Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,444 members, 7,846,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:38 AM

A Beginners Guide To Becoming A High Paid Freelancer - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Beginners Guide To Becoming A High Paid Freelancer (203 Views)

N-power Batch C : Reason Why You Have Not Been Shortlisted Despite A High Score / How To Get A High Paying Job In 4 Months In Nigeria / 7 Top Tech Skills That Will Get You A High Pay In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Beginners Guide To Becoming A High Paid Freelancer by Preshalli(f): 7:00pm On Jun 15, 2023
Welcome!

The aim of this guide is to show you a clear path to becoming a High Paid Freelancer Living In Nigeria and earning in dollars.

In this guide, you’ll learn things like…
~What freelancing is

~Who a freelancer is

~How High Paid Nigerian freelancers are able to get paid so well

~How To Find foreign clients and where to find them

~How to acquire High-income skills that are in high demand and what sets you apart And more

Let’s get started

What is freelancing? Freelancing is simply working for several organizations instead of one. A freelancer is someone who does work ( this could be jobs/ projects) for multiple organizations instead of working with only one). But why would someone want to work with several organizations instead of one? The main reason for most Freelancers is the ability to set their price and work at their own hours. As an employee in a 9–5 you don’t get to choose when u work neither do you get to choose when u go on vacations and take breaks.

But as a freelancer, you get to choose all of this and decide how to spend your time. At the peak of your career, you can really work only 4hours/week and make so much money (if that’s what you want). All of this lifestyle and freedom is available due to the large amounts of money the freelancers get paid. But freelancing isn’t all roses and sunshine (especially in the beginning) and I will be explaining why in a bit But first, let’s talk about

BEING A FREELANCER IN NIGERIA

You see if you are a freelancer in Nigeria or any other third world country you have both a huge disadvantage and an advantage. Here’s what this means👇

If you are a freelancer in Nigeria working with Nigerian clients you are absolutely doing it all wrong.

Let’s say you charge a client 100,000 naira to write 10 emails for them
You’ll probably meet a lot of resistance and pricing
But if you took that same offer to write the same emails to someone who stays in a first world country (USA, Canada, New Zealand, etc)

You can get paid $1000 which is 575,000naira.

The gap in income and pay is so wide and if you want to make money fast then you need to leverage it.
It’s much harder to get a Nigerian to pay you 100k whilst it’s easier to convince foreigners to pay $1000.

So you decide which market you want to play in but ultimately that also decides how fast you make money and your income increases. Let’s move on to the next step

How You Can Become A freelancer And How You Can Start Getting Clients.

If you want to become a freelancer you need just 3 things:

~A High-Income skill

~A phone or laptop And

~where to sell your high-income skills

Let’s talk about HIGH-INCOME SKILLS.

If you noticed I didn’t just say skills, I specifically mentioned HIGH-INCOME SKILL. This is for specific reasons and in order to understand it let’s look at what high-income skills are…

A High-Income Skill is simply a digital skill that you can get paid lots of money for and is in high demand.

The emphasis of this is the “lots of money” and “High Demand”. This is what will make or break you as a freelancer. It is what separates a regular freelancer from a High Paid Freelancer. You want whatever skill/service you sell to have both of these elements. This way you get paid extremely well and you don’t have to struggle or wait forever to get a gig.

Below are some examples of high-income skills

~Digital marketing
~Copywriting
~Content writing
~Web design
~UI/UX Design
~Social Media Marketing
~Coding
~Video editing
~Graphics design
Etc.

There are a few more but always remember you want something that has high demand and is easy for you to charge thousands of dollars (or hundreds). These skills solidly hit the mark and are still very relevant as of the time I’m writing this (plus they are evergreen). You just have to pick one, learn it and start selling. If you want to learn one of these but don’t know where to start then read till the end I have something for you. Now that you have a high-income skill let’s talk about

How you can find foreign clients who’ll pay you in dollars

There are 3 various ways to find clients

-Freelance platforms
-Outbound marketing (outreach)
-Inbound marketing (client attraction)

Let’s talk about freelance platforms.

~Freelance platforms are platforms where freelancers can go to apply for Freelance specific jobs and also, people who want to hire freelancers can post their jobs. Some examples of freelance platforms:

Upwork
Fiverr
Freelancer.com
Guru.com
Etc.

They are lots and lots of them but this list will do. To get clients on a freelance platform all you have to do is apply for a job posted and if you get a response, you proceed to work with the employer.

But to these jobs (gigs) you need your profile to be well aligned and your job proposals well written. If you don’t know how to do this I will show you how later on But for now let’s proceed.

~Outbound marketing (outreach)

The best way to get freelance clients really fast is via outbound marketing (outreach). Why? Because you get to control the results you get.

Here’s an example.

With outbound marketing, you can decide to send outreach to 200 people about your freelance offer or skills

Out of 200 about 20 responds positively
Out of 20, about 4 decide to work with you
If you charge $500 that’s $2000/month
If you charge $1000 that’s $4000/month

Do the maths
It’s that simple (not easy) all you need to do is put in the work.
You might ask,
How do I get 200 leads/month?

Well, that’s one of the easiest things on earth there are so many people everywhere who need your help and your skills and services.
LinkedIn has over 883 million users
Facebook has 3 billion users
There are millions of businesses
Etc.

Finding leads and prospects isn’t difficult. What matters is your approach and how you convert them to paying clients.

~INBOUND MARKETING (CLIENT ATTRACTION)

Inbound marketing is basically getting clients to message you. Basically, you put out valuable content and have them reach out. But the type of content you put out matters. You can’t be a copywriter putting out content talking about how to apply copy.

You’ll end up attracting only people who want to learn copywriting. Same thing as a graphics designer. If you always talk about how to do designs you’ll always end up attracting people who want to do graphics design.

This is a very common mistake most people make and you don’t want to fall into that same trap. Otherwise, your client attraction methods will suffer heavily. And that’s it…

You’ll agree with me that this has been very insightful.
I believe by now you’ve learned

~What freelancing is
~How freelancers make their money
~The benefits of targeting foreign clients as a freelancer
~Ways to attract foreign Clients as a freelancer and lots more

If you want to learn how to do more then I’d like to invite you to the High Paid Freelancer Premium Program.

For context, the High Paid Freelancer Premium Program is a Beginner friendly freelance program that has helped over 400 Nigerians make $350,000 plus in gigs.
Skeptical?
Good you should be.
Here’s some proof
Re: A Beginners Guide To Becoming A High Paid Freelancer by Preshalli(f): 7:11pm On Jun 15, 2023
You can reach me on whatsapp - 08168883019 to know more.

(1) (Reply)

Got An Invite From Tecchlight System Limited / Sales Executive / A Javascript Developer Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.