Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,736 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme (78083 Views)

CBN Announces Price Verification System Portal (PVS) / CBN Announces Sale Of Polaris Bank, Unveils New Owner / CBN Announces Plan To Launch E-Naira Wallet, Reveals CBDC Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by hafeeanubasy: 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
obyno82:

Keep denying the obvious. Very soon 30k propaganda money will no longer be enough for you. Keep on lying to yourself you never see anything.
Obvious in people with fish brains head.
And how are you spending your pethief OBI 2k wailing token?
Because someone can not be stupid and still poor!
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by Nexterbread: 9:43pm On Jun 15, 2023
tonytony208:

How is it a welcome development?

Because it's good riddance to cleanse the system of leeches and economic saboteurs

How much have you benefited from the multiple exchange window?

I for one never benefited from it, it was only the rich that were using the ME window to get richer at the detriment of the national economy in which if there was economic growth and stability could have affected the populace in a positive way.
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by KoolBigk(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
how is this Mr Tinubu getting away with all this, so many president can't attempt this

That's because he's the godfather himself and takes no directives from no one.
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by obyno82: 12:42am On Jun 16, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Obvious in people with fish brains head.
And how are you spending your pethief OBI 2k wailing token?
Because someone can not be stupid and still poor!

You pain is really being felt. I really struck a nerve with the obvious truth. You are on 30k stipend monthly to spread propaganda.
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by grandstar(m): 1:17am On Jun 16, 2023
Inception:

I read this and I laughed grin

Nigerians have forgotten IBB , and SAP of 1986

This was the exact lie IMF told us that led to the irredeemable fall of the Naira. And at that time, Nigeria was a paradise compared to the shi.t hole it is now

Gentlemen... The Naira is dead and buried by this move. We currently do not have the economical sagacity for this right now. No roads, no electricity, poor transportation network, no factories, harsh economic policies for businesses to thrive, and the topping of the cake: INSECURITY!! Even the oil sef, we no dey produce as we ought to, and there is no market sef.

See, Nigeria is broke. Buhari wrecked the country beyond repairs. That is why APC did everything to ensure they remained in power.. In the coming days, una eyes go clear.

SAP did not cause the continuous fall of the Naira during IBB's time in office. It was the government high budget deficits and reckless spending

Their government was notorious for Ways and Means which means the printing of money to finance spending. It also used stabilization securities which simply means forcing banks to lend it money. I was in secondary school when IBB took over and in uni when he left in 1993.

Contrast that with Abachas regime.

From 1995-1998, the exchange rate was stable at around $1-N80. Abacha's government though very corrupt was fiscally disciplined.

Nigerias economy is not beyond recovery. There have been economies in far worse shape than this and have recovered.

1 Like

Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by Favourchris(f): 3:18am On Jun 16, 2023
ashawopikin:
Trust me, nigerian banks have the most dollars than all the banks in west Africa combined, they're the one hoarding it and selling it to these Aboki

Hmm, this is highly possible

1 Like

Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by tonytony208(m): 9:59am On Jun 16, 2023
loswhite:
obviously you are a dunce. I don't waste my time engaging dunce.

Lolz. I'd you know the meaning of dunce, you will realise the word was formulated especially for you. grin
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by Futuristic100: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2023
With this new policy I no longer see the need for Form A or PTA/BTA.
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by Etisoul(m): 8:41am On Dec 12, 2023
Reference:

Nigeria had lived since independence like a unemployed man who dresses shiny corporate, bids his wife goodbye and leaves the house to roam round the town with an expensive but empty briefcase and a false notion that he is going somewhere..... but returns home to face racking poverty at dusk. The result is that he does not attract real help of any kind because his position is misleading.

Now his wife is sick of the whole charade and decides to dress according to her status, wearing tatty clothes and sitting at the gate with a begging bowl. Now, what will happen is that she will attract folks who pass by. Three kinds if folks.

Some will place a few coins in her begging bowl out of pity.
Others will offer her a job to come do laundry or mow the lawn.
Some will hold her hand and say come spend time with me in the other room for a morsel.

This family is Nigeria that has come to her senses and is beginning to live according to her realities. The re calibration of the economy will attract more aid (help) because those who give will not need to hand over as much as before since the naira is much further away from their dollar.

The devaluation of life here will also attract investment since amongst many things pride is stripped away and labour costs should be rock bottom theoretically making productivity more competitive.

However devaluation will also attract all sorts of foreign predators capitalizing on vulnerabilities of citizens, local businesses and the government as a whole because let us be frank, a hungry man will sell anything including himself to survive so brace up for a lot of lurid international, cross border stories.

But like I have said many times since the first chapter of this government, the quality of governance will define if the sacrifice of the average Nigerian in giving up all the privileges the various subsidies afforded him will not be in vain. If government abandons him midway and does not associate with his pain but conduct themselves in the typical recklessness we associate with them then it is curtains for this country.

Just like the principles of the wife will decide whether she will take the job or take the easy way out.

This is an absolutely beautiful explanation. Thank you for taking your time on it.
Re: CBN announces unification of FX windows, stops Naira4Dollar scheme by Procashtips(m): 10:40am On Dec 12, 2023
We can all see that the so called rate unification was a scam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Kuda Bank Called EFCC On My Friend Over N800k - Bryson Adah Cole / Photo Of Susan Oleghe, The Lady Electrocuted At Obi Cubana's Club In Abuja / Mba Forex Is Under Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.