water on it beside the road... so as not to blame your village people at the end.... Best of luck

Oh really. Hopes not just revived but in top shape!
I'll take note of your words of caution too.

However, I'm in Benin. Guess I have to take a trip to Lagos and spend some days. Or, better still, use my brother in-law who stays in Lagos

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Peugeot 206 And Why Does It Drain Battery. / Aeromobile Aiming To Put Flying Cars On The Market By 2017 / Everything You Need To Know About The Takata Airbag Recall By Consumerreports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.