Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Ask Me Any Question About God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ask Me Any Question About God (996 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Ask Me Any Question About Islam / Creative Thoughts About God (A Compilation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2023
Ask me any question you want to know about God and His word, I will do my best to answer honestly, and even tell you I do not know or state where I am not sure. ☺️

I do only know in part, so I apologize if I don't have an answer yet or that my answer isn't satisfactory.

Hopefully the truth I know may be of help to somebody 😁
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Maynmaynmayn: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
Ask me any question you want to know about God and His word, I will do my best to answer honestly, and even tell you I do not know or state where I am not sure. ☺️

I do only know in part, so I apologize if I don't have an answer yet or that my answer isn't satisfactory.

Which of the gods, yahweh?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

Which of the gods, yahweh?
YHVH
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Maynmaynmayn: 1:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
YHVH
Tell me how shasu tribe acquired yahweh, before israelite adopted him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
Maynmaynmayn:

Tell me how shasu tribe acquired yahweh, before israelite adopted him.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Maynmaynmayn: 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
You should first look up the origin of the word β€œgod” while doing that, Shout hallelu…..

Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by AntiChristian: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
YHVH

What is the full meaning of YHVH?

Is Jesus = YHVH?

Where can we find YHVH calling himself Jesus?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
AntiChristian:

What is the full meaning of YHVH?

Is Jesus = YHVH?

Where can we find YHVH calling himself Jesus?
Yod hei vav hei

Jesus is Lord

In scriptures? No exact quotation.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkie: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
YHVH
Are you a worshipper of YHWH who passed His final Judgement on the remnants of Israel about 1900 years ago when He destroyed Jerusalem for the last time? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by AntiChristian: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:

1.Yod hei vav hei

2.Jesus is Lord

3. In scriptures? No exact quotation.

No Bible verses to back all these up?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are you a worshipper of YHWH who passed His final Judgement on the remnants of Israel about 1900 years ago when He destroyed Jerusalem for the last time? undecided
I worship YHVH.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkiee: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
I worship YHVH.
Interesting! So you do not worship Jesus Christ? undecided

How can you say you worship YHWH when YHWH already judged and cursed all those of the Nation of Israel(Judea included) and His curse is meant to see to the destruction of all those under it - Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 -- absolutely no redemption possible under the Law of Moses from the curse? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 7:13pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Interesting! So you do not worship Jesus Christ? undecided

How can you say you worship YHWH when YHWH already judged and cursed all those of the Nation of Israel(Judea included) and His curse is meant to see to the destruction of all those under it - Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 -- absolutely no redemption possible under the Law of Moses from the curse? undecided

Worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.

Deut 28:15; But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments and his statutes that I command you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.

This doesn't sound like a statement of judgement but a repercussion and consequences of ones actions according to His law.

If redemption was absolutely impossible the Father wouldn't have promised to send His son. So how can I worship YHVH, because he doesn't lie, he revealed the very consequences of our actions to us and gave us the option to choice whom we would serve and worship.

So I prefer to serve God freely and be bound by Him than to be bound by sins. For my sins will bring death, and it is impossible for me to free myself from sin or the consequences of it. But he who the son sets free is free indeed, so God so loved that he sent that son to me, to set me free.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkiee: 7:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
β–  Worship the Lord your God and him only shall you serve.
β– Deut 28:15; But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments and his statutes that I command you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
This doesn't sound like a statement of judgement but a repercussion and consequences of ones actions according to His law.
β–  If redemption was absolutely impossible the Father wouldn't have promised to send His son. So how can I worship YHVH, because he doesn't lie, he revealed the very consequences of our actions to us and gave us the option to choice whom we would serve and worship.
So I prefer to serve God freely and be bound by Him than to be bound by sins. For my sins will bring death, and it is impossible for me to free myself from sin or the consequences of it. But he who the son sets free is free indeed, so God so loved that he sent that son to me, to set me free.
1. God also said in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 that only those who are of the blood of Israel and living as part of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Israel are bound to that agreement which He made with His people in the desert. Those are the same people who later on damned and scattered to all the ends of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6. So, how can you, a damned soul β€” assuming you are of the blood of Jacob β€” say you worship God under the Law which you have been damned under? What do you hope to achieve by such exercise? undecided

