Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? (1573 Views)

How Reliable Is Audi A4 in Nigeria? / How Reliable Are Innoson Buses For Transport Business? / Dodge Caliber How Reliable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by omochelsea004(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2023
Hi guys, to the Benz family here on nairaland, how reliable is W203, C200 M111 kompressor engine, in terms of maintenance, fuel consumption, durability & other factors?

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by omochelsea004(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2023
Wow... No single response, is it that the brand of car is uncommon or what?
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Manuella4ace: 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
omochelsea004:
Hi guys, to the Benz family here on nairaland, how reliable is W203, C200 M111 kompressor engine, in terms of maintenance, fuel consumption, durability & other factors?

Nice car, durable engine, never dies.
Be careful with your cooling system, radiator, fan and thermostat. Use coolant and not water, moderate fuel consumption, extra durable.

Check for rust.
I used on with the same engine, till I was involved in an accident, you will never regret buying that car.

3 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by omochelsea004(m): 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Nice car, durable engine, never dies.
Be careful with your cooling system, radiator, fan and thermostat. Use coolant and not water, moderate fuel consumption, extra durable.

Check for rust.
I used on with the same engine, till I was involved in an accident, you will never regret buying that car.
thanks bro, pls what about the maintenance, is it economical or is it as expensive as pple describe Benz to be? I mean like the cost of spare parts, mechanic workmanship & co
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by id4sho(m): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
omochelsea004:
Wow... No single response, is it that the brand of car is uncommon or what?
I know a dude using this c200 for bolt. It's 1.8L engine, very economical. I like this car too
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:12am On Jun 17, 2023
I no too dey like old cars anymore..but it's nice car
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by hentech911: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
It's a good car
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by hentech911: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
Am currently using this exact type of engine, fuel economy is good, the engine is a die hard engine, suspension parts are not too pricey if it's not 4matic.
It's good for long journey and more fuel economical on highway.
Recommended oil is Mobil oil.
I use Mobil regular engine oil(7lts).
4yrs now, no engine issue, no oil shortage and no smoking.

5 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by omochelsea004(m): 7:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
hentech911:
Am currently using this exact type of engine, fuel economy is good, the engine is a die hard engine, suspension parts are not too pricey if it's not 4matic.
It's good for long journey and more fuel economical on highway.
Recommended oil is Mobil oil.
I use Mobil regular engine oil(7lts).
4yrs now, no engine issue, no oil shortage and no smoke
wow... Thanks for the details
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by RoadMozart(m): 4:16pm On Jun 25, 2023
If you maintain it well, it won't give you issues.

Stay away from floods tho

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Manuella4ace: 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
omochelsea004:
thanks bro, pls what about the maintenance, is it economical or is it as expensive as pple describe Benz to be? I mean like the cost of spare parts, mechanic workmanship & co

Very economical, parts are cheap but hard to get original parts, just don't buy an abused one.
When I was involved in an accident, that was when I knew how strong this car was, believe me, if it were to be a Japanese car, hmmmmm..... I reserve my comment.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 25, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Very economical, parts are cheap but hard to get original parts, just don't buy an abused one.
When I was involved in an accident, that was when I knew how strong this car was, believe me, if it were to be a Japanese car, hmmmmm..... I reserve my comment.

Very quick to mention Japanese car, op never asked to compare reliability and safety with a Japanese, you just pulled up to show you are "benz" geng. Why not talk about others, like Chinese gac or American Ford or just stick with "it is very reliable and safe"?

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Manuella4ace: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2023
henro4niger:

Very quick to mention Japanese car, op never asked to compare reliability and safety with a Japanese, you just pulled up to show you are "benz" geng. Why not talk about others, like Chinese gac or American Ford or just stick with "it is very reliable and safe"?

Am not comparing and not showing am a Benz geng, I mentioned Japanese, because I own both the c200k and corolla and honestly if it was the corolla I used the day I had an accident, hmmmmmmm, I for no dey here dey write this.

2 Likes

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 26, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Am not comparing and not showing am a Benz geng, I mentioned Japanese, because I own both the c200k and corolla and honestly if it was the corolla I used the day I had an accident, hmmmmmmm, I for no dey here dey write this.

We thank God for your life but if God says that you will survive an accident, even if you are in Keke, you will still survive. Moreover, don't compare c class with corolla, that should be A class. Compare c class with lexus IS series

1 Like

Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by Manuella4ace: 7:14am On Jun 26, 2023
henro4niger:

We thank God for your life but if God says that you will survive an accident, even if you are in Keke, you will still survive. Moreover, don't compare c class with corolla, that should be A class. Compare c class with lexus IS series

Ok sir.
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by RoadMozart(m): 12:30am On Jun 27, 2023
henro4niger:

Is Lexus Is series as strong as c klasse?
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:41am On Jun 27, 2023
RoadMozart:

Is Lexus Is series as strong as c klasse?
no
Re: How Reliable Is This Brand Of Car? by ThaRealNyke: 11:10pm On Jun 28, 2023
Is This A Good Offer

Ford Edge 2008 SUV for Sale
Price: N4,000,000 (Naira)
Call/Text/WhatsApp: (+234) 08069829826

Overview Engine Specifications & Features
Cylinders: Inline 4
Base engine type: Gas
Horsepower: 250 hp @ 5,500 rpm
Torque: 280 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
Transmission: 8 Speed Automatic

Engine Dimensions:
Base engine size: 2.0 L
Cylinders Inline: 4
Base engine type: Gas
Horsepower: 250 hp @ 5,500 rpm
Torque: 280 lb-ft @ 3,000 rpm
Valves 16
Cam type: Double overhead cam (DOHC)
Valve timing: Variable
Direct injection: Standard

FRONT SEAT DIMENSIONS:

Front head room: 40.2 in.
Front leg room: 42.6 in.
Front shoulder room: 60.3 in.
Front hip room: 55.9 in.
Leatherette : Standard
Bucket front seats : Standard
8-way power driver seat: Standard
Height adjustable driver seat: Standard
Driver seat with power adjustable lumbar support: Standard
4-way power passenger seat: Standard
2-way manual passenger seat adjustment: Standard
Height adjustable passenger seat: Standard
Multi-level heating driver seat: Standard
Multi-level heating passenger seat: Standard

(1) (Reply)

Driving License Cost In Nnewi? / 2004 Landrover Freelander And Maintenance. / Benin City Mechanic And Rewires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.