Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model (2608 Views)

2000 Nissan Maxima Gle / Price drop!!! 2003 Nissan Maxima Gle N1.6M / Price reduced 2002 Nissan Maxima gle full option For Sale-08022837478 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by arimjov: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2011
A friend of mine bought Nissan Maxima GLE, 3.0L V6, 2000 MODEL. The car is consuming fuel, two plug cables are not working. Mechanic diagnosed that the problem is from the Brain Box.

Kindly advise on the following:
- Whether this problem is peculiar to this brand.
- If they parts of this car are readly available naija and whether the model is to expensive to maintain.
- How much it can cause to change the Brain Box.
- General on the car performance and maintenance.
- whether we have good mechanics for the car in naija.
- How durable and manageable is the car for an average man.

Please your advise is need urgently to enable the guy make decision.
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by ambyzown(m): 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2011
I do not believe the problem stated is from the brain box. The first thing you need to do is to run a scan using a diagnostic tool to find out what codes the on board engine management system is throwing. Only when you get those codes can you know what exactly is causing the problem. You can also swap the ignition coils for the cylinders that work with those that don't work to see if the coils are ok.
The spares for the maxima are readily available and the prices reasonable.
The biggest problem of Nissan Maximas in this country is the lack of competent mechanics. Its a pretty decent car to use if u understand it. I currently use a 2001 model and have used four maximas from 2nd generation to 5th generation. My next car is surely going to be a Maxima.
Wish u luck in finding a solution.
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by sultaan(m): 12:09am On Oct 02, 2011
let the car tell you what is wrong instead of guessing, its 11 yrs old might need tune up.Always go by the trouble codes that is why they are there
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by arimjov: 5:50am On Oct 02, 2011
ambyzown:

I do not believe the problem stated is from the brain box. The first thing you need to do is to run a scan using a diagnostic tool to find out what codes the on board engine management system is throwing. Only when you get those codes can you know what exactly is causing the problem. You can also swap the ignition coils for the cylinders that work with those that don't work to see if the coils are ok.
The spares for the maxima are readily available and the prices reasonable.
The biggest problem of Nissan Maximas in this country is the lack of competent mechanics. Its a pretty decent car to use if u understand it. I currently use a 2001 model and have used four maximas from 2nd generation to 5th generation. My next car is surely going to be a Maxima.
Wish u luck in finding a solution.

Thanks for your reply. The mechanic said he used diagnostic tool to arrive on his decision for us to change the brain box
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by arimjov: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2011
Anymore suggestion pls!
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by sultaan(m): 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2011
You still don't understand, brain box has nothing to do with it, you may need to get a better mechanic because from what you have said its a simple problem parts/labour N5k. Pull the codes right it down and google it.

Look at it this way, someone has a broken piece of glass in the left foot. The pain is transmitted to brain by nerves, brain says something is wrong with the left foot, not good you start limping. Pain/signal transmitted by nerves/sensor to brain/ecu, OBD code language use to describe signal so if you understand it you'll know its a pain and where.

Now will your doctor take a look at your leg if you tell him what is wrong, or does he give you a brain surgery because your feet is still there so your brain is rubbish grin. This mehanic/doc is about to give you a brain surgery, now tell us exactly what you told him/diagnostic code.

google obd dtc
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2011
Help us to help you. Scan the car, pull the codes, and many on this forum will help with the interpretation of the codes. That has now become sufficiently commonplace.
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by arimjov: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2011
thanks guys i appreciate , i will get the codes.
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by jeezybuck: 9:43am On Oct 03, 2011
[/b]
Now will your doctor take a look at your leg if you tell him what is wrong, or does he give you a brain surgery because your feet is still there so your brain is rubbish grin. This mehanic/doc is about to give you a brain surgery, now tell us exactly what you told him/diagnostic code.

google obd dtc
[quote][/quote]

You are a clown Boss, I just cant stop laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by Ikenna351(m): 9:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
Please, tell your friend to run for his dear life. That man he took his car to is not a mechanic. Rather, a car killer!

The problem is simply an ignition problem. What i would do is to check the two leads of the spark plugs that are faulty. If they checked out (ok), I would check the source (distributor or ignition coil). If the car is Distributorless (has no distributor), then it will have coil packs( mini ignition coils for/on each of the spark plugs). Identify the 6 coils & swap the two coils of the non working spark plugs with any of the two working spark plugs coils. If you notice a difference, replace the coil parks, if you can get a complet park (6 of them, since the 6 come as a park) or you try & see if you can get used two in good condition. If the engine has Distributor, you should pull out the distributor cap, check the condition of the inside. If its dirty, clean & sandpaper the six pins inside. If you notice a crack, replace. Or you can swap the Distributor cap with another & test if there will be any difference. Likewise the rotor in the distributor. You should find an auto parts seller that can agree for you to test the components before paying, so that if you didnt get it resolve after swapping those parts, he will take back his parts without paying for them. Thats how i diagnose & fix my car without spending much or spending at all.

The problem with your friends Maxima should be any of what i mentioned above. Its better to start diagnosis without spending a dime until you have eliminated all the likely causes of the symptom(s). But, it wouldnt hurt if you get it scanned. But i just told you what i would do if it was to be me.

Ikenna.
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by arimjov: 3:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
Thanks Ikenna
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by vitality22(m): 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
Wao i didnt know we have competent e-mechanics on nairaland. This is great
Re: I Need Help On Nissan Maxima Gle, 3.0l V6, 2000 Model by dzle: 1:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
i av a nissan maxima gle 2003 just changed my engine and it as been giving me issue it starts but wont move and the engine doesnt raise ....my mechanic has changed all the sensor still the same...please i stay at isolo i av changed all the sensor if i plug in the diagnosis machin it works fine for few hours and stop raising again....plz any help on what is wrong with it.

(1) (Reply)

Lovely And Amazing Performance Bmw 3 Series For Sale(200k) Last / Used toyota corolla forsale 1995 model 420k 08126883464 / Used Honda Civic 98 Model....450k Pere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.