2. Interesting claim you make there in bold. Recall the simple commandment in the Law that God gave to Adam in the beginning which also contained a curse.
15 The Lord God put the man in the Garden of Eden to work the soil and take care of the garden.
16 The Lord God gave him this command: β€œYou may eat from any tree in the garden.
17 But you must not eat from the tree that gives knowledge about good and evil. If you eat fruit from that tree, on that day you will certainly die!” - Genesis 2 vs 15 - 16
As it turns out, that same curse β€” in red β€” sits at the core of the judgment that came after Adam sinned against God.
16 Then God said to the woman,β€œI will cause you to have much trouble when you are pregnant. And when you give birth to children, you will have much pain. You will want your husband very much, but he will rule over you.”
17 Then God said to the man, β€œI commanded you not to eat from that tree. But you listened to your wife and ate from it. So I will curse the ground because of you. You will have to work hard all your life for the food the ground produces.
18 The ground will grow thorns and weeds for you. And you will have to eat the plants that grow wild in the fields.
[b]19
You will work hard for your food, until your face is covered with sweat. You will work hard until the day you die, and then you will become dust again. I used dust to make you, and when you die, you will become dust again.” - Genesis 3 vs 16 - 19
The curse of the Law not only details the sentence that awaits those damned by God's Law, it also details the end that awaits them as a result of being damned by the Law. So, back to what God said in Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 all of Israel has been judged and damned under the Old Law by God Himself. So, why do you continue to live under the same Law which now works to ensure your destruction as stipulated by God in that passage? undecided

3. Which Son? The same Son, Jesus Christ, who stated that in order to benefit from Him you have to abandon the Old Law in its entirety to become a follower of His? The Baptism of Repentance proclaimed also by Jesus Christ is a ritual to mark an abandonment of the Old Law of Moses β€” the Old fountain of living waters β€” and a beginning under the New fountain of living Waters, Jesus Christ. So, are you saying you have never undergone this ritual at all or was it a farce for you when you did? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. God also said in Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 that only those who are of the blood of Israel and living as part of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Israel are bound to that agreement which He made with His people in the desert. Those are the same people who later on damned and scattered to all the ends of the earth - Deuteronomy 30 vs 1 - 6. So, how can you, a damned soul β€” assuming you are of the blood of Jacob β€” say you worship God under the Law which you have been damned under? What do you hope to achieve by such exercise? undecided

2. Interesting claim you make there in bold. Recall the simple commandment in the Law that God gave to Adam in the beginning which also contained a curse.
As it turns out, that same curse β€” in red β€” sits at the core of the judgment that came after Adam sinned against God.
The curse of the Law not only details the sentence that awaits those damned by God's Law, it also details the end that awaits them as a result of being damned by the Law. So, back to what God said in Deuteronomy 28 vs 15 - 57 all of Israel has been judged and damned under the Old Law by God Himself. So, why do you continue to live under the same Law which now works to ensure your destruction as stipulated by God in that passage? undecided

3. Which Son? The same Son, Jesus Christ, who stated that in order to benefit from Him you have to abandon the Old Law in its entirety to become a follower of His? The Baptism of Repentance proclaimed also by Jesus Christ is a ritual to mark an abandonment of the Old Law of Moses β€” the Old fountain of living waters β€” and a beginning under the New fountain of living Waters, Jesus Christ. So, are you saying you have never undergone this ritual at all or was it a farce for you when you did? undecided

I said I will answer only questions, not assumptions nor accusations

"So, how can you, a damned soul β€” assuming you are of the blood of Jacob β€” say you worship God under the Law which you have been damned under?"

First of all this is not who I am nor what I said

You ask what I hope to achieve, by what exercise?

You quoted a response to you, but your quote as ZERO reference to what you quoted πŸ™„πŸ˜³
🀣🀣🀣

For your question "why do you continue to live under the same Law which now works to ensure your destruction as stipulated by God in that passage?"

