Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,471 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara (51939 Views)

Ernest Peremobowei, Footballer Drowns Rescuing Victims Of Boat Mishap In Bayelsa / Seven Female Wedding Guests Die In Auto Crash In Delta (Graphic Photos) / 9 Wedding Guests Die In Edo Road Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by jerryayaebi2: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
“Names of Survivors Will Be Made Public Soon”: Police Says as 103 Wedding Guests Die After Boat Accident

Tragedy struck in Kwara state on Monday, June 12 as 103 people returning from a marriage ceremony died after their boat capsized at Egbu village, in the Patigi Local Government Area of the state.

According to The PUNCH, the 103 victims, including the father and his four children were returning from a marriage ceremony at neighbouring Egboti village in Niger State, when a river wave took control of the boat, hit a tree, and resulted in the boat capsizing
Sources in the village attributed the accident to the overloading of the boat

The State Police spokesperson, SP Ajayi Okasanmi, who confirmed the tragic incident in an update added that the names of the survivors will be published soon, The PUNCH reported.

He said, “The names of survivors will be made public as soon as they are available.”

It was gathered that about 50 bodies of passengers have been recovered from the incident

The Transition Implementation Committee Chairman, Patigi LGA, Alhaji Mohammed Ibrahim Liman, while quoting from a statement by a community leader, Alhassan Bala Mohammed, said that about 110 passengers reportedly died in the accident.

He said, “About 110 people died in the boat mishap in our area. We’re going to tell you about the tragedy and unforgettable memory that occurred to my people from our village and other neighbouring villages close to us.

“Our village people went to a wedding ceremony in another village called Gboti and the boat carried about 270 people, and almost 110 people were lost.”

Source: https://www.legit.ng/nigeria/1539293-tragedy-103-wedding-guest-die-boat-capsized-kwara/

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by dominique(f): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
The boat hit a tree while moving? That part no too clear. Was the tree in the middle of the river or the boat was close to the shore? RIP to the deceased. The newlyweds and their families will live with this guilt for a very long time sad

130 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Bahamas95(m): 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
"Sources in the village attributed the accident to the overloading of the boat"

Most Nigerians behave like mad people, when you caution them they call you over sabi. Some deaths are avoidable.

Anyways RIP to them.

212 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by GanagiBeetrus: 5:33pm On Jun 14, 2023
This is sad but preventable tragedy.

Most times we regard it as an act of God & life goes on. But then, there are people whose negligence & incompetence caused such tragedy, who should face criminal prosecution.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by azadus18: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Black Monday to all kwaran....so pathetic ...r.i.p to the departed

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by superCleanworks(m): 6:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
enter canoe to cross water for a wedding. Nope. Not me. Water wey no get mercy.

i feel sorry for the new couple, this is something to remember every anniversary

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Soulpray: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
This is just terrible. What a lifetime trauma for the newlyweds

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Burdson(m): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
Omooo damn it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by inoki247: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
How come nobody was putting on Life Jacket 🧥 or what....

Buh the wedding loud oh over 103 people dey go wedding nd if we tell people Parlor wedding don du dem go call us enemy of Progress wedding no be achievement du ur thing on a Low-key....

Like this now that union don colet Tag if anybody wants to make reference dey will always tagged the incident to derr union....

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Uy
Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by bigdammyj: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
R.I.P to them.

1 Like

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Sandralight(f): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
This is Sad cry
Rip

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by thisisit: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
KWARA AGAIN?

THE gods are KWARA's case
Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Sunofgod(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Again.. embarassed
Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by ATEAMS: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Rip
Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by stasius: 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Jesu!
Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by LordIsaac(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
103 in a boat?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by slawomir: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Rest in peace

For everyday we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die

6 Likes

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by seankafor(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Nobody hate water travel more than me..

I'll rather trek bro

Rip to the dead sad

16 Likes

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Kingpele(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Now this is totally disheartening

1 Like

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Ttipsy(f): 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Niger or Kwara??

Al Jazeera reports the incidence happened in Niger

4 Likes

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by humberjade: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
superCleanworks:
enter canoe to cross water for a wedding. Nope. Not me

i feel sorry for the new couple, they must be traumatized and it would be something to remember every anniversary

Abi o, because of party rice or what?

Me wey I nor dey follow people go far distances on road nah hin go follow people enter canoe cross river for wedding? I hate travelling on Nigerian roads, not to talk of water. Anybody wey go vex make e vex, if and when I wan do any party make e nor show.

RIP to the dead.

8 Likes

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sad
Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Adeneeyee84: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
Black Monday for the people of Niger and kwara state..... May their souls rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by virginchaser(m): 8:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
Main reason i don't enter boat for burial or wedding parties.

1 Like

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by BERNIMOORE: 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kwara state& Oyo state

They can take unnecessary risk? And they tell you that God has written it that it will happen that way

In Offa, during my time in fedpoffa, a driver put detergent inside water and was putting it into the brake oil cup instead of hydraulic... I was trying to correct him he said nothing will happen, I just came down from his bus...others did not even mind me.

RIP to the death God will console their families and help those alive

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 103 Wedding Guests Die In Boat Mishap In Kwara by Raylight2(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
If you don't fear anything, fear God and fear water if you no sabi swim.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo / Who Knows These Victims Involved In Accident In Kogi? (Disturbing Photos) / 6ft Monitor Lizard Climbs Shelf, Raids Store In Thailand (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.