I do not live under "the same law" so I cannot give you a reason for something you assumed.

Hope you understand, forgive me if you don't. I am sorry if my answers are not satisfactory to you sir

The questions are supposed to be about God and His word. Not about you assuming who I am, what I may or may not have done. 🀷 But your judgements are amazing as they are comical 🀣 sorry no offense, but do you actually have a question about God and His word

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkiee: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
β–  I said I will answer only questions, not assumptions nor accusations "So, how can you, a damned soul β€” assuming you are of the blood of Jacob β€” say you worship God under the Law which you have been damned under?" First of all this is not who I am nor what I said. You ask what I hope to achieve, by what exercise?
β–  You quoted a response to you, but your quote as ZERO reference to what you quoted πŸ™„πŸ˜³
🀣🀣🀣
β–  For your question "why do you continue to live under the same Law which now works to ensure your destruction as stipulated by God in that passage?" I do not live under "the same law" so I cannot give you a reason for something you assumed. Hope you understand, forgive me if you don't. I am sorry if my answers are not satisfactory to you sir.
β–  The questions are supposed to be about God and His word. Not about you assuming who I am, what I may or may not have done. 🀷
β–  But your judgements are amazing as they are comical 🀣 sorry no offense, but do you actually have a question about God and His word
1. But according to YHWH, only those who are of the blood of Jacob and of the Land of Canaan- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - can worship Him. So, if you are none of that, then why did you claim to worship YHWH? What do you hope to achieve by claiming you worship a God who said you cannot worship Him if you are not of the blood of Jacob and of the Land of Canaan? undecided

2. I am afraid I don't follow at all. undecided

3. If you do not live under the Law that is YHWH β€” God's Old Covenant Law of Mosesβ€” then how can you claim to worship YHWH since to worship YHWH means to live your life in submission and obedience to His Law of Moses? undecided

4. Your claims birthed the assumptions. You claimed you worshipped YHWH but YHWH said only those who are of the blood of Jacob and the Land of Canaan could do any such. And the same YHWH damned all those who are under that Law already meaning that they have no redemption under that Law which now works to utterly destroy all those born under the Law β€” those who are born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

5. What Judgments would those be? What have I said so far that is not of the Word of God? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. But according to YHWH, only those who are of the blood of Jacob and of the Land of Canaan- Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - can worship Him. So, if you are none of that, then why did you claim to worship YHWH? What do you hope to achieve by claiming you worship a God who said you cannot worship Him if you are not of the blood of Jacob and of the Land of Canaan? undecided

2. I am afraid I don't follow at all. undecided

3. If you do not live under the Law that is YHWH β€” God's Old Covenant Law of Mosesβ€” then how can you claim to worship YHWH since to worship YHWH means to live your life in submission and obedience to His Law of Moses? undecided

4. Your claims birthed the assumptions. You claimed you worshipped YHWH but YHWH said only those who are of the blood of Jacob and the Land of Canaan could do any such. And the same YHWH damned all those who are under that Law already meaning that they have no redemption under that Law which now works to utterly destroy all those born under the Law β€” those who are born of the blood of Jacob. undecided

5. What Judgments would those be? What have I said so far that is not of the Word of God? undecided
YHVShA

Do you have a question concerning God and His word 😌
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkiee: 8:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
β–  YHVShA. Do you have a question concerning God and His word 😌
You haven't shown that you know the Truth of the one you claim you worship though so what sort of questions can you really answer of the one you don't seem to know of? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You haven't shown that you know the Truth of the one you claim you worship though so what sort of questions can you really answer of the one you don't seem to know of? undecided
it's not for you be prejudice about not judge 😌

Is your goal to ask or to prove that I cannot answer even without asking, thereby discouraging anyone from asking πŸ€”

πŸ˜ƒ Are demons on nairaland really bothered by simple questions and answers about God and His word 🀣🀣
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by MrLankeeee(m): 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:

Yod hei vav hei

Jesus is Lord

In scriptures? No exact quotation.

You know the meaning of Yod hei vav hei?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkiee: 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:
β–  it's not for you be prejudice about not judge 😌
Is your goal to ask or to prove that I cannot answer even without asking, thereby discouraging anyone from asking πŸ€”
πŸ˜ƒ Are demons on nairaland really bothered by simple questions and answers about God and His word 🀣🀣
Do you believe God is True and all that relates to Him is Truth? If yes, then what makes you think that one who does not understand the basic Truth of God can be expected to speak God's Truth? undecided

Does a demon and adhere to God's Truth in all formats? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by FRANCISTOWN: 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
gohf:

Which of the Gods? Brahmna, Ra, Ye, Gita, Allah, Yahweh, Eledumare, Flying Spaghetti Monster or which exactly?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Benfaco: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2023
The love of God for us

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

When Adam sinned, he lost the direct access he initially had with God. (Genesis 3) God decided to send his only begotten son (Jesus) to pay the price for our sins on the cross of calvary because of his love for us. When Christ resurrected, he restored all privileges that we once had and brought redemption to us all. All we need is to believe that he died for our sin and has once again granted us direct access with God. No longer through an intermediary! (Mathew 27:50-53).

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

If our earthly parents care so much for us, how much more our father in heaven! (Luke 11:11-13). God’s love for us is infinite. He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:19).

Prayer of Salvation

Lord Jesus, I accept and acknowledge you as my personal lord and savior. I sincerely ask that you forgive my sins. Come into my life and pour out your spirit on me. By faith, I receive the promise of the father, which is the holy spirit. (John 14:16) I thank you for the price that you paid for me on the cross of calvary. Thank you for my redemption. I pray that your power, grace and favor will abide with me now and forever more. Amen.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 7:48am On Jun 17, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Which of the Gods? Brahmna, Ra, Ye, Gita, Allah, Yahweh, Eledumare, Flying Spaghetti Monster or which exactly?
Jehovah
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 7:53am On Jun 17, 2023
MrLankeeee:

You know the meaning of Yod hei vav hei?
Yes I do, each represents a letter in Hebrew language
The 10th letter Yod, which represents the symbol of a working hand
The fifth letter hey which represents what is revealed
And the sixth letter Vav, sometimes spelt waw, which represents connections, or peg or nail that connects.

Adding the meaning of the letters have given some several definitions of YHVH. In all, it simply means the one who does what He revealed.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 7:57am On Jun 17, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Do you believe God is True and all that relates to Him is Truth?
Yes
If yes, then what makes you think that one who does not understand the basic Truth of God can be expected to speak God's Truth? undecided

Does a demon and adhere to God's Truth in all formats? undecided
I do not think of such 😌
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Kobojunkie: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2023
gohf:
Yes I do not think of such 😌
But you clearly think about demons since you brought them up. So, does a demon proclaim and adhere to God's Truth in all wise? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by MrLankeeee(m): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2023
gohf:

Yes I do, each represents a letter in Hebrew language
The 10th letter Yod, which represents the symbol of a working hand
The fifth letter hey which represents what is revealed
And the sixth letter Vav, sometimes spelt waw, which represents connections, or peg or nail that connects.

Adding the meaning of the letters have given some several definitions of YHVH. In all, it simply means the one who does what He revealed.

Correct.
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
MrLankeeee:

Correct.
😁😁
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by Maynmaynmayn: 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2023
gohf:
😁😁
Yhwh goes far beyond hebrew letters.
It’s an Egyptian hieroglyphics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahwist

And not to forget, before moses got the name β€œyhwh”, his mother was already bearing that name before moses was even born, the cult of yah was predominant in egypt.
Jochebed- yhwh is glory.

So which new name did the character moses saw?

Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by FRANCISTOWN: 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2023
gohf:
Jehovah
Okay! Who created Jehovah?
Re: Ask Me Any Question About God by gohf: 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

Okay! Who created Jehovah?
the Father 😊😌

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Casting Of Lots By The Apostles In The New Testament Is Pagan Practice Like Ifa / How Satan Is Using Nairaland To Initiate People Into Atheism / Can Man Make God 'change His Mind'